JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Huckleberry Finn - A Child Who Makes Fire

Author Topic: Colour of Truth - Omake (Tanakame) Part 7 (last) - 10/04  (Read 83004 times)

Offline fallenxangel24952

• TakaGaki Supporter 4 LIFE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaGaki=Forever Love
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 71 - 08/06
« Reply #240 on: August 06, 2010, 04:48:42 PM »
now we know something like behind the scens?
they live 5 years together already? wow...
and we know how they meet and so!

O.M.G  next chapter would be last?!?!?!

happy or sad ending?

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 71 - 08/06
« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2010, 04:21:47 PM »
@ Her Awesome Holiness: I can think about doing an omake about those two or I could leave it in the air for the reader to have their imaginations run wild  :lol:

No pressure now!!!

@ fallenxangel24952: Exactly because there are many unanswered things about the special team so I decided to put some history for them so that things can clear up about their other lives.

Chapter 72

Present

The sun was shining brightly with a little breeze where a group of people were surrounded in a private area.  The horns blew the song, the same song that is heard when fallen soldiers were to be buried whereas a coffin was being carried in by men dressed in their official police officer outfits wearing white gloves, others were lined up in a path with rifles in their hands, saluting.  When the coffin passed by each row of shooters would shoot into the sky before going back to a saluting position.  Whimpers could be heard from the family and friends of the fallen whereas the co-workers were dressed all in their outfits with a solemn look on their faces.

A priest was right behind the tomb holding the bible waiting for the coffin to arrive where he can pray and blessed the deceased on their way to heaven.  When the priest left, Airi stood before the grave and began her speech, sunglasses on covering her eyes from the sorrow she was feeling.

“We are gathered here today to pay respects to a fellow colleague that did their duty as a police officer.  Their work as a police officer is greatly appreciated and will be remembered and honoured amongst those in the police force as well as those in our city.  It is a shame that the individual left us but the dedication that they had for what they stood for and what they achieved is something everyone in the police force will learn from and idolize.  May you rest in peace” Airi bowed before looking at her team to step side by side of her.  The officers holding their rifles blasted a shot up in the air while Airi hollered out the instructions “SALUTE!!!!” The whole team put a hand to their forehead and gave the honourary salute, knocking their shoes together, head held high and back straight.  The team then threw down their white roses and walked away for others to do the same.

Risa, her coroner team and the forensics team were also there, along with the Commissioner and other individuals that have worked with the deceased.

Airi, Risa and Miyabi were casually talking to other colleagues after the ceremony when the Commissioner caught their attention.  The Commissioner was busy talking to other individuals, dressed in black wearing sunglasses, that the girls did not expect to see there.  Miyabi who had been watching suddenly hobbled towards where the Commissioner was with her crutches.  Airi and Risa realized where Miyabi was heading towards and dashed after her to stop her from doing something she will regret.

“…things will be fine, it’ll be rough in the beginning but things will be fine” Yossie laid a hand on their shoulders and gave the leader a pat.

The girl gave a weak smile but noticed in the corner of her eye someone watching them, more like glaring and two others approaching.  Yossie turned and noticed the new additions “Ah, Suzuki-san, Natsuyaki-san, first I would like to congradulate you guys for returning to the team and nice job Suzuki-san, in apprehending Mano, she confessed everything… and second of all I’d like to introduce you to…”

“We know who they are…or at least we thought we did” Miyabi spat out recalling the day Mano was apprehended

Flashback

~RING RING~ “Detective Suzuki’s office” Miyabi answered with a bored tone

“Ma’am, we just had a dispatch for your team along with ambulances, the caller indicated that they have Senior Detective Suzuki with them”

“What are the coordinates? Indicate this to everyone on the team and tell them I will meet them there” Miyabi listened to the location and rushed to the designated location

When Miyabi reached her destination, she saw Airi talking to other officers before taking one Mano Erina away “Airin!” seeing Airi looking in her direction, Miyabi quickly hobbled over pulling Airi into a bear hug “You can see…is that who I think it is? The criminal?”

Airi nodded “That’s Mano Erina of Mano Corp, she was going to commit suicide at the last moment but I grabbed her arm and dived to safety before the building blew up”

Pulling away Miyabi noticed that although Airi was smiling, she noticed that she had been crying “What’s wrong?”

