JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - THE Manpower

Author Topic: Merry Go Round - Chapter 23 (110615)  (Read 69898 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Merry Go Round - Chapter 3 (11/28)
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2008, 04:06:12 AM »
Chapter 3
"What would you like to eat Ai-chan? I'll cook it for you."

Smiling sweetly as she submerged a piece of meat into the boiling water, Eri tilted her head and beamed expectantly at her new girlfriend. Her action was undoubtedly adorable and the simple act brought a smile onto Ai's face. This was the exact reason why she had agreed so readily to be with Eri.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...can't help but wonder here. Did she really agree to be with Eri because of Eri, or might she have just seen Eri (consciously or subconsciously) as a way out to avoid something/someone else? :?

*TAKAKAMEI @ SHABUSHABU JOINT*
Okay, the teasing Eri bit was cute (especially Eri's whining/pouting), the chasing Eri around was funny, and the rest...well....:drool:

“Am I dreaming? Gaki-san’s at my house?”

“Try pinching and see.”

Going to sit down on the bed next to Sayumi, she glared hard at her ebony haired kouhai.

“OW!!”

Clasping her cheek with both her hands, Risa slapped at the fingers which were squeezing at the flesh on her face.

“I meant pinch yourself, NOT ME!!”
Funny, but MAJOR continuity error.  Risa doesn't feel pain when her cheeks are pinched (as was established on the 2008.02.23 episode of HM@ ;D).

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6402396eZzbYGGA

Returning her angry stares with a sheepish grin, Sayumi replied cheekily.

“You claim you didn’t feel pain when others pinched your cheeks. So I thought why not.”

“Damn you Michishige.”
Oh BURN! XD
Maybe it doesn't hurt if Risa's ready for/expecting it. :P

“Since you’re well enough to bully your sub-leader, I presume you’re fine. I’m leaving.”

Spinning around to pick up her cell phone and wallet from the dresser, Risa was about to exit the room when Sayumi called her back.

“Gaki-san! Stay with me?”

Her second sentence was significantly softer than the first and it almost sounded like a desperate plead for help. Stunned by the surprising request, Risa turned back.

“I know you’re hurt and I can understand your pain. But don’t harm yourself to release that frustration.”

She refused to admit her unrequited feelings for Eri and she hated herself for being so vulnerable. Nonetheless Sayumi couldn’t deny the pain that was numbing her heart and the tears that had began falling from her eyes.

“Rely on me Sayumin. Whenever you need a shoulder to cry on, I will be here.”
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...Risa's such a good and caring subleader!
:mon cute:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Re: Fic of the Month // Merry Go Round - Chapter 3 (11/28)
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2008, 11:46:03 AM »
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... USO! USO! USO!!!

I never thought I would win Fic of the Month. All the other fics are awesome, much more so than mine :oops: Thank you everyone for voting for me. I'm so touched *sniff* To show my appreciation, I rushed out this chapter. I didn't have time to reply to the comments (I'll do that next time) but I've read them all and I'm really grateful for readers who reply. I'm thankful for lurkers who read my fics too so please give yourselves a nice big hug :heart: I apologise if this chapter wasn't that well written.

-----

Chapter 4

The melodious chirping of birds hopping on the window sill roused Sayumi as she waited for her vision to sharpen subsequent to opening her eyes. Stretching out lazily to loosen her tense muscles, she rolled over to lie flat on her stomach. The display of rainbow hues sprayed across the length of her room by the rotating sun catcher dangling at the balcony made Sayumi’s spirits soar.

“Isn’t it a beautiful day?”

Not getting a reply from the person who shared her queen-sized bed the previous night, the nineteen year old turned her head to the side only to be met with the scene of rumpled sheets strewn across the empty spot.

She left without saying goodbye.

Pouting slightly, Sayumi pushed herself off the comfy mattress with the intention of proceeding outside. When she reached her closed bedroom door, she noticed a small yellow post-it note stuck somewhere in the region not far from her eye level.

Baka, I didn’t leave without saying goodbye.

Tearing down the piece of stiff paper, she swung open the door to enter the spacious living room. A ceramic bowl was placed right in the middle of the wooden table in the adjoining dining hall. Upon closer inspection, Sayumi saw yet another golden sheet attached to the plate balanced carefully on top of the bowl. Flipping over the cover, a steaming bowl of scallop congee sprinkled with parsley bits was revealed.

Some congee would aid in your recuperation. I used dishwasher safe dishes just in case you ended up breaking more glassware >.<

I’ve informed the company that you’ll be taking today off to rest. Don’t dwell too much on things and take good care of yourself.

Bye bye,
Gaki-san

Reading the simple note over and over, a small smile crept onto Sayumi’s face. Sitting herself down on the dining chair which she had dragged out amid ear-piercing screeching, she spooned a dollop of lip smacking congee into her mouth and swallowed it satisfyingly. Every now and then, it felt good to be pampered. When was the last time someone babied her like this? That sensation seemed foreign as whenever she was around fellow Rokkies member Kamei Eri, the one on the receiving end of being indulged had always been Eri.

-----

Keeping Ai and Eri’s relationship a secret was becoming a thorny matter as the two openly displayed their affection for each other. Apparently the hand holding and tickling in private was no longer enough and soon the pair went on to take over the sole washroom on the entire level with their highly tantric activities.

“Not again.”

Reina’s complain wasn’t uncalled for as the common bathroom was once again locked from the inside. Rapid breathing and other debatable sounds could be heard through the thin door which made the young kitty cat very annoyed.

Behind her, Aika remained silent as she shook quietly in her shoes at feeling Reina’s bubbling rage. A ticked off Tanaka-san wasn’t one to be trifled with. As she had so unfortunately realized once while out on a movie date with the senpai.

“Wah…I never knew Kamei-san could be so… ”

Koharu’s high pitched mumble didn’t fail to escape the ears of those standing in the messy line. The assemble comprising of Reina, Koharu, Aika and the two pandas had been waiting outside for a substantial amount of time.

“Can I still be the turtle beside Kamei-san’s pond?”

Uttering her thoughts aloud somewhat forlornly, Jun Jun said to no one in particular. Standing behind her, Lin Lin nudged the elder discreetly. This wasn’t the time to be open about her colossal adoration towards Eri.

“OI AI-CHAN! ERI! Other people need to use the damn bathroom too!”

-----

Veering into the dressing room on the fourth floor with sharp cornering skills, Risa panted wearily from the effort she had exhausted while running from the ground floor. The elevator had taken an unusually long time to travel down from the topmost floor and she had given up on waiting since she didn’t have the luxury of time on her side. Having to make a trip home first after leaving Sayumi’s house to shower and grab the items she needed for today’s dance rehearsal, she barely had enough time to arrive at the company without being terribly late. Eri gets off the hook easily enough just by flashing an adorable grin, however Risa didn’t receive the same treatment as she had the image of a reliable and responsible sub-leader to uphold.

Expecting to be the only one in the room as it was almost time for dance practice, the young lady froze in her tracks underneath the wooden doorway when she caught a glimpse of two of her team mates who were inside. Ai and Eri were sharing one chair, or rather, Eri was sitting on Ai, who was in the chair. It was clear from Risa’s position at the entrance of the room that Ai was kissing Eri’s neck as the younger played with the fingers of the hands wrapped around her waist. Moaning contentedly each time Ai’s lips touched a sensitive spot, Eri stretched her hand backwards to try and reach Ai’s neck. The action caused Eri to tremble with significant force as she twisted her body on Ai’s lap.

Is Kame grinding?!??!

Gawking with her mouth hanging fully open, Risa’s brain suffered a mental breakdown at the illicit imagery played out right in front of her eyes. The “free show” for lack of a better term was abruptly ceased when Eri through half lidded eyes caught sight of Risa’s reflection in the mirror. Rapidly sliding off Ai’s lap with a self-conscious expression on her face, Eri acknowledged Risa’s presence.

“Gaki-san.”

“Ka-me….”

The awkward atmosphere was further escalated when Ai got up from the chair and approached Risa all the while not letting go of Eri’s hand which she had caught sometime during the course of the making out session. Precisely when, Risa didn’t know, and she wasn’t sure she really wanted to know.

“Ah Gaki-san, just the person I was looking for.”

Exchanging a glance with Eri whose cheeks were at present redder than the ripest tomatoes, Ai broached the topic which she had been pondering since morning.

“We have always been sharing a room on the concert tours. I was thinking it might be a nice change to swap rooms this time.”

“You want to room with Kame?”

Nodding back, Ai confirmed the answer to that question while Eri kept her eyes on the ground and shuffled her feet.

“We should get out of each other’s face for a bit you know. We don’t want nerves tested since we’re leader and sub-leader now.”

Just say you wanna suck face with Kame!

The unexpected angry thought that flashed across her mind shocked Risa. Guilt and shame engulfed her entire being as she mentally reprimanded herself for having such inappropriate views of her close friends.

You’re such a sore loser Niigaki Risa!

Though there was never a competition in the first place. On all accounts, Ai had never once considered Risa as anything more than a good friend.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 06:35:16 AM by lil_hamz »

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
Re: Fic of the Month // Merry Go Round - Chapter 4 (12/9)
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2008, 12:44:28 PM »
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... USO! USO! USO!!!

lol I thought that was Gaki at the start of the new chapter for a split second XD

awww Gaki's so sweet for leaving that note +1
awww Gaki made congee -1 (congee is Sukoshi's nemesis when she's sick)
Gaki keeping Sayu alive and making her morning all that much brighter +1 million

it's so funny imagining the girls lining up for the bathroom, even though it's probably happened a lot in real life...erm I mean...well not for the reason of course DX

Eri...Ai chan...Gaki.... *speechless* 
poor Gaki...she's earned herself 1 million points but is still on the losing end X__X

Ai chan  :pleeease:

total?

Gaki +1 million
Hammy +infinity

Offline KonaKaga

• Member+
  • GakiKame now and forever
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 12:48:17 PM »
*SayuGaki*

:shy2:
Do I sense a new love??? :O

LOL Eveyone can't get into the bathroom to use it in it's appropriate way.  XD

*Hot AiEri make-out scene*

:drool:
“Ah Gaki-san, just the person I was looking for. Would you like to join us?"
:w00t:

“We have always been sharing a room on the concert tours. I was thinking it might be a nice change to swap rooms this time.”

“You want to room with Kame?”

Nodding back, Ai confirmed the answer to that question while Eri kept her eyes on the ground and shuffled her feet.

“We should get out of each other’s face for a bit you know. We don’t want nerves tested since we’re leader and sub-leader now.”

Tsk tsk tsk Ai-chan. Just admit that you want Eri in a nice, warm, bed. :twisted:

Credit to Clamy-san!
Visit my blog!

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2008, 03:12:49 PM »
Aw...You updated while I was asleep. Well since jphip hate my iTouch (so much lag when I type) I officially reserve this post so that I can give you a proper review later. :p For now the easiest thing to type is GOOD JOB!! *hug*

EDIT: HAHAHAHA!!! HOME AT LAST!! Anyway, time for a proper review. Or comment. Then again, mine never make any sense... :sweatdrop:

...I think I spy a bit of GakiShige!! Gaki-san's such a nice person. :wub: And the AiEri was...whoa... :heart: Those two need to learn to hide away better. XD Seme Ai-chan~ I feel bad that Gaki-san saw them, though. D:

Oh, and favorite line of this chapter:
JUNJUUUN!!! XD Oh how I love that girl. :D *grins stupidly*
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 01:30:59 AM by ShikyoxYaiba »

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2008, 03:47:34 PM »
that was... hot. i need an ice cold drink

congratulations for winning  :muffin:

Offline takagakifan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2008, 09:02:07 PM »
Yay an update!!!... In class so i have to make this short...

The posts-it where soo cute
Reina not being able to use the bathroom HAHAHA!!
AiEri Hawt-diggity-damn!
Gaki walking in on that... Awkward
Ending when she realizes that Ai never saw her and probably will never see her as anything more than a friend... so sad

P.S like 2 sec before I read this I was watching 6th gen observation day on crunchy roll... They were watching Morning Musume perform and Sayu said "i like Takahashi Ai-san but somehow i don't know why my eyes were fixated on Niigaki-san... she somehow stand out like a sudden burst" i wonder if there's someway to post it here....

If there is I'll edit this an add
No one on the corner got swagga like us!

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2008, 09:33:50 AM »
aaaaww.
Sayu and Gaki-san on the 1st part was cute <3
post its..  :lol:

omfg. AiEri hotness!  :D :P
now thats just osam.

wat much more better really omfg omg eff osamer is Gaki-san walking into them doing that!!  XD
torture.  :lol:  :rofl:

now i wanna see moar moar maor~   :otomerika:

congrats~  :P

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2008, 01:04:03 PM »
Seriously? You didn't expect ta win? Why wouldn't ya win?!

WHoaaaaaa (*&)^&#^(^$%  :drool:
You make AiEri a friggin sizzling mind blowing HAWT COUPLE! But why are you so mean to Gaki?! Making her go through that?! Hammy.. your just EEEEEBIL!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2008, 07:32:12 PM »
Chapter 4

*SAYU'S MORNING*
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... Risa's taking care of her. :oops:

Keeping Ai and Eri’s relationship a secret was becoming a thorny matter as the two openly displayed their affection for each other. Apparently the hand holding and tickling in private was no longer enough and soon the pair went on to take over the sole washroom on the entire level with their highly tantric activities.
Uh-oh.  If they're not careful they're going to get noticed.  :-X

“Wah…I never knew Kamei-san could be so… ”
Ummmm........yeah. I don't think amyone knew.  :shocked:

Uttering her thoughts aloud somewhat forlornly, Jun Jun said to no one in particular. Standing behind her, Lin Lin nudged the elder discreetly. This wasn’t the time to be open about her colossal adoration towards Eri.
Oh jeez.
:dizzy:

“OI AI-CHAN! ERI! Other people need to use the damn bathroom too!”
Okay, if they were trying to keep it a secret, THAT is not the thng you want to be doing.
:mon speechless:

Having to make a trip home first after leaving Sayumi’s house to shower and grab the items she needed for today’s dance rehearsal, she barely had enough time to arrive at the company without being terribly late. Eri gets off the hook easily enough just by flashing an adorable grin, however Risa didn’t receive the same treatment as she had the image of a reliable and responsible sub-leader to uphold.
Risa does it so well though, which is why she's an awesome sub-leader. :rockon:

Expecting to be the only one in the room as it was almost time for dance practice, the young lady froze in her tracks underneath the wooden doorway when she caught a glimpse of two of her team mates who were inside. Ai and Eri were sharing one chair, or rather, Eri was sitting on Ai, who was in the chair.
Wait a sec, you mean they're not in the bathroom? 
:stunned: 

Or did they just "pick up where they left off?" >_>

The awkward atmosphere was further escalated when Ai got up from the chair and approached Risa all the while not letting go of Eri’s hand which she had caught sometime during the course of the making out session. Precisely when, Risa didn’t know, and she wasn’t sure she really wanted to know.

“Ah Gaki-san, just the person I was looking for.”
EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?????  :O

Oh this is one HELL of a way for this convo to happen.
:on blackhole:

It might be better if she indeed just comes out and states it. At least then there wouldn't be any false pretenses about it.

Still....poor Risa. :cry:

The unexpected angry thought that flashed across her mind shocked Risa. Guilt and shame engulfed her entire being as she mentally reprimanded herself for having such inappropriate views of her close friends.

You’re such a sore loser Niigaki Risa!

Though there was never a competition in the first place. On all accounts, Ai had never once considered Risa as anything more than a good friend.
:pen_cry:

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2008, 05:57:01 AM »
Ouch. That's a stab through the heart.

Poor Risa. :(

Offline YumePouk

• Without a word you made me know love & Without a word love leaves me
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I just wanna be with you, that's all...
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2008, 09:46:41 AM »
Risa, yo are so kind  :luvluv2:

Awww, Poo Risa.... I want to console her
but I feel a new love will be next?! SayuxGaki?!!!

I love so much this fanfic
Can't wait to read more ^^
Keep it up and Ganbatte ne
Like I didn't hear it, like I couldn't hear it.... I shouldn't have heard your love in the first place
]

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2008, 01:31:06 PM »
Chapter 3

@Estrea: I just use every opportunity I get :D

@SBK: I love seeing how much you like Risa. *hugs* :wub:

@Lolli: LOL!!! I laughed like crazy at your little dialogue. I think I would seal whatever article it was Sayu touched and encase it under lasers and other security systems. Can Risa scheme? She seems so nice. I doubt she has an evil bone in her body. Though since this is a fic, I could make it happen :P

@writerjunkie: I wish I could update as quickly as you do. How do you do it? *in awe* :O

@SxY: You're asking about GakiShige too? But I can't decide which way to go. ARGH, decisions. :banghead:

@stefy: You can do it as well. Just write when you feel like you have nothing else to do :D

@Fenrir: If Ai did that things would get very interesting XD

@Sukoshi: *trumpets blast mighty mouse music* *Hammy swishes about* :P

@YumePouk: Thank you for liking and commenting :oops:

@takagakifan: You get hunger headaches? I get them a lot. I don't know anyone else who does so it feels kinda lonely when I do :( Are you still stressed out? I hope not. Can't wait to see you back in action!

@JFC: Being the evil Sayu she sometimes is, she didn't just pinch Risa's cheeks. She did the whole twisting while squishing thing. I have a feeling that would hurt especially when Risa ws taken unaware :lol:

Chapter 4

@Sukoshi: What does Sukoshi-chan feel like eating when she's sick? *prepares to write it down in notebook* Sukoshi + intrinity!! :heart: Uhhh is there such a word?

@KonaKaga: LOL!! Ai-chan asking Risa if she would like to join them :lol: That would make a nice spin-off story.

@SxY: Not true! All your comments make sense. And I like reading them :wub:

@kRisZ: Thank you *bows* Do you need a fan right in front of you too? *goes to drag one over* ;)

@takagakifan: I remember that clip :inlove: Do you think subconsciously Sayumi is attracted to Risa? Hmmmm *ponders*

@ringo-hime: I find myself going 'osam' recently. I think I got influenced by you :grin:

@stefy: I'm not ebil. I'm ebi. Oh gawd, why am I so lame? :doh:

@JFC: You're spoiling me with your incredible long comments :cow: I think I might cry if you stop doing them.

@Fenrir: Wanna console Risa in place of Ai? :twisted:

@YumePouk: Do you like GakiSayu? Thanks again for supporting this fic :)

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2008, 04:00:16 PM »
Chapter 5

Leaning her head back on the metal lockers, Risa closed her eyes. She was weary from the lack of rest and could very well fall asleep standing up. She had spent the previous night lying awake so she could check on the ill girl periodically and make sure her fever had indeed subsided. Slapping her face with her hands then shaking her head from side to side, Risa hyped herself up for another grueling session of dance practice. Opening her eyes, she was about to walk towards the exit of the empty dressing room when she noticed a figure standing at the doorway. Expecting it to be one of the members who had returned to pick up a forgotten item, she gasped in astonishment at realizing the new arrival was Sayumi.

"She already snatched her from me. Why does she have to take away what little time I have with Eririn?"

Tears glistened within her doe like eyes and Risa's gut felt like it was being twisted together at seeing Sayumi's devastated appearance. How could she console the younger? How could she alleviate her pain? Before she could decide on what to do, Sayumi took off like a speeding bullet down the hallway, dropping her duffel bag on the floor in the process.

"Sayumi!"

-----

The flight of steps leading up to the rooftop was long and winding. When she finally arrived at the summit, Risa was already gasping for air. Letting the door swing shut behind her with a loud bang, she looked around the unsheltered area for the whereabouts of the missing rabbit.

I'm getting old. Fancy feeling breathless after such a short sprint.

Searching from one end of the rooftop, Risa covered most of the flat concrete level before finding Sayumi standing at one corner near the railings. She was gazing out into the distance, a faraway look on her face. Going to stand behind her, Risa took a deep breath before asking.

"Are you alright?"

Putting one hand on her upper arm and squeezing it comfortingly, Risa remained silent. She figured Sayumi didn't need to hear any words at this moment. None of those were going to help in any way. Instead, letting her know someone was there to support her would be much more beneficial.

"I'm fine. I just need some time alone.'

Struggling to keep her voice even, Sayumi replied after sniffling a few times. Subsequently, she turned her head away from the elder to hide her embarrassment at having dried up tears streaked across her face. Nodding to show that she understood her desire for privacy, Risa stepped a few meters away.

"I'll be over there if you need me."

Pacing around anxiously as she waited for Sayumi to calm down, the scheduled dance rehearsal completely slipped Risa's mind. About twenty minutes later, Sayumi came up to where Risa was waiting, a forced smile plastered on her face.

"I'm good to go."

The two friends walked side by side in silence to the exit whilst Risa stole discreet glances at Sayumi. She wanted to make sure the wounded bunny was really okay. Upon reaching the exit which would lead them back down to the main building, Sayumi yanked hard on the handle of the heavy door and discovered to her dismal that it wouldn't budge. A look of bewilderment flashed across her delicate features and it took a while for her to make sense of what was happening. Spying the single orange colored brick lying beside the door, she exclaimed agitatedly.

"OMG you didn't put the stopper on!"

"Huh?"

Scratching the top of her head with her manicured fingernails, Risa answered, totally lost with the conversation.

"The door, it can only be opened from the inside so you have to stopper it with that brick!"

Throwing up her hands in frustration, Sayumi glared menacingly at the older girl with narrowed eyes.

"How was I supposed to know that? I've never been up here!"

Folding her arms across her chest, Sayumi didn't let up but continued grumbling about their current predicament.

"Just great, we're stuck here!"

Feeling somewhat guilt-ridden for landing them in such a state, Risa thought about how she could make amends.

"Maybe I can get the door to open."

Jogging backwards, she started running from a distance away and crashed shoulder first into the bulky door. Not only did she fail to burst open the structure successfully, the impact from the collision threw her back and left her sprawled out on the floor moaning in pain.

"Ow... I hope I didn't break something."

Wincing as she sat up slowly, Risa held onto her aching shoulder with her left hand, trying her best to not fall over without any assistance from the kouhai who kept grouching ceaselessly.

"You're so weak."

"Try smashing though your door last night and doing the same thing again now!"

Indignant at being blamed repeatedly, Risa shot back angrily, momentarily forgetting to be mindful of Sayumi's supposed fragile mental condition.

"So that was how you entered my house. I thought you found the hidden key."

Bending down to pull Risa up, Sayumi thought aloud. Noting the gray specks of dust that had gathered on her pants after falling onto the floor, the taller swatted lightly at the cotton material to clean her savior up.

"What key?"

"Everyone who has visited me at home more than once knows about it. If you had come over again after the last time you visited you would know about it too. Speaking of which, why haven't you dropped by since then? Did my sister rub you the wrong way?"

Helping Risa to the spot near the railings where she had stood originally, Sayumi eased Risa gently onto the floor before sitting down herself.

"Does it hurt a lot?"

Peeling carefully at Risa's shirt, Sayumi peered under the thin fabric to check on the rapidly forming bruise.

"It does look bad."

"It hurts like hell if you wanna know."

Taking her line of sight away from the laceration to look Risa in the eye, Sayumi muttered in a small voice.

"I'm sorry for causing you trouble. And ...thanks for everything you've done."

"Are you schizophonic?"

Blurting out the question before her brain reminded her against voicing the thoughtless comment, Risa enquired, referring to the rapid change in emotions Sayumi had displayed - grief, emptiness, annoyance and remorse. Promptly changing the subject to spare Sayumi further awkwardness after observing the reddish tint that appeared on her cheeks, Risa quipped.

"It might be a good thing we aren't the popular members. Imagine this getting out and tabloids reporting on Morning Musume members trapped on the roof."

The prospect of such a scenario sent the two young women into fits of hearty laughter. Their delight was cut short abruptly when a sudden gust of wind blew pass the topmost level of the towering skyscraper. Rubbing her hands up and down her arms to generate some greatly lacking warmth, Sayumi was pleasantly surprised to see a lime green jacket draped over herself.

"I may have weak shoulders, but I'm not the sickly one."

After ordering Sayumi to slip her arms into the sleeves of the garment, Risa helped the middle Rokkie secure the metal zip. Undoubtedly Risa was motherly and her actions touched Sayumi immensely though she would never admit it if asked. Still thinking about why she had never noticed all the good traits of her sub-leader, Sayumi felt a weight resting on her shoulder and the steady regulated breathing of her companion entered her ears. Cautiously tilting her head to not make large movements, Sayumi watched Risa sleep.

It's Ai-chan's loss for not treasuring you.

-----

Reina is such a genius.

Congratulating herself with a slanted smirk, Reina lighted the thin stick wedged between two of her fingers. She was only successful with her third effort as she fumbled a little with the silver lighter and had to shift her body accordingly to thwart the frosty winds repeatedly assaulting the weak flame. At last the tip of the cigarette blazed with an amber glow and Reina sucked in deep breathes of the silent killer. Observing the various shapes which she had mischievously puffed out into the cold winter air, Reina twirled her forefinger around, chasing after the mini clouds of smoke. During one of her escapades, she froze abruptly when from the corner of her wonky eye, she caught sight of a couple of foreign silhouettes.

Someone’s on the roof!

