JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy heavenly6 - Papermoon

Author Topic: [CHI] John Woo  (Read 25089 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] John Woo
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2012, 10:32:42 AM »
Somehow I have "Incarcerated Scarfaces" by Raekwon stuck in my head now. :lol:

John Woo to Remake "The Killer" in English     
2012-05-18 15:33:24     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Duanlei

John Woo has agreed to remake his 1980s classic "The Killer" in English, Sina.com reports.

South Korean director John H. Lee will direct the new version alongside the film's producer John Woo. The 1989 version was written and directed by John Woo, and starred Chow Yun-fat, Danny Lee and Sally Yeh. It tells the story of an assassin who accidentally damages the vision of a female singer during a shootout. In order to get the money to pay for the girl's treatment, the assassin decides to perform one last hit.

Chinese actress Li Yan is expected to take the role of the singer. At present, the male leads remain undecided, but it has been rumored that a number of Hollywood's A-list actors are being considered.

John Woo said that "The Killer" was one of his favorite films and he hopes that director Lee and his cast can inject new life into the story. The English version is due to be released next summer.

:doh:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2012, 05:36:24 AM »
STEP YO GAME UP!! and this doesn't mean spending a shitload on 3D CGI shit. WOW thank god John Woo gets a clean bill of health, I heard the rumours.

John Woo: Chinese Films Don't Have Real Blockbusters
2012-07-20 15:52:53        Chinese Films

Acclaimed director John Woo has recovered from the cancer and confirms that he has two projects in hand this year and next, Sina.com.cn reports.

A tumor was discovered in Woo's throat months ago and the director went to Taiwan and America for medical treatment.

"Thanks to the doctors who found the tumor when I was in Beijing," said Woo, "Fortunately the tumor is benign. After a few months' treatment, now I am almost fully recovered."

Woo also thanked his fans who cares much about his condition. "I am grateful. Now my condition is much better and I will take better care of my self."

Woo was filming his latest project "Sheng Si Lian" before he was found ill. He said the shooting would begin at early 2013.

Woo also revealed that this year he would take the helm of a remake of "Le Samourai" (1967), a classic French crime film by Jean-Pierre Melville, as his come-back work to Hollywood.

Talking about the current Chinese film industry, Woo spoke out his own point of view. "Our industry is developing fast," he said, "But we don't have works that can be called blockbusters. There is still much space for us to improve."

By Ma Sicong

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 09:14:21 AM »
HE BACK!! Clean Bill of health, with some sexyy leading ladies:

WOW! she expanding her Asian market reach with another high profile Chinese movie. this time with THE LEGENDARY JOHN WOO

[2013.01.23] ZHANG ZIYI PAIRS UP WITH SONG HYE-KYO FOR JOHN WOO'S LOVE AND LET LOVE

Zhang Ziyi is attending the Dior fashion show in Paris. Earlier she revealed in a Mainland media interview that next month she will work on the John Woo (Ng Yu Sum) directed LOVE AND LET LOVE (SUN SEI LUEN) and be reunited with her THE GRANDMASTERS (YUT DOI JUNG SI) Korean co-star Song Hye-Kyo.

THE GRANDMASTERS as of the 21st made HK$15 million. Playing Gong Er in the film Zhang Ziyi had a lot of screen time and an outstanding role. Song Hye-Kyo who only had a few scenes paled in comparison. Who knew how Ng Yu Sum's LOVE will handle their roles?

Ng Yu Sum originally planned to start work on the Song Hye-Kyo and Chang Chen starred LOVE AND LET LOVE, but because he discovered a tumor in his neck and needed therapy he set aside the project. After treatment and recovery Ng Yu Sum originally decided to remake the French director Jean-Pierre Melville's classic LE SAMOURAI, but finally he decided to make LOVE first. The film will start production in Shanghai after the Lunar New Year.

via hktopten http://hktopten.blogspot.com/2013/01/20130123-zhang-ziyi-pairs-up-with-song.html

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »
Pleeeease. make it happen!

[2013.03.27] NO START DATE SET FOR JOHN WOO'S NEW FILM

International director John Woo (Ng Yu Sum) once stated that he will make the film LOVE AND LET LOVE (TAI PING LUN, which changed its Chinese title to SUN SEI LUEN due to copyright issues). At the time the project was rumored to star Korean star Song Hye-Kyo, Mainland actress Zhang Ziyi and Chang Chen. Yet Ng Yu Sum was recovering from a tumor and the film did not start production. At the recent Hong Kong Entertainment Expo a poster of the film appeared and the film was rumored to start production in May. Ng Yu Sum's assistant revealed that no date has been set for the production start but news will come soon.
Posted by hktopten 

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2013, 11:40:28 PM »
REUNITED!! Whole WORLD Excited!!!!

[2013.06.15] JOHN WOO'S NEW FILM SELECTS TAKESHI KANESHIRO AND HUANG XIAOMING

International director John Woo (Ng Yu Sum) took a break to recover from illness. After five years, LOVE AND LET LOVE recently announced its July production start and confirmed that Takeshi Kaneshiro (Gum Sing Mo) and Huang Xiaoming to be its lead actors opposite lead actresses Zhang Ziyi and Song Hye-Kyo. Originally Song Hye-Kyo was to pair with Chang Chen, but due to scheduling issues he finally turned it down. Xiaoming was not afraid of being the "second choice". When he received the invitation he agreed without any hesitation. He felt that being able to work with Ng Yu Sum would be able to widen his performing art vision. However Xiaoming's manager has been quiet and said that it was inconvenient to make any response.
Posted by hktopten

Who cares about Chang Chen :lol: I WANNA SEE ZHANG AND SONG get it on :fap

Offline ghostface

• ecchi
  • hip hop fiend
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2013, 10:31:31 PM »

John Woo has agreed to remake his 1980s classic "The Killer" in English, Sina.com reports.

South Korean director John H. Lee will direct the new version alongside the film's producer John Woo. The 1989 version was written and directed by John Woo, and starred Chow Yun-fat, Danny Lee and Sally Yeh. It tells the story of an assassin who accidentally damages the vision of a female singer during a shootout. In order to get the money to pay for the girl's treatment, the assassin decides to perform one last hit.

Chinese actress Li Yan is expected to take the role of the singer. At present, the male leads remain undecided, but it has been rumored that a number of Hollywood's A-list actors are being considered.

John Woo said that "The Killer" was one of his favorite films and he hopes that director Lee and his cast can inject new life into the story. The English version is due to be released next summer.

Not sure how I feel about this, classic movie like this being remake doesn't sound like a good idea to me.  Especially an American version.  Hopefully they don't cast someone like Tom Cruise in Chow Yun Fat's role.

Offline ghostface

• ecchi
  • hip hop fiend
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2013, 10:33:59 PM »

oh btw, Raekwon Incarcerated Scarface is great freakin' song.  Now you got me wanting to hear that song again.  :rofl:

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy heavenly6 - Papermoon