JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Chase!!!

Author Topic: Be Like Jabronisaur Day II (July 16, 2011)  (Read 28311 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Be Like Jabronisaur Day II (July 16, 2011)
« on: July 11, 2011, 09:26:13 AM »
Be Like Jabronisaur Day II (July 16, 2011)
~Good Deeds, Spreading Love, Be Positive~

In memory of Tim Marks, Be Like Jabronisaur Day (July 16, 2011) CONTINUES! to pay tribute to our homie Jabronisaur by Doing Good Deeds, Spreading Love, Being Positive~ just like he was in real life and online at JPHiP.com

See last year's thread.

We lost Jabronisaur two years ago on July 16, 2009 - right after our successful meet up at Anime Expo, where JPHiP pimped like no other, gathering 30+ in a room at a time, meeting dozens more along the way. At the forefront, was Jabronisaur whom as a member of the Crack Staff, broke down barriers and mingled with fans from all over the world and net - making them feel like family. He exemplified what it was to be a HiPster, and made us so proud he was just one of our homies.

WERD IS BOND. And prove to Jab he will never be forgotten by paying tribute to everything he stands for!! :jphip:

The When & How You start July 16, 2011, 12 AM your time. Do as many Good Deeds, Acts of Love and Positivity towards your fellow HiPsters, friends, family, and random strangers as possible! Post about it in this thread and everywhere to help keep the "Be Like Jabronisaur Day" movement going!

It doesn't matter how big or small. Examples can be like praising someones thread or post with constructive feedback, being nice in IRC, helping an old lady with the door, giving time to charity, making people feel part of the community by asking them how they are - stuff Jabronisaur did in his every day life.

Our goal is to have the spirit of Jabronisaur live on forever with every good deed we do, in a positive loving action and for this to be an annual JPHiP Event.

This year. I add a twist:

I CHALLENGE HiPSTAZ TO REACH 1,000 GOOD DEEDS BY JULY 16th FOR JAB!

WHO IS DOWN!? We made a thread inspired by Be A Jab day in HiP Joint to challenge one another....now let us gather our collective POSITIVE ENERGY and LIVE UP TO THE LEGEND!! Visit http://jphip.com/jabronisaur to learn about THE MAN!

OUR HOMEBOY JABRONISAUR, FOREVER REMEMBERED.

eta: speaking to Jab's Mom on the phone, on July 12, 2011....she sends this message to :hipheart:

Quote from: Jab's Mom

Subject: Fw: Thank you to JPHiP

I  wrote this last year, I was a wreck.  I thought I had sent it but later found it still in  my draft folder.  I held onto it because time has not changed much for me, it still feels like he should be here.  It still is not real.  I have things of his that I don’t know what to do with.  I know that it will get better but for now it still hurts more than I can say.  God Bless you all for your friendship and love for Tim.  Thanks for keeping his memory alive.   He would be so proud but he would say he doesn’t deserve it  he was a very humble man with such a sweet spirit.  Thanks again.

Monday, July 19, 2010 12:31 AM
Subject: Thank you to JPHiP

A Great Big thank you to daigong @JPHiP.com for the gourmet cookies he sent.  The message on the package "Missing you every day Tim."  "Jabronisaur lives on through JPHiP.com.  We'll make you proud!"  I didn't see this mentioned in the good deeds done (ie; sent cookies to Tim's family in remembrance).
These are my thoughts. ( I just think that Tim would have been on those cookies like white on rice.)  What an incredibly thoughtful thing to do.
I could not stop crying as I read the messages one after the other.  I will treasure these tributes from each of you for a very long time.  I listened all day Friday and into the night to the replay of his shows.  It was like a visit with him.  So sweet and sad its so hard to believe he is gone.  But we will see him again.   

A lot of the comments ended with "wherever you are..."  Tim was a Christian, he believed in Jesus and accepted Him as his Savior,  because of that his sins were forgiven; past, present and future.  Tim did not die, his spirit went to heaven.  We believe this because the Bible says; "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."  So we know that he is in heaven and we will see him again.

Tim’s Mom

We'll be re-running Jabronisaur's radio show "Beware the JabberJocky!" all day Saturday July 16th, starting 630AM EST and if you want to drop a message feel free to record and PM to daigong.

eta:
JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE with Jab's brother Chuck. He's throwing an extra incentive, he's giving away

THE JABBERJOCKY'S MICROPHONE TO THE MOST DESERVING MEMBER  :jphip:

and also two of Jab's anime/samurai style shirts, like a kimono silk/polyester.

so HiPstaz STEP YO GAME UP!! Let's see who can do the most / best / quality good deeds on BE LIKE JABRONISAUR DAY II

He also sends his thanks and appreciation to everyone's well wishes and messages. God has taken him to a better place.

