JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - I Know the Feeling

Author Topic: ::Heartbeat Tempo:: [Chapter Forty-Six -- Nightmare]  (Read 144409 times)

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
  • Currently Attending Reina's "Erebeta Pati"
Re: ::Heartbeat Tempo:: [Chapter Forty-Four -- Moonlit Alliance]
« Reply #340 on: September 16, 2007, 01:36:31 PM »
DIBS~ :D After so long ;_;

Haha, Maimi's mad drawing skills "It looks like a foot to me..." Reina sure can sleep through anything xD. And awwww...the world needs SaKanna :D! YAY Yuko spaz :D. And Damn...Maimi's got a gun...RUN AWAY! All in all, fun chapter at the police station xD And yet again W screws somethin' up xD
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 02:20:56 PM by Tanachan »
If Helen Keller falls in the woods and no one is around, does she make a sound?

Official [WHOA] member, master and commander of the Tokunaga Chinami branch.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #341 on: September 16, 2007, 01:50:57 PM »
Yay W! XDDD

Cos they're a great team. XD Poor Maimi and gang. Played like a flute. XDD

Kago gave Maimi the gun? o_o Interesting move. I hope Maimi will be fine when she goes out looking for information. Koharu doesn't look like someone who should be messed with. ._.

Anyway, happy to see you back yay! <3333 -huggles-

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #342 on: September 16, 2007, 03:12:50 PM »
She watched as Maimi turned the gun over in her hands, an almost hesitant look starting to creep onto the gang leader’s face.

“…She needs some way of defending herself with where we’re sending her…”

eeeek, never would I have thought of Maimi dealing with guns   :shocked:  Koharu can't be that dangerous....could she? A sick and twisted Koha is always fun to see.  :twisted: lol.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 04:16:14 PM by modesta107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Re: ::Heartbeat Tempo:: [Chapter Forty-Five -- Distorted Sense of Justice]
« Reply #343 on: September 17, 2007, 12:40:03 PM »
Woah... that pencil flying into the wall :w00t: And Reina sleeping through all that XD
This police station is filled with interesting characters, lolz, it would be crazy being held as a criminal there :lol:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 12:44:21 PM by lil_hamz »

Loser87

« Reply #344 on: September 18, 2007, 03:27:31 AM »
You updated!! And I commented really late OMG!! >w<

Okay...I'll um...edit this one tomorrow night...since now I kinda' have to sleep for my early classes..yeah..

-will be edited..FOR SURE!! >;O -

Offline FeverInducedMadness

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #345 on: September 19, 2007, 10:13:42 PM »
DIBS~ :D After so long ;_;

Haha, Maimi's mad drawing skills "It looks like a foot to me..." Reina sure can sleep through anything xD. And awwww...the world needs SaKanna :D! YAY Yuko spaz :D. And Damn...Maimi's got a gun...RUN AWAY! All in all, fun chapter at the police station xD And yet again W screws somethin' up xD

XDDD

Lol~ I have some friends with drawing skills that are just as insane...
Reina and Risako can get together and just have a naptime party. XD
More Saki/Kanna? I totally agree. <3
XDD W is secretly brilliant, though. :3

Yay W! XDDD

Cos they're a great team. XD Poor Maimi and gang. Played like a flute. XDD

Kago gave Maimi the gun? o_o Interesting move. I hope Maimi will be fine when she goes out looking for information. Koharu doesn't look like someone who should be messed with. ._.

Anyway, happy to see you back yay! <3333 -huggles-

<333

XD That's a reference to me in some strange way, isn't it.

Well... it's good to have hope, right? XDD

-huggles back- ~<3

She watched as Maimi turned the gun over in her hands, an almost hesitant look starting to creep onto the gang leader’s face.

“…She needs some way of defending herself with where we’re sending her…”

eeeek, never would I have thought of Maimi dealing with guns   :shocked:  Koharu can't be that dangerous....could she? A sick and twisted Koha is always fun to see.  :twisted: lol.

XD Well, it doesn't look like she really knows how, gang leader or not.
>D

Woah... that pencil flying into the wall :w00t: And Reina sleeping through all that XD
This police station is filled with interesting characters, lolz, it would be crazy being held as a criminal there :lol

XD It probably wouldn't be so bad.

You updated!! And I commented really late OMG!! >w<

Okay...I'll um...edit this one tomorrow night...since now I kinda' have to sleep for my early classes..yeah..

-will be edited..FOR SURE!! >;O -

lolz~ I'm going on without you, my dear. :3
-sig is undah construction because it needs to be pimped out-

Offline FeverInducedMadness

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #346 on: September 19, 2007, 10:15:23 PM »
Um. Short update.
But it didn't really fit in with the next chapter, so I decided to let it stand alone.
Enjoy. XD

[Chapter Forty-Six -- Nightmare]

Smoke. Everywhere.

That was the first thing she was aware of when she was ripped from her dreams; the thick clouds burning the lining of her nose, mouth, throat, and even going so far as to smolder painfully in her lungs. Her eyes began to water as she coughed up the fumes, but any relief that might have come with fresh air was not to be found, as the room was completely saturated with the smog.

Desperately the girl rolled over out of her bed and onto the floor, where a slight drop in temperature met her and she found it possible once again to breathe. She waited like that for a moment, crouched down on all fours until her mind had a chance to clear.

And it was then that her other senses were put on full alert.

She could not see anything through the smoke, but she could feel waves of heat coming from somewhere nearby, and her ears were assaulted with the loud roar and crackle of what sounded like…

Flames. Fire… My house… my house is on fire?!

Her heart began to beat rapidly at that conclusion, and she felt herself going into a bit of a panic. Why weren’t the alarms going off? Why hadn’t her parents come to wake her?

The girl got down flat on her stomach and began to crawl soldier-style towards where the air felt coolest, in the hope that it was the door to the hallway and her escape. But when she bumped into a wall and felt around blindly for a while, she could almost feel the blood draining from her face in despair.

Cautiously she turned around, and as much as her mind screamed at her to go back, she began to head in the opposite direction—towards the heat. The air was getting so hot as she went on that it nearly made her sick to breathe it, but when she ran up along a surface the second time, she was sure that she had found the door. Instinctively, she pulled her shirt collar up to cover her nose and mouth and then she rose to her feet, groping around for the handle.

She let out a shriek as the overheated metal burned her flesh, but a few seconds later she had determined that painful or not, she was going to have to try getting out this way.

There were no windows in the girl’s room, and the sense of self-preservation would not allow her to merely sit down and burn or suffocate to death. And so, she gritted her teeth hard as she moved forward to take the handle again, bracing herself for the searing pain that was to come.

Only this time, she really screamed.

The wall of heat hit her like a bullet train, and the girl immediately dropped to the ground again, letting out the stale air that she had been holding in all that time. On the upside, she could see again, because the smoke in the hallway had collected at the ceiling.

On the downside… she was terrified by what she saw.

Great orange and yellow flames seemed to be engulfing nearly every surface of her home, and they were licking out at her, beckoning her towards them. For a moment, she was paralyzed with fear. One false move and she would never make it out alive.

Then a loud cracking sound alerted her to a wooden beam overhead, and she had just enough time to snap out of it and roll to the side as it slammed into the floor where she had just been.

There was no choice. It was move or die.

She crawled forward at a steady pace, careful to give quite a bit of room to the fire, and attentive to any more noises that could possibly save her from being crushed. But after a while, her mind was no longer on her peril, but on her parents.

So focused on escaping and finding them was she, that she let out a startled yelp when her nose bumped into something hard and unyielding.

It was a shoe. A shoe that was on the foot of a stranger that should not have been in her house.

She backed up quickly, falling hard onto her rear in the process. But her clumsiness didn’t seem to affect the stranger much at all. In fact, the girl was not entirely sure that the figure even realized her presence there.

She was dressed in all black, and she had hair that matched the color of her clothing, bound in a ponytail. But they were nothing in comparison to her eyes, which were so dark that they made what she was wearing seem almost faded. There was a sinister glint there, some bloodthirsty evil that caused a chill to run through the girl’s body.

