JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Thank You Raishun

Author Topic: The ANGERME Thread (アンジュルム); ex-S/mileage (スマイレージ)  (Read 187559 times)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The S/mileage Thread (スマイレージ)
« Reply #280 on: May 29, 2013, 09:56:39 PM »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2013, 07:58:50 PM »
Derp I tried to do some edgic again...

The obligatory explanation:

Edgic = editing + logic.
Based on Edgic at Survivor Sucks forum, except modified for idol PVs instead of a reality TV show. 

Shortly put, it's counting solo shots and solo lines + taking into account their "quality" to then give the member's exposure a ranking. As in, how much did this video promote a certain member over the others, how much less was a certain member featured.

Possible ratings:
INV - 'invisible'
UTR - 'under the radar'
MOR - 'middle of the road'
CE - 'complimentary edit' (at Sucks this is 'complex personality' which doesn't quite fit idol MVs)
OTT - 'over-the-top' (this could probably be changed to something else, but it basically means the lead)

Visibility is ranked 1-5. This may be confusing. UTR3 is better than UTR1 because 3 means a higher visibility, not that the member was more UTR than the other. I've even confused myself with this, ugh. lol

Notes:
- Solo lines count as one solo shot even if there are several shots used during the line. I do this because they are getting the visibility for having a solo line and the shots are connected to the solo line.
- Solo shot count: The first number is how many clear solo shots they had, as in nobody else was around. The number in parenthesis is when other focused shots are included; other members are around but only one member is in focus.

Previous ones:
Please Miniskirt Postwoman
Chotto Matte Kudasai
Dot Bikini

Edgic for "Suki yo, Junjou Hankouki"

This video has shots where you can see the camera spanning up to the lips of the members, but not show their face entirely. I didn't include those shots because the girl needs to be recognizable even to a casual fan in the shot for it to count as exposure.

AYACHO
Solo shots: 12
Solo lines: 5
Not too many lines, but still visible because her lovely face seems to be edited in between whenever possible.
-> CE3

KANYON
Solo shots: 11
Solo lines: 9
The biggest line hogger and extremely visible.
-> OTT1

MEIMEI
Solo shots: 10 (11)
Solo lines: 7
Not only did she get many lines, but she gets to sing the first long solo line of the song.
-> CE3

TAKECHAN
Solo shots: 9
Solo lines: 6
-> CE2

KANANAN
Solo shots: 6
Solo lines: 4
Despite her apperances being few compared to the other members, she got some significant solo lines this time.
-> UTR5

RINAPUU
Solo shots: 7 (8 )
Solo lines: 5
The same as Kananan, but with a bit more focus, and moreover, she got to sing the closing line of the song.
-> MOR1

What changed from before:
- This song had a very nice line distribution. Everyone got their voices heard.
- This MV didn't have any special edits for certain members, unlike some of the earlier videos (like Kananan+gorilla or Kananan dancing poorly or Ayacho being the main post woman). That was a little sad.
- Rinapuu got her first MOR :D

The members' edgics so far:
Ayacho: CE5-CE1-CE4-CE3
Kanyon: CE5-OTT1-OTT1-OTT1
Meimei: MOR5-MOR5-MOR5-CE3
Takechan: MOR3-CE4-CE5-CE2
Kananan: UTR1-MOR1-UTR3-UTR5
Rinapuu: UTR2-UTR1-UTR1-MOR1
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »
S/mileage in a Haunted House

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #283 on: August 14, 2013, 07:11:27 AM »
Not sure if potential for lawsuit or possible cross-promotion opportunity... :lol:
http://smileage.vw.com

Apparently it's now called SmileDrive:
http://smiledrive.vw.com

HELLO PROJECT - 1, GERMAN AUTO INDUSTRY - 0
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #284 on: August 15, 2013, 03:10:35 AM »
Some really cool responses from S/mileage members in the latest Pocket Morning questions. Too bad Meimi's too short to make her Takarazuka dream come true  :P

What's something you want to try doing in work outside of being an idol?

Please tell us a nice little story about a H!P member

Grade yourself on where you're at now! How many points out of a perfect score of 100? Please give us the reason, too.

rina ♥ mini

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #285 on: January 01, 2014, 10:04:09 AM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #286 on: March 03, 2014, 05:00:15 PM »
Subbed

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #287 on: March 24, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
S/M practicing for HinaFes

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #288 on: March 29, 2014, 07:48:45 PM »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #289 on: March 29, 2014, 08:24:36 PM »
 :twothumbs :onioncheer: :mon beam: :on GJ: FUCK YEAH

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #290 on: May 11, 2014, 03:10:59 AM »
Those "new" members have grown up-
Looking good, feeling good!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #291 on: May 12, 2014, 02:19:41 PM »
Ayacho & Kanyon are interviewed in the following article.

LOOKING EAST / Live at Nippon Budokan: The goal for today’s idols
May 11, 2014 | By Takamasa Sakurai / Special to The Japan News

Nippon Budokan in Tokyo is a multipurpose hall well known in Japan and overseas. It opened in 1964 as the venue for judo matches at the Tokyo Olympics and became widely known as a concert venue when The Beatles gave live performances there in 1966, an epoch-making event that made appearing at the hall a goal for many artists.

Its name became increasingly well known among overseas artists, partly because the iconic British rock band Deep Purple and the U.S. band Cheap Trick, who swept the world in the late 1970s, both performed live at the Budokan. Albums with recordings from those appearances, “Made in Japan” and “Cheap Trick at Budokan,” became best sellers.

I went to see many performances at the Budokan by popular rock artists from overseas in the 1980s.

Even after Yoyogi National Stadium and Tokyo Dome, both bigger than the Budokan, began serving as concert venues, the Budokan has remained a sacred place both for artists and audiences.

In a new phenomenon that began around 2012, the Budokan has hosted many idol groups.

I can think of many reasons for this. For one thing, the focus of the entire music industry has been shifting from records, CDs and TV to live concerts and selling products there. Also, more and more idol groups are getting popular enough to attract 8,000 to 10,000 people to their concerts, almost enough to fill the hall.

The audience seats surround the Budokan’s arena. Concert organizers therefore have more options than at ordinary halls regarding where to build a stage. This suits idol performers, whose concert styles are different from those of other bands. Due to the design, guests at the Budokan can feel closer to the performers than at other large-scale venues.

Many idol groups will perform live at the Budokan for the first time this year, including the six-member pop group S/mileage.

“I’ve seen videos of live concerts at the Budokan by many artists and bands, but I’d never thought I’d give my own concert here,” said Kanon Fukuda, one of the founding members of the group. “Our performance on July 15 is a high point of my life. I like ice cream a lot, but I decided to stop eating it until the day of the concert to discipline myself for success.”

Cofounder Ayaka Wada said: “We’re on a national tour now. The whole time I’ve been trying to get mentally prepared for the concert at the Budokan. Otherwise, the precious time until the concert will quickly be wasted.”

Years ago, idols spent a lot of time on TV programs. Now, many idols focus on giving live performances somewhere in the nation every weekend. This career path has led idol groups to climb the stairway to the Budokan.

“We’ve come here hand-in-hand with our fans,” said Wada. “When I revealed my anxiety [about the large-scale concert] a little bit on my blog, one of our fans wrote: ‘We’ll definitely go to your concert. You can trust us.’ Those responses are very encouraging.”

When I frequented the Budokan to see overseas bands, it was a place to see polished performances. However, many idols today reach the Budokan while showing the process of their growth to their fans. Most overseas fans of Japanese idol groups say they have no such groups in their countries. I hope S/mileage will give a concert that proves that Japanese idol groups are indeed special.

(The next installment will appear May 24.)

Takamasa Sakurai is a content producer who uses events and seminars to engage in “pop culture diplomacy.” Follow Sakurai at http://twitter.com/sakuraitakamasa
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0001250395

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #292 on: May 13, 2014, 10:46:32 AM »

*subbed by frozenswinub

Quote from: Tsunku
(Ayaka Wada)
Funya funya (physically/mentally fluffy) elementary school child has become a solid talent.
Still there are lots of funya funya parts inside of her though.
Her eyes sparkle when a topic shifts to Art and Buddha statues.
I wonder if she could turn on a switch for S/mileage as the same raw passion as Buddha statues. (laugh)
In “Mystery Night!”, I gave her a relatively-longer solo part.
Her voice which is sounded as if it flips a bit, stands out in a good sense.

(Kanon Fukuda)
She is busy in being a girl, guy, mature woman, or Cinderella inside of her.
As well as Ayaka Wada, she has worked for a long time including H!P egg era.
This year for her and Wada will be a critical time.
Advancing her ability is up to her.
She learns a choreography and song real quick.
However, if her innate sense that she thinks or sees the world from different angle naturally emerged as a performance, Fukuda would shine more .
How much could she bring it for the single?

(Kana Nakanishi)
She looks she always smiles but, she has guts in fact.
There’s an appetite inside of her for sure.
Although she often gets a failing grade on both singing and dancing, she always gains something out of her experience.
Turning anything into profit, is this characteristic features of people in and from Osaka? (laugh)
This time she acted sexy Nakanishi and Rock Nakanishi in her way.
It was also good for her to get bangs.

(Akari Takeuchi)

I didn’t think the costume of “Mystery Night!” suits her that much, because I have sought a way for her a while.
She surprised me the most in the group. Even she surprised that I was surprised but, she didn’t find it altogether bad.
I guess she got a clue, an opprtunity.
When people gain more confidence, it will appear on the surface.
From in the middle of its MV shooting after the recording, she had a change of heart a lot!!

(Rina Katsuta)

She has grown up. I sometimes worry her poor posture, but it is her color at the same time.
I want her to improve standing and siting posture, but now is about time for her to kick things into gear. She has a good figure, good personality, and has the potential to become a smash hit.
Getting more confidence brings a positive change in dancing and singing.
All she need is training! This year is the time!? Fight!

(Meimi Tamura)
I had an image of her only “a hyper girl” up until a few years ago, but, yes, still she is.
She behaves like 5 years old hyper child in a backstage but, when she turns off
she is so cool it’s frightening.
A conversation we have sometimes is very cool as well.
I wonder if she can stay there all the time, but that’s not fun, that’s boring.
I have nothing to say about her performance unless she puts more color in singing.

http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/tsunku-commentary-for-smileage-2-20140521112.html
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:27:51 PM by oaxiac »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2014, 02:41:52 AM »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #297 on: July 06, 2014, 02:44:20 AM »
  :twothumbs  :cow:  :thumbup

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2014, 07:26:27 AM »
Eh?  :?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Thank You Raishun