GOT A MESSAGE? Record it and daigong will play it on the radio

ALSO. He wanna hang with peeps in Atlanta's DRAGONCON so holla and I'll send his info, but I will post more about that later...

Thank yous to The Crack Staff - Masa, shirenu, lollipopgirl, tamatron - and kuno_thunder for the brainstorming. We got inspiration from Jaeson Ma's 365 Days of Love and Amy Crawford's Good Deed Day, and just the general need to bring a day to honor Jab in the most positive way.

:hipheart:
One Love.

The JPH!P Crack Staff

* The footage you see is from July 3, 2009 - at the Downtown Sheraton Hotel in Los Angeles, CA - when we were crashing the Hello! Party.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:13:59 PM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Be Like Jabronisaur Day II (July 16, 2011)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 08:37:12 AM »
This afternoon missed a call at work and the ID said "Chuck" aka Jab's brother and I was wondering "Hmm? probably to talk about our tribute to his brother."

BUT WHOA. When I called back, I never really expected to be talking to his Mom. This would be the first time speaking to her since she told me Jab was in the hospital. She said that she had saw that we were doing "Be Like Jabronisaur Day" II and wanted to thank me for keeping his memory alive and I was like without a doubt, this is and will forever be a time honoured tradition where we pay tribute to this great man known as Jab. That our messages and tributes to Jab, and revealing what an amazing person he was online really helped them through the difficult times. And I told her likewise, when we get stories of Tim Marks the man in real life. It really does not surprise me at all that he was equally as humble and kind.

Seriously. I cannot thank HER and the Marks Family enough for allowing a brother like Jab to be part of this JPH!P Family. Raising such a wonderful human being. She said that she had an email that she had not sent, because she was not great with computers - and that Jab was always there to help her. She was staying strong with the power of God, but it really is still hard to accept two years later. Just missing his physical being can be so hard, especially since she had lost her older son a year before.

We got real emotional, like she was tearing up, me choking up. It had really caught me off guard because I expected "Chuck" his brother - but it really gives me the feeling that hey, I'm doing something right here. There's no replies, responses but dammit, I am going to represent and tell the world of what Jabronisaur meant to JPHiP Community.

Jab's family really follow what goes on at the JPH!P so I do I encourage everyone to drop a message. She even said that his brother and father (they live 2 hrs away) really wanted to join the next World Tour, they thought it was in Atlanta somehow. Maybe saw me mention it in JPHiP Facebook? but I said BRING IT! And likewise, when I get the means, I'd want to go down and visit them too. She brought up the fact Ping had came to visit shortly after Jab's passing, and I said yes. That's my brother from NYC driving all the way down. We FAM like that.

They taped the replay of the radio show (which I will do again, and add new tribute messages) listening to it over and over, just amazed at the new world that he devoted so much of his later life to. They had no idea what an influence he was to us.

Been digesting it all in, telling me like she still has all his stuff and doesn't know what to do, said I was welcome to come anytime.

These are the reasons why JPH!P is above and beyond the best community out there. If we can make a difference in someone's life, the reward is priceless. This is what we learned from Jabronisaur and I hope the future generations of HiPstaz learn from him.

I made her chuckle that "If I have to do 999 good deeds myself, to honour Jab, I will." but fo realz. She mentioned that she saw the post about ChrNo passing, and I said that there has we have lost 3 great members in our history, but we rise up and live our life strong to honour them.

This is the message she sent me shortly after we hung up, a good 15 minutes or so...

Quote from: Jab's Mom

Subject: Fw: Thank you to JPHiP

I  wrote this last year, I was a wreck.  I thought I had sent it but later found it still in  my draft folder.  I held onto it because time has not changed much for me, it still feels like he should be here.  It still is not real.  I have things of his that I don’t know what to do with.  I know that it will get better but for now it still hurts more than I can say.  God Bless you all for your friendship and love for Tim.  Thanks for keeping his memory alive.   He would be so proud but he would say he doesn’t deserve it  he was a very humble man with such a sweet spirit.  Thanks again.

Monday, July 19, 2010 12:31 AM
Subject: Thank you to JPHiP

A Great Big thank you to daigong @JPHiP.com for the gourmet cookies he sent.  The message on the package "Missing you every day Tim."  "Jabronisaur lives on through JPHiP.com.  We'll make you proud!"  I didn't see this mentioned in the good deeds done (ie; sent cookies to Tim's family in remembrance).
These are my thoughts. ( I just think that Tim would have been on those cookies like white on rice.)  What an incredibly thoughtful thing to do.
I could not stop crying as I read the messages one after the other.  I will treasure these tributes from each of you for a very long time.  I listened all day Friday and into the night to the replay of his shows.  It was like a visit with him.  So sweet and sad its so hard to believe he is gone.  But we will see him again.   

A lot of the comments ended with "wherever you are..."  Tim was a Christian, he believed in Jesus and accepted Him as his Savior,  because of that his sins were forgiven; past, present and future.  Tim did not die, his spirit went to heaven.  We believe this because the Bible says; "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."  So we know that he is in heaven and we will see him again.

Tim’s Mom

...really just made me even more determined than ever to keep Jab's legacy and all The Legends of JPH!P going strong. marimari Pangya golf tourney is scheduled for the end of the month on July 30th. And ChrNo's birthday July 31st is when we will drop JKM JPH!P Remix with more special verses, and there is a huge package of Berryz Goodz I intend to send to her. That is why we keep doing what we do. Like I don't care if we have like 10 visitors and dem other sites rolling in the billions, as long as we have each other, the memories - good and the bad, we keep on growing as FAM. The time I hung in the trenches with Jab and the HiPstaz outweighed the one second glance Takhashi Ai gave us. It is dem connections I made with everyone here that has made the difference.

And when someone asks you what JPH!P is about, this is just what I tell em :jphip:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 01:52:22 AM »
JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE with Jab's brother Chuck. He's throwing an extra incentive, he's giving away

THE JABBERJOCKY'S MICROPHONE TO THE MOST DESERVING MEMBER  :jphip:

and also two of Jab's anime/samurai style shirts, like a kimono silk/polyester.

so HiPstaz STEP YO GAME UP!! Let's see who can do the most / best / quality good deeds on BE LIKE JABRONISAUR DAY II

He also sends his thanks and appreciation to everyone's well wishes and messages. God has taken him to a better place.

GOT A MESSAGE? Record it and daigong will play it on the radio

ALSO. He wanna hang with peeps in Atlanta's DRAGONCON so holla and I'll send his info, but I will post more about that later...

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 02:01:02 AM »
Oh my god,I can't believe how many members on this forum have died. Bad stuff always(mostly) happens to good people.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 12:26:11 PM »
Oh my god,I can't believe how many members on this forum have died. Bad stuff always(mostly) happens to good people.

Like my homie Rei-chan told me, "JPH!P is a large yet very close community. In large forum communities there is bound to be people with all sorts of issues.....In most large forums, things like this surely happen too, but most people won't find out because they're not close like JPH!P. But we're all a family, so we find out when a tragedy happens to someone, and we mourn it together."

So even tho Jab is not with us, it's like Chuck told me, he's in a better place - God took him there for better and greater missions. We are truly blessed to have been shared such a great man in Tim Marks.

Here's to Jab :JD: I miss you every single day, here's to a new Generation of HiPstaz following in your footsteps and bringing that goodness to everyone. I hope to see everyone STEP THEY GAME UP and we'll see fit who wins the prizes Chuck has to offer!!

BEWARE OF THE JABBERJOCKY MARATHON IN 5 MINUTES. http://radio.jphip.com

If you need any ideas, check out this website: http://www.peopleforgood.ca

Studies show that when you do something nice for someone, it gives you a natural high that can last for weeks, even months.

So get out there and make a difference in someone's life! FOR JABBY!  :jphip:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 09:01:51 PM »

got an email from Dean aka Jab's childhood friend. Telling me that he too is tuned in :thumbup And that he did good deeds too :)

I forgot to mention that my deed for by like Jab day is to give more money to the Japanese Relief fund in Tim's name. The shock of Tim's death has also inpired me to make other positive changes in my life over the past 3 months or so since I found out. I feel in some way that I'm living for both of us now. I know that sounds corny, but I was very close to him growing up.

KEEP THE BE LiKE JAB MovEMENT GoiNG!!! Thanks everyone for tuning in as well.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 05:11:20 AM »
JABBY  :heart:  Can't believe it's been 2 years already and that it still feels so unreal. His mom's messages are so beautiful. I wish that God can provide his family with the much needed strength and peace, especially around these days which must be so difficult.

Man, listening to his shows, just heard him advertising our Hello! Ongaku show and my Reisei Chinchaku   :heart:

I miss him  :heart:  We'll never forget you Jabby!

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Be Like Jabronisaur Day II (July 16, 2011) WiNNERS
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 07:10:52 AM »
Thanks everyone for tuning in!!

THE WINNERS of Chuck's prize pack

Anime Style Kimono Shirts: Tuffty + PikaPikaPika
The Jabberjocky Microphone: Rei-chan

For exemplifying the Jab Spirit every single a day. And Jab would want Rei to have his mic, I know a bro  :pimp:

PM your infos to daigong so I can send to Chuck to send to you ASAP.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 07:37:19 AM »
This really means a lot to me, thank you so much to Chuck, and thank you so much Dai for choosing me.

