JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: C-ute - Singing-ANO KORO NO YOUNI-

Author Topic: (Group) 2PM  (Read 47200 times)

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Re: [KOR] 2PM
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 07:52:07 AM »
Werd Gain.  Welcome to the forums, too.  We aren't the biggest collection of 2PM fans on the internet, but we at jphip know when injustice has been served.  For a guy to come from another country at the age of 19 to try to achieve a dream is something else, but then to actually make a debut, be a celebrity for a year, and then to be shat upon by a bunch of jealous haters with nothing better to do (like say, work on their OWN goals in life) and then either forced to leave, or to be demoted from leadership which seems to be the current rumour, is just sad.  I think its human nature to be competitive and all that, but its not cool to aim to cause one person to fail at something over something so trivial.  I hope Jaebum doesn't see this as a heroic act or anything, with him riding off into the sunset to save the town from impending doom or whatever, because I think he can put up a better fight than he seems to have put up.  Like I said on air during Bombastic Radio tonight, the only way that I feel he were justified in quitting is that if someone is directly threatening his own livelihood and safety, or the livelihood and safety of his loved ones.  But if that were the case, I'm sure there would be some sort of police involvement first.  However, for Korea, a country which is still technically at war with itself, knocking down your fellow countrymen is nothing new.  I'm really surprised that they haven't imploded by now, and that the Japanese haven't come by to sweep up the pieces to call their own.  But, that's another story, I'm getting a little carried away now.

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 08:00:01 AM »
This is annoying - One of the names I knew in KPop was Jaebum - even before getting into 2PM - which just happened.

I just get into the group and a member leaves because of a stupid group of netizens.

Antis have always annoyed me ...but this is ridiculous - the man worked hard - and they still bash him.

This is definitely time to continue to support Jaebum and the other guys in 2PM.

Offline Koolmon93

• Member+
  • Karaoke is srs bznz.
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 08:05:43 AM »
JAEBUM! T___T

Even though I don't get attached to singers, Jaebum is one of the few artists I actually looked up to. I found him so cool in all of the performances and it's just heartbreaking to see it end up this way. The news on 2OD's twitter page that the Hottest's president wants the members to stop Jay at the airport. O.O I am seriously thinking about signing up for twitter just to follow this story. LOL.

*siiiiiiiiigh* I hope it's just a temporary leave.

*Set by Gypchan*

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 08:11:58 AM »
Seems to me like this was just the trigger for him to leave and not the actual cause.  I mean, apparently he's actually leaving Korea sometime today.  That's not something you do just because of a rumor like this.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2009, 09:42:18 AM »
About 300 fans are reported to have been waiting for Jaebeom at the airport when he arrived.

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Odango

• 。♥Super。Cutie♥。
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 2NE1
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2009, 11:46:35 AM »
It's 6:42pm right now in Korea as I type this, and Jay is on the plane back to Washington. I'm still so mad and upset because Jay is my fave  :heart: And I sincerely hate that anti's can force artist's to do things like this. Why make time to just hate? It's ridiculous~!!!

The fan support was amazing  :wub:

I sincerely hope he does return and that this is just a momentary rest so he can gather himself and make himself better in mind, body, and spirit. I'll respect any decision he makes and will always be a fan. But, if JYPE has pushed him out, that's just ridiculous and I will lose a lot of respect for JYP as well as JYPE.

The friend he was conversing with on myspace has commented on this situation as well

EDIT: (More pics of him leaving and fan reaction)

Jay.... :cry:

Fan feels the same way...

Mass of people~

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:57:52 AM by Odango »

♥... soundclick ...  ♥ ... youtube ...  ♥
she isnt in this poll but I would like to make it known that I vote Odango for Ultimate Cutest  :theking

Offline T0FU

• <3 Sushi!
  • ecchi
  • I <3 Girls... but in a non-sexual way.
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 11:58:42 AM »
From what I read on korean news sites... JYPE tried to persuade Jay not to quit. So I think he was really making too rash of a decision here. I mean, it's okay to go back to America and visit your family to wind down, but to quit? :( that's too much.

