JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba

Author Topic: Quentin Tarantino  (Read 9856 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: Quentin Tarantino
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 08:42:05 PM »
No one posted to congratulate Tarantino on his well deserved Oscar for original screenplay for Django Unchained? ... Okay then 8D

I actually stayed up and watched the entire Oscars show (no mere feat considering it starts at 2:30am here (ended at 6am, I got 1 hour of sleep and then rushed off to work like a pro, lol)).

I am so glad Tarantino got his Oscar for Django, I feel he should have gotten one for Inglourious as well, so this was a well deserved break. No Academy awards for Tarantino since Pulp Fiction? Well, then. It was about time for sure.

I recently acquired a blu-ray collector's set of Tarantino's film, so I've been watching them in chronological order - right now I'm going to have to say that Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained really stand out, and they are my favourite Tarantino films. I was watching the bonus material for Inglourious Basterds, and Tarantino just lays down the law when it comes to the so called "plot holes" that reviewers love to point and pick at ... basically the fact that you don't need to see everything in order to understand what's happening or how things turned out the way they did. Just because something isn't shown on screen, doesn't mean it's a plot hole. Audiences are not passive creatures, they have minds of their own and are more than capable of thinking up their own theories of what went down. Huzzah for someone actually treating his audience as regular human being capable of thought! I am going to have to re-watch the interview and transcribe it, because I actually stood up and just pointed at the screen going "fffffff, this is what I always tell people aaaaahdsahjfghjsafgsjhdgfhjsa".

I can't wait to see what he's going to do next.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba