JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Karen - Lorraine

Author Topic: Be Like Jabronisaur Day V (July 16, 2014)  (Read 12225 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Be Like Jabronisaur Day V (July 16, 2014)
« on: July 16, 2014, 02:04:04 PM »
Be Like Jabronisaur Day V (July 16, 2014)
~Good Deeds, Spreading Love, Be Positive~

It is hard to imagine five years has gone by since Tim "Jabronisaur" Marks aka Jabby has left this planet to look over us every day. Let us reflect upon this day and do that good deed. Whether it is donating to the local charity, thanking your bus driver, or showing a new member at JPHiP the way. Jab lives on forever in our hearts. This what we call Be Like Jabronisaur Day spreading love and POSITIVITY~ the JPHiP Way - the way Jab showed us in real life and online at JPHiP.com

See 2010 thread.
See 2011 thread.
See 2012 thread.
See 2013 thread.

For those new to the community, check out his vast history: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?board=151.0

We lost Jabronisaur on July 16, 2009 - right after our successful meet up at Anime Expo, where JPHiP pimped like no other, gathering 30+ in a room at a time, meeting dozens more along the way. At the forefront, was Jabronisaur whom as a member of the Crack Staff, broke down barriers and mingled with fans from all over the world and net - making them feel like family. He exemplified what it was to be a HiPster, and made us so proud he was just one of our homies.

WHAT IT IS Start July 16, 2014, throughout the week let us look back at THE MAN! THE LIFE! What memories we have left, from Anime Expo 2009 and throughout the forum and radio.

Post in this thread on how you BE LIKE JAB, share your personal memories about Jab, if you just want to know who he is and what he meant to JPH!P. How we can all be better HiPstaz LiKE JAB!

on our facebook: http://facebook.com/JPHiP on twitter @JPHiP #Jabronisaur

Representing HARDCORE GEEK from the start and PROUD of it! He showed he could be whatever he wanted to be, fanboy what he wanted and not be judged. (thx tama for the find, he offered this pic when we did a "Baby Blend" thread)

To me. Being this close knit, we take the losses of such friends like Jab, ChrNo, Fushi, and marimari that much harder. Let this be a constant reminder, that you should never hold back to the people you really do love. Let them know, while they're living about your respect and approach to them. And this means, no matter how busy you get in school and work, HiPstaz gotta reach out to one another. I'm doing my damndest with this FIVE year anniversary of our awesome at AX 2009 and Sakura Con, we will form like Voltron and have many more WORLD TOURS to COME!

We at :hipheart: are truly honoured to be in contact with his family and friends and hear their stories to further prove we are truly blessed to have known such an awesome guy.

Our goal is to have the spirit of Jabronisaur live on forever with every good deed we do, to carry on what Jab built here at JPHiP, a community that is positive and caring every single day. Sometimes the smallest act of kindness can make the biggest difference.

A part of Jabby's childhood has been imortalized by his father, George in the book "Spirit Dancer"

Quote from: Jab's Father
Spirit Dancer is based on a role playing game I wrote when my three sons were teenagers. It was titled “Castle of the Kren Lord,” and we played it for hours on weekends. My youngest son, Timothy, and I had often talked about converting this game to a story or graphic novel, but as things go, we never did. When he died unexpectedly in 2009 I decided to write the book and dedicate it to him.

Grab a copy, and read all about his RPG Roots!

TUNE IN TONIGHT!

At 8:30 PM EST JPHiP RADIO the next 12 hours will be dedicated to Jabronisaur's radio show Beware the JabberJocky! filled with Video Game and Anime OSTs and his brand of humour and softspoken DJing.

check out the thread: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=14904.0

ALWAYS, IN OUR HEARTS JABBY!! :hipsmile:

:hipheart:
One Love.

The JPH!P Crack Staff

Offline MurasakiNeko

• 今を生きる、今を楽しむ
  • Member+
Re: Be Like Jabronisaur Day V (July 16, 2014)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 05:14:05 AM »
Oh my, I haven't heard of Jab's passing until today. I know this is so late to find out about this, and it makes me sad that he's gone. I do remember chatting up with him on IRC and around the board in The Crack.
That video that was posted with Jabronisaur at the Mayfair struck me as I was at Anime Expo and staying the that very same hotel in 2009  :shocked: It was either top floor or 11th floor if my memory serves me.
I don't remember if it was that year, but I waved to someone that had a 'jph!p' shirt on. Whether it was for the MM or the 2010 AKB48 concert, I wish I would have met up with the JPH!P gang.

RIP Jabronisaur...

Here's the last PM we exchanged.

Shut Up. If I wanted to listen to an arsehole, I would have farted.
キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Karen - Lorraine