Frantically chucking the remaining stub onto the ground and stomping on it to exterminate the light, she flailed her hands wildly about in a feeble attempt to dissipate the unmistakable smell of nicotine. Whipping out a tube of extra strong spritz from her track pants pocket, she sprayed her mouth with an obscene amount of the chemical so the fragrant mist was coated on every millimeter of her jagged teeth.

Why didn’t I just flick the bloody thing off the roof?!

Reproaching herself for the foolish action which had surely brought more attention to her deed. Reina crouched shivering as she waited for the impending admonishment to arrive, the enraged mug of her manager appearing in her mind.

“You are a celebrity, AN IDOL, how could you indulge in such reckless behavior? Have you not considered the repercussions on the group as a whole??? Yada yada yada….”

Unexpectedly, the harsh scolding never materialized. Peeking through the cracks between her bony fingers, Reina squinted to recognize the unmoving pair seated on the ground some distance away. Deciding to advance towards the duo, Reina crept forward slowly.

“Sayu? Gaki-san? What are they doing together?”

Looking down at the sleeping twosome huddled snuggly together, Reina bent down to shake them awake.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:56:32 PM by lil_hamz »

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
Re: Fic of the Month // Merry Go Round - Chapter 5 (12/16)
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2008, 01:34:50 AM »
Do I see Risa/Sayu love?? :O

But, awww, Risa's maternal instincts kicks in. Well, they did mention that Risa is like the mom and Ai is like the dad in MM. XD

Comment reply: Umm, I rather chase after Ai-chan. >.>  *runs away from Gaki fans*

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2008, 01:53:16 AM »
Mama Risa!

...Oh wait. Maybe I shouldn't say that since we don't know how things will end up. xD But aww... Poor Sayu. Thank goodness Gaki-san is still there for her. <3

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2008, 04:48:48 AM »
Chapter 5

Opening her eyes, she was about to walk towards the exit of the empty dressing room when she noticed a figure standing at the doorway. Expecting it to be one of the members who had returned to pick up a forgetten item, she gasped in astonishment at realizing the new arrival was Sayumi.

"She already snatched her from me. Why does she have to take away what little time I have with Eririn?"

Tears glistened within her doe like eyes and Risa's gut felt like it was being twisted together at seeing Sayumi's devastated appearance. How could she console the younger? How could she alleviate her pain? Before she could decide on what to do, Sayumi took off like a speeding bullet down the hallway, dropping her duffel bag on the floor in the process.

"Sayumi!"
Onoes!
:scared:

Pacing around anxiously as she waited for Sayumi to calm down, the scheduled dance rehearsal completely slipped Risa's mind. About twenty minutes later, Sayumi came up to where Risa was waiting, a forced smile plastered on her face.

"I'm good to go."
They understand each other because they know that they're going through the same thing.
:pen_cry:

The two friends walked side by side in silence to the exit whilst Risa stole discreet glances at Sayumi. She wanted to make sure the wounded bunny was really okay. Upon reaching the exit which would lead them back down to the main building, Sayumi yanked hard on the handle of the heavy door and discovered to her dismal that it wouldn't budge.
Uh-oh...don't tell me. :O

Spying the single orange colored brick lying beside the door, she exclaimed agitatedly.

"OMG you didn't put the stopper on!"

"Huh?"

Scratching the top of her head with her manicured fingernails, Risa answered, totally lost with the conversation.
Sayu = :shock:
Risa = :dunno:

"The door, it can only be opened from the inside so you have to stopper it with that brick!"

Throwing up her hands in frustration, Sayumi glared menacingly at the older girl with narrowed eyes.

"How was I supposed to know that? I've never been up here!"
:doh:

"Maybe I can get the door to open."

Jogging backwards, she started running from a distance away and crashed shoulder first into the bulky door. Not only did she fail to burst open the structure successfully, the impact from the collision threw her back and left her sprawled out on the floor moaning in pain.

"You're so weak."

"Try smashing though your door last night and doing the same thing again now!"
She busted open Sayu's door? :o

I thought you found the hidden key.
Well, shouldn't it have been obvious as there should have been some damage on Sayu's door from when Risa shoulder-tackled it?

Wait, there was a key? :?

"Everyone who has visited me at home more than once knows about it. If you had come over again after the last time you visited you would know about it too. Speaking of which, why haven't you dropped by since then? Did my sister rub you the wrong way?"
Eeps.  :-X

"It might be a good thing we aren't the popular members. Imagine this getting out and tabloids reporting on Morning Musume members trapped on the roof."
Risa? Sayu? Not popular? UNPOSSIBLE!!!  :cow:

The prospect of such a scenario sent the two young woman into fits of hearty laughter. Their delight was cut short abruptly when a sudden gust of wind blew pass the topmost level of the towering skyscraper. Rubbing her hands up and down her arms to generate some greatly lacking warmth, Sayumi was pleasantly surprised to see a lime green jacket draped over herself.

"I may have weak shoulders, but I'm not the sickly one."

After ordering Sayumi to slip her arms into the sleeves of the garment, Risa helped the middle Rokkie secure the metal zip. Undoubtedly Risa was motherly and her actions touched Sayumi immensely though she would never admit it if asked.
See, it's shit like this that make Risa such an awesome subleader. Plus is just so "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!" :wub:

Sayumi watched Risa sleep.

It's Ai-chan's lost for not treasuring you.
"Loss", it's Aichan's "loss" for not treasuring her.

And damn right. :yep:

EDIT DUE TO STUFF ADDED TO CHAPTER-

Congratulating herself with a slanted smirk, Reina lighted the thin stick wedged between two of her fingers. She was only successful with her third effort as she fumbled a little with the silver lighter and had to shift her body accordingly to thwart the frosty winds repeatedly assaulting the weak flame. At last the tip of the cigarette blazed with an amber glow and Reina sucked in deep breathes of the silent killer.
BAD REINA! BAD, BAD, BAD REINA!  :angry:

During one of her escapades, she froze abruptly when from the corner of her wonky eye, she caught sight of a couple of foreign silhouettes.

Someone’s on the roof!

Peeking through the cracks between her bony fingers, Reina squinted to recognize the unmoving pair seated on the ground some distance away. Deciding to advance towards the duo, Reina crept forward slowly.

“Sayu? Gaki-san? What are they doing together?”

Looking down at the sleeping twosome huddled snuggly together, Reina bent down to shake them awake.
I guess Reina was already up there when Sayu and Risa came up? Strange that she wouldn't have noticed/heard the door open and close, not to mention the convo and impending panic when the other 2 realized they were "stuck" up there.

Now if it was reversed, and Reina was the one to come up after the other 2, how could she have missed seeing them? Considering that they would have wanted to be noticed, they would have stayed right by the door in case someone happened to pass by. To walk away from it when they're trying to get back inside wouldn't make sense, and while we know they can have airheaded moments, neither of them could have been THAT stupid to suggest otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 08:18:47 PM by JFC »

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »
@Sukoshi: What does Sukoshi-chan feel like eating when she's sick? *prepares to write it down in notebook* Sukoshi + intrinity!! :heart: Uhhh is there such a word?

ah the answer to that might make you go  :O
The answer would be, Sukoshi's favourite food,  french fries.  (I've always had the philosophy that if you are already feeling miserable why add to the misery by eating something you don't like XD)
naturally mom would make me congee but when I'm a little better someone will make me fries and that instantly makes me feel ten times better =D

-----------------------------

whew...Sayu's just standing on the roof *wipes sweat off*

lol @ the stopper...I wonder if they'll still be up there 3 chapters later XD  I hope they have cellphones...but I want Eri to earn some points back by knowing where to find Sayu.

ouch.  Risa calls Sayu schizophonic followed by unpopular but it's a good thing she has that motherly princely charm that works soo well.

oh no!  I'm falling for SayuGaki!  This can't be good...since the title is Merry Go Round...I'm afraid the couples are going to switch in the end!  but...wait...don't I want Kameshige?  ahhhh I don't know anymore :frustrated:

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2008, 04:25:14 AM »
May I confuse us all further by posting this? It's a perf of YAH! Aishitai from the Odore Morning Curry concert... (Watch it in HQ.) And watch carefully at the times indicated:

youtube.com/watch?v=6o-5AG5EL6c

@1:04 KameShige
@2:10 TakaGaki

And quite unexpectedly...

@2:57 AiEri. (Damn hot, too. o-o Then again, so are the other two moments, lol.)

So have I furthered the confusion? *whistles innocently*
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 05:05:52 AM by ShikyoxYaiba »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2008, 04:50:43 AM »
^
Ummm...you might want to double-check that link. o_o

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - THE Manpower