JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Wana

Author Topic: Merry Go Round - Chapter 23 (110615)  (Read 70308 times)

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Merry Go Round - Chapter 23 (110615)
« on: November 02, 2008, 06:54:55 PM »
I’m beginning to think that continuous fics like ‘Guardian Angel’ and ‘Glass Slipper’ should have been given their own threads. That would have reduced any confusion pertaining to which are one-shots and which aren’t. In view of the fact that it’s probably too late for the above mentioned stories, I’m starting this thread for the new fic I’m working on. I hope you readers like this :oops:

Merry Go Round

Chapter 1

“How was the movie?”

“I was reading the Japanese subtitles while listening to the English words.”

As usual, the answered she obtained was not in any way related to the question posed. Already expecting something like that to happen, the younger persisted.

“I meant in terms of the plot. Don’t you think it was really sweet?”

“I guess it was though I can’t really understand it.”

“USO!”

With eyebrows flying all over the place and a highly exaggerated expression, the one with brownish hair exclaimed.

“Won’t it be weird to fall in love with your best friend?”

Spinning around to face the young woman whom she had literally dragged out of her home to accompany her for the day, the elder motioned with her finger.

“It’s like saying WE fell in love. It’ll be strange.”

With that, she quickened her pace as she spotted something in a nearby shop window that caught her eye. In her haste, she failed to notice the hurt and disappointed expression that surfaced on her friend’s face.

Am I nothing more than a friend to you?

-----

“Ohayo!”

Breezing in through the door of their dressing room, the rarely early latest occupant of the room hollered, seemingly to be in a particularly excellent mood.

“What are you so happy about?”

Catching her gaze in the mirror, Niigaki Risa asked her long time radio show partner and team mate.

“Something good happened.”

“Uh huh.”

She smiled as she slipped the tube of mascara back into her make-up pouch. Then moving around in her seat to face the beaming girl, she rested her arms on the back of the chair before asking.

“Wanna tell me about it?”

“I thought you’ll never ask!”

Clearing her throat as if in preparation for an important speech, Kamei Eri began.

“I already told Sayumi last night and I’m telling you now as my best-est friends should be the first ones to know.”

“Go on.”

Risa didn’t know that the amused smile she had on this moment would soon vanish when she heard what Eri had to say.

“We are a couple now.”

Taking some time to process the words that left Eri’s mouth, Risa replayed them in her mind.

We are a couple now.
Does that mean Kame has a boyfriend?
Wouldn’t that jeopardize her career?
Should I say something and put a stop to it?
But in what capacity?
It was Kame’s personal life after all.

“Are you saying you have a boyfriend?”

The disbelief was evident in her voice but Risa couldn’t conceal her astonishment.   

“Not boyfriend silly, girlfriend. And you don’t have to worry about anyone finding out about this. Sayumi wouldn’t tell. I believe you would keep this a secret. Besides, my girlfriend is Ai-chan.”

-----

My girlfriend is Ai-chan.

These four words swirled continuously in Risa’s mind and try as she might, she couldn’t forget the look of joy on Eri’s face as she said those words. While she wanted very much to feel genuinely happy for her close friend, she realized it was an impossible task.

You said it’ll be weird to fall in love with your best friend.
Yet you agreed to be with Eri.
Did I lose my chance because I’m your best friend?
If that’s the reason then I wished I wasn’t.
I don’t want to… I hate… being just a best friend.

She didn’t know it but the diary sitting on the table before her had been torn apart to shreds, the ruined pieces of papers strewn all across the room. Crying heartbreakingly, Risa buried her face deep into her arms to minimize the sobbing noise. She didn’t want anyone in her family to discover her weeping.

There was a window in front of her desk and it opened out to the streets below and the buildings in the distance. On a clear day, the breathtaking sun set was mesmerizing and Risa loved to write in her diary as she sat in the seat and took in how beautiful everything was. Except that today the view was anything but spectacular. Everything was coated in a dull shade of grey and nothing held any meaning. Something departed from the world that day - Niigaki Risa’s radiant smile.

-----

@stefy: There is no obvious AiEri in this chapter yet but it’s only the first so….be patient  :P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:47:10 AM by lil_hamz »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Merry Go Round - Chapter 1 (11/03)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 07:02:24 PM »
Oh my god, AiEri. GOOD JOB!

-sits on sofa and waits for more- XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 07:09:53 PM »
Holy shizzle AiEri xDDDD GJ!!!

Jesus, I had the exact same reaction as Essy-chan, roffle xDDD.

Anywho...

Awww! Poor Gaki-san!! That really sucks, not dating the one you love just because your lover thinks it's weird to be in love with your best friend... To be honest, I do understand what Aichan's thinking. The transition from best friends to lovers is hardly there so it's not exactly... o_O

But holy shit! AiEri in a main story!? XD Looking forward to the rest, Hamminz~!

PS. Did Captain and Momo's Merry go Round have any influence on this? xD

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 07:33:04 PM »
awww...poor Gaki. she'll get wat she wants in the near future..XD

so its AiKame XD Ohh.. in the start..ofc it'll me TakaGaki aye?

cnt waaiit~ yay~ :]

Offline lonewind

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Yankee Love <3~
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 07:50:53 PM »
whoa! :( Gaki-chan...

AiKamei at the start makes this really interesting!! keep up the good work

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 08:01:06 PM »
“Won’t it be weird to fall in love with your best friend?”
“It’s like saying WE fell in love. It’ll be strange.”

Ouch!  Take that back Ai chan! XD

“Not boyfriend silly, girlfriend. And you don’t have to worry about anyone finding out about this. Sayumi wouldn’t tell. I believe you would keep this a secret. Besides, my girlfriend is Ai-chan.”

SayuE....I mean TakaKame?!  WOW!  Didn't see that coming at all!  that was a pleasant surprise!  I can't wait to see how this pairing turns out.  While Estrea is waiting on the sofa, I'm gonna stalk you from the bushes  :D

Offline meowz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 09:43:54 PM »
:lol: And i'll be staking out your backyard i guess

Well, AiEri certainly was unexpected. Looking forward to seeing how you're gonna make their relationship 'work'. They seem to be another one of those pairs that don't seem to click that way, well to me at least. Maybe its just cause its not often seen
But judging from your title, its gonna end up takagaki anyway right?  :P

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 10:38:06 PM »
I hope you readers like this :oops:
What are you thinking!? Of course we will. Because it's written by you and we love you!! :mon innocent:

Awww, Ai-chan is ruining the TakaGaki!!! :mon whine:
But I'll admit, I'm intrigued by this Ai/Eri. Very rare indeed. :mon cigar:

Something departed from the world that day - Niigaki Risa’s radiant smile.
Say it ain't so!!! :mon whimper: :mon cry:

I'm not seeing the "merry-ness"!!! :depressed: But I'll keep reading!! :lol:

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 11:24:15 PM »
#$&%^#)&*%?!?!?!? AI/ERI?! WHOA MY GOD YEEEEEESSSS. <3 It's a TakaGakiKame triangle-like thing!! *can't find the right words to use because she's just too damn happy* I haven't read a good AiEri (Or TakaGakiKame) for a while now, considering it's not too popular. Waaaaaaaaiiii~~ *spins around*

Dangit hammy, you just put me on an all time high. XD I can't wait to see how this story unfolds. Poor Gaki-san... T_T

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 04:02:33 AM »
weeee~ AiEri AiEri AiEri~!!

man you work fast lol.

-does cartwheels while waiting for next chapter-

Offline YumePouk

• Without a word you made me know love & Without a word love leaves me
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I just wanna be with you, that's all...
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 12:25:42 PM »
I'm new here and I find your story is really Great :D :heart: _ :heart:
and the pairing AiEi is so lovely^^  :mon lovelaff:
I'm a bit sad for Gaki-san  :gmon tears:
Can't wait to read what happen next >_< :p

Like I didn't hear it, like I couldn't hear it.... I shouldn't have heard your love in the first place
]

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 11:19:06 PM »
Ehhhh? WTF? *chokes on tea*

In the e-mail I sent you the other day, I said I couldn't envisage Ai x Eri.
I've read this, and I still can't accept it *sob sob* :cry:

Shall I keep reading to see what happens??? Of course I will, even if it upsets me. Partly because I know it's going to remind me of Shirow's 'super short sexy one shot'

...and I like the way you write :D

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 06:08:22 AM »
TAKAKAMEI?!?!?!
:mon spit:

Risa = :gmon tears:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 01:21:30 PM »
Nooo, what hope do I have when even Hammy-sama can't remain faithful to the TakaGaki  :gyaaah:
I'm don't usually feel the Ai/Eri much (sometimes I do) either so hopefully (I think) you can change that for me ;) But knowing you Gaki can't stay depressed for too long, will it mean you'll get your Gaki/Shige or will TakaGaki prevail in the end? And which do I even want :O?

From the get go the writer means I'm interested in the fic, but then you add all the cool people so I'm even more intrigued... Don't you dare leave us hanging though, you've done that enough with 'Please Take Care of My Club', 'Guardian Angel' & 'Glass Slipper' so I don't think you can really pick on Essy about slow updating missy  :gmon hot:

:gmon heartu:

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 09:54:42 AM »
Chapter 2

Like clockwork, Risa gathered her belongings and stuffed them into her bag absentmindedly. She didn’t bother to fold her clothes in a neat pile or separate her cosmetics into their respective pouches. She was like a robot, only talking and giving a reaction when spoken to.

“Is there something wrong with Niigaki-san?”

Observing Risa’s movements as she stood at her locker, fifteen year old Mittsui Aika whispered to the senior who shared the same dresser as her.

“Who? Niigaki-san?”

Taking her concentration away from what she was currently doing, Kusumi Koharu stole an obvious glance at her sub-leader before going back to removing the glittering clips in her hair.

“She’s probably tired. She was really giving her all during the concert earlier.”

Not agreeing with Koharu’s explanation, Aika shifted her attention back to Risa.

Something must have happened.
Niigaki-san seems depressed about something.
She was giving her all just now.
Maybe a little too much, like she wants to forget something by channeling all her energy into performing.

“Sayu you have a fever!”

The anxious voice of Eri brought Aika out of her reverie and she turned her head to the source of the commotion.

“I’m fine. Nothing an aspirin wouldn’t fix.”

Pulling her arm away from Eri’s hands, Sayumi clearly wanted to reduce the body contact between them.

“You need to see a doctor…but I have a date with Ai-chan… ”

“I’m really okay. Ai-chan is already at the door. Don’t keep her waiting.”

Pushing her in the direction of the exit, Sayumi shooed her best friend out determinedly even though Eri kept giving her worried looks.

It isn’t just Niigaki-san. Michishige-san seems troubled by something as well.

The relationship between Aika and Sayumi had increased tremendously after they played fairies in the Cinderella musical together and Aika could now tell easily if something was different about her. Aika had always liked Risa even before she entered Morning Musume and with her newfound affinity with Sayumi, she found herself fretting over her seniors. However, she didn’t know how she could help or what she could do. She was after all just a Hachiki member and still a child.

-----

After arriving home, Sayumi felt too exhausted to do anything. With what little strength she had remained, she made her way rather wobbly to her bedroom. The house was empty except for herself as both her mother and sister had gone home to Yamaguchi to visit their father. Alone in the home, there was no one she could rely on in her current state. It occurred to her that she could call Eri if her illness became too much for her to bear. But the thought of Eri being with Ai made it difficult to breathe. Hot tears rolled down endlessly as the image of them having a leisurely meal at a nice restaurant appeared in her mind.

The person who should be dining with Eri should be me, ME!!

Using her arm to cover her eyes to block out the illumination shining from the light on her room ceiling, Sayumi fell into a restless sleep.   

When her eyes reopened, her lips felt chapped and her throat dry. Deciding to get a drink of water from the kitchen, she tried to sit up only to fall back weakly onto the bed.

Why am I so useless? I can’t even do anything right. No wonder Eri doesn’t like me.

Leaning heavily against the wall and furniture, Sayumi slowly made her way outside and into the kitchen. With trembling hands, she tilted the water jug and filled a glass half full with water. After taking a few sips from the glassware, she proceeded to return to her room to rest further when whiteness overtook her vision and she swayed precariously and her legs gave way almost immediately after. The glass tumbler shattered into multiple pieces and lay scattered around the area. Reaching for the nearest piece just a short distance away, Sayumi picked it up with shaking hands and within that moment, contemplated slicing it across her wrist.