But the most frightening part was that the figure was covered in blood. Blood that was definitely not her own.

And then the figure’s eyes finally focused on the girl, as if she was seeing the other for the first time. The girl could not move, and her breathing stopped, as if she sensed that her parents were dead, and this was the person responsible. Not only that, but she felt that her own death was near…

“Airin~”

A sing-song voice, one that was wildly out of place, pierced the girl’s hearing, and for a second she could think again… if only to process what was being said.

“The thing about burning houses, my dear one, is that you must escape them before they collapse on you, otherwise you won’t be around to do it again. If you’ve done your job, it’s time to leave.”

The figure seemed to hesitate for a moment, but she turned her head to call back to the voice that had spoken.

“There’s a girl here… Their kid.”

“Oh? Then just make sure she can’t get out. We haven’t any time to deal with her, the firemen are beginning to arrive.”

“…Of course.”

The last thing the girl was aware of was a sharp pain in her forehead as something hard connected with her skull.

------------

In the Loft, Chinami awoke with a frightened scream.
-sig is undah construction because it needs to be pimped out-

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
  • Currently Attending Reina's "Erebeta Pati"
« Reply #347 on: September 19, 2007, 11:03:21 PM »
Dibs! :D

WAAAA~ HOUSE FIRE! For a second, I thought it was Momo's house, but then at the end, I went "WAAAAAAAA~ CHINAMI CHAN!" and nearly cried at the end ;_; You really know how to tear heart strings in half, and I hate you for it D<. And you know how to pull off the trainwreck effect too, ya know? Like it's so sad you want to stop reading, but you just can't look away xD. And DAMN YOU KOHA D< FREAKING LIGHTING CHINAMI'S HOUSE ON FIRE >.< And Airin! Stop taking the damn abuse, go join the light side...we have cookies :D! But oooh damn...seems like Chinami is gonna hurt her leg again ;_; I mean, she's gonna have to jump out the window...OR IS IT A NIGHTMARE? DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNN *ominous jaws music* Rawr xD
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 11:14:03 PM by Tanachan »
If Helen Keller falls in the woods and no one is around, does she make a sound?

Official [WHOA] member, master and commander of the Tokunaga Chinami branch.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #348 on: September 20, 2007, 02:33:59 AM »
Airin~”

A sing-song voice, one that was wildly out of place, pierced the girl’s hearing, and for a second she could think again… if only to process what was being said.

“The thing about burning houses, my dear one, is that you must escape them before they collapse on you, otherwise you won’t be around to do it again. If you’ve done your job, it’s time to leave.”

*gasp* Koharu?... :twisted: :twisted:  hehehe
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #349 on: September 20, 2007, 10:23:43 AM »
GRRR  FIRE BAD!! BAAAAD!

.  .  .  .  .

Oh no not Chinami!

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: ::Heartbeat Tempo:: [Chapter Forty-Six -- Nightmare]
« Reply #350 on: April 28, 2008, 04:38:30 AM »
Man this was a really great story. It's too bad it doesn't seem like it's going to be updated. Well I hope that someone comes back and finishes this one day. Hey it's always nice to dream.

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • C-ute, Berryz and Morning Musume forever
« Reply #351 on: April 29, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
Please Update this story.... :grin: :grin:

i really like it..... :D

Offline JuulChii

• MaaMomo and MomoChi shipper
« Reply #352 on: February 25, 2015, 08:07:37 PM »
I've read this fic by recommendation of a friend, knowing it wasn't finished. I read it anyway (caus I heard my OTP was in it ) and I'm glad I did.
I love this AU universe with all the characters. We got to know everyone's backstory and how the girls feel. You can say that some chapters are fillers but they are important parts of the character development!
It's sad to know I have to leave this fantasy world abruptly,  without knowing how it ends. But I enjoyed this Berryz fic a lot.
In less than a week this amazing group will separate. Will mis them a lot, but I'm glad that in their years we writers left some of our imagination with them :)
Hopefully one day you'll come back to this ^^ Got my support!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - I Know the Feeling