Before Airi could respond, they heard voices behind them “Hey, let go!” recognizing the familiar voice, Miyabi turned to see Saki, pushed against a cop car, arm twisted behind her back “I’ve got to see Maimi”

“Saki-tan?” Miyabi turned back to try to meet Airi’s eyes, who was looking anywhere but at Miyabi.  Sensing that Airi was not going to answer, Miyabi hobbled over to Saki, peeking into the ambulance along the way to see Maimi lying on the stretcher with the paramedics tending to her before closing the door and driving off.

“Saki-tan!!” Miyabi’s voice called out stopping the commotion between the officer and Saki “What’s going on?” ~KABOOM~ a part of the warehouse crumbled

“Someone check if any of our own is inside and if so get them out ASAP!!!!” Miyabi could hear Chisa instructing others closely behind her but Miyabi kept her gaze on Saki, looking beyond to see that Ai, Reina, Eri, Erika and Momoko had arrived and fended off the officer for Saki.  Momoko and Erika’s appearance shocked everyone all geared up and not anything like the professional image they had “Saki-tan, what is the meaning of this?”

“Detective Natsuyaki” Miyabi turned to see her team mates walk up to her “Under Detective Suzuki’s orders, we are to take them in” Maasa took a step forward pulling out her handcuffs

“What?!!” Miyabi was in shock “What do you mean?”

“They broke the law Miya, we have to take them in” Airi’s voice could be heard

“No, you must be mistaken”

“Ask them yourselves” Miyabi turned to Saki, searching through her eyes for something indicating that it isn’t true, it was all a mistake

Saki’s face showed no emotion and was unfazed “You can’t take us in, we have to see our leader” backed up by the rest of Saki’s team, anyone that tried to cuff them, they would retaliate shocking everyone else on Miyabi’s team

“Saki, come in quietly or do we have to do it forcefully”

“Senior Detective Suzuki, on what basis are you taking us in?” Erika spoke up with the same emotionless expression as Saki

“On the basis of illegal possession of firearms and…killing others” Airi’s voice was strong and not backing down especially considering the fact that the one who questioned her was someone from the Crown’s office.

“That was entitled in our jobs” Reina hollered out and was losing her cool but Saki held up her hand for them to all back down

“Taking us in is not a problem but I don’t see the need for handcuffs and why we can’t wait until after we’ve seen Maimi” Saki’s tone and attitude showed no signs of fear or remorse or anything friendly but professional “Your team owes it to us if anything because if it weren’t for us, your team wouldn’t know where you are right now isn’t that right Ai-chan?” Ai nodded from behind Saki “If it weren’t for us, you would have been dead instead of one of our own in an ambulance” Saki stared hard at Airi

“Unfortunately that’s not a good basis for killing others Shimizu-san” Miyabi finally spoke up “Guys book ‘em”

Nakky, Maasa and Yurina stepped forward with their handcuffs, whereas Reina, Ai and Saki took an attack stance “Step down Shimizu, don’t make us pull out our weapons”Airi warned

On instinct, all on Saki’s team put a hand on their own weapon “Don’t make us pull out ours Suzuki, either let us go see Maimi first or we’ll have no problem adding the number of deaths in today’s situation”

“STOP!!!” everyone turned to see the Commissioner step out of her car “Shimizu-san, get your team and go see Yajima-san, meet me at the police department in 1 hour” Saki and her team nodded before walking off without looking back.  Yossie then looked at Airi and her team “Guys, you have other things to do, go to it!” Yossie instructed before getting back into her car.  Airi and her team watched as Yossie drove off followed by vehicles that came out from trees or wherever, a Ducati, a minivan, a metallic silver Skyline GT-R and a black Corvette.

End of Flashback

Airi pulled Miyabi back for displaying rude behaviour to the Commissioner “Miya!!! Let me handle this”

Before Airi could speak up, another voice broke in “Commissioner, mission accomplished” the person saluted and then gave a huge smile to Yossie

“Sayu, welcome back, thank you for your assistance” Yossie then turned to Saki, Ai, Reina, Eri, Erika and Momoko “I’d like you to meet Michishige Sayumi, I think you should have heard of her through Yajima-san right?” At the mention of the name, everyone looked up at the Commission with a weird expression “I guess not”

“Wait, you know Maimi?” Saki asked, taking her sunglasses off to take a better look at Sayumi

“I thought she would have told you by now, I am who you were looking for before, the one that helped them” Sayumi pointed to Airi “take down the ones that held the Nakamura family hostage”

“When was this?”

“I’ll answer that, Yajima-san called me not too long before you guys apprehended Mano…”

Yossie’s Flashback

~RING RING~ “Commissioner Yoshizawa speaking”

“It’s me, I want to confirm something with you”

“Gen, how can I help you?” Yossie immediately recognized the voice and remembered not to call the individual by their real name

“You have someone else out there and didn’t tell me about them correct?” Yossie stayed quiet “I’ll take your silence as a yes.  If I am not mistaken this person probably is somewhere near us so they can keep an eye out for us.  I don’t think my memory is that bad but I believe someone new has appeared that wasn’t there before so I am betting everything on my guess”

“Oh, so you know who it is?  This is interesting, please do go on”

“I have gone to my father’s company on multiple occasions when growing up so I am familiar with the people around there.  A few questions and I got what and who I wanted.  Your other person is Michishige Sayumi”

Yossie couldn’t help but grin and clap out “You are just as good as I thought you were.  Mako-chin would’ve been proud at how her sister has surpassed her.  I am surprised that you found out so fast though and without telling me you were suspicious, Sayu has a lot to learn from you”

End Flashback

Saki laughed out loud looking up to the sky causing the rest of the group to look at her funny “Makoto-ane, do you hear that??? Maimi has definitely made you proud, if only….” Tear drops were slowly descending from Saki’s eyes “…if only you were here to see this, if only Maimi…”

Yossie’s smile faded as she put a hand on Saki’s shoulder “Yajima-san is a rare one, in my experience in the force I never thought I would see someone that was better than Mako-chin in her skills but Yajima-san proved me wrong.  Mako-chin is definitely watching and hearing us and she is definitely proud of Yajima-san’s accomplishments”  Yossie then faced Sayumi and nodded to her.

Sayumi walked up to Airi, “When Yajima-san knew who I was, we had talked and she wanted me to talk on her behalf.  She knew what she was facing, the fear of leaving her loved ones behind, the fear of her lover finding out the truth about her identity, the fear of losing her lover when they found out.”  Sayumi bowed confusing Airi “Yajima-san wants to apologize for not revealing everything about her, apologizes for putting you through any pain that you feel, but she does not apologize for falling in love with you.  She hopes you can understand, undercover work was her task and she is not to reveal it.  She really loves you and I am envious of you to have someone like her” Sayumi pulled out a box “She had called me to the hospital the morning of her misfortune and had handed me this, asking me to give it to you if anything happened to her”  Sayumi handed the box to Airi cupping the box using Airi’s hands and Airi could feel the pat that Sayumi gave her before walking off with the Commissioner.

Everyone else inched closer to Airi as Airi opened the tiny box and gasped, inside the box was band with diamonds all over it and a note.  Airi quickly opened the note

Airi,

If you have received this box then I would assume something has already happened and you’ll probably know my real identity either through the Commission or Saki.

I know we haven’t been together or known each other for a very long time and I am not giving this to you as a spur of a moment thing.  I was truly worried when those people were getting close to you, my fear of losing you outweighed any fear that I have felt in my life.  I knew at that moment how special and important you are in my life and I knew that you would never be replaced.  You might think that I am acting irrationally because of the amount of time we’ve known each other but if you ask Saki, she’ll tell you that I don’t do things as big as this if I wasn’t sure of myself completely.  I may not be sure if you’ll ever forgive me or accept me but I want you to have this ring.

This ring signifies the love I have for you, it signifies what you mean to me.  You are as shiny as the stars up in the night skies, you were as precious as the diamonds on this ring and as strong as the diamond in character.

Regardless of what happens, whether we will be together or separated, I would like you to have this gift.

Love always,

Yajima Maimi

Airi couldn’t help but cup a hand over her mouth as she was crying, especially when she saw that inside the band “I Love You Suzuki Airi” was engraved inside.

Everyone else who was hovering over Airi’s shoulder to read the note had tears in their eyes, including Miyabi who tried to put a strong front.  Saki walked up to Miyabi, expecting to be yelled to go away but did so anyways, just as Ai did the same to Risa.  “Miya, I know you might feel like we lied to you, put you in the dark but you know as well as I do the job I had,  living in gray areas, neither dark black nor pure white” Saki took hold of Miyabi’s hand with one hand and pulled Miyabi to face her “But that doesn’t mean that I don’t love you, it doesn’t mean that this beating heart” Saki placed Miyabi’s hand on her heart “isn’t beating for you, we knew that this day would come when the truth would be told but we also hoped that you’d understand.  I know whatever we say now means nothing and can never replace the feelings you have but please understand that I did and still do love you”  Saki let go of Miyabi’s hands and took a step back when Miyabi turned to the side, tears still streaming down both of their faces.

