JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Exile - Touch the Sky (feat. Bach Logic)

Author Topic: The ‘Hero’ lives again!  (Read 4159 times)

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
The ‘Hero’ lives again!
« on: April 28, 2006, 06:14:20 PM »
I didn't know where else to put this but this is something that I MUST scream about this so...

http://ikimasshoi.jphip.net/index.php/archives/336

YES~!!! ^o^ IT IS HERE!!! ^o^ It is FINALLY here!!! I have been waiting FIVE YEARS for this and YES!!! ^o^ HERO SPECIAL!!! YATTA~!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Out of ALL the doramas that I have watched, 'HERO' was and still is my absolute FAVE!! ^o^ It is just AWESOME!! ^o^ The ENTIRE cast is FANTASTIC!! ^o^ I've watched it 9 times and I think I'll go watch it again now coz I am SO HAPPY!!! ^o^

I LURVE HERO!!! ^o^

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

*cough* sorryforthegushing...

:yay:

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
The ‘Hero’ lives again!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 01:54:38 AM »
Quote from: suki*
I didn't know where else to put this but this is something that I MUST scream about this so...

http://ikimasshoi.jphip.net/index.php/archives/336

Wow, that is amazing news, it's official!?
Hero was without a doubt, one of the best J-Dramas ever, and the chemistry between these two is just amazing, can't wait till July!

Offline joeboygo

• ecchi
The ‘Hero’ lives again!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 02:58:13 AM »
Did you folks see the ending of the special? He's back, and the original cast was all there. So does this mean another season? Any announcements?

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
The ‘Hero’ lives again!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 07:42:15 AM »
Oh yeah~ Kuryu's back~!! ^o^ That was THE BEST part of the whole special!! ^o^

I was HOPING that there would be another round of the dorama in the winter season coz hey!! Kuryu's Kuryu with THAT JACKET right? :P But nah... Takkun's scheduled to appear with Matsushima Nanako then so hmm... Might have to wait a bit more to see what FujiTV says. :P

I'm REALLY hoping that they get a season two though. IMHO, the dorama was REALLY REALLY awesome!! :panda_love:

Offline joeboygo

• ecchi
The ‘Hero’ lives again!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 04:31:29 AM »
Fuji should make a second season for both Hero and Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. I hope I don't have to wait as long for a Kekkon special, but I was surprised how the original cast of Hero did not seem to have aged at all, since it's been, what, almost half a decade. They even have the original set and props. I'll bet they've been wanting to do it all along, but Kimura has been too busy, and all they could manage is a special.

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
The ‘Hero’ lives again!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 08:29:53 AM »
I was actually quite surprised myself that with how open-ended the dorama series came to a close, the special didn't come any sooner. I do think that there will be a second season though. The earmarks were there! His return to Tokyo to serve in the same section, them having raised the issue of his apparently blown relationship with Amamiya and the lack of explanation thereof...

Tonikaku, they had BETTER have a second season! I WANT MORE 'TAKAKO X TAKUYA' ACTION~!! :x

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
The ‘Hero’ lives again!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 07:26:31 PM »
OMG I'm late!

I downloaded the SP, after going on a roll with Densha Otoko and Ns Aoi. To be honest I thought the plot got a little slow at parts of the SP. I think that was mostly because of the different cast. But, I dunno. If there was a second season it'd be the awesomest thing ever, because Takuya Kimura and Takako Matsu have the best on-screen chemistry I've ever seen.

Offline hydeusrey

The ‘Hero’ lives again!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 08:58:54 AM »
wow!! great!! HERO is back!! I really loved this dorama. at first, there was rumour that they want to make long vacation 2nd season, but Takuya rejected the offer coz he doesn't like to played in a sequel.. dunno why.. and when HERO news is up, I thought he's gonna rejected it again, but no! he's no! and takako didn't too! great! I just love them :D

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
The ‘Hero’ lives again!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 09:55:00 AM »
Purveyors of this series will be happy to know that a continuation of the drama series WILL take place!! ^o^ BUT! It won't be on the google box...

'HERO' is going up on the big screen~!! ^o^

If you were like me, i.e. completely unsatisfied with how the special was coz of the lack of the original cast... You will be MOST PLEASED to know that the majority of the original cast to the drama series has been CONFIRMED for the movie~!! ^o^

So YES!! We're not only gonna get Kimura Takuya + Matsu Takako, we're getting Abe Hiroshi, Otsuka Nene and Katsumura Masanobu as well~!! ^o^

Ohh~!! Happy times await~!! :panda_love: :panda_love: :panda_love:

Oh! Almost forgot... The movie is scheduled to premiere sometime in September 2007 so watch out for it~!! :panda_love:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The ‘Hero’ lives again!
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 10:00:10 AM »
WHAT? Like actual movie screen movie? WOO HOO! Not some sorta guest appearance, but actual story...keep me posted suki~! This was actually one of  the few dramas I liked and managed to follow in the 21st century :lol:

Offline joeboygo

• ecchi
The ‘Hero’ lives again!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 05:44:52 AM »
Holy moly Batman! Magnificent news. I bet if the movie does well, a new series won't be far behind. Fuji Terebi is desperate for hits nowadays, and there's no surer fire bet than Hero 2. If I'm not mistaken, no trendy dorama has ever broken Hero's 34% viewership rating, desho?

Edit: Ok, I just checked. The special scored a rating of 30%. This strongly indicates that the same huge crowd that tuned in for the original will be around for the sequel. In an age where Fuji should consider itself lucky when something breaks the 20% barrier, a Hero sequel and its almost guaranteed 30% audience share is a no-brainer.

I am almost certain now that a new season has already been cooked up, they just haven't gotten around to announcing it yet.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 05:58:46 AM by joeboygo »

Offline GTO_MM

• Member+
The ‘Hero’ lives again!
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 02:28:26 PM »
when the movie will be release ...

I love Kuryu character's ...
but Kimutaku is getting older n older ... XD

credit: straw-chan

Breakthrough .... Ima Koko de Sakebuzee !!!

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The ‘Hero’ lives again!
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 05:29:34 AM »
Just downloaded "Hero Aruyo" off of D-Addicts.  Special that aired to show some info on the movie with loads of behind-the-scenes footage.  Hero Aruyo (D-Addicts)

On a side note, I got a kick outta this preview shot since I live in Florida:

« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 05:33:38 AM by LaJon »

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Exile - Touch the Sky (feat. Bach Logic)