JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - ourselves

Author Topic: Solus (Chapter 15.5 - 01/04)  (Read 45480 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Solus
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 12:22:40 AM »
*AIKA FLASHBACK*
Oh crap, something tells me that's not going to end well...and that it's going to (at least partially) explain why Reina's so standoffish towards the others. :(

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Solus (Chapter 4)
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 06:32:52 PM »
Chapter 4

Summer is finally here. Somewhere in Tokyo, a certain turtle fainted in the middle of the desert deprived of energy and forsaken by all….

“Eri, don’t sleep on the dancing floor” Risa nagged. She swears this girl can sleep in odd places and time.

“Aww but it’s so hot. Thank God for the aircon” Eri yawns.

“You can be such a kid sometimes Eri,” Risa laughs.

Eri blushed. Nobody else in the room. Chance!

“Gaki-san, do you have any pla…”

“Eri! Did I leave my hair band here?” Eri saw her best friend’s running anxiously into the room.

Damn.

~~~

“What are your plans for Friday’s fireworks?” Michishige Sayumi asks the sulking girl next to her.

No answer. Eri has been ignoring her ever since they left the dance room all the way to Sayu’s house. Even right now, Eri seems to be more interested in the mindless TV commercials than talking about the festival this Friday. Feeling thirsty, Eri got up and walks to the kitchen.

“Will you talk to me already?” Sayu wails.

“…”

“Okay okay I’m sorry for whatever I did. Just don’t leave me talking to myself”

“Harumphishu”

“Calling earth to Eri” the bunny was starting to die of exasperation when an idea came to her mind.

“Don’t you want to go out with Niigaki Risa? I can set it up for you” Sayu tempted the turtle.

Eri suddenly stopped and jumped back onto the couch.

“Really?”

“She’ll come, don’t worry. I’m more interested in a certain kitty”

“What! Reina?!!”

“She’s cute, isn’t she? Just my type. It’s decided then. So you will ask Reina and I’ll invite Gaki-san.”

“But I’m not close to Reina…besides I have a feeling she’s gonna say no”

“ Great! I’ll leave it to you then”

Eri sighed. This is going to be an uphill task.

~~~

Screeching tyres. Car brakes being slammed down. Screams. Fire. Blood. Silence.

Reina woke up covered in her own sweat and tears. Night after night the same dreams kept haunting her. Feeling dehydrated, Reina dragged herself to the kitchen for a drink. She saw Eri enjoying some late night snacks at the dining table.

“Can’t sleep? Kinda hot isn’t it?” the turtle asked, noticing Reina’s drenched pyjamas.

“Yeah,” Reina’s usual one-word answer. Reina gulped down a glass of water before noticing what Eri was eating.

“Hey! That’s my chocolate pudding!” Reina screamed.

“I’m sorry, I’m just hungry. There’s no name on the pudding so I assume it doesn’t belong to anyone.” Unfortunately Eri’s usual charm doesn’t work on Reina.

“There are only two of us in the house! How could you just take what’s not yours?! And I was saving that for later!”

Reina’s yankii side seems to scare Eri. Even though Eri was used to Reina’s grouchy self, she’s never seen Reina this angry. And over a pudding too.

“I’m really sorry. Please don’t be mad at me ne?”

Seeing Eri was close to tears, Reina decided to back off and start making her way back to her room.

“Err Tanaka-san. Would you like to watch the fireworks this Friday?” Eri gave a hopeful look. “With everyone I mean.”

“I have work on Friday,” Reina mumbles before slamming her bedroom door.

Eri stared at the wooden door separating her and her date with Risa. She’ll get that date no matter what.

~~~

“Reina-chan, can you get me the novels from my table? The customers will be collecting them later” Abe Natsumi, or fondly known as Nacchi by her customers, called from the counter.

“Here they are. Why don’t I take over from you so that you can take a short break,” Reina noted that Nacchi had not taken her lunch.

A ringing bell at the door alert the two of a customer entering the shop.

“Welcome! Oh aren’t you Reina-chan’s friend Eri-chan?” Abe greets the newcomer.

“She’s not my friend,” Reina mumbled under her breathe.

“Abe-san good afternoon. Is it okay if I talk to Tanaka-san for a minute? It won’t take long,” a certain turtle smiled adorably.

“Sure take your time” Abe busied herself with her work.

Eri put a paper bag on Reina’s table. Reina saw Eri took out two chocolate puddings not unlike the one they were fighting over the previous night.

“I-I’m sorry about yesterday. I’m hoping that we could eat this together?” Eri held out the pudding for Reina.

“Forget it. It’s over anyway.” Reina took the pudding from Eri’s hand. She couldn’t possibly let Eri think she’s the petty one, can she.

“Tanaka-san, won’t you go for the fireworks? I’ll even buy you dinner if you do,” Eri gives Reina the most puppy-eyes look she could muster.

“Told you I have to work,” Reina’s glad to have a valid excuse.

“Sorry if I’m being rude for listening. Actually Reina-chan, we are closed on that day. Why don’t you go out with Eri-chan?” Nacchi winked at Eri.

“But I don’t like crowded places. I think I’ll just stay home” Reina declined.

“Oh come on. Fireworks are not fun at all if you’re watching by yourself” Eri reasoned. “Besides, Sayu won’t invite Risa if you won’t come” The last part barely audible.

Reina looked at Eri carefully, contemplating for a while, before replying, “Okay but you owe me one”

Eri’s face lit up and she hugged Reina.

“Hey get off me!” Reina began to regret her decision and wonder what she has gotten herself into.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 05:09:10 AM »
Seeing her spaz about the pudding made me think, Reina hasn't spoken to anyone at all (even before moving to Tokyo) about what happened, has she? She's kept it all pent up inside her all this time? She hasn't properly grieved/dealt with it, has she? :O

It's not emotionally healthy for her to keep this all to herself. If she's not careful, she'll be doing worse than just spazzing over pudding.

Offline Hotaru

• stan dreamcatcher
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SNH48
    • deukkae
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 05:25:24 AM »
^You're so good at commenting. XD

I agree with everything JFC is saying.

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 09:59:49 PM »
This is definitely Tanakame isn't it? With some Takagaki thrown in to help it along? I really hope that Reina can open up to Eri soon.

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Solus (Chapter 5)
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 09:40:18 AM »
@JFC & Ruru - Hmm I love to read JFC's comments too  :lol:
@rndmnwierd - Maybe, Maybe not  :lol:

Since I'm skipping class today I thought of writing a little of Reina's past from Reina's POV. Hope this story doesn't get too confusing  :P

~~~

Chapter 5

I walked slowly to my daddy’s room. It’s strange for daddy to be home in the afternoon on a working day. Must be something serious.

“You call for me?”

“I got a call from your school. I was told your grades are slipping. And you've caused quite a few chaos in school”

“It’s not my fault. The teachers hate me”

“Reina, you know you are the next heir to our family’s business. I need you to perform your best in everything. That’s why I’m getting you your private guardian. You are to learn from her”

“Yes daddy. I promise to try harder.”

“That’s my princess.”

I hugged the man that I respect and love the most. My daddy would have given me even the world if I ask for it, so it’s only right I listen to him right?

~~~

“Private tutor? That’s sucks. Means more studying after school,” Aika commented after I told her about the conversation with my dad.

“Not that I have a choice. I’m not smart like you okay”

“I wonder how this tutor of yours look like. Maybe an stiffed-up lady in a stiffed-up dress with hair in a tight bun~”

“Or a geeky old man with thick glasses”

I finished Aika’s sentence before laughing. Whoever they are, I'll show them who’s the boss.

~~~

“You’re late”

What the heck?! This girl invited herself into my room and have the cheek to tell me off. Nobody tells Tanaka Reina off!

“Who in the world are you and how dare you barge into my room!”

“I’m in charge of you from now on. You can me Miki-sama”

Ehhhhhh?!

~~~

I hate her. She acts like little Ms Know-it-all and orders me around. The best part? My daddy’s order to listen to her at all time. Not only that. She will grope my butt at every chance she gets. I tell you, this girl is dangerous!

But as time goes by and as I get to know her better, I find myself attracted to her. Beneath the brusque behavior, she is actually kind, loving and funny, though she tries her best to act indifferent.

“Ne Aika, will you listen to me?”

“What is it Princess”

“Why do I feel weird? When I’m with her I feel strange and I can’t calm down. It’s painful and yet it feels good. My heart beats faster and slower at the same time. What is this feeling?”

I saw Aika turn her head away. She would know the answer right? Since Aika’s so smart.

“Have you told this to Miki?”

“No. I’m kinda…embarrassed”

“Tell her. You’ll be glad you do”

I hugged Aika. She always has all the answers. But that’s the first time I saw tears in Aika’s eyes though I never knew why.

Pulling all courage together, I confessed my feelings to Miki. When I said the three letters to her, she just laughed and asked me if I’m serious. Of course I am! Next thing I knew she was kissing me. It was as if time stood still for us as I felt your soft lips against mine.

~~~

“Hmm you smell nice” I heard a familiar voice whispering in ear.

I was busy getting ready when I felt a pair of arms enveloping my waist. Blushing, I turn to see Miki in her white kimono. She looked stunning and I couldn’t take my eyes of her.

“Okay break it up you two lovebirds. Come on say cheese!” Aika laughed and took photo of both of us. Of course, both of us just have to give our cutest pose showing off our kimonos.

We had fun at the summer festival. Right under the colours in the sky, you held me close and told me that you love me for the first time. I thought that it would be great if these fireworks last forever.

Never knew that it would be our first and last summer together.

~~~

I gazed at the photo in my hand. The one we took on the day of the fireworks.

Fujimoto Miki. My first love.

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 10:46:11 AM »
MIKI?! ... whoa unexpected yet again...

So I take it Aika liked Reina too huh? Well then what does Eri and Miki have in common that is making Reina pull away from her? or is Reina just traumatized by being close to people in general?

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »
Hmm, I thought that Aika and Reina would get together. I guess I was half right. So, Miki dies and Aika dies too? Oh, and Reina's going to see fireworks! I wonder what'll happen...

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 01:07:34 AM »
Huh...MikiReina.

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!?!? MIKIREINA??!?!?
:stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

Offline Hotaru

• stan dreamcatcher
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SNH48
    • deukkae
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 04:14:24 AM »
^Same as him....

OH MY GOD I THOUGHT IT WAS AIKA....

Really nice plot twist right there. :D

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »
*LOL* Okay the reactions are totally unexpected  :lol:

I have the next chapters in my mind but since I'm bad with words, it will take some time to put it into story. I'll also try to explain more of Reina's past in the next few chapters so that it doesn't get confusing. Don't wanna turn you guys off  XD

Btw, I paired Miki with Reina cause I saw a pic of the two with their kimonos on H!O. I just thought they looked cute together  :wub:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 04:07:06 PM by badsaints »

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Solus (Chapter 6 Part 1 - The Festival)
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »
OMG I finally complete this chapter! :cow: Since it's quite a long chapter I had to divide it into two parts. Here it goes :D

Chapter 6 (Part 1)

“Takahashi-san, I made these cookies for you,” an excited Chinese girl presented a small decorated bag to Ai. Behind her, a small group of girls cheer the girl on.

“Oh thank you LinLin,”Ai smiled at the girl. “How are you coping with the school?”

“I’m adjusting very well, thanks to you Takahashi-san” LinLin blushed.

“Please don’t hesitate to come to me if you need anything”

Sitting nearby, Risa felt her vein threatening pop from the scene in front her. How dare those girls make a pass at her Ai-chan! Sure; they are not going out yet. But it’s only a matter of time before one of them starts confessing to the other, right?

“What’s with the frown?” Risa let out her Reaction Queen scream as she was startled by Ai’s face just inches from hers.

“Mou Ai-chan. Don’t give me fright,” Risa said embarrassedly.

Still laughing, Ai pulled Risa’s cheek and grinned, “Sorry sorry, your expression was just too priceless.”

Risa blushed to Ai’s comment. Should she confess now? Does Ai feel the same way for her?

“Risa will you give this to the Professor?” Ai yawned.

“Ai-chan, did you pull an all-nighter again?”

Ai nodded.

“Thought I told you not to push yourself too hard. Did you take your meals…”

“Risa~ you are acting like my mum again.”

The two girls laughed. Their eyes caught each other and Risa felt herself drawn to Ai’s eyes. Before long, Risa saw Ai’s leaning in towards her, eyes closed, and then…

“Risa! Are you here?” Ai and Risa heard Sayu wailing as she walked into the room.

“Sayu! Stop shouting,” Risa walked over to the troubled bunny.

“Risa you have got to be my Goddess of Love,” Sayu declared.

“Ehhh?!” Sayu heard both girls giving overrated reactions.

“Oh what were you thinking? Just come to the fireworks with me on Friday,” Sayu smiled sweetly. Ai looked at the two amused. Knowing Sayu well, Ai bet Sayu has something up her sleeve.

~~~

Reina tapped her foot impatiently whilst she waits for Eri to get ready. When she heard Eri’s door opening, she was about to tell Eri off when she saw how stunning Eri looked in her pink kimono. Reina just stood there speechless as she took in Eri’s beauty.

“Tanaka-san? Ano Tanaka-san?” Eri waved her hand in front of spaced-out Reina.

“About time. You really took your own sweet time in there,” Reina snapped out of her daze.

“Well I have to look good in front of Risa,” Eri smiled proudly, “I’ve decided, I’m going to confess to her today”

“Good for you. Now can we go already before I change my mind?”

The two girls reached the agreed meeting point and saw Ai, Risa and Sayumi already waiting for them. The train station was crowded with the other people fully decked in their yukatas and kimonos who have the same intention of enjoying the festival.

“Why are you two together?” Sayu eyed them suspiciously and asked.

Oh crap, they still don’t know we live together. Eri start to think of various excuses when Reina muttered something about Eri forcing Reina out of her house. Sayu seems to buy it as she nodded her head in approval and winked at Eri.

“Good job on getting the little kitty here” Sayu whispered in Eri’s ears before rushing to link arm with Reina.
~~~

The festival was more fun than Reina would care to admit. The food was delicious and the games were really fun. However, she just doesn’t understand why Sayumi seems stuck to her hips and would not leave her alone despite her objections. Risa and Ai soon got separated from the group as the place got more and more crowded. Reina could sense Eri was feeling down when Risa was no longer with the group. Eri’s mood perks up though when they came across a stall where they can catch some turtles. Reina watched in amusement as her housemate breaks the paper net one after another.

Reina hesitated for a bit before squatting next to a pouting Eri. “Let me get that for you”

“Oooh that one, that small one,” Eri points excitedly at a certain turtle. Her face lit up when Reina caught the turtle she was aiming for and she hugs Reina tightly.

“Can’t…breathe,” Reina gasps. Sayu quickly pulled Eri away from Reina.

“Oops sorry, Eri grinned as she looks at her fellow reptile adoringly, “Hello Eric”

“Eric? How do you know that’s a male?” Sayu asked.

“Because it looks like an Eric?” Eri answered as if that makes perfect sense.

The girls’ private moment, however, was rudely interrupted by a little girl who bumped into Reina. Eri and Sayu saw Reina’s smile changed to a pained look when the girl’s mother apologise to her. Returning the mother’s bow, Reina felt a stab in her heart as she saw the mother telling scolding the little girl,

“Miki, how many times did I tell you not to run off like that?”

The gloomy feeling was made worse as Reina saw flashes of memories from the previous festival taunting her as she hears Aika's and Miki’s voices playing in her head,

“Princess, it’s your favourite yakitori”
“Shut up!”
“Reina-chan, you’re so messy”
“Shut up!”
“Princess, that doggy toy is so cute”
“Shut up!”
“Reina-chan, hurry up, we’re gonna miss the fireworks”

“SHUT UP!”

Her sudden outburst shocked Sayu and Eri. Reina realised that she had spaced out and was unintentionally playing the past in her mind.

“Reina are you okay?” Eri asked concerned.

“Yeah, I just…need some fresh air” Reina excused herself and walked away. Sayu and Eri stared stunned as Reina’s small frame disappeared into the crowd.

“Gee~ and here I thought she is finally opening up to us” Sayu sighed.

~~~

Risa is pissed right now. Not only is she worried about the other three girls who are somewhere in this torrent of humans, the one girl she has a massive crush on is busy talking to another girl. Something about how the cookies taste like. She tried to force a smile when she saw Ai walking towards her.

“Is everything alright? You look like you’re ready to kill someone,” Ai asked as the two girls walked towards the park.

“Peachy. Why wouldn’t I be? After all, someone left me to flirt with another girl”

Ai laughed, “Risa, are you jealous?”

“Should I? It’s not like we are anything”

“Oh really? That’s just too bad,” Ai smirked, “Maybe I can do something about that”

Risa felt Ai caressing her cheeks with eyes full of love. Her eyes gazed longingly at Ai’s lips and she licked her suddenly dry lips. Taking this as an invitation, Ai closed the distance between them placed a soft kiss on Risa’s lips, which Risa gladly returned.  

“I love you Risa” Ai whispered.