JYP is currently in the states right now. I hope that he will visit Jay and knock some sense into him. As it stands, Jay still has a contract with JYPE so hopefully a miracle will happen. >.<

Leah Dizon <3 || "Aimez-vous manger avec moi dans mon llit?" || T0FU-TV

Offline Odango

• 。♥Super。Cutie♥。
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 2NE1
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2009, 12:10:24 PM »
I sincerely hope that JYP does talk to him, and that after a few days of rest he'll come back in a better state. Now that he see's how much support he has, and how much the fans love him and support him, hopefully he'll return~

Here's some more pics...

Fans trying to hold Jay back

Jay bowing to Hottest

♥... soundclick ...  ♥ ... youtube ...  ♥
she isnt in this poll but I would like to make it known that I vote Odango for Ultimate Cutest  :theking

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2009, 12:15:11 PM »
one of the pictures seemed like the fans squaring off with the haters

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2009, 03:54:31 PM »
Video showing Jay leaving and the madness at the airport.

090908 SSTV - 2PM Jaebeom @ Incheon Airport

Man, that must've been somewhat scary even for him.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2009, 06:27:03 PM »
I saw 2PM perform in Korea twice while I was there, by chance with a friend.  Korea in its desire to gain more ground in the international community has no problems with accepting foreigners, just to push itself into international acceptance.  However, they still are still struggling on how not to "sell out" and keep its uniqueness.  The lesson learned on Korea's part is that by becoming more diverse, you must change the culture (a bit).  And Jae-Beom's lesson is not to bite the hand that feeds you.  Koreans took it hard, when he said that.  The people still use communal words, (like our father, our country, etc.).  For example, imagine if Obama said, African Americans are gay, I hate them.  Not a pretty picture.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2009, 08:32:18 PM »
I understand your point, and yes, he did make a mistake and there's definitely a lesson to be learned from it. However, he wasn't the president of Korea.

When he made the comment, he was just an immature 18 yo boy ranting to his best friend (whom he also called gay in the message btw). He wasn't a celebrity and much less a politician. I think that since he was in training trying to become a celebrity, he should've definitely been more careful with what he said. And the korean people definitely have a right to be shocked and upset upon the revelation of those posts of him. BUT, he explained why he said those things and he apologized and expressed a lot of regret for it. So the people should also learn to keep things in perspective, realize that he was just a regular 18 yr old boy frustrated and going through hard times and communicating privately with his best friend. He deserved to be reprimanded in some way, even forcing him into a hiatus would be embarassing and punishment as they do in other groups for worse stuff. But the suicide petitions and forcing him to quit is just absolutely wtf.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »
So here's some interesting news, looks like someone has decided to step up and admit that he was the one that took Jay's words out of context on purpose to try to make him look bad.  Sorry just isn't going to cut it pal, you're a douchebag to all the Hottests and music fans in general.

Courtesy of K-Bites. Click them!

Offline gain

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2009, 12:59:39 AM »
I came across this in an article that made me think of Jaebeom and his situation:

"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." "You can't put yourself above and beyond anybody. We all have periods where things haven't gone our way for whatever reason, and we've all had an opportunity to grow."

You hit the nail on the head Rei-chan. Netizens need some perspective. Its crazy that there were petitions floating around asking for Jaebeom to quit or commit suicide for comments he made 4 years ago as an unknown 18 year old foreign trainee.

I think its great that someone has the courage to own up to what they did. While it may not help out Jay and his situation now, maybe other netizens will think twice about spreading malicious stories in the future. Is that too much to hope for?

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2009, 05:27:05 AM »
This made me sad. At ~1:13 they ask Jo Kwon a question about Jaebeom and his expression becomes super sad. I had never seen him not smiling before =/

090910 2AM Jo Kwon Interview

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2009, 12:04:50 AM »
JYP's official statement about JaeBeom:

Quote from: JYP
I have received much shock from what Jaebum wrote 4 years ago to his friend. Could it have been another celebrity, I myself would have felt much anger, resentment, and abandonment at his words. But I have known Jaebum for so long that those words are not surprising to me.

I already knew Jaebum was that kind of child.

When Jaebum first came to Korea 4 years ago, he was very rebellious and out of line. He laughed at Korea and belittled his fellow trainees, even going so far as to see me as ‘easy.’ I believe he thought that being a Korean celebrity was something to laugh at. He was a boy that wanted to b-boy in the streets. He fought with company employees, his dance instructors, and made threatening statements.

At times, he even said that he did not like JYP Ent., and would name another rival company, wishing to be sent there instead.

But what made us surprised even more was that when asked whether he had the guts to succeed, he said “We could succeed if we don’t receive JYP’s music.”

At this point, employees wondered why we were keeping such a rebellious boy.

This is why his words 4 years ago are not suprising.

Then why would we keep such a kid?

I love rebellious children. Rather than children that are nice up front but are calculating and evil behind my back, I love children that are rebellious up to my face. I loved the fact that he showed his emotions straight up. It gave me hope. Who would have the guts to utter such words to my face? To say that his failure depended on my bad music? I thought that it was funny.

I believed that rebellious children had too much energy, just no place to express that energy. Or they never met someone that would trust them enough to show them the correct path. I wanted to help this person go on stage and feel the energy and joy. As long as I could instill within him trust and love.

To Jaebum, there are only two types of people. His family, and those that are not his family. He loves his family more than I could ever know. The reason he talks about money in interviews is not to buy nice clothes, it is to pay back his family, who always works hard for him. That’s why he ran the path of becoming a singer.

He was rebellious, but he excelled in training.

I saw this and thought, if only I could make him think of my company, his fellow trainees, this company as his family. if only.

So one day, I told him “Jaebum, someone is not a family only because they share the same blood. Please open your heart to them first. Then others can be your family too.”

Through these efforts, he began to change.. He began to hug his fellow trainees, start conversations with company employees, and began enjoying his time on the stage.

He finally began to express his energy on stage and began to shine through singing and dancing.

I chose him as the team’s leader. The rest of the 6 really believed in him and followed his lead.

He always trained with them and always thought of his younger members before him..

After his debut, he felt a change in his heart at the news reporters and attentions that showed him in a positive light and began showing affection.

He was touched at by the hearts of his fans.

Good people, good friends, good fans… good music.. through all this, he began to change.

But as things began to go up, like a sad movie scene, his entry from 4 years ago was released.

He was so sorry. To his 2PM brothers, to me, to his company employees, to his fans.. and to nobody more than to his Koreans.

He thought to himself that if he stayed any longer, his brothers would only get more hurt. He told me he did not have the confidence to get up on stage.

I knew what he was saying too well to hold him back.

If I were him, I would have made the same decision.

And so he left.

His last email to me said “I’VE BEEN A LITTLE PUNK IN THE PAST. I JUST WANT TO LET YO UKNOW THAT IT WAS A LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE. IT MADE ME A MUCH BETTER MUCH STRONGER PERSON AND I’M THANKFUL FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME. REAL TALK.”

My heart was ripping. It hurt. But knowing what Koreans would feel at his words, an immense sense of betrayal, I could not say anything.

But what I can do for him is to tell everyone that he showed on TV is not fake. He might have been rebellious but never fake. He never hid his true emotions. He was always up front, straight up… and that is something that can never change.

I know the public and the fans and I am listening to your opinions. But the most important thing is that Jaebum is not 2PM’s Park Jaebum but a human Jaebum.

I genuinely wish for you all to hold his decision true.

I apologize once more.

JYP

credits: seoulbeats

Wow. Dunno how JYP had so much patience back when he was a teenager if he was that much of an insolent brat XD

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2009, 12:29:04 AM »
And with Jae's departure, Taecyeon and Wooyoung have ended their Inkigayo hosting.  I don't really blame them, if one of my best friends were such a negative target, I wouldn't feel like working either.
Credits to sookyeong.wordpress.com for the news.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2009, 12:38:43 AM »
According to what I read there and on allkpop, it's still not definitive that they're leaving Inkigayo... Both sites pretty much just state that there's a possibility that it'll happen and they're waiting on a decision to be made and that the Inkigayo production will support whatever decision is made on part of the guys.

It's sorta annoying how these things keep changing daily now XD  Just 2 days ago the Inkigayo people had posted a msg on their site stating that the guys would continue as MC's and now suddenly they might not. Aiii With all the upset people and the boycotting fans, what's gonna happen with 2PM in the end if all keeps collapsing after Jaebeom like this >_<  

Also, in the statement on the Inkigayo website a few days ago, they supposedly mentioned something like how it'd be good for the guys to stay as MC's because, unlike MCing variety shows, it's harder to land a position as MC of music shows. If that's so and the guys are doing a good job, why not just give them a brief hiatus while the situation improves and then let them come back... T_T
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 12:41:37 AM by Rei-chan »

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2009, 07:32:56 AM »
I jacked this article from allkpop because they do a great job.

On September 13th, Korean Hottests surrounded the JYP Entertainment building at Seoul GangNamGoo CheongDamDong under the occasion of a silent protest against 2PM Jaebeom's recent withdrawal from the 7-member group. 2,000 members from 64 of 2PM's websites rallied together for a total of 2 hours, waiting outside from 2PM (very clever) to 4PM with over 100 police officers present on stand-by.

Due to the large turn-out of fans causing a blockage in traffic, the initial time, which was set for four hours from 2PM until 6PM, was cut short. One of the fans’ representatives said, “We will have the fans go home and clean up the streets by 6PM.”

In particular, what caught people's attention the most was a poster that read "4 Years, 4 Days", which translates into:

Four years, the time it took to change him from Jay Park to Park JAEBEOM
Four days, the time it took to destroy his dream.
It was a simple, yet powerful message that the fans based their silent protest on.

They also made a clear statement that they would not "support a 2PM that has less than 7 members" and were spotted bearing fansigns that demanded the return of the fallen member.

"Jaebeom, come back"
"Jaebeom, are you watching?"
"PM 01:59", "7=1"
"We miss Jaebeom"
"I am looking for 2PM's leader Jaebeom"
"Give us our Jaebeom back"

One representative claimed:

Through this whole process, the company did not do anything to the team which they have trained. All the responsibilities were carried by Jaebeom. While the fans are hoping for official explanation and active solutions to the situation, JYP has looked away and fans are now angry at JYP. We are angry at what JYP showed us in this past week, and we are officially demanding JYP to return Jaebeom to 2PM.

This was the first collective action that was taken since Hottests from all over the world made their declaration of boycotting 2PM and all music released under JYP's name. There was a total of approximately 1,000 CDs that were piled outside the JYPE building that day.

Now, I wanna know where all these people were when all the “you should commit suicide” and “you should leave 2pm” and “you disgrace Korea” stuff was going on.  Jay got crapped on really REALLY hard, and now that he’s gone, NOW is when the support shows up?  It wasn’t there to say “Korea forgives your comments from 4 years ago, and we accept your apology.”

That’s the one thing that’s gonna pop back up if he were to come back - the whole comment that he made in the first place.  Does Korea forgive Jay for saying what he said, in private to a friend of his?  Whether Korea forgives him or not, Jay’s never going to be the same.  I understand what the fans want to do, and what they want to happen, I just think that they’re selfishly ignoring the real issue behind it.  Everything’s not just going to go away if he comes back: he needs to be told that the country forgives him for his mistake.

Well Korea? Do you forgive him?  We'll never hear an answer unfortuantely, since that's not what the Hottests are thinking about.  They're just looking for a way to blame JYP for this whole thing.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2009, 08:28:58 AM »
I love these logos

"Four years, the time it took to change him from Jay Park to Park JAEBEOM.
Four days, the time it took to destroy his dream."

And the one shown in a pic saying "What time is it now? 1:59 PM"  XD

Anyway... I think when the thing first exploded with the koreans upset at Jaebeom, the 2PM fans were most likely expecting him to issue an official apology, maybe even on a press conference, and his company and JYPE to somehow speak up for him too. I know I was expecting that. I'm not blaming JYP for anything, but I certainly did expect him to speak up way BEFORE Jay quit, not days after. I thought that was pretty wtf. And that's probably what got the Hottests this upset.

According to what we all have heard, quitting was Jay's own decision. But that doesn't erase the fact that JYP remained completely silent to the public while this whole Jaebeom hate thing was going on. I bet if JYP had spoken up and said all that stuff he said in his official statement, BEFORE Jay quit, the fans wouldn't be reacting like this. Then at least the fans would've seen that he made an effort to help Jay's situation before he had to resort to quitting.

As you say, maybe Korea would never forgive him anyway, but at least the fans would know that his company supported him and did their best to keep 2PM together as 7.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: C-ute - Singing-ANO KORO NO YOUNI-