JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo & Matsuzaki Nao - Momen no Handkerchief

Author Topic: What would make H!P better for you?  (Read 29520 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
What would make H!P better for you?
« on: January 08, 2006, 01:17:28 PM »
What would make H!P more interesting and better for you?

What would you like to see and change? What wouldn't you change?
Would the changes be temporary or last far ahead into the future?

And also, do you think the H!P you'd like to see would also appeal to others (as in, the Japanese audience) or would H!P's image suffer even more? :lol:

Discuss!!

I'll reply in a separate post~
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 01:30:51 PM »
I want Shibachan to join Biyuden!

Cause she's cool and sexy!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 01:55:17 PM »
Well, even if I love H!P there are many things in a way that I'd like to change.

First of all, the quality of music. I wrote two long paragraphs at first, but let's try to make this short. Basically, what I'd like to hear are
- more hooks in MM songs
- more special solo lines in MM songs - think AS FOR ONE DAY, I think the way the lines are shared there is genius
- adding some harmony wouldn't hurt - even if they were just c/ws or album tracks, I'd like to hear songs that resemble the old school Momusu
- more upbeat songs to Ayaya - she doesn't have to go back to kiddy, mature songs can be upbeat, too
- no second Koi no hana with vocal cluster and weird melody to Nacchi

What I'm 100% satisfied with are Berryz Kobo singles.
I don't think good songs would help their image in Japan a lot, though. Iroppoi was a good song imo, but it still didn't sell a lot.

For a long time I've also hoped an actual band was formed of H!P members. It could be Eggs or Country Musume or Ayaka thrown in... The members don't really matter to me because I'm sure I'd start to like them anyway. It'd be a whole new thing for H!P. The unit would be like Zone, a mix of idol and artist - I think there was a name for those but I can't remember what it was. Anyway, this would also be a way for Tsunku to express himself in rock'n'roll. And I think a unit like this *might* make Japan notice that H!P isn't all talentless pretty loli girls. And in the end, it's definitely not impossible to learn to play an instrument. :lol:

I'd start releasing singles with C-ute because I want to hear them, damnit. I'd probably buy their single.

I also wish there was a "permanent" subgroup again. The members don't really matter. Maybe try to attract audience by setting up a competition - putting two subgroups against each other and say that only the one that sells more can continue. Make a show about it or something. I know it'd probably be hard to get more air-time to H!P, but hey, one can always try, right... Anyway, I'd personally find that really interesting, and it'd add some rivalry to Momusu, too.

OMG I COULD GO ON FOREVER ;_;
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 02:18:17 PM »
Quote from: ebc
I want Shibachan to join Biyuden!

Cause she's cool and sexy!

Yes, YES, YES!!!!!

I want v-u-den's music to go back to Nukegara style again.
I want Tanpopo and Pucchi Moni back.
I want them to play stupid games on HM again.
I want v-u-den and MKB to go on tour together.
I want a 4th gen tv show.

Offline Hithnare

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 05:33:56 PM »
Ai T quit, and Miki going solo. yes, thats what I would like :)

Offline JaisBane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 05:35:45 PM »
I only ask for one thing

THE RETURN OF DANCE☆MAN!!!

Offline Ame

• Tsunku's real wife
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 07:33:49 PM »
What would make it better for me would be..

- Tsunku writing better lyrics, because most of the ones he does are just weird.

- Morning Musume having concerts in places besides Hawaii or HK, or just visiting places outside Japan.

- keeping the H!P groups active like Melon Kinenbi.

- More games in Hello! Morning with everyone in H!P, not only Morning Musume.

- NOT HAVING LOW-BUDGET PVs. No more simple backgrounds.

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 07:42:38 PM »
MKB should do an international tour.

Seems like theyre not doing that much anyways. And it doesnt even have to be an elaborate high profile thing. A bunch of small independent bands manage to do the girl groups tour in the us every spring so hp should be able to pull it off.

Like shirenu, Id like to see hp form a real band. But, alas, in reality, imagine instruments played like sayu sings...

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 07:46:40 PM »
I'd like to see more from the older generation of members - Nacchi, Maki, Kaori, Mari and Yuko. They're still around and H!P needs a better feeling of continuity.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 08:12:06 PM »
After the petty stuff, like getting Sayu and Yuko back in a H!M segment, there is only one (1) thing I want reinstated:

A LIVE BAND in H!P concerts!  

That is all.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 08:53:31 PM »
Quote from: Saburo
A LIVE BAND in H!P concerts!

That'd rock so bad. :o

Mr. Moonlight would bring lots of love.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 09:54:55 PM »
I would like to see Yaguchi sing more. And some new ideas to pv's. They've been kinda boring recently.
coot is ctz

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 10:00:24 PM »
Quote from: JaisBane
I only ask for one thing

THE RETURN OF DANCE☆MAN!!!

+1!!!

and what i've always wanted, a live band

Offline Jaci85

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 10:21:46 PM »
-Less of MM being marketed as blatant masturbation fodder. Back in the day they seemed a lot more user friendly. There wasn't a wota/lolicon stigma attached to MM so they could appear in more TV ads and in advertisements. There were also more girl fans and I suspect that there were a lot more sales for that reason. No more bikini PBs, no more risque dances involving skirts and underwear, no more crazy outfits that don't fit the theme of the song. More marketing as "normal girls" and not as these untouchable idol goddesses.

-More attention paid to soloists careers. Ayaya has the right idea, don't only market your songs (on TV, performances, etc), market yourself too. They should be in more commercials, make more appearances, try to do some drama themes. And They should get better songs. No more ballads for a while.

-Re-do MK's image. Make it more of a dance group maybe. I think that last single might have turned a few fans off. Re-do Kaori's image too. And create and image for Kei.

-Except for Berryz, everyone needs better songs. And the girls need to actually sing more instead of relying so much on backing tracks and harmonization built into the karaoke track. There are always backing tracks for Iroppoi, and Chokkan2 for example. And the Kids always have backing tracks. And I know that H!P can harmonize on their own and carry the chorus on their own. I had a feeling that MM didn't actually sing a lot of the chorus of Chokkan2 (the Souda's, the chorus at the very end, etc). So essentially, all they do now is lip synch and look cute.

-Let Ayaka do something!!

-Make Hello Morning more interesting. Can't they invite other stars on there?

-Do something about Makoto's hair.

that is all.

Offline HiME

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 11:34:19 PM »
Quote from: Jaci85
[ALL]

HELL YEAH.

Offline JaisBane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 02:36:37 AM »
Quote from: everfree
Too many concerts in a too recent time, nevermind the fact they use old songs over and over again. Give them like 2 years before another concert, so we get atleast 8 new songs from each group/artist.

Dude, h!p makes the vast majority of its money from concerts, fan club events, and merchandise sold at concerts.  If they only had a tour once every two years then every single would have to go platinum for h!p to remain profitable.  Concerts are the reason why single sales have steadily decreased but h!p's profit margins keep increasing.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2006, 03:40:49 AM »
Quote from: Jaci85

-Make Hello Morning more interesting. Can't they invite other stars on there?

-Do something about Makoto's hair.

-I agree. Invite them over and vs them in something.

-Which one?  :lol:

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 05:21:24 AM »
This is purely personal opinion and I dunno if "better marketing" would be the term for it but I would like to see more H!P girls in doramas. I'm HUGE on dorama-watching and as much as I love Nacchi, Ayaya and Gocchin, it's kinda disappointing that they are the only ones who do get major roles in fairly prominent doramas. I do find myself wondering every now and then as to why I get to see at least one Johnny member doing key roles in every single dorama season there is. Even the REALLY obscure Johnnys Juniors that nobody takes notice of coz they dance backup and do little else. >_<

But H!P appearances on doramas are few and far between and I would love to see more H!P members doing more dorama. That would make H!P better for me. :)

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 05:29:05 AM »
One thing I can currently think of is to allow the girls to perform things outside of singing, in things that they want to do.

For example stage drama, TV dorama, musical drama, instrumental performance, CM, host of shows, sports, etc.
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline JaisBane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2006, 06:43:50 AM »
Quote from: JaisBane
Too many concerts in a too recent time, nevermind the fact they use old songs over and over again. Give them like 2 years before another concert, so we get atleast 8 new songs from each group/artist.

Dude, h!p makes the vast majority of its money from concerts, fan club events, and merchandise sold at concerts.  If they only had a tour once every two years then every single would have to go platinum for h!p to remain profitable.  Concerts are the reason why single sales have steadily decreased but h!p's profit margins keep increasing.

Look at Momusu concerts, they have the same songs as the last concert, as the last last last concert, etc. Don't you find it cheap how their gaining profit every same concert ea. year? They do come up with a new song, but 3/4 songs ea. concert isnt satisfying enough I'd say. But this is an opinion.

ALSO you could say, concerts = decrease in profit, which kinda means fanclub tours and merchandise sells stablelize (sp?) and even increase HP profit margins lol.

I don't think the point of concerts is to hear new songs.  If you want to hear new songs then just listen to the single.  Concerts are about the energy and the performance, the emotional impact is greater and everything is more intense.  H!P songs are meant to be experienced live.  Also, you can't judge a concert on the songlist, you have to judge it on the overall performance and experience it provides.  I don't find it cheap at all that h!p earns their money from concerts, I would actually find it cheap if they didn't because it would mean we were being deprived of a very integral part of the music.  All in all, I found the concerts this year to be very satisfying, even though I don't like the practice of song pooling.  HPP, High Score, Triangle Energy, BariBari, and both grad concerts were excellent.

And no, you couldn't say "concerts = decrease in profit".  That doesn't even make sense.  Tickets are priced to cover the cost of the event by themselves, merchandise just add to that profit.

One last thing, live performances are the lifeblood of any artist.  It's where they earn the majority of their money and where they establish the greatest connection with their fans.  The only artists that can survive without constant touring are those with such large and stable fanbases that the artist doesn't have to do anything except release a single and hold a special concert every few years, The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney come to mind.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo & Matsuzaki Nao - Momen no Handkerchief