T0FU and myself both miss Jab very much, he was always a dedicated listener to our radio show when we first started back in 2008 and helped us out a lot since we were so nervous and inexperienced. He didn't even mind that (at that time) we were doing anime music, in fact he even said he was a little relieved because he always wanted to do game music by itself and just played anime music to fill up the time. I'm not sure if he was just being kind, haha but I always appreciated that, and I did try to keep the show as different as possible from his, but now, I do try to play a mix of both anime and game music, to try and keep the spirit of Jab's show going, and we will continue to do that for as long as possible.
Jab was and forever will be our number 1 listener and I feel like he was a big brother to us.

I'm going to treasure his shirt, and take good care of it. I'll wear it every week when we do the show :)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 11:11:23 AM »
I honestly never thought I would win so this is very surprising for me. It goes without saying, but I just want to thank you Daigong for selecting me, thanks to the Crack staff for brainstorming it and thank you to Chuck as well for offering the prize in the first place.

When I first came to JPH!P, Jab was already an established name here and I know he was super friendly to all newcomers and did his part to make JPH!P what it is. I want to do the same. :)

Offline shainingj

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ IshiYoshi ~ No doubt about their friendship
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 11:28:07 AM »
that's so sweet of you daigong.
remembering and honoring a member of jphip.
hearing from a family member, much more his mom is much sweeter.
too bad, wasn't able to tune in.
But i'll support you dai on your endeavor.
Let's us make the...KEEP THE BE LiKE JAB MovEMENT GoiNG!!!...everyday.
and you really made an impact on me by delurking in this forum.
JPHIP for life and to jab, marimari, Pangya and ChrNo your memories will always be remember!!! 

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 09:08:30 PM »
Thank you everyone for participating and remembering Jab on this day. The positive emotions has a huge impact on Jab's Family and Friends.

Hey, if we can reach out to one person like you shainingj :heart: our job is complete. This is why we keep doing what we do at :hipheart: July is a month that we got hit hard by the losses of two of our dear members, and even the birthday of another...but this is also a month we built great memories, our pink ass logo was introduced and we have continuously built strong ties via the many Anime conventions/meet ups. We keep getting stronger with love we have for each other.

Congrats again to Tufft, pikapikapika, and Rei-chan. Y'all deserve it :)

Here's me jumping on the mic to announce/wrap up the show:  http://www.mediafire.com/?3f7736ql04kaa8u

I just sent an email to Chuck , and REMEMBER if you are in the Atlanta area for Dragoncon, meet up with him to tell him in person. More details here in the World Tour thread:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=1046.msg917425#msg917425

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 03:04:58 AM »
Awesome stuff, I unfortunately missed yesterday's activities. Great seeing everything that went down and the prizes, JPHIP is awesome in remembering it's members that have passed which is great! I remember Jab from listening into his radio shows and in the irc, the JabberJocky put on some awesome shows, took requests, and was great to talk with in IRC, definitely a positive person which is something I love about JPHIP. I made a donation to GlobalGivingJapan in honor of Be Like Jabronisaur Day II, congrats to the winner's of Chuck's prize pack, much love to Tim's friends and family, great to see him being remembered by those who loved him! I'm not as active  as I used to be, but it's things like this that I come to expect and always look forward to when stopping by JPHiP!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 07:55:03 AM »
Thank you man, we all think of Jab every day no doubt about it. Chuck told me that Jab's dad recorded the show because he was at work. And here's to y'all meeting up with him at Dragoncon!! MINIWHEAT :D

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 03:58:19 PM »
AWW YEAH, I'm sad I missed Be Like Jab Day (I've been in and out dealing with some stuff), but I always think about him and how great and kind he was.  :heart: The prize pack winners are SO well deserved and I'm sure Jab would be super proud.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 09:38:47 PM »
I received the package today. I want to sincerely thank the Marks family for it and for the beautiful card and message. It means a lot and I'll take good care of the mic for Jabby <3

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 09:52:01 PM »
WOW!!! Fantastic Rei! No more deserving person than you! :heart:

Please take a pic of the mic when u get a chance :D

I got a txt message labeled from "Jab" the other day and I thought I was dreaming, it was from Jab's mom asking for my address. They are really an incredible family and we need to make a trip down to Florida to meet them :jphip:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 11:03:01 PM »

I just got mine today too~!
Thank you so so soooo much to the Marks family, I'll definitely take good care of it.

JAB <3

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 07:36:30 AM »
That's pretty fantastic! looks silky smooth, I too echo my thanks to Chuck and The Marks Family for these prizes.

GJ Again Pika! Jab forever in our hearts! :jphip:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 12:07:59 PM »
I got my shirt in too!

I just want to again thank the Marks family and to you guys here at JPH!P for proving it. I'll take good care of it for sure. The fact that they would offer it means a lot to me. Please pass on my regards and best wishes to them for me.

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hotei Tomoyasu - Chase!!!