The insistent banging on her door prevented her from turning that thought into action and she gazed feebly up at it. In the next few seconds, the wooden structure burst open and a very nervous looking Risa barged in. Seeing the piece of glass in her hand, Risa grabbed at it and held it away from Sayumi’s outstretched arms. Throwing it aside, she lifted Sayumi by wrapping her arms around the taller girl’s torso and helped her back onto the bed. Surprisingly, the process went by rather smoothly even though Risa was considerably shorter.

After laying her carefully on the bed, Risa went to the bathroom and came back carrying a small tub and cotton hand towel. Rinsing the cloth inside the basin, she wringed it till it was damp and then placed it on Sayumi’s forehead. The cool sensation was incredibly comfortable on her feverish skin and Sayumi let out a soft sigh without realizing it. Once again she slipped into a dreamless sleep. Only this time, she had someone by her side.   

-----

I apologize for this chapter which was anything but good. But lil Hammy ain't feeling too good mentally and physically. I wrote this in a really short while to take my mind away from things. I promise to reply to comments soon. I love reading them all :heart: It makes me really happy that you readers like this story :wub:

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
Re: Merry Go Round - Chapter 2 (11/07)
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 10:55:10 AM »
aww poor Hammy *huggle* *huggle* I hope you feel better soon~

okay, now that I've hugged you, it's time to yell at you XD 
sucks in some air and yells out "HAMmy Saaan!  stop trying to kill our beloved idols!"  :scolding:

lol...okay that might be a little much.   I think I'll have to throw in another hug for that one XD  Plus I'm totally lying with my demand (that's like asking you to stop writing such awesome stories)

now on with the story commenting.  I found the Aika part a little weird but that's probably because people hardly write about her (plus I was a little worried she had a thing for Gaki...that would weird me out cause she's like the baby of the group to me)  but then the focus shifting to Sayu and that made me go eek!

Sayu distancing herself from Eri.  That's heartbreaking to me *pouts*  I hope Eri sent Risa to check on Sayu so I can forgive Eri for going on the date with Ai chan.   Even though I want to cheer for TakaKame since I'm cheering for Estrea's AiShige...I can't help but feel that Eri's being unfaithful even though she so isn't XD  and do I sense a possible GakiShige?  If so that would be really different.  I like how everyone is mixing it up, it's all very fresh and intriguing. 

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 05:12:53 PM »
ha AiEri?! My reaction is the same as everyone else lol but i like it though I want to see how it turns out. Poor Risa and Sayu I like this fic. I want to see what you'll do next :D  I'm already hooked to it.

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 05:20:21 PM »
Uwahh~

I'm still struggling with the Ai x Eri pairing, dunno why. Maybe because it took me quite a while to get in to Ai x Risa (never used to like Ai), and now I'm in so deep with them. Risa x Sayumi? I'm not saying anything......

I hope you get well / feel better soon :heart:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 05:27:57 PM »
Oi Hammy, quit making your characters emo just cos you're feeling emo! Lol.

I'm liking the shift to Aika perspective in the first part though, she's observant enough to notice these things, and it's always good to have a 3rd person commenting on the events, just to give a different view. Nice job. ;)

GakiShige huh? Comfort pairing cos they both got rejected. Why does that feel like what Sonata-san wrote in that one story --- you know which one. :P But will it go back to KameShige and TakaGaki in the end? Will you revert to your usual habits...or fall to the dark side of wild experimentation? Do it! Do it now! XD

Seriously though, stop torturing Gaki. What kind of a fan are you. Haha. Actually, I'm not much better so I'll stop now. XD Write more when you can, kay?

Can't believe I actually commented...lol.

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 12:57:53 AM »
Oh no, Sayu too?! T____T Eri, what in the world have you done?! I love you and all, but you tend to cause quite a few problems...  :doh:

I'm still interested in seeing AiEri...considering I can actually stomach that. xD I can stomach almost every Eri pairing. :lol: Get better soon. <3

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Wana