Risa opened her mouth before instantly shutting it again. Feeling words will only diminish the feelings she held for a long time, Risa smiled widely and snuggled her face into the crook of Ai’s shoulder, the full moon shine its light as the two girls pledges their love for each other.

Unknown to them, another girl left the scene broken hearted.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:39:12 PM by badsaints »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Solus (Chapter 6 Part 1 - The Festival)
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2009, 10:48:35 PM »
Aww, horrible flashbacks and heartbreak. Just what I like at my festivals.  :P

Glad to see this update though, looking forward to more.

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2009, 05:46:43 AM »
Ouch.... poor Eri

Well that's how festivals are I guess, some hook up, some have their hearts broken... I just hope Reina goes to console Eri in the next part~ XD Oh wait..... or does Reina need the attention instead? o-o Then I hope Eri goes to cheer Reina up~ ... Ack they should both go cheer each other up!

Offline ayase909

• I'm A Tomo-Holic dechu!
  • Member+
  • miya-airi rabu-rabu
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2009, 07:15:12 PM »
woah!  :shock: as much as i like the two ahou, the famous GakiKame  :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: im so much in love with TaGaki   :luvluv2: :luvluv2: :luvluv2: not to mention i also like TanaKame  :shy1:

poor sayu!  :on lol: though i love the kissing devil itself!  :nya: :nya: :nya:

suguio author-san! haven't read any interesting fics lately!  :on GJ:

update soon, ne?!  :kneelbow:

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 06:18:32 PM »
Poor Eri   :cry:   but hmmm TakaGaki!  :w00t:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2009, 04:49:01 AM »
“Takahashi-san, I made these cookies for you,” an excited Chinese girl presented a small decorated bag to Ai. Behind her, a small group of girls cheer the girl on.

“Oh thank you LinLin,”Ai smiled at the girl. “How are you coping with the school?”

“I’m adjusting very well, thanks to you Takahashi-san” LinLin blushed.

“Please don’t hesitate to come to me if you need anything”

Sitting nearby, Risa felt her vein threatening pop from the scene in front her. How dare those girls make a pass at her Ai-chan! Sure; they are not going out yet. But it’s only a matter of time before one of them starts confessing to the other, right?
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...Linlin wubs Aichan!

Linlin = :luvluv2:
Aichan = :hee:
Risa = :grr:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Aichan was oblivious to this. ;D

The two girls laughed. Their eyes caught each other and Risa felt herself drawn to Ai’s eyes. Before long, Risa saw Ai’s leaning in towards her, eyes closed, and then…
:w00t:

“Risa! Are you here?” Ai and Risa heard Sayu wailing as she walked into the room.
:doh:

“Risa you have got to be my Goddess of Love,” Sayu declared.

“Ehhh?!” Sayu heard both girls giving overrated reactions.

“Oh what were you thinking? Just come to the fireworks with me on Friday,” Sayu smiled sweetly. Ai looked at the two amused. Knowing Sayu well, Ai bet Sayu has something up her sleeve.
Oh don't tell me...Sayu's going to try and make Reina jealous? This'll be fun to watch. :lol:

*TANAKAMEI CATCHING LITTLE KAMES*
Awwwww...even Eri failing is somehow cute. :oops:

*REINA FLASHBACK AND SPAZ-OUT*
Oshit! Really bad time for this to happen.
:OMG:

*TAKAGAKI MOMENT*
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!  :cow:

Unknown to them, another girl left the scene broken hearted.
Oh shit...Linlin. :O :( :cry:

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Solus (Chapter 6 Part 2 - The Festival)
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2009, 07:27:29 PM »
@rndmn - Ahh the reasons why we love festivals so much XD
@stefy - Thanks for the great idea! :lol:
@ayase - wow you actually made me blush :)
@kRisZ - Hmm life wouldn't be same without some TakaGaki :P
@JFC - Epic comment! Woohoo! :w00t:
Would have updated earlier if not for school. Who invented assignments anyway :angry: Anyway, presenting part 2...

Chapter 6 (Part 2)

Eri watched the scene before her. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she saw Ai kissed Risa. She walked dazedly to the nearest bench and sat down. She looked up to the night sky to stop the tears. The lively music from the festival did nothing to lift her spirit. Vision blurred, she sensed someone sitting next to her and offering her a handkerchief.

“Are you okay?” Eri could sense the sincerity in the voice.

“Go away”

“I’m sorry…” Reina apologise but sat still nonetheless.

