JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Identity (Album Mix)

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 993885 times)

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 07:24:30 AM »
lol I read that if you have the rocket launcher and you fire one straight at him when the level starts. He'll grab it and you just get your partner to shoot the rocket and then he'll run away.
Or something...
I dunno I haven't done it yet I'm still working on getting my Infinite Ammo Rocket Launcher :p

I've never tried firing at him with a rocket once the fight starts, but doesn't he dodge at the beginning even if you fire right away with a gun? So I'm thinking he'll dodge an even slower rocket....
The only time you can hit him is if his back is turned, or when he's charging up to sprint at you.

And actually, it takes 2 rockets to make wesker retreat, in all modes (pro, vet, etc)- which are also stackable (one rocket to make him hold, and another rocket to fire at the rocket he's holding). The quickest way I've found to beat wesker (with infinite rocket launcher) is:

* when the fight starts, run straight towards jill, have one person restrain her, than have the other do the throw context command, which will knock her out for i believe 30 seconds.
*after jill is knocked out, have one person head straight to the door (the door wesker kicks you through) while the other person (with the rocket launcher) stays away; but READY (i.e launcher equipped and with a good view, preferably a straight view, to the door)
*have the person at the door taunt, as taunting provokes all enemies, including wesker. if the 1st taunt doesnt provoke, keep stacking it. this will initiate the door kicking sequence.
*immediately after the sequence, have the person with the rocket launcher fire at wesker (whom which by the way has his back turned). he should grab the rocket, which opens him up for the 2nd rocket!
*wesker will be brought down to his knees, and all you have to do is wait till he recovers, and  he will take off runnning...

That whole process is less than a minute! Beating wesker without the rocket launcher is a lot more fun though!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 07:29:18 AM by meowchi »

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 07:47:40 AM »
Awesome setup Sexy Beam I noticed you have both Lunar games sweet series. Impressive collection.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 11:09:47 AM »
Damn, meowchi knows her stuff! I thought a rocket could have been easily dodged by Wesker in 5-3 but well, there you go! And you're right it is more fun to pound Wesker with Chris' fists!

First aid sprays aren't useless in Pro mode, although it may seem like that during the Wesk/Jill 5-3 fight... Wesker and ESPECIALLY Jill have attacks with painfully slow recovery times, making it nearly impossible for a player to heal their partner with the B command.

But! It IS possible to heal instantly if you have the healing item equipped (as opposed to command); I usually have something on my fast equips for quick revive.

Oh and upon restoring health, full health it isn't actually useless (in terms of getting 1 hit ko'd again). Reason being is because if you just resuscitate- the next attack landed on your partners blinking health will prolong the recovery time, making it impossible to heal, whereas with full health, it's back to the base recovery time...

Thanks for the tips meowchi! I understand what you mean, I've had instances where the time from the point of impact to death is practically instant, making resusitation impossible. Guess I'll have to bring a lot more First Aid Sprays or G+R herbs then! And hope my partner of the day does the same.

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2009, 10:00:43 PM »
Anyone play in Aion? It's in beta over the weekend. Korean MMO!

My character:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2009, 10:32:25 PM »
That whole process is less than a minute! Beating wesker without the rocket launcher is a lot more fun though!

YEAH, it was tons of fun on pro with you meowster  :cow:

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 05:38:51 AM »
Anyone play in Aion? It's in beta over the weekend. Korean MMO!

My character:

hows the game so far?? im prolly going to try out the game when it comes out

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 08:13:10 AM »
The animations and graphics are actually the best I've seen! Char creation is so detailed too. Only problem is that it's a total grindfest, being an mmo. Scenery is epic, and flight is pretty fun too.

Speaking of which I just bought 1 of those limited edition resident evil 5 xboxes! Sold all my games and Internet adapter to help pay for it though, lol!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 11:24:57 AM »
Oh please let this be true. Famitsu is reporting that there's a PSP version of Persona 3 in development. But it doesn't look like a straight port because the following scans reveal what appears to be a female protaganist and a male version of Elizabeth :o

Magazine Scan 1 - Female Protaganist with a female Orpheus?
Magazine Scan 2 - Male Elizabeth with gameplay scans?

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 08:39:05 PM »
Yay! meow! I didn't think I would see you on live for months after your last one broke, nice to have you back!  :w00t:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 07:56:35 PM »
Ok so still going through my first playthrough of Persona 4 aaaannnddd....

*SPOILER*
[bgcolor=#000000]I'm pretty sure I chose the bad ending. I tried to explain to Yosuke that pushing Namatame into the TV would be a bad thing and that something was missing in the case but I guess I chose an incorrect option during it, as Nanoko survived but was still in the hospital by March, Teddie disappeared, Namatame is tried but can't be convicted, the fog is still set in Inaba and I left everyone in Inaba without things being resolved. Roll credits. No, I'm gonna try again later and see if I can continue with the good ending. But man, when Nanako died? That was so affecting. Really well done by all the voice actors in what could have been an unintentionally funny scene. Atlus really do hire the best voice actors. I don't think Namatame is the killer, he looked too demented towards the end. I wonder just who could it be. One thing's for sure, I am definately not going anywhere near looking up Persona 4 info on the net. It was while looking for a vid on Youtube that I discovered Nanako was going to appear on the Midnight Channel before it happened  :banghead:[/bgcolor]

Also should keep a note of GamesCom in Germany this week. Looks like Fable III was announced and supposedly there's gameplay footage of FFXIV floating about somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 08:09:10 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 10:15:15 PM »
still havent faced anyone here in mvc2 yet. trying to get DB to play me  :lol:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 12:24:01 AM »
I am watching Giantbomb.com play Persona 4  :lol:
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 01:38:01 AM »
I watch Giantbomb's commentary too and I'm playing through the game! XD They're bound to be ahead of me, I know it, unless they chose the bad ending too that is! Jeff and Vinnies commentary can be hilarious though. I can't see Kanji in game now without forming my own impersonation XD 'GET BENT!' :lol: Would like to watch the vids leading up to where I am, but I want to avoid the user comments at all costs. I read they post spoilers in there even knowing that Jeff and Vinny read the comments section. What dickheads. Last time I saw, they were about to enter the dungeon I was in, ridiculously under-levelled. Kanji was like Lvl 35 or something? :lol:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:40:34 AM by Tuffty »

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 01:58:24 AM »
Haha! Giantbomb has Kanji mad under-leveled still. They have joked about it numerous times. Like they would go into the dungeon and they tell the other characters to go level up in a past dungeon  XD

I dont want to spoil it for anyone who is following their adventure, but its madness. But I assume its madness whatever choice you do with during the game. I did not read Tuffty's spoiler because I am committed to watch them play the game.

Oh you Kanji, remember when the whole gang was eating watermelon and he was sprinkling something over his watermelon?  :lol:

BTW, I am a part of the Chie club. Girl kicks tanks.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 02:43:55 AM »
haha in that dungeon? I lost so many Homonculus items in there! I dunno why they don't use Teddie more, his amount of SP is the same if not higher than Yukiko's and he has the heavy ice spells that Chie doesn't.

I presume it's the same no matter what. Though from what I've seen, me and those at giantbomb tend to follow similar paths i.e. goody two shoes.

Kanji is just an instant quote machine. :lol: Gotta say I'm a Chie girl myself. She did something for me in the King's Game that I won't forget. Though I've been leaning towards Rise lately. That giggle just makes me smile too.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 03:31:15 AM »
im gonna get RE5 for hte PC. whos with me?

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 03:44:00 AM »
haha in that dungeon? I lost so many Homonculus items in there! I dunno why they don't use Teddie more, his amount of SP is the same if not higher than Yukiko's and he has the heavy ice spells that Chie doesn't.

Yukiko's magic level is the highest of the group. True that Teddie has the higher level ice but Chie can take a hit and she kicks tanks. And eventually Chie will get them, so they might as roll with Chie all the way through.

I like Rise, but damn some of her comments are stupid.

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 03:58:48 AM »

did u download the benchmark test? Re5 PC has freaking 3D!

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 11:03:37 AM »
I'm starting to enjoy Blazblue.

I've finished it with four characters and found the gaming very rich.
But I fuckin' hate V-13 :lol:

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 01:43:27 PM »

did u download the benchmark test? Re5 PC has freaking 3D!

yea, i can run it.  :thumbsup get it too meow!

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Identity (Album Mix)