Reina and Eri stood behind Saki in support when Miyabi did not respond.  Ai was about to speak but Risa put her hand up stopping her from speaking, taking that as her cue that she should bother to explain, Ai slowly walked back to stand beside Saki “You may not want to hear it, but this, including Umeda Erika and Tsugunaga Momoko from the Crown’s office, is my family and team mates, we are who we are.  You can’t tell me that you didn’t feel what I felt or how we felt for you guys as friends and lovers, but if this is the case, we apologize formally”  The team bowed before turning around to walk away.

“Wait!!!” They turned only to be met with a hug from their respective lovers “I didn’t tell you to speak because you didn’t have to, I love you too much.  I can’t deny that I felt a little lied to but when I saw your retreating back and Yajima-san’s love for Airin, I didn’t want to see you walk away, I didn’t want to let go” Risa kissed Ai with so much feeling and strength, Ai almost toppled over. The team couldn’t have been more happier that things were not changed, Reina and Eri hugged each other at the team mates finally finding their other halves like they have, except one who was still crying and examining the ring.

~Hitoribocchi nanka ja nai taisetsu na hito ga takusan iru yo hora ne sono subete no ai ni Sankyuu~ “Moshi moshi”

“No way!!!!”

“I’ll be there right away!!!” Saki snapped her phone shut and looked up at the group in shock

“What is is Saki-tan?”

“That was the hospital, Maimi…” Airi dashed out, slipping the ring on her finger, followed by everyone else ‘Wait for me, Maimi, I’m on my way’

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 72 (final chapter) - 08/09
« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2010, 06:21:03 PM »
Wait, but, Maimi! You said this-! Final chapter- augh! :panic: Are you going to put in one more chapter?! I wanna know what happens with YajiSuzu!

P.S. Yes Tanakame omake!

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »
^ This is the final chapter, and I was going to leave it up in the air for the readers to decide what type of ending they wanted formulated in their heads...I guess that was a wrong decision on my part nee? 

I'll see what I can come up with, okay with you?

I am absolutely shocked about the announcement about Eri, JunJun and LinLin that I might need time to digest before I can start writing anything new.

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • C-ute, Berryz and Morning Musume forever
« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2010, 06:45:53 PM »
you really need to write one more chapter..... :cry:

the ending of this chapter is too much suspense... :panic:

please write another chapter.... :cry:

i really need to know what happen to Maimi cause i can't imagine anything..... :panic:

ONEGAISHIMASU!!! :bow:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2010, 07:17:27 PM »
I'll see what I can come up with, okay with you?
Epilogue? That way, you haven't really lied about final chapter-san here.

I am absolutely shocked about the announcement about Eri, JunJun and LinLin that I might need time to digest before I can start writing anything new.

Yeah, I know the feeling, I'm shock blocked now, too.

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2010, 04:39:56 PM »
@ abok: As we have discussed offline, here is one of the epilogues  :lol:  Finally had time to think.

@ Her Awesome Holiness: Taking your advice about the epilogue and I actually meant I'll see what I can come up with for the Tanakame omake (which is still in production, I have a general idea but just haven't jotted down the words)

Epilogue

A full year has gone by already since Airi had discovered the truth about Maimi and her team and it seemed like it was just yesterday.  Throughout this time, Airi would make frequent visits to the jailhouse to pay Mano Erina a visit, always avoiding the topic about Maimi though because of the turmoil that Mano Erina had to go through herself, it was probably the best course of action.  Thinking about Maimi, Airi couldn’t help but feel sad, she wasn’t by her side and haven’t been since, something that Airi would have to get use to.

Airi looked into the open sky, a lot has happened in the year, a lot of things that she would have never imagined would have happened in her life, good and bad, it felt unreal.  Airi used her hand to cover the sun rays that were beaming down at her face, faced with a ring on her finger, glistening before her.  Smiling, she lowered her hand and stared at the ring on her finger, recalling the love she felt from the person who had given it to her, the same ring that she slipped on a year ago.  She recalled the times they were together and the talks that they had, although at the time nothing was concrete yet, it felt amazing that just the small task of someone listening to her and talking with was enough. ~plink plink~ Airi saw droplets fall on the ring and quickly wiped them off as if they will stain it, but the more she wiped the more that fell, it had suddenly dawned at her that she was crying.  Holding the ring close to her heart, she continued to cry as the most vivid memory that she had recently was that day when the hospital called Saki.   

Flashback

“That was the hospital, Maimi…” Airi dashed out, slipping the ring on her finger, followed by everyone else, whereas Ai contacted the missing team mates to meet at the hospital.