“I should say what’s in my mind right?” Eri sobbed. Reina could only nod silently seeing how broken hearted her housemate is. She had unintentionally chanced upon Risa and Ai confessing their love for each other. To make things worse, she saw Eri standing at the side and knew the girl currently in her arm had witnessed the confession as well.

“I like Risa. But Risa likes Ai-chan.” Eri sniffled, “Risa loves Ai. I’ve always knew that. But I can’t help liking Risa.”

Reina didn’t know how to console the girl next to her as she cried into Reina’s shoulder. Instead, she just pats Eri’s back. The girls sat in silence; no further words need to be said.

It took a while for the crushed turtle to calm down. Reina noticed Ai, Risa and Sayu walking towards them. Sayu, for one, seems to be sulking and this was aggravated by the suspicious position Reina and Eri are in right now. Ai and Risa, on the other hand, seems lost in their own little world.

Reina could see the sadness in Eri’s eyes as she watched Eri looking at the oblivious Ai and Risa. Unable to bear it any longer, Reina pulled Eri away from the group much to the surprise of the others and even herself.

“Come with me.” Reina gripped Eri’s hands into her own and ran. The two girls snaked their way through the crowd. Soon, the hustle of the festival dimmed as the girls walked into a familiar ground.

“Tanaka-san, where are we going?” Eri asked, gasping for air. Reina ignored Eri’s question and lead her to the rooftop of a building at the back of the university.

“We’re here!” Reina announced proudly.

“Wow this view is spectacular. How did you find this place?”

“I normally come here whenever I need to be alone or time to think. Since not many people use this building, nobody would come up here except me”

Eri takes in the sight of the town in front of her. The night lights look like little fireflies illuminating the town. She can understand why Reina chose this place. It offers solitary in the midst of the everyday chaos that they live through.

Reina took this opportunity to study Eri. There is something about this girl that unsettles her. However, she couldn’t point at the exact reason. Being around Eri makes her happy yet sad at the same time. For a second there she thought she saw Miki standing there instead of Eri. Reina quickly shook her head and blinked. She reprimands herself for being silly.

The sudden screeched in the sky announced the start of the pyrotechnic display of colourful lights and loud noise. Reina could hear faint shouts from the excited town.

“Beautiful wasn’t it? Fireworks will disappear immediately. Even if you forget the shape and colour of the fireworks, the joy it brings and the faces of your ones next to you will be etched in your memory forever. Just like our relationship” Reina remembered Miki’s words one year before. It seems like it was just yesterday.

“You’re right Miki. Just like our relationship” Reina sighed.

“I’ve decided. I will give up on Risa so that they will be happy together” Eri said with determination, “From now on, I will look out for her as her good friend”

“Are you sure?” Reina turned to Eri.

“She’s happier with Ai. That’s good enough for me,” Eri gave a sad smile, “Thank you Reina”

“For what?”

“For being here. It means a lot to me.”

“I didn’t do anything” Reina hoped the occasional lights from the night sky do not expose her blush.

The two girls continued to enjoy the fireworks without saying any further words.

Reina finally broke the silence and offered her hand, “Come on, Eric needs a partner, don’t he”

The two girls started to make their way back to the festival, back where their friends are.

~~~

Eri had just finished her bath and was drying her hair when she heard the door bell. She wondered who it could be this late at night. Maybe Reina has forgotten her keys when she left for the konbini. Eri opened to the door and came face-to-face with a short-haired girl.

“Umm I think I got the wrong house. Sorry” The girl apologise and started to leave.

“It’s okay” Eri was about to close the door when the girl turned to face her again,

“Excuse me, do you know where is the Tanaka residence?” The stranger presented a handwritten address to Eri.

“You are?” Eri asked, curious about the smaller-built girl.

“I’m Mitsui Aika…”
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:34:06 PM by badsaints »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Solus (Chapter 6 Part 2 - 13/09)
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2009, 04:47:47 AM »
Aww, poor Eri, methinks her resolve will be strengthened with the help of a little kitty. But oh shit! Aika's here!

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
Re: Solus (Chapter 6 Part 2 - 13/09)
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2009, 05:04:32 AM »
Hi. It's been so long since I've been here. I'm just waiting for my laundry to finish when I saw your posted story. Before I realize it, I've read all chapter. It's a very good story. You know when to cut your chapter. It makes us readers ask for more. I guest Eri still got the charm for me.  :D :D.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - ourselves