JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Sexy Love

Author Topic: [Nogizaka46] MANATTAN ~ The Akimoto Manatsu Thread  (Read 34753 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [Nogizaka46] MANATTAN ~ The Akimoto Manatsu Thread
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2014, 01:20:40 PM »
My post #59,000 is dedicated to....

Manatsu Akimoto!

I was gonna do a series of Nogizaka46 member tributes after I did the Nanase Nishino post but like always, I got distracted by sports, video games and beer. But as I was getting closer to the 59k milestone I knew I had to step my game up and get back on the grind. Despite the fact that Manatsu is my 2nd favorite Nogizaka46 member I wasn't sure which member to choose. Reika & Rottii are two members I've really been into lately and I have wanted to make a Yumi tribute post ever since getting into Nogizaka46. However, I soon noticed that it was super easy to come up with all kinds of random things I like about Manatsu. But! Don't worry if Yumi or Reika is your oshi, their time will come later. I'm once again going to skip stuff that is actually relevant like singing and dancing because I couldn't really find any decent videos. And Manatsu kind of sucks at singing lol. Another reason why I wanted to make a Manatsu tribute post is that she's actually really underrated. I know a lot of Nogizaka46 fans but only a couple of them are Manatsu-fans. Hopefully this post will make more people aware of Manatsu's epic awesomeness.

And now without further ado, here's my tribute to Manatsu Akimoto! :w00t:

Laugh Out Loud

You have no sense of humor if Manatsu's numerous hilarious moments on Nogizaka46 TV-shows have never made you laugh. Nogizaka46 has a few aspiring comedians (like Seira Nagashima, Ami Nojou and Rina Ikoma) and Manatsu has proven time and time again that she's one of the funniest members. Unfortunately she rarely appears on variety shows outside of Nogizaka's own shows but hopefully that'll change soon.

Hilarity has been ensuing ever since her NogiDoko debut:

#EpicFail

Dat Fail Face.

Manatsu vs. Scary Ass Spider:
B03 - Akimoto Manatsu
The spider wins.

Zukkyun~!

Manatsu doing her "Zukkyun~" catchphrase always makes my heart melt. 'Nuff said.

Kawaii Personified

Manatsu might not be the sexiest or the most beautiful Nogizaka46 member but she's easily one of the cutest ones. Since talking about cuteness is kinda dumb and pointless I'm just gonna post some of my favorite pictures:

Seriously, Manatsu is so freakin' cute that not even her fellow Nogizaka46 members can resist her:

Personally I don't really find Manatsu that hot but she has had a few moments of sexiness:

Dangerous... :sweatdrop:

Akimoto Manatsu

Rubberface

This one is kinda random but screw it. Manatsu pinching her own cheeks is cuter than a thousand puppies prancing over a rainbow.

The Brave Little Idol

Nogizaka46 is known for doing extreme stunts to promote their latest single. The two most extreme things they have ever done are Naachan's recent Macau Tower bungee jump and... Manatsu's famous skydiving stunt. Despite the scary nature of the stunt, Manatsu did it like a boss only shedding a few tears on the way.

Watch Manatsu's amazing act of bravery here:
[UsoEng] 130310 Nogizaka46 乃木坂って、どこ Episode 74 Manatsu Cut

One of the most badass things any idol has ever said: "If it's needed, I'll do it 100 times." Now that's what I call Chuck Norris level of badassery :bow:

Random megane picture just because.

The Handshake Queen

Handshake events are one of the biggest reasons why 46/48G singles sell like hotcakes. Every group has their own HS ace: NMB48 has Miyuki Watanabe, SKE48 has Akari Suda and AKB48 has Haruka Shizamaki. When it comes to Nogizaka46 there are members like Nanase Nishino and Mai Shiraishi who always sell out their slots. Which is not all that surprising since both Maiyan and Naachan are super popular Fukujin regulars. Manatsu is a Senbatsu regular but she has only been in Fukujin twice. Despite not getting a big push from the management, Manatsu has become one of the best selling Nogizaka46 members.

Wanna know why? Watch this video and start saving money for the next Nogizaka46 single:

Such a pro! Manatsu might not be as popular as Nogi legends such as Nanamin, Sayuringo or Maiyan but her good HS reputation has really boosted her popularity. Even people who aren't hardcore Manatsu-fans buy her HS event tickets. Hopefully Manatsu's HS success will land her another spot in the Fukujin in near future.

Imoutolicious

When Manatsu said that she's 20 years old, I literally said "what the fuck?" out loud. After the initial shock wore off, I asked my parents to adopt her. She's that imoutolicious.

The Sport Wonder Kid....

...not.

Manatsu has stated that she likes watching sports but being a sports fan doesn't automatically mean that you're good at sports. I've been a hockey fan for over 20 years but I barely even know how to skate. Manatsu sucks at everything sports related. Whether she's riding a bike, doing high jumping or simply just running, hilarity will always ensue. Dear NogiDoko producers, please give Manatsu her own segment where she tries... I mean fails at various sports. I guarantee it would be the funniest thing ever.

Martial Arts Master

Manatsu has never publicly claimed that she has practiced any kinda martial art but obviously she's been secretly practicing a deadly art called idoljitsu, designed to protect yourself from creepy middle-aged wota.

Manatsu demonstrating a back choke which will render the opponent unconscious in a matter of seconds:

Royce Gracie proved 20 years ago that technique beats size & strength. Royce has never been the biggest or the strongest guy but he was still able to beat opponents way bigger than him due to his amazing BJJ skills. As you can see in the GIF, Manatsu is able to choke out a man twice her size. Idoljitsu is no joke. Despite Manatsu's Gracie level ground skillz, she also has a few weapons in the stand-up department.

Here you can see Manatsu demonstrating a bone crushing leg kick:

The UFC featherweight kingpin Jose Aldo learned his devastating leg kicks from Manatsu-sensei #TrueFact

Master Chef

I always get hungry when I browse Manatsu's blog posts and I often find myself drooling over her pictures. And by that I mean pictures of cakes and other dishes instead of Manatsu herself. Manatsu might suck at sports but when it comes to cooking and baking, she's a true professional. Her sweets and cakes are so delicious they'd even make Gordon Ramsay stop swearing. I kinda feel sorry for Manatsu's future boyfriend because you just know Manatsu's treats & sweets will make him fat :P

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Last but not least...

Manatsu is awesome.

Here's Manatsu's comeback after her hiatus which shocked the whole Nogizaka world:
秋元真夏
Some fans and even fellow N46 members were all "WTF?! especially since Manatsu entered Senbatsu right away. But in retrospect, it's easy to say that she's truly worthy of the Senbatsu spot despite having been gone for quite a while. I've only been into N46 for a few months but I already know that Manatsu will always be one of my favorite members. All hail the amazing Manatsu-san!

Oh, I'm paying attention. Trust me :inlove:

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »
Spider video was funny as fuck. Mad props to her taking off the gloves so she doesn't lose to the spider!
I didn't really like Manatsu at first, but she's one of few idols who can be interesting and funny without needing to resort to self-deprecating jokes or tired gags. I was reading the article on her beef (lol) with Nanase, and one part was when she described how she really wanted to get close to Nanase, so she'd make plans to get close to her by butting into conversations and shit.

:lol:

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 11:37:15 AM »
Manattan~  :heart:

I love this girl because she can make me have good laugh. Like watching her sport ability  :rofl: or seeing her respond/reaction when other people tease/make fun of her..I don't like they way management put Manatsu in 3rd row senbatsu line-up. with her popularity among fans, she deserve better position. Hey, in Kizuitara Kataomoi handshake sale, Manatsu is the 2nd fastest seller after Nishino Nanase so I think management should consider Manatsu to be the next center. She'll zukkyun everyone..

visit my tumblr : nogibaby.tumblr.com

Offline Asahi Mon

• Member+
  • idolinger!!!
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 04:58:18 AM »
Manattan~  :heart:

I love this girl because she can make me have good laugh. Like watching her sport ability  :rofl: or seeing her respond/reaction when other people tease/make fun of her..I don't like they way management put Manatsu in 3rd row senbatsu line-up. with her popularity among fans, she deserve better position. Hey, in Kizuitara Kataomoi handshake sale, Manatsu is the 2nd fastest seller after Nishino Nanase so I think management should consider Manatsu to be the next center. She'll zukkyun everyone..
many fans want to go to her handshake coz she greet like fallin in love with u for the first time  :wub: :wub:

Offline Asahi Mon

• Member+
  • idolinger!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 06:14:25 AM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2014, 03:42:58 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 07:12:19 PM »
The latest episode of NogiDoko is all about Manattan:
乃木坂ってどこ #130 『乃木坂第1法廷 秋元真夏腹黒裁判』 140413

More GIFs:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 06:01:54 AM »

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 05:41:14 PM »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 04:45:08 PM »
Big props to Mai Shiraishi for those

"Do not Approve" Glares.....
And of course Manatsu san for
Surviving all the scrutiny!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2014, 06:51:52 PM »

Offline manatzukkyun

• Member+
    • helsinkiddo
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2014, 09:08:06 PM »
Manatsu! I've got so much to say about her  :inlove:

She wasn't my Nogi oshi at first but she quickly caught my eye.
In my opinion, she's probably the cutest thing I've ever seen  :wub:
I think I like pretty much everything about her: from her face to her behaviour, I wouldn't change anything about her.
Also I think I have a thing for fishers... But I just can't help it, I fell under her spell!

When I realised that she was actually 20 years old I thought to myself: WHAT IS THAT SORCERY?
She's probably not the best singer but it doesn't matter to me. She always manages to make me laugh and smile!
She's terribly underrated... People need to notice her more. She has so much to offer!
Hoping for a Fukujin spot soon, she truly deserves it.

Also hoping to meet some Manatsu oshis here! It feels lonely being a Manatsu oshi sometimes...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 07:29:55 PM by manatzukkyun »

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2014, 10:59:24 PM »
Yeah, hoping for Manatsu to enter fukujin. At least put her in 2nd row. She really deserve it. In the last handshake result, she's the 2nd fastest seller (after Naachan). No wonder. This girl is Nogizaka's fishing master  XD she fished me already with her zukkyun~ (and wink). can't wait for next single's senbatsu announcement. if management keep put Manatsu in 3rd row, I'm gonna giva  :thumbdown: to management..

Offline Asahi Mon

• Member+
  • idolinger!!!
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2014, 01:17:04 AM »
Yeah, hoping for Manatsu to enter fukujin. At least put her in 2nd row. She really deserve it. In the last handshake result, she's the 2nd fastest seller (after Naachan). No wonder. This girl is Nogizaka's fishing master  XD she fished me already with her zukkyun~ (and wink). can't wait for next single's senbatsu announcement. if management keep put Manatsu in 3rd row, I'm gonna giva  :thumbdown: to management..
she might have a chance for the 9th single senbatsu selection coz iku-chan is out of the picture. :twothumbs

Offline manatzukkyun

• Member+
    • helsinkiddo
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2014, 05:48:55 PM »
Management granted our wish and Manatsu's now part of 9th single's 10Fukujin...

She made it to the 2nd row...
I'm so happy and excited! (No more 3rd row!)
I can barely find words to truly express my feelings... My Manattan finally got acknowledged!
She deserved that spot soooo much! :wub:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 06:05:08 PM by manatzukkyun »

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2014, 12:43:20 AM »
MANATSU entering fukujin  :cow: I hope with this, Manatsu will felt more media exposure. More people should get to know about Manatsu's awesomeness. Still hoping for Manatsu center someday..

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2014, 06:15:25 PM »

Happy Birthday, Manattan!

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2014, 05:41:49 PM »
 :on BDay: :on BDay: :on BDay: :on BDay:
Birthday girl gives us the gift :doh: in this new promo video for volume 3 of Nogi46 Quarterly.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Sexy Love