When they had arrived at the hospital, the doctor was just coming out and he hung his head low, shaking it, portraying that something is definitely wrong.  Being the closest to family, Saki walked up to the doctor and asked about Maimi’s condition.  From afar they could see the doctor explaining something to Saki, and one could also tell Saki’s was going to cry anytime soon.  The doctor bade Saki goodbye before walking off but Saki didn’t move so everyone walked up to her instead.

“Saki-chan, what did the doctor say?” Ai looked at Saki’s face, tears falling down, shocked “Saki-chan?” Ai shook Saki a bit

“M-M-Maimi…” Miya stood beside Saki and pulled her into a tight hug, brushing her back “Maimi woke up…”

“So why are you crying?” Momo raised an eyebrow “That’s good news right?”

“She…she…she couldn’t feel her limbs and… now she is in a coma” Saki finally choked out, everyone else gasping, hand over their mouths, Airi with tears in her eyes

Airi grabbed Saki’s shoulders “But that was the worst case scenario…that was the worst case scenario…” recalling when they were first informed that there was this possibility after her operation because the bullet went through her stomache and stopped real close to her spinal cord.

Reina and Eri pulled Airi from Saki “Suzuki-san, don’t, Saki and the rest of us are just in shock”  Airi just slumped down on the floor, this isn’t what she expected nor did she want this result.

Airi felt arms hug her and the familiar scent of strawberry found it’s way to her nose “Ane….ane…”

Brushing Airi’s back, Risa could only calm her down “I know, little one, I know”

Turning to see her sister, Airi lunged into Risa’s embrace crying onto her shoulder “Ane…M-M-…”

“Just cry it all out little one, just…*choke* cry it all out” Risa tried her best to keep herself from crying, she wanted to be strong for Airi even though she was deeply crying inside.  Reality was, Maimi had made a big impact and impression in Risa’s eyes…like a younger sister, and it even felt like it was her own younger sister in a coma and paralyzed.

The group stayed there crying, unsure as to what to say or what to do but to cry, cry about the after math of a person who had tried so hard to protect those around her, only to come to this result.  “C-c-can we s-see her?” Eri choked out.  The group looked at Saki, who was trying her hardest to make herself stop crying, wiping and rewiping the tears off her face.  Seemingly have lost the use of her voice, Saki just simply nodded and had turned to direct, pushing a hand from Miyabi’s help. 

Just as she had taken a step forward, her legs gave way “Saki-tan, you don’t have to act strong, let me help you” Miyabi instructed when she caught her, helping her to her feet

“*Sniff* I…I can’t…I n-need to be s-strong for the girls…I n-need to *choke* be strong for Maimi” Saki pushed herself away from Miyabi

Miyabi was about to argue when she felt someone pull her back to see 5 individuals go ahead of her and took a hold of Saki. Seeing the girls, Miyabi knew it wasn’t her place nor moment to step forward, as she watched the girls use each other as support turning Saki around.  No exchange of words was needed, but they knew that at this moment, they really needed each other’s support as they got into a group hug, before they walked together towards Maimi’s room. 

The walk was slow and painful, fear searing through their bodies, minds didn’t know if they were ready to face their leader in a coma state.  Step after step, door after door, they finally reached the room that Maimi was in “Anyone want to back out?” Ai whispered, tear-streaked face, all cried out.  No one responded as they pushed through the door to be faced with a dimly lit room blocked by a window.  The only significant light was that of the heart monitor indicating that her heart rate was normal and relatively speaking it wasn’t as bad as they thought, she looked….practically normal, but that could be the fact that the blanket was covering her stomache. 

Pressing against the window, the members looked at Maimi’s sleeping face “Maimi-chan” Eri suddenly hollered out, tears flowing down her face again “Maimi-chan! Wake up!” slowly Eri started knocking on the window “please wake up, see I am awake so you should be too…we…we need you…I need you” Reina and Ai could sense that Eri was going to continue knocking louder and louder as Reina took hold of Eri’s arms

“Eri, Maimi-chan will...” Ai soothed “She’s just tired…she’s been tired for too long, she deserves to rest”

“Baby, y-you have to be strong” Reina choked “we have to make Maimi-chan proud of us when she wakes up, worth her risking her life to protect us” Reina was fully aware that since Maimi had risked her own to protect Eri, Eri had grown very attached to Maimi, more than usual and it was understandable to her, heck Reina tried to go on her best behaviour when it came to Maimi in repayment and gratitude for saving Eri, a gratitude that she’ll never forget.  Of course being the tough one, she didn’t let other see the effort and tried to act as if she wasn’t but she knew how Eri still recalls the day that Maimi used her body to protect Eri. 

