JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HeavensDust - Lost Gift

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 993703 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #3100 on: July 31, 2015, 09:06:33 PM »
This is hilarious, a guy was streaming the Rising Thunder alpha and gets super salty over losing a match. So much so that he uninstalls the game :lol:

That awkward moment when you realise you don't even like your speedrunning hobby anymore.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:26:00 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3101 on: August 05, 2015, 12:49:08 AM »
The Gamescom demo for Rise of the Tomb Raider (that name doesn't get any better no matter how many times you say it out loud) was pretty disappointing. I was hoping they would show off the promised focus on tomb exploration. Perhaps what they have doesn't demo well to the dudebro audience watching but still, it doesn't appear too promising to be the Tomb Raider game I imagine in my head.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #3102 on: August 05, 2015, 07:10:31 AM »
Yea they are saying the right things (more complex tombs, huge areas to explore) but the live demos have been all LOOK CINEMATIC GRITTY ACTION!

Quantum break still looks like a lot of fun, and looks like it'll maybe have one of those shows within the game a la Alan Wake? Featuring Littlefinger and Charlie/Merry? lol
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 07:28:06 AM by zoolander »

Offline etranger01

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • alpha to omega & lambda for mame
« Reply #3103 on: August 05, 2015, 10:02:55 PM »
the first one was awesome.

and this will be open-world!

THIS WILL BE GREAT!

もし、モーニング娘。がいなかったら、私達はいったい誰のファンだったのだろう。
もし、モーニング娘。がいなかったら、私達はいったい誰の曲を口ずさんでいたのだろう。

藤代冥砂

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3104 on: August 05, 2015, 11:16:14 PM »
Quantum break still looks like a lot of fun, and looks like it'll maybe have one of those shows within the game a la Alan Wake? Featuring Littlefinger and Charlie/Merry? lol

I believe they're linked. That there's a live action TV show which feeds into events that happen in the game and vice versa. Much more ambitious and not a nice easter egg like Address Unknown from Max Payne. I can't see in my head how the two will work together as has been described, but it could be cool if it works out. Game looks great too.

the first one was awesome.

and this will be open-world!

THIS WILL BE GREAT!

That looks gorgeous. If they can fix certain issues from the first game like less corridors and less enemies with guns, then it's very exciting to think of what ME2 can be.

Dark Souls 3 looks amazing. Back to the DS1 style of quick rolls and movement by the looks of it. Oh I can't wait and after finishing Bloodborne recently, this is the right time to get hyped about it.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3105 on: August 09, 2015, 01:10:44 PM »
Just Cause 3 continues to look like crazy fun

While MGS5 looks so ambitious and so full of content and possibilities that it boggles the mind  :dizzy:

Been playing a lot of Lara Croft and The Temple Of Osiris lately. It may be a Diablo clone but it's more of a Tomb Raider game than the remake. Actual tombs and honest to god puzzles to solve. It's great.

I love this clip. A let's player called DSP (he's terrible in the 'my god how can he be so stupid' sense) was stupid enough to play a Resident Evil game without weapons or healing items at one point and it comes round to fuck him over because he gets locked into a boss fight without them. Then he goes into a rant that it's not his fault, but the game :lol:

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 01:22:12 PM by Tuffty »

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3106 on: August 13, 2015, 05:36:57 PM »
Are there any person excited about WOW: Legion, besides Blizztivision employees?

Warcraft was an RTS series with a lore to love...then it went MMO. Honestly they should've stopped with DLCs after WotLK or Cata, & started working on Warcraft 4.
People don't give fucks about the lore in a 'loot-grind-with-friends' MMO anyways, little wonder the lore of the expansions after WotLK get worse & worse.
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3107 on: August 17, 2015, 12:07:32 AM »
Best feeling in the world is when you take down a helicopter in Battlefield 4 multiplayer with an RPG

Playing a lot of Rocket League lately, particularly 1v1. I'm ok at it, which makes it funnier when other players forfeit matches after I take a 3 goal lead or something. My best win thus far was 14-0.

I enjoyed this match too. Kudos to my opponent for being gracious in a 9-2 defeat XD

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:17:20 AM by Tuffty »

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3108 on: August 21, 2015, 09:54:25 PM »
Wow Zombi (ZombiU ported to other consoles) is a lackluster, mediocre title. I feel sorry for WiiU-only gamers they don't have better alternatives like the Dead Island games or Dying Light.
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #3109 on: August 22, 2015, 04:25:20 AM »
^ Well doesn't taking away the touch pad on the WiiU inherently change how the horror is delivered? I recall seeing fairly positive reviews for when it first game out.

Edit: Despite the screen name, I don't really play horror games.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3110 on: August 23, 2015, 12:19:08 AM »
I only played Uncharted 2 so the news of a collection coming to PS4 was welcome. Seems like they did a good job with it, Bluepoint has a good reputation with other great HD remakes like GOW and MGS. This trailer at least is incredible, completely sold me on getting it.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3111 on: August 23, 2015, 11:25:22 PM »
The Bloody Palace mode in DMC4 is 101 ever increasingly difficult series of levels which you have to clear from start to finish in one sitting. No checkpoints, no items to recover with other that the few green orbs dropped from enemies on occassion. That's it. I tried it earlier and spent two hours doing it, a true test of endurance. I reach the final stage, 101 and it's against Dante. My heart dropped because I knew what was coming and sure enough, Dante completely wrecks me. I was on my way to getting the trophy for beating it in under 2 hours too. I'd like to beat it eventually but I'm definitely going to leave it for a while and hope I find a good strategy to beat Dante. I don't know how anyone can get the trophy for reaching that point and not getting hit at all by him, that's insane.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3112 on: August 30, 2015, 10:36:43 AM »
I was lucky to get MGS5 yesterday. Without giving away much, the opening hour is bonkers, the gameplay so far is just as good as in Ground Zeroes, I'm feeling overwhelmed by the amount of content in the game in the same vein that I feel with The Witcher 3, it looks gorgeous and the selection of 80's music is fantastic. It's pretty great.

Jimmy Kimmel this week did a segment on Youtube gaming and wasn't too kind to it or the people who watch it. Can't say I'm too offended, for one the jokes kind of fell flat which weren't all that offensive in the first place and besides I play games far more than I do watching anyone else. I think it's funny because a lot of people have disliked the video, 3446 likes compared to 40,318 dislikes at the time of writing. I've mentioned it before here but the reason why I watch the likes of Giant Bomb or Game Grumps or Super Best Friends Play is for the people playing them, they're funny. It's essentially a different form of entertainment, which I think is something that was missed from Jimmy's aspect. There are different reasons for people to watch as well, some like the e-sports nature of it, some can't afford every game that comes out and want to see it on Youtube to at least experience it. Anyway, you can see the segment below and judge for yourself.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3113 on: September 01, 2015, 01:55:58 AM »
As someone who would like to play the upcoming Deus Ex game, I hope their plans for pre orders doesn't succeed. Locking off costumes and an additional mission or two is one thing, but to do the same to things like physical goods as well as the release date, is crazy. If it succeeds then you can be sure that Square or other companies will do the same thing. I'll leave it to Jim Fucking Sterling son to talk more about it

To cheer us up, here's a scene from one of the worst games I've played with the player purposefully failing it to show how dumb it is.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #3115 on: September 06, 2015, 09:39:55 AM »
I've never played any of the Forza games (never owned any Xbox), but I'll admit this tribute to racing game history gave me some chills.

ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3116 on: September 06, 2015, 09:39:07 PM »
Metal Gear Solid 5 is so good. Certainly the best playing Metal Gear I feel. Played about 11 hours and only 9% overall completed.  :shocked

It's a great example of game mechanics overlapping with each other to create some fantastic moments. Take this clip for instance, the mission is to extract a prisoner and I do it almost perfectly without being seen. Eventually I do but I remember I planted C4 on a transmitter earlier so I blew it up, preventing the base from calling in reinforcements. I then called the helicopter to come in (to some amazing entrance music btw) and held out until it arrived, where it started giving me support. From there, I was able to lift the prisoner out and run away to extraction with him. None of the above was scripted, just all gameplay flowing well together to create some fantasti, dynamic set piece moments. See for yourself.

It's also still got that trademark weirdness to it. :lol:

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #3117 on: September 07, 2015, 08:31:32 AM »
My recent kickstarter helper was to Shadowrun Hong Kong. Last month they finished and I received a copy of all the release Return, Dragonfall and Hong Kong. I have had a blast going through the games. I've completed  all 3 as a street samurai (fighter/tank) and am working now as a decker(surf the matrix to get data and hack site security kind of the thief/rouge of the group.
Life is one time.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #3118 on: September 08, 2015, 11:24:32 PM »
Not interested in the Halo franchise other than Roosterteeth's Red vs Blue. Watched the cinematic opening to Halo 5. While everyone else is amazed seeing Nathan Fillion as a Spartan (I'll comfess that I was amazed at first), I'm more excited to see Laura Bailey, one of my favorite voice actors, as herself other than voice a character.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=44oJi5w2Wjc

Excuse me while I go back to play either Catherine or Persona 4 to hear her voice again. (She's Rise, BTW)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3119 on: September 19, 2015, 05:17:04 PM »
Sounds like those at Sony have guaranteed some sales for their new VR headset. Why? Because the upcoming Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 3 is VR compatible.

Got Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 on Thursday. Plays like a dream, improving on 2015 which to me is one of the best football games ever. Haven't got fully stuck into Master League yet, but will do eventually. Giving each game mode some proper playtime this time round, so gonna try and just win tournaments. Playing as Gamba Osaka at the minute to try and win the AFC Champions League and just qualified out of the group stages so I'm hoping to continue on and win it! What sucks for anyone starting it is that the squads aren't fully updated and because of licensing issues the Premiership/Championship kits are completely wrong. The latter you can't do anything about until a patch comes in which I think is next week, but as for the kits, it used to be easy solved by downloading an option file where someone created the kits themselves which could be applied to the teams, but that's not possible for PS4. So I downloaded the images and spent close to 2 hours last night manually updating each Premiership team with the right name, stadium name, manager, kits etc  :bleed eyes: Had to be done though, the defaults colors were terrible.  Arsenal played in orange and West Ham in green FFS. Worth it too, because the modder did a great job with the kits and the teams look amazing now.

Applied to see if I can be part of the network stress testing for Dark Souls 3 next month. Will find out on Tues if I've been chosen. Though I would for the craic, plus I get to play it before anyone else!

Another close fought 1v1 Rocket League match here. To be fair, I was lucky, but then so was he and the difference was I took my chances to make it a draw and then that bullshit happens on kick off in overtime which made me win straight away. So it's pretty funny to have my opponent at the end write that he was better than me when he actually wasn't :lol:

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HeavensDust - Lost Gift