JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Identity (Album Mix)

Author Topic: Cowboy Bebop the live action movie  (Read 11219 times)

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Cowboy Bebop the live action movie
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 08:03:03 AM »
A Timbaland and Pharrell soundtrack would be enough for most movie fans.

ummm, well, in my personal opinion, that would suck donkey balls.  Totally doesn't fit the atmosphere of Cowboy Bebop.  Its not CB without the Jazz.

Just imagine, Spike sees Vicious, a chase scene ensues, and then you hear Drop it Like It's Hot =)  er, no =P
word.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 12:52:05 PM »
milla could play FAYE. Faye's tits are bigger than milla's whole body XD

Oopsie, my bad, Faye of course
(haha I'm on a Mirror's Edge trip so it's Faith everywhere for me xD)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 12:36:15 AM »
All's I can say is... EGADS~!!

Then seeing some of the other animes mentioned in that article.......... Hollywood should well enough alone.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 07:04:43 PM »
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 03:04:05 AM »
Keanu has the best agent ever =P  He gets all the good roles.

Quite honestly, i don't mind him being Spike.
word.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 08:14:02 PM »
Maybe if he pulls this off, I'll forgive him for his portrayal of John Constantine.

Maybe.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 09:10:55 AM »
Cowboy Bebop is Apparently 'Too Awesome' for Fox to Make

So we know that Keanu Reeves is still attached to play Spike Spiegel in a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie, whenever it gets made. However, what we don't know is how far along in the process the project is, especially since it doesn't have a director attached. Reeves updated MTV recently and revealed that it hasn't moved forward because Fox is concerned over the budget. Here's what he had to say: "There's a draft of the script, but the writer did such a great job [that] in order to make the movie, you would need half a billion dollars." I just love that quote. Was it really that awesome or did they just throw in as much as they could?

Apparently that writer is Peter Craig, who's been talking about the Cowboy Bebop movie for a while. To continue what Reeves was saying: "So the studio went, 'This movie is fantastic and it would cost half a billion dollars,' so he's doing a rewrite." And in terms of who (character-wise) is in it, well, Reeves says, "everyone is in there." Well that sounds like literally everyone and everything in the series. Why else would it cost to $500 million?! "The only challenge was to make a satisfying western narrative out of the kind of storytelling that happens. There's a great draft, so we're just trying to pull it back a little bit now."

I love that quote because I know it's some Fox exec just sitting there being like "we don't need this or that in a Cowboy Bebop movie." I doubt it would really cost $500 million, but they're probably thinking it needs to cost less than $100, when they don't realize that there is a huge following and it could make a lot of money if done right. And by done right, not only does that mean hiring a good director and screenwriter, but it also means not cutting down the budget like this just because the execs don't understand the potential.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/09/23/cowboy-bebop-is-apparently-too-awesome-for-fox-to-make/

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2009, 01:07:19 PM »
Makes sense not to throw that amount of cash at an adaptation of an anime that has a cult following.

I would still prefer not to see any movie at all if I'm honest.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 01:38:46 PM »
I don't have the faith in hollywood to do it properly. Just let Bebop be man, just let it be.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 06:30:36 PM »
Didn't Fox do the Dragonball movie?

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for this one to be any good.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline bgstak69

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2013, 06:17:16 PM »
Oh god no  :cry:

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Identity (Album Mix)