JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Get Ya`

Author Topic: (Band) UVERworld  (Read 7779 times)

Offline Arcadia Victis

• ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) UVERworld
« on: May 23, 2007, 02:14:54 AM »
Didn't see a thread for them, figured I'd start one.

From wikipedia:

UVERworld (ウーバーワールド, U-BA-WA-RUDO?) is a Japanese band known for their mixture of musical genres such as hard rock, rap, electronic, and beat-boxing. UVERchan, the band's mascot, is a fictional bear-bat like character, which appears on several of their covers.

The five-member band known as "UVERworld" first formed in 2003, and were known as "Sangoku Road." The band originally consisted of seven members, and released a demo CD, which ended up selling 3,000 copies. Unfortunately, one of the band members, a saxophonist, Seika, left the group. After his departure, Ace∞trigger renamed himself as TAKUYA∞ and the band renamed itself to "UVERworld."

According to an interview with the band there was another vocalist who left, however this vocalist hasn't yet been identified. Though it appears that they may have left some time before Seika did, as Seika is the only one of the two credited on the demo CD and pictured with very early live photos of the band pre-UVERworld.

2005 was the year that the band signed with the label gr8! records, which is under Sony Music Records. The band made their debut with the single "D-tecnoLife", which served as the 2nd opening theme song for the anime "BLEACH". After three months UVERworld's second single, "CHANCE!" was an opening theme for the PSP game Bleach: Heat the Soul 2 and the last single released on 2005.

On January 25, 2006 "just Melody", their third single, ended up at #17 on the Oricon charts. Three weeks later "UVERworld's" 1st album "Timeless" was released, breaking the top 10 at #5 and selling 60,000 copies. Seika made a brief return during this album, playing saxophone for track 5, Yasashisa no Shizuku. After a three month break, "UVERworld" released "Colors of the Heart" as the 3rd opening theme for "BLOOD+", an anime series based on the animated movie, "Blood: The Last Vampire". The single debuted at #3 and was the highest position a "UVERworld" single had ever reached at that point in time. Their 5th single, entitled "SHAMROCK", was released on August 2 and was used as the ending theme for the J-Drama Dance☆Drill, a show about a group of girls who aspire to become cheerleaders. UVERworld 6th Single was be released on November 15, 2006, entitled "Kimi No Suki na Uta", the song was used as the theme song to the TBS TV show Koi Suru Hanikami! or Honey Coming! from October until December. It was the first ballad released as an UVERworld single, and it reached number 2 on the Oricon charts (the highest place for an UVERworld single thus far) until it fell off of the charts three and a half weeks later. It sold around 70,000 copies according to the Oricon sales charts. February 21, 2007, UVERworld released a new album titled BUGRIGHT. It features UVERworld's latest singles that were released after Timeless, including their song for Death Note~The Last Name soundtrack. They have also came out with a new song called "Endscape" the new single will be released May 30, 2007

Some youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6PamOzYldGo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ADXj3wftL7U
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tMJeHn1rWdk
Rika <3

Offline uverkuu

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~I DO WHAT I WANT!~
Re: (Band) UVERworld
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 06:33:17 AM »
yea! a thread for UVERworld.
OMG! I have been waiting for this to happen for a while.
My #1 favorite song from UVERworld has got to be "Colors of the Heart". :farofflook:

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 11:21:31 PM »
i love their style of jpop/jrock.
My favorite songs of theirs are colors of the heart, Chance!, Zero no Kotae , Kimi no Suki na Uta, and d-technolife from Bleach, which was the first time i heard of them. but then again, it is their first single....
I especially love their Shamrock single,  everytime i hear it, i would sing along, trying to imagine myself singing it live...hehe.  even though i know no japanese nor do i understand the lyrics, never knew if there were translations...

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 07:08:45 PM »
new UVERworld album to kick off the new year with! check out some info: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=13931

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 10:16:03 PM »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bE2pwQJQUh4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bE2pwQJQUh4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

new single 'Koishikute' came out this past week.

here you go:

UVERworld - Koishikute

01. Koishikute
02. Kokorozashi
03. OVER THE STOIC

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline WingZero84

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 07:58:48 AM »
  Thank you for your file.

Offline Jeani

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 12:50:13 AM »
I like Uverworld *_*
I want buy a album...but which album is the best?
anyone can help? ;_;
it´s sad that they have no best of XD

Offline chaz9891

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 01:11:51 AM »
I like Uverworld *_*
I want buy a album...but which album is the best?
anyone can help? ;_;
it´s sad that they have no best of XD

My favourite is their 1st album - Timeless but their 2nd album is also very good

Offline Jeani

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 10:13:44 PM »
so Awakeve is not the best choice?

Offline nikid

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 07:15:23 PM »
yeah....I like AwakEVE, but I prefer the other ones......

Offline phantomshinigami

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 06:07:14 PM »
awakeve is quite good...
but i just can't forget D-Technolife!!!!
it rocks!!!!

Offline Takuya7

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 09:03:13 PM »
I love this Band so much. Takuya's voice is great

hmm~ do they have a ne songs? i am not updated on them anymore.

Offline chaz9891

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 12:27:24 PM »
[PV] UVERworld GOLD (1440x1080 MPEG2 SSTV HD).mpg
DOWNLOAD

Offline chaz9891

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 02:27:45 PM »
UVERworld does 3D music video
Wed, March 31, 2010 (2:55am EDT)
Sony Music Entertainment is now riding the 3D boom. The company has started producing Japan's first 3D music video, for a song titled "GOLD" by rock band UVERworld.

"GOLD" is being released as the band's 15th single on March 31. The music video, which mainly depicts the band performing, was shot over a two-day period in late March. Utilizing cutting-edge 3D techniques, "GOLD" is estimated to cost at least 10 million yen more than a typical video.

As a special promotion for UVERworld's upcoming album "LAST" (on sale April 14), Sony plans to hold a screening of the music video on April 17, with about 1,000 tickets expected to be given out by lottery to fans who purchase the album. Sony is also considering having the band's members in attendance at the event.
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-5968

Offline alex_revan

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 07:07:33 AM »
UVERworld’s vocalist TAKUYA∞ donates 10 million yen for earthquake victims

It’s been revealed that UVERworld’s vocalist TAKUYA∞ donated 10 million yen (approximately $121,285 USD) to the Japan Red Cross Society.  According to their agency, the donation was personally made by TAKUYA∞.

Below is the comment from the UVERworld members for victims.
We would like to express our hearty sympathy with everybody who has been affected by the Great Tohoku Kanto Earthquake.  We see sorrowful news on TV, and it’s very heartbreaking to think how hard it must be for the victims.  All the members of UVERworld will do our best on whatever we can do.  We’re supporting all the victims and people who have been helping them, and we hope that happy days will come as soon as possible.  Let’s meet again with smiles.”

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/86093/full/

Offline eilegz

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 06:13:10 AM »
somehow dont know why, but UVERworld latest single its not that good, maybe the changes of style or something but core pride its good at least

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Get Ya`