JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - love 2000 theme

Author Topic: [TV] AKB48 1st Anime + Manga "AKB0048"  (Read 133963 times)

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [TV] AKB48 1st Anime + Manga "AKB0048"
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »