JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Machikado -on the corner-

Author Topic: Create Your Dream Festival  (Read 2333 times)

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
Create Your Dream Festival
« on: August 01, 2010, 12:01:58 AM »
So this thread is more for the rock oriented members of the forum, but that shouldnt stop others from participating too.

Anyway, thought it would be fun to make a thread where you planned your dream rock festival (ala RIJ, Fujirock, Rising Sun, lollapalooza, etc). So a few rules to abide by when making your lineups (not to curb your creativity or anything..lol)

- no more than 3 days to your festival.
- no more than 2 main stages
- you can have 1 other special small stage/special tent
- keep your acts realistic; meaning no reunions of bands that have been disbanded for years (unless of course theyve reuninted irl, i.e. X-Japan), keep the general theme of the festival (if its a rock festival, dont randomly throw AKB or SNSD in there -- there are a few acts that cross boundries, and I think we all know who they are)
- be realistic about time, dont make your stage 24hr nonstop performances lol

Post the name of your festival, name your stages, list your lineups and times, and w/e else you want to the public to know about your festival! Like i said, this idea was geared more towards rock festivals, but if you wanna make an idol festival, a kpop festival, an underground hip hop festival, or w/e, do it up!

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Create Your Dream Festival
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 11:54:06 AM »
Hmm...I'd love to see that Wu-Tang vs Rage tour again, shit looked epic with seas of fans.

I gotta think about this but fuck, I'd fucking love to see Rock Da Bells, esp. this year with Wu-Tang in it.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
Re: Create Your Dream Festival
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 09:08:21 AM »
well, since no one else is posting, I guess I'll get the ball rolling.

My first attempt is almost a direct rip off RIJF. It would be called (what else) Ongakumei Music Fest. I'd hold it more in the spring, rather than the middle of summer, maybe towards the end of march. I went with 2 main stages, the TEN stage and the KEI stage lol. also in effect is a small tent known as the BASUGASU tent where more indie and/or kickback acts will play, and after sundown itll be home to DJ sets. On the main stages, the last acts of the night will act as headliners and get 2 hour sets as opposed to the 50 minute sets during the rest of the day. Also, on the 3rd day (mostly cus I had trouble filling up the time slots with bands I wanted to see lol) in the earlier part of the day there will be special unplugged sets from some of the bands that performed on the other 2 days. anyway, here's a spreadsheet of the first annual Ongakumei Music Fest!

would hate actually going to my festival cus i wouldnt be able to watch everything lol...

anyway, cmon guys, lets see what you got!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:30:55 PM by tenkei »

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Machikado -on the corner-