JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Burger Nuds - Fukanshou

Author Topic: The Happiest Place On Earth [Disney and Imagineering]  (Read 47636 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: The Happiest Place On Earth [Disney and Imagineering]
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 01:19:18 AM »
The Disney Parks Blog did a post featuring Halloween photos from Tokyo Disneyland. Check out these guest costumes, awwww ^____^ I love how Japanese people just embrace their inner Disney-dork and go all out when visiting the parks :heart:

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 11:30:05 PM »
It's Christmas time in Disneyland Paris...

Spacemountain by EfromG-3, on Flickr

Spookhuis by EfromG-3, on Flickr

Untitled by EfromG-3, on Flickr

*o* So pretty~

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 10:29:15 PM »
It's Walt Disney's birthday today~! He was born on this day in 1901~

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 08:14:15 PM »
It's Christmas time in Disneyland Paris...

Spacemountain by EfromG-3, on Flickr

Spookhuis by EfromG-3, on Flickr

Untitled by EfromG-3, on Flickr

*o* So pretty~

So beautiful! *O*

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2010, 12:27:32 PM »
Interesting article about Disney queue design!

Left: Pirates queue top down view. Middle: Pirates queue with walls removed. Right: typical traditional switchback queue
(Red arrows indicate direction of pedestrian travel)

Disney's main innovation and departure in 1955 was to replace the traditional "back wall" with, in fact, no wall and a beautifully designed manufactured landscape. Trompe l'oeil becomes terrain, the "scenic switchback". The earliest example of this may be the Jungle Cruise, but I think the most beautiful one is the Matterhorn Bobsleds, which is an exciting, fascinating wait in line by virtue of... yodeling music and manufactered rocks.

But for all that, honestly, we don't think of Disney's best queues as being plain switchbacks, even if they secretly are. If we cut the roof off the Florida Pirates of the Caribbean queue and look in, we'll see that the switchbacks are unpredictable because they wrap behind walls and around scenes, they're actually pretty much just like what still graces the front of Snow White's Scary Adventures (see below). Even the beautifully linear Space Mountain and Indiana Jones Adventure queues eventually reach switchback areas, just not immediately or obviously. These queues, the "secret switchbacks", are a later innovation on the part of Disney and are what is generally thought of as the "themed queue", atmospheric treks which set up some component of place or atmosphere, indicators of an advanced state of themed design. In the context of Disney-designed attractions, this mode was more or less invented for the Florida Pirates of the Caribbean, although Disney did not always use it for every attraction. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, for example, is more or less a simple "scenic switchback" queue, at least in the original design of the attraction (built in Florida in 1979).
The Third Queue

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 06:08:25 PM »
More pictures from Disneyland Paris covered in snow~

The It's A Small World clock is wearing a santa hat! Awwww~ :D

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 12:45:21 AM »
WOW! it's almost like they built the snow onto the rides :lol:

The way they get people parked always impressed me, so fluid.

I've heard people say "I've been to ______ Disneyland, I don't need to go to this Disneyland" I say FUCK DAT! Check out the Hong Kong light show for XMAS:

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 01:48:38 AM »
OMG Mickey and Minnie talking Chinese... :lol: Aaaaah. That's so sweet, though :D I really don't know much about the Hong Kong park, so thanks a lot for sharing that!

I've heard people say "I've been to ______ Disneyland, I don't need to go to this Disneyland" I say FUCK DAT!

Yeah! I know Disneyland are described as a "non-place" because it's essentially the same wherever you're at (so as long as you're in the park, you're not supposed to be able to tell what country it's in, and if you go to a different park you should be able to navigate it without any trouble/know exactly what to expect, because the parks should be the same). But the parks differ from each other a lot and they all have their own character despite having almost identical layouts and attractions. I've been to three different ones (four if you count DisneySea), and they all felt different from each other. I didn't walk around confused thinking I was in Tokyo Disneyland when I was in Disneyland Paris, and yes I was familiar with the basic layout of how the park is split up, but I couldn't walk over to my favourite attraction without looking at a map. There are differences. And though some parades and stuff will be the same for several of the parks, more likely than not, the parks will have different parades.

Also the different cultures have a lot to say about how the parks are run.

Anyway, I thought I'd look up Tokyo Disneyland's Christmas shows and parades, here's what they have to offer this season;

Disneyland Christmas Fantasy~

Christmas Parade: White Holiday Parade

Twinkling Christmas Castle

Also a bunch of activities and several Christmas themed stage shows, but the ones listed above are the main events.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 11:47:43 AM »
And something completely different. This popped up on the official Disney facebook page :lol:

Great little remix!

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 12:50:00 AM »
Ooh, yeah I should post this here too~ Another Disney Time episode featuring a H!P member. Yossi~~~!

They check out the Silhouette Studio at World Bazaar, and watch the Electrical Parade (where Yossi tries to convince Prince Charming to give the glass slipper to her :lol: )

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2010, 07:43:43 PM »
Christmas in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom (Florida)

I love how that actually looks Christmas-y without there being any snow!

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 12:27:44 PM »
I thought I'd look up Tokyo Disneyland's special Christmas themed goods.... wish I hadn't... I WANT THIS STUFF, NOOOO ;_____;!

(see rest of the special Christmas items here)

You can also make your own Christmas lockets!

(more info here)

And they have a whole collection of snow man and ginger bread themed goods too! ;___;!!

(see the whole collection here)

And of course DisneySea has a completely different set of Christmas goods 8D; Aaaaugh~ Their main Christmas event is called "Christmas Wishes".

(see the rest here)

You can make your own message rings! *o*

(more info here)

And there are special Christmas Duffy goods too~

(complete collection here)

I wonder if the Christmas goods are as nice as these in the other parks. The merchandise available at the Paris park really disappointed me when I was there, and I only brought back a white souvenir cap from Disney World in Florida, so I guess the merch there didn't impress me that much either... but the Tokyo parks *o* .... I've got so much merch from the Tokyo parks XD;;;;;

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 10:41:40 PM »
Official Disney Parks Blog did another picture post from Tokyo Disneyland~ :heart: Showing off some of their elaborate Christmas decorations *o*

And two from DisneySea~

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 10:20:08 PM »
Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle

Picture by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

*O*

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2010, 03:04:05 AM »
if thsi is the wrong place to put this then sorry ^^;
idk why it took me so long to find this place...but im happy i did now X3 i've been to disney world about 5 times throughout my life so far and i've been to all 4 parks atleast once(magic kingdom being more than once XD), and i've been to disney land in paris once. My most recent time wasthis year on the last day of march/the 1st day of may, why do i say that? mostly cus it was grad night ^^;

it was the most spectacular time i've ever had...having the park just be "empty" abd filled with teens was pretty fun and i was able to go on spacew mt. like 5 times from the time i was there XD i know thats never ever happening again, but one thing that really stuck to me was the fire works show that they held at midnight. it was 10 min. of just pure fireworks and i took a crapload of pics XD this being just one of the many.

i seriously wanna go to tokyo disney one day and i will make sure that it comes true!
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2010, 03:09:58 AM »
Omgggg :heart: No no, this is the thread to babble about Disney parks love~!! Feel free to share more pictures~! 8DDD

Grad night at Disneyland :O Wow, I would have died. Sounds awesome! That's a great fireworks picture *o*

What's your favourite attraction? :D

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2010, 04:08:20 AM »
lol ok^^ i will maybe tomorrow since there's alot of fireworkness XD and big sized pics

it was disney world in fl since i live in miami and thats where my highschool was as well XD the trip getting there as well as being there as well as getting back was all fun^^; we left the school at 12pm, got there by 7pm and didnt leave until 1am XD we didnt get back at the school until 8 in the morning^^; noone wanted to leave and we even found out that some kids at other schools got to stay for 2 days >.> XD the only thing that sucked was we couldnt go through the catsle cus of the stage for the performaces and i really wanted to >3> plus it was one of my close friend's 1st time ever going there so i showed her that place like i lived there and i kept telling her how lucky she was that we went when there was no huge crowds and a bunch of kids XD plus i took a pic with micky and goofy and spazzed to the max when i saw him XD i told him he was so cute and i got to kiss him on the nose~X3 i turn into such a kid when i see disney characters XD

my fave atraction? wow thats kinda hard^^; i'd have to say the buzzlighter ride in tomorrow land, space mountian, splash mountian, thunder mountian, its really hard for me to choose^^;*is highly indesive*

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2010, 11:22:59 PM »
Yay, yay :D and yeah, I can tell from the picture that it's Magic Kingdom and not Disneyland :nervous *dork* I just tend to call all the parks Disneyland, because I' easily excited like that :lol:

Whaa, I feel I'm kind of envious toooo xD Wish I lived close-ish to a Disney park!

Splash Mountain :heart:

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2010, 01:54:36 AM »
here's 3 more of  the fireworks^^; i counted how many pics i took and it was like 42 pics^^; so theres no way im posting that many XD but yeah here they are^^

the last one is like epic of all epics for me XD it was near to the end of the fireworks so like of couse in pure disney fashion end it with trillions at once XD and i didnt even notice until i uploaded these into my computere that some kid was recording infront of me XD still makes it epic^^; its like "captuing capturing the moment."XD

lol its ok we all get excited X3 i still do even when i see the disney store in the mallXD like eventhough im 19 i love to act like a kid^^; to the point that the ppl in my family are all "wtf u need to grow up"(yet im like 20trillion times mature than my cousins that they idolize >.>)

just cus u live close to disney doesnt mean your able to go^^; i've only gone really durring the summer where like its most full(minus grad night) but i really would love to go during christmas timeXD i dont care how cold it is im going one day XDDD one of my friends said that er should do that once we're a bit older, just road trip to disney and go furing winter break^^; XD

splash mt is epicz~ but i knew i forgot a ride! i love the hotel in mgm....god i forgot the name! D:

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2010, 11:36:49 AM »
^
Tower of Terror? (It's called Hotel Hightower at DisneySea, but I know the backstory for their version is different from the American one <,<; ). Tower of Terror is amazing, even though it leaves me shaking like a leaf xD; It's definitely my favourite free fall ride ever :D

THOSE ARE AMAZING PICTURES *o* You can really feel the energy and epicness :D

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a Disney dork. Don't let people who tell you to stop get to you~ I'm 24 and I don't see myself getting out of Disney parks fandom any time soon :lol:

I find it really inspirational and sweet when the official Disney parks blog posts stories like the one about the family who just celebrated their 45th Christmas Eve in a row at Disneyland. Amazing *o* There's nothing wrong with keeping Disney close to your heart even when you've gotten older~ ^__^v

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Burger Nuds - Fukanshou