“Reina’s right” It had been awhile since Saki spoke up “we have to be strong for Maimi because she’ll need us for the aftermath” Saki then turned to look at Airi still in Risa’s embrace “be and stay strong for Maimi, she’ll need our support”

End of Flashback

Recalling Saki’s words, Airi wiped her tears and stood up straight, ‘I have to be strong for Maimi’

“Why am I not surprised to see you here?” Airi turned to see 6 smiling faces beaming at her

“Hey” Airi greeted weakly “what brings you guys here?”

“Saki and I are here for Natsuyaki-chan and your sister” Ai answered with a grin

“I meant why did you guys come here?”

“Miya told me to find you while she packs up and suggested we look here…so you have the same habit as Miya” Saki looked over the ledge “Boy never thought I would be on the roof of the police department, kinda gives off an movie feeling” Airi giggled at the irony of Saki’s statement considering the fact that the girls before her were undercover but not once did they have to meet at a rooftop.  “You ready to go?”
*************************************************************************************

Walking through the familiar corridors, Airi had begun to feel uneasy, she wasn’t sure if the others felt the same, but she had suddenly feared the place because she had been at the location on multiple occasions for the past while, to the point that she really didn’t want to be here anymore.  Before it wasn’t such an issue but with everything that had developed, she had also developed some fears for the place and wasn’t really too keen about it nor the vibe she gets from it.  Pushing through the doors, the group stopped in front of a wide window looking inside at the occupant and Airi cringed at the sight.  Someone else was inside that caught the appearance of the new arrivals standing outside, putting a finger on her lips, indicating not to tell the occupant that they were outside.

“Congrats Saki-chan” Airi suddenly spoke, not removing her gaze from the events of inside the room “I heard about your little battle with your parents, I’m glad Miya doesn’t have to be heart broken like she was a while ago when we first heard about your parents trying to set you up with someone”

Saki turned and smiled at Miya, going into her embrace “I couldn’t have done it without Maimi though, I would have never had that courage to go against them or go that far in terms of chasing for something that we want if it wasn’t her influence”

Airi turned around from the window, feeling that she had seen enough, and turned to Maimi’s group “How are things at the Crown’s office Umeda-san, Tsugunaga-san?”

“Things are okay, no one knows about our little mission as promised by the Commissioner, so we can continue to work there” Erika spoke on behalf of herself and Momo who was leaning her back within Erika’s arms.

“That’s not a bad arrangement if you think about it, you can use the skills you have learned at the Crown’s office and continue to work there but if we ever needed the team again you guys will join us in action” Miya commented to no one in particular as if thinking about the benefits

Saki pushed Miya on the forehead “Don’t think too much about it” causing Airi to giggle at the antics that she had seen from the two. 

There was a moment of silence before a door opened revealing the doctor walking out, followed by a sweaty Maimi rolling out in a wheelchair.  The moment Maimi’s eyes met Airi’s her face lit up “Guys! What are you doing here?”

“Well it’s the day you are finally released so we all decided to come pick you up, we are a team right?” Reina answered, putting forth a peace sign.

Maimi smiled at how close her team was, “Team or not, I hope everything will not be a ruckus when I get back or I am getting Erika to give you a court notice of damage to private property” wiping the smirk off of Reina and Eri’s face.  Maimi cringed “Ouch!! Why does your facial expression tell me that I will have my house upside down?”

“Maimi, still joking I see” Ai rolled her eyes and turned to Reina and Eri “Guys, she’s joking, with Saki around, I doubt Maimi would have to worry right?”

“Ahhh~~ still the best secretary ever Ai-chan” Maimi slowly wheeled herself down the hall but Airi decided to push her.  Sensing that Airi was going to help push, Maimi put her hand up “I’ve got this” before she continued to push herself slowly down the hall.  It actually pained the team to see Maimi in this state and trying to be strong, not letting anyone help her but they also didn’t want to make Maimi feel inferior.  When Maimi woke up from the coma, a series of analyses was performed, resulting in her upper body being weak hence believing that she was immobilized.  After a few days rest and some exercise, Maimi had full use of her arms, relieving everyone, giving some hope to her lower body. 

The last that they heard from the doctor was that there wasn’t much progression on her lower body but regardless, Maimi went through a lot of physiotherapy session.  The girls didn’t quickly follow Maimi because after every session, Maimi would use 1 hour to bathe herself from the sweat and everyone could feel that it made Maimi uneasy for them to wait for her in the room.  “I don’t know if it’s just me, but I do believe Maimi is getting faster and faster with getting herself around” Eri suddenly commented, which was sort of random in a sense but did get the group out of feeling bad for Maimi.

“Since she’s going to shower, let’s go have a coffee or something before helping Maimi pack her things” Risa suggested

The girls talked randomly just so that their thoughts wouldn’t go into a negative mindset, they promised each other that they were going to be strong for Maimi and they intend to follow through with it. “Um…I guess we should head up now, it’s been a little over an hour” Momoko finished up her coffee as the rest followed suit before heading towards Maimi’s room.

They continued to chit chat while walking into Maimi’s room, with Airi and Saki ahead of everyone else, but stopped when they saw Maimi sitting there clad in a black suit, white dress shirt, black boots and a loose tie “Er…nice choice of clothes…” Saki commented at a lose of words “…when did you get that?”

Maimi grinned “just recently”, they nodded whereas Airi was unable to answer, staring at Maimi looking stunning in a guyish way

“Wait a minute! Just recently? How?” Reina hollered, making Maimi only grin a little wider

Maimi put her hands on the handle of the wheelchair and as if in slow motion, holstered herself up, standing before the surprised group “like this”

The room went dead silent before Maimi was bombarded with questions of what the heck was going on, how long has she been hiding this fact etc, with the exception of one that was stunned to the point that her feet was glued to the floor.  Maimi noticed this and lightly gave a tap on Saki’s shoulder, waiting for the results of her actions.  Knowing Maimi the longest, Saki didn’t have to be told as she put her arms out in front of Maimi and did a swimming motion, moving everyone away from Maimi, causing everyone to understand and of course close their mouths.  Maimi then clapped her hands, to the surprise of everyone…Sayumi walked through the door with a bouquet of roses.

“Thanks Michishige-san” Maimi took the bouquet in her arms

“No problem Maimi-chan” Sayumi winked at Maimi and stepped aside with the others

Maimi slowly stepped forward, one step at a time until she was right in front of Airi “For you Airin” Airi who was still stunned just took the roses, never leaving her eyes from Maimi’s.  “I know you may be shocked to see me on my two feet because I am still shocked myself.  From the day that I had known that I may never use my legs again, I was torn inside not because I couldn’t use them, but because I might have to make a drastic choice.  I don’t want to be a burden for anyone” Maimi took Airi’s free hand “especially not to you, I didn’t want you to be living a life of hardship with someone that needs to be taken care of most of the time.  But that is what gave me the drive to do my best in my physiotherapy, I didn’t want to throw in the towel until I have tried my best.  I know hearing this, you might think I am selfish for making a decision for the both of us and you might tell me that you don’t mind, but I did and I even thought of how far I was going to take it just for you to move on.  That was what I thought, that was the scenario that I didn’t want to come true, so I did everything I could to avoid that and luckily it paid off because if it didn’t…”Maimi put her hands into her pocket “ I wouldn’t be standing here before you.  I didn’t want to reveal this until today because today is a special and important day for me...” Maimi pulled out a box, causing everyone from behind to smile, whereas Airi was still mesmorized by Maimi standing before her “not because I leave the hospital but…” everyone watched as Maimi went onto one knee “…because I wanted to propose to you.  Will you, Suzuki Airi, make me, Yajima Maimi, the luckiest person alive and marry me?” Maimi opened the box to reveal a single diamond ring

The couples inside the room clutched onto their other halves as they waited for Airi’s answer.  Airi’s tears had started to brim the moment that Maimi had gone on one knee, hand over her mouth, touched by Maimi’s reserve to get better, touched by Maimi’s speech and of course actions as she nodded her head.  Maimi smiled, pulled the ring out of the box and slid the ring onto Airi’s finger before getting up, swinging Airi in the air.  When Maimi placed Airi back on ground, she couldn’t wait to kiss the lips that she has longed to kiss, putting her hand at the small of Airi’s back pulling her closer and deepening the kiss while jeers and cheers were in the background.

They slowly pulled away, Airi looking into the eyes of Maimi “You didn’t have to get me another ring, you already gave me one”

“The first one is to show you my appreciation and love for you whereas this one…” Maimi brought the hand with the engagement ring up close “…is to show the world that I am the luckiest person alive” Maimi kissed the ring, causing Airi to blush

As the girls were cheering, Saki used her elbow and jabbed Miyabi in the midsection “Why can’t you be that romantic?”

“Learning anything monkey baby?” Risa leered in Ai’s direction

Eri turned to face Reina, brought her hands to her hips and pouted whereas Reina put her hands in the air “I know baby, I know what you’re going to say, no need to say it”

Maimi holding one hand around Airi’s waist, couldn’t help but share a laugh with Airi and give apologizing looks to those glaring at her. 

“Wait a minute, did you just say you were going to break up with me if your physio didn’t work?” Airi narrowed her eyes at Maimi, stopping everyone from their silent bickering

“Er…gotta go” Maimi bolted out of the room with Airi giving chase.

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Epilogue - 08/24
« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2010, 06:57:19 PM »
what a great ending to this story.... :heart:

i really love it.... :thumbsup

maimi proposed to Airi.... :wub:

miya and saki have got married.... :inlove:

i really love this ending.... :D

i can't wait for the other epilogue.... :fap

thank you very much for this awesome and great story!!! :bow:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #248 on: August 24, 2010, 08:32:43 PM »
Happy ending is happy! *dreamy sigh* I'm so glad everything worked out well in the end. I can't wait for the omake, but take your time.... Wait, doesn't that contradict what I just said?

As the girls were cheering, Saki used her elbow and jabbed Miyabi in the midsection “Why can’t you be that romantic?”

Eri turned to face Reina, brought her hands to her hips and pouted whereas Reina put her hands in the air “I know baby, I know what you’re going to say, no need to say it”
L.O.L. XD That's great. :lol:

“Wait a minute, did you just say you were going to break up with me if your physio didn’t work?” Airi narrowed her eyes at Maimi, stopping everyone from their silent bickering

“Er…gotta go” Maimi bolted out of the room with Airi giving chase.
Omg :rofl: Guess she should have left that part out, huh?

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2010, 07:09:23 AM »
Ooh yay~ happy ending :shakeit:

Guess it's the wedding bells for the C-ute couple...

And maybe the other couples as well? :lol:

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #250 on: August 31, 2010, 03:17:19 PM »
I know I have been behind on my updating and writing but believe it is unbelievable how busy I can get and the fact is...at one point I had even decided giving up writing as a whole.  Luckily, I found a common placement where I can relax my aching head (god knows why I am getting constant headaches) and start writing again.

As most of you know I was debating about the epilogue as to happy or sad and of course the happy ending came out first and I am pretty sure most, if not all are satisfied, so for the second ending I have decided not to post and to give it out to those that are interested in reading. 

So epilogue #2 is available....next step, TanaKame special chapter(s?) (still in debate about how I am going to do this one and how long)

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Epilogue #2 (alternate ending) - 08/31
« Reply #251 on: August 31, 2010, 04:44:57 PM »
i want to read the second ending...... :cry:

can you give it to me??? :cry:

please??? :bow:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #252 on: August 31, 2010, 10:46:41 PM »
Wait, um? Where's epilogue #2?

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #253 on: August 31, 2010, 11:45:39 PM »
@rndmnwierd : you have to ask Faq-U for it..... :D

it's a very good ending though.....

i even cry while reading it....... :cry:

i love it.... :heart:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:53:43 PM by abok »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #254 on: September 01, 2010, 02:18:29 AM »
Please! I would like to read the epilogue #2!

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #255 on: September 01, 2010, 03:48:53 PM »
@ Her Awesome Holiness: Why was I not surprised that you don't mind the TanaKame being long???  :lol: Working on it, if things go well I should have it up by next week (it might be earlier if work slows down for me)

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #256 on: September 02, 2010, 02:15:58 PM »
There's an alternate ending? :? Me want! XD Why don't you post it up?

Ooh yay~ TanaKame coming up :D

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2010, 02:58:47 PM »
@ baddie: I didn't post it because I do know some that were satisfied with the happy ending which makes sense because then it might seem too much?? Tanakame is definitely going right now because I have good vibes  ;)

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2010, 03:06:33 PM »
*bawls* Uwaaaahhhh!!! Shucks that was so sad. Oh well, the emo me like the alternate ending too :cry:

On happier note... *sits cross-legged and waits patiently for TanaKame*

Offline Maimi_Yajima

• Member+
« Reply #259 on: September 06, 2010, 05:54:45 PM »
wa ... I have not commented on this wonderful fic ...  :banghead:
I've been busy, I apologize ...  :panic:
but I'll comment tomorrow. ^_^
" a look can say more than words" and " a look can even denude the heart"

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Huckleberry Finn - A Child Who Makes Fire