JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hare-brained Unity - Spectre

Author Topic: Utaban Discussion Thread  (Read 28096 times)

Offline Ruroshin

• Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2005, 04:26:15 AM »
I like the skipping rope myself, they work up more sweat that way too

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2005, 11:47:45 AM »
Quote from: tama-chan
People are saying that only Puripuri Pink got to perform... :?

hahaha tama-chan you dirty dirty girl!

Good to see more Kemeko and Yuko moments on the Shuffles 2005 Utaban...didn't Kaori look a little too spaced out tho?? The new episode was alright - at least longer than usual.

The thing I like about Utaban is that it's 2 guys who act out our most devilish fantasies on the H!P girls. The abuse we wish to inflict on them. Who wouldn't want to throw a ball at them and make them scream!??

And the talk segements "makes or breaks" you. You want to be teased by the hosts. It's the perfect chance to stand out. She who gets the most lip service from the hosts gains the most.

So check out Elegies. Shibata gets IT. The setup: something like "Are these the new MKB members?" and Shibata quickly denies!!

...time is scarce these days for H!P Pimpage. no more 2 episodes dedicated to em, Shibata seized the moment. Takahashi really has to step it up besides looking pretty.

Of course....the veterans get IT. The whole dodgeball game was hilarious, making Kei dance when she was the last one. Hope Viyuden gets booked!!

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2005, 11:26:36 PM »
Quote from: Happosai
Quote from: Angry_Kaorin
I hate Utaban. But I still laugh when I watch it, sometimes.
i guess it's because of the whole "johnson" affair ??? :lol:

Or is it because on this show, Kaori was brutalized, harrased, beaten, and insulted ???  :P  

Bah... Momusus's apearance on Utaban were always funny as hell.
I particularly love the old ones, when Yuu-chan was still in MM and was put down whatever she said, and Taka-san was constantly hitting on Gotsan !!!  :lol:

And they did came up with the silliest games for the girls, just to decide who'll sit at the table with the hosts, and who would sit in the back !!!  :D

Hilarious stuff !!! Me luv very much !!!  :bounce:

Even so, Ishibashi even admitted that Kaori's his favorite MM member when he broke out of his usual TV persona on another show. They bully 'cause they love. Remember the Yasuda graduation special? Takaaki and Nakai were actually sheding tears. It shows that they do care! :D

Nice to see an Utaban topic!

I've been watching Utaban ever since 2000. It's still my favorite Japanese show, although I think it lost a bit of flare over the years...probably because their H!P appearances have been kinda stale as of late. The last H!P appearance that I enjoyed a lot was the H!P All Stars one. All of the recent MM/Ayaya ones have been a borefest. It kinda annoys me too, since I KNOW Utaban could do better with them. It seems that they're half-assing all the H!P appearances now. The shuffle group interview from this year was 10 minutes at most, and they only had Puripuri Pink's performance. WTF!?

I used to watch full episodes, but nowadays I find myself just flat out skipping interviews with artists that I'm not interested in. I haven't been able to download full Utaban episodes as of late...'cause the Jpopsuki tracker hasn't been working for a few months. Would anyone happen to know a place where I can get them?

P.S. Takaaki/Nakai= best duo ever.

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2005, 11:50:27 PM »
Quote from: Kenji
... They bully 'cause they love....

I totally agree!!
Same goes for Okamura and Yabe...
They are all a bunch of super-duper fans, even if they show it the hard way !!! :P

...All of the recent MM/Ayaya ones have been a borefest. It kinda annoys me too, since I KNOW Utaban could do better with them. It seems that they're half-assing all the H!P appearances now. The shuffle group interview from this year was 10 minutes at most, and they only had Puripuri Pink's performance. WTF!?...

Damn right...  :(

I used to watch full episodes, but nowadays I find myself just flat out skipping interviews with artists that I'm not interested in...
*sigh* :cry: welcome to the club...

I haven't been able to download full Utaban episodes as of late...'cause the Jpopsuki tracker hasn't been working for a few months. Would anyone happen to know a place where I can get them?

eh ???  :?

are you sure you're not trying to access an old url or something ???
it's running fine, dude !!!  :wink:

try here : http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/?page=browse
or even here : http://mullemeck.serveftp.org:8080/jps_beta/

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2005, 12:25:41 AM »
Yep, still not working for me...I don't think I was banned, because a few others with good upload rates have also had trouble accessing the tracker. It might be my ISP. BOOOOOOO!!

I was trying to reach the people who run the tracker, but they don't have any contact info on their site.

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2005, 11:03:10 AM »
Yep, still not working for me...I don't think I was banned, because a few others with good upload rates have also had trouble accessing the tracker. It might be my ISP. BOOOOOOO!!

I was trying to reach the people who run the tracker, but they don't have any contact info on their site.

weirdness...  :? it works super fine for me... i've read in the FAQ that they banned some standarts p2p ports from connecting to their tracker...

You may try their forum or their IRC channel if you want to reach Mulux !!!  :wink:

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2005, 08:21:17 PM »
I can't even access their forum! :P

Would you mind contacting them for me? I could write something up :D

Offline Raviral

• Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2005, 04:08:31 AM »
Boo-yah!

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2005, 02:06:06 PM »

PM me what you want to tell or ask 'em, and i'll pass it to someone in charge.  :)

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2005, 07:49:22 PM »
Quote from: Raviral
Boo-yah!

BUUUUUUUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   That's the shit!!! :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2005, 08:40:04 PM »
I hate Utaban. But I still laugh when I watch it, sometimes.
i guess it's because of the whole "johnson" affair ??? :lol:

Or is it because on this show, Kaori was brutalized, harrased, beaten, and insulted ???  :P  

Bah... Momusus's apearance on Utaban were always funny as hell.
I particularly love the old ones, when Yuu-chan was still in MM and was put down whatever she said, and Taka-san was constantly hitting on Gotsan !!!  :lol:

And they did came up with the silliest games for the girls, just to decide who'll sit at the table with the hosts, and who would sit in the back !!!  :D

Hilarious stuff !!! Me luv very much !!!  :bounce:

Even so, Ishibashi even admitted that Kaori's his favorite MM member when he broke out of his usual TV persona on another show. They bully 'cause they love. Remember the Yasuda graduation special? Takaaki and Nakai were actually sheding tears. It shows that they do care! :D

And u believe that?
Where's a nice graduation episode for Kaori then in Utaban? Coz I didn't see anything special.

Nacchi got a super episode and Kaori...nothing.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Why I am not a Nacchi fan? At least she really gets some love! :evil:

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2005, 09:01:50 PM »
Where's a nice graduation episode for Kaori then in Utaban? Coz I didn't see anything special....

Damn !!! now that you mention it...  :(  Why?why?why?  :?

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2005, 04:07:29 AM »

PM me what you want to tell or ask 'em, and i'll pass it to someone in charge.  :)

Cool, thanks!

Man, that looked like it hurt a lot.

And u believe that?
Where's a nice graduation episode for Kaori then in Utaban? Coz I didn't see anything special.

Nacchi got a super episode and Kaori...nothing.

OF COURSE I believe that. Why wouldn't I? The format of each Utaban taping isn't up to the hosts, you know...they have writers that basically tell them what to talk about in each episode. That's why they have their daihon's with them. They have to stay within the time gap they're given, which is why some Morning Musume appearances are edited a bit to fill the time gap.

I wouldn't be surprised if Takaaki asked to have a special episode for Kaori...perhaps the writers disagreed? The MM appearances have been lackluster for the past few years anyhow, so I'm sure the writers felt that a graduation special for Kaori wasn't needed. Although, they had one for Kei two years ago...but seeing all the hell they put her through, I think she certainly deserved one. Of course Kaori got just as much hell in the earlier days, but that was quite awhile ago. Now she's pretty quiet whenever she appears on Utaban. It seems the hosts no longer focus on her (I'm sure it's the writers that tell them who to focus on).

Kaori used to be my favorite member back in 1999, but I never "hated" Utaban or the hosts for what they did to her. Like I said before, they bully because they love. You gotta admit all the classic Johnson moments were great. It's not just Kaori they pick on either...they're pretty harsh to Yuko whenever she appears as well.

BTW, the Nacchi graduation episode was nothing special. It was 20 mins at most, and didn't even come close to Kei's graduation special.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2005, 04:51:24 AM »
Quote from: Raviral
Boo-yah!

:lol:  :damnfunny  :ROFL  XD

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2005, 06:35:44 AM »
OF COURSE I believe that.

Hmmm... and now, should I believe you? :P I'll do, just for my peace of mind . :D nowadays I'm almost reaching the insanity limits....

Kaori used to be my favorite member back in 1999, but I never "hated" Utaban or the hosts for what they did to her. Like I said before, they bully because they love. You gotta admit all the classic Johnson moments were great. It's not just Kaori they pick on either...they're pretty harsh to Yuko whenever she appears as well.

Well, I can't help hating whatever picks on (bully, offend...) Kaori. Awww that's coz I'm the annoying Angry_Kaorin...

BTW, the Nacchi graduation episode was nothing special. It was 20 mins at most, and didn't even come close to Kei's graduation special.

I don't remember Kei's episode. Coz I barely remember things about Kei. XD

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2005, 06:56:16 AM »
Well, I believe Takaaki was telling the honest truth...mostly because he broke out of character, and was nothing like his usual TV persona. I'm wouldn't be surprised if Takaaki and Kaori have a good relationship off the camera. :D

I remember one Utaban episode where after they stopped taping, Takaaki walked up to all the MM members and shook their hands. He seemed really nice, and didn't act like his usual self.

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2005, 09:19:41 AM »
I suspect taka is really sweet to all of them in reality and that's how he gets away with what he does. (Similarly with monkeyboy okamura from mechaike.)

Kei's farewell kinda captured both aspects of it.

Offline Ruroshin

• Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2005, 09:47:23 AM »
did mari actually say on her Utaban farewell episode that Taka was very good them off screen?  Even attended their concerts to support them?

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2005, 11:51:45 AM »
Yep, something like that. She said Takaaki acted like a "father" to MM, and supported them by attending some of their concerts. She couldn't think of anything for Nakai, so he got pissed. :lol:

Offline JaisBane

• ecchi
  • Member+
Utaban Discussion Thread
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2005, 06:39:49 PM »
Another thing about Utaban is that appearances are scheduled based on how well an artist's last single sold.  So, if you have blockbuster sales, like for Love Machine, then you'll an hour long special with massive sets.  But if your sales start sinking, like the recent Momusu, then you'll get shorter segments with less than spectacular themes.  Kaori probably didn't get a graduation ceremony because the producers felt that Momusu's recent sales didn't warrant one.  This is also shown in this year's shuffle appearance.  After the flop of last year's H!P All Stars they only got about 15 min and only one group could perform.  It's not really fair, but it's a way for Utaban to maximize their profits.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hare-brained Unity - Spectre