JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Leo Ieiri - Shine

Author Topic: Rosie O’Donnell equates U.S. troops to terrorists  (Read 6930 times)

Offline Shug

• Member+
Re: Rosie O’Donnell equates U.S. troops to terrorists
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 09:15:05 PM »
I thought just after starting this thread that it was a mistake. Certainly wasn't trying to start an argument. I'll try to be a bit less stupid from now on.
Lots of good comments here, but to risky to respond to most of them.
Just want to say one thing though, I wasn't bashing Rosie for having an opinion, just her misguided way of delivering it. Too many people believe things like that as the indisputable truth and that can lead to problems. She's not helping anyone by saying things like that.

On the lighter side, and I really mean this to be funny (although someone might get annoyed).
We all have to keep an eye on Germany cause when they get the notion it takes the whole world to kick their ass.

There I go being stupid again..........Oh well.

Offline Sexykago

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 12:41:58 AM »
^ Well, I'd say she's still a bigot too.
I take it you didn't like her take on the Chinese language.  :p

The way politics is so polarized nowadays about the Iraq war I'm not sure what to believe. These sort of comparisons are nothing new that's for sure.
Whatever her political opinions I find her annoying and wish she'd get off the airwaves. Though there's a whole bunch I'd like to see gone as much or more than her.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 06:31:14 AM »
Wow...who would've thought? Rosie O'Donnell, the Jane Fonda of this generation!

Haha but wasn't Jane Fonda also a one-time screen sex kitten and 80s fitness guru?  She wasn't all mouth...

Off topic and probably not her fault directly but casting O'Donnell as Betty Rubble in "The Flintstones" has got to be one of the WORST ever in the history of motion pictures.  Second worst may be Robert Redford as Branch Rickey in the upcoming biopic of baseball Hall-of-Famer Jackie Robinson.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 06:31:41 AM by Saburo »

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 10:16:21 AM »
Well in Europe comparing american troops to terrorists is everyday thing in media, so it's funny to see americans reacting like this when someone says that their holy crusaders aren't always so holy after all.

In my opinion it's kinda useless to blame the troops, because it was the politicians wh gave the order to go there. O'Donnell should blame them.

And what it comes to american troops in Germany, it was really a blessing to have them during a cold war. I hope we would have had them in Finland as well. Now of course it's a different thing, but if I remember correctly, USA have been reducing its troops on European soil and focusing more on Middle-East sector.

And saying that Rosie O'Donnell is wrong and stupid because she is fat is just something that you usually can expect from a elementary school kid... come on.
coot is ctz

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 02:19:11 PM »
Speaking as an outsider. (Australia) I would say she's not wrong. But she didn't have to say it. There is no point of the troops being there at all. And attacking and killing and raping random civillians is not doing any good.

Come on guys. Put your patriotism aside for a second and just wish and hope the troops come home soon. But there is no point for bashing really.
Same here.. (even the "Australia" part)

Some definitions
Terrorist
a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities.

a person who tries to frighten people or governments into doing what he/she wants by using or threatening violence.

Terrorism
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear.

So yeah, Rosie's just calling it as she sees it (without the rainbow coloured glass like most do).

Offline Shug

• Member+
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 08:38:12 PM »

And saying that Rosie O'Donnell is wrong and stupid because she is fat is just something that you usually can expect from a elementary school kid... come on.
Who said that?
I just read over all the replies and can't find it.
Hey, I'm fat and stupid but it doesn't mean I'm wrong..............or something like that. You know what I mean.

Another thought, I wonder how much of Rosie's audience have Husbands/Wives, Sons/Daughters etc. in the military. I would think they're not very happy either.

Offline fr0z

• Member+
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 10:42:03 AM »
Is it that big an issue in America? Is it something that a lot of people are talking about?

This is a signature.

Offline kaminokami2086

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 10:03:05 PM »
Didn't read all the responses but came to some that said the troops shouldn't be blame for the decisions of the higher-ups. And for that I disagree. They have a choice to follow orders or not, they can be court marshalled or kill people, they choose which.

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 10:45:14 PM »
People who SIGN UP for infantry in the army or marines, go in knowing that they will eventually have to kill people.  Like hell they'd go against orders and get court-marshalled.

About the sob stories about having Americans occupying your country, sadly there are assholes in this world, and yes, there are asshole Americans.  However, you should not judge a whole country based on the actions of an asshole or a group of them.  That in itself is a form of bigotry.

About Rosie, never liked her.  Her Donald Trump squabble, "ching chong" talk and now this has led me to think much less of her.  I won't insult her, because that will bring me down to her level.

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline Marks Spencer

• Member+
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 02:48:49 PM »

Haha but wasn't Jane Fonda also a one-time screen sex kitten and 80s fitness guru?  She wasn't all mouth...

Yeah....you're right. Rosie O'Donnell in Barbarella 2
lol

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2007, 09:46:13 PM »
She's leaving, but it seems to be of her own accord.

There's clip of her latest fight on CNN.com's home page.

Basically two talking heads screeching at each other... reminds me of Canadian politics too.

Basically, I tune both of them out. Neither seemed interesting in a rationale discussion, just scoring points by attacking each other.

No civility in politics (not like there ever was).

Offline fsw

• Power Master
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Oh! Miwaaaaaaaa!
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2007, 10:26:45 PM »
Didn't realise things were getting serious in the land of the dropping pants ;-)

Ease up people!

Offline Shin Asuka

• Wub U
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2007, 04:14:03 AM »
All the Major News Networks spent most of their time on this topic today. Which to me seems stupid becasue I know there are bigger things that happened today other than a big mouth person quiting their job <_<
Don't expect me to reply to any post. I tend to not care.

Offline thatguy

• キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ !!!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2007, 03:24:57 PM »
I don't like the way, americans act in the world, as if they can do everything and all the others has to follow their will. And if someone critizizes, they bomb them out or call them terrorists friends.

i don't mean to undermine you. but not all americans act like that. while there certainly are americans with a superiority complex, they represent a minority (even though unfortunately they tend to be the only ones that people ever know internationally).

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Leo Ieiri - Shine