JPHiP Radio (6/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Meisa Kuroki - Shock

Author Topic: Warriors - Chapter 25 [WMatsui] (12/12/2015)  (Read 35718 times)

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

Re: Warriors - Chapter 25 [WMatsui] (12/12/15)
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2016, 06:21:36 PM »
Hi Sophcaro-san,

It’s the first time for me to comment on this board. I read Warriors since last month and I really enjoyed it that I almost read all 25 chapters  :cool1: You have to know that you’re very good in narrating the story and describing the situation. I did read comments here and I believe some readers have ever told you that.

WMatsui is my favourite pairing and it’s satisfying to see Rena’s character as composed kenjutsu instructor paired with Jurina the rebel protégé. I can see the gradual change in Jurina’s attitude; she’s calmer and has more ability to contain herself.  :glasses:

I was about to give some comments for chapter 22 but then I got carried away that I read until chapter 24 instead  :shy2: In chapter 22 you were detailed in describing the fight. To be honest I thought Rena would show up somewhere to save Jurina haha! She did save Jurina before when Jurina was almost drowning, and long before that, when she endangered herself to rescue Jurina from other samurai. So I would not be surprised if she would eventually show up (again), but she didn’t  :gyaaah: In chapter 23, the character that outshines the other was Churi. She was a hero and I was mad at the doctor and the guard that didn’t want to help her because of what she is.  :scolding:

I think I like Churi more and more (even more than Annin)  In chapter 24, I’m happy that Rena seems more open(?) to her feelings. My favourite quote is when Rena asked Yuki, “Do you think it’s wise to harbor such feelings?” because it means Rena starts to realise how she actually feels to Jurina. I guess?

I still have one more chapter to read. I thought to read it tonight, but no, I’ll read it later.  :on speedy:

Nice fics, Author-san! Hats off!

Ps. I follow all your fics including Heartbeat/Partners/Destiny trilogy, and I super like it! Looking forward to your updated fic!
Pps. Have I told you that you’re my favourite fanfic author?  :on crazygran:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:51:24 PM by Bukiyou Taiyou »

Online sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
Re: Warriors - Chapter 25 [WMatsui] (12/12/15)
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2016, 09:42:06 PM »
In chapter 22 you were detailed in describing the fight. To be honest I thought Rena would show up somewhere to save Jurina haha! She did save Jurina before when Jurina was almost drowning, and long before that, when she endangered herself to rescue Jurina from other samurai. So I would not be surprised if she would eventually show up (again), but she didn’t

It would have been too predictable if Rena came to save her. The point of that scene was also to show that Jurina was capable of handling herself in a fight scene. Because we didn't see her in a full, long fight scene until now. And it was more realistic to have Churi help her than Rena, because of the proximity of her workplace.

In chapter 23, the character that outshines the other was Churi. She was a hero and I was mad at the doctor and the guard that didn’t want to help her because of what she is. 
I think I like Churi more and more (even more than Annin) 
I'm happy you like Churi. I enjoy very much writing about that character, whether it's in Warriors, or in my trilogy. And I agree she doesn't deserve what's happening to her... but it's the realistic part of her job (and the historical context), I'm afraid. Things will get better at some point for Churi, I promise!

About Annin... she's a very minor character in this story and she has served her main purpose. We will see her again, but don't expect too much! I don't want you to get too attached...

Thanks for reading and leaving that long comment. I appreciate it, and I really enjoyed reading it :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:17:14 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Will return in February 2018
- Back in Time | Will return in February 2018
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

Re: Warriors - Chapter 25 [WMatsui] (12/12/2015)
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2016, 03:25:51 PM »
Hi Author-san,

I finally read chapter 25! I'm glad it's not a cliffhanger ending because I know it would take some time until you finally continue Warriors. The ending is sweet for Rena finally accepted Jurina and her own feelings to her. I'm looking forward for more WMatsui moments!

I see Kitarie appeared in this chapter and I wonder what kind of relationship that she and Airi had. I also wonder why you put Kitarie as one of the characters for Warriors. I mean.. I thought you would put any SKE member for that role instead. XD

Anyway, thank you for this super cool fic! Can't wait to read the updated chapters! There are some things that still need explanations, like how Sayanee and Miyuki will influence Shinoda clan and how they related to Jurina and Mayu. I also wonder how Churi and Annin will end up.

Now excuse me while I'm waiting for new chapter of Destiny.  :byebye:

Online sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2017, 12:17:39 AM »
Hello everyone!

Despite the message I posted here in March 2016 stating that I was not dropping Warriors, I'm still receiving concerned messages about it so I felt it was best to reassure readers.

First, I want to say that I'm really happy you guys like this story so much, I really am! And I understand your concern, as it's unfortunately very common to see writers starting a fanfic and dropping it along the way without even saying/explaining anything. I'm also an avid reader myself, so believe me when I say I understand your concern very well!

However, I want to reassure again that Warriors is NOT dropped. It's just on pause until I finish my trilogy. A big storyline is coming up on Warriors - one that will require a lot of brainstorming and elaboration - and I can't work on two big pieces at the same time. That's why I started Back in Time in parallel of Destiny as it's a far less complicated story for me to write, and I have decided to resume Warriors once Destiny is over.

I know it has been a long hiatus, but please be a bit more patient with me!  :)

@Bukiyou Taiyou: I just realized I never replied to your comment, and I'm sorry about that! It's never too late to right the wrong, right?

I finally read chapter 25! I'm glad it's not a cliffhanger ending because I know it would take some time until you finally continue Warriors. The ending is sweet for Rena finally accepted Jurina and her own feelings to her. I'm looking forward for more WMatsui moments!

As I knew I was going to make a long pause after this chapter, it was unconceivable of me to end it on a cliffhanger. I wanted to solve a few plotlines before, the WMatsui relationship being the most important  ;)

I see Kitarie appeared in this chapter and I wonder what kind of relationship that she and Airi had. I also wonder why you put Kitarie as one of the characters for Warriors. I mean.. I thought you would put any SKE member for that role instead. XD

Rie and Airi were in a master/student relationship, but also friends. As of the nature of Rie's feelings towards Airi, that's something I leave to readers' imagination. I chose purposely to stay vague on that aspect so readers could interpret things as they wished.

Why did I choose Rie? I chose her because she was during a short time a member of SKE48, and I grew to like her during that time. Besides, the duet Rie and Airi once did on the song "Manazashi Sayonara" managed to influence me in a way to write this tragic friendship story.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 04:17:20 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2017, 12:22:37 AM »
Sophcaro are always welcome, and your stories too.

Offline kimuchan

« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2017, 06:14:50 AM »
recently got into WMatsui and your fanfics are seriously feeding my weak and thirsty shipper heart. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. I'm looking forward to the continuation of all your stories ❤

Online sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2017, 09:12:18 PM »
recently got into WMatsui and your fanfics are seriously feeding my weak and thirsty shipper heart. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. I'm looking forward to the continuation of all your stories ❤

Thank you for your nice message!  :)
It always makes me very happy to learn that new readers are discovering my stories, and enjoying them.

I will resume Warriors as soon as my other fanfic Destiny is over.
See you then!  :thumbsup
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS

JPHiP Radio (6/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Meisa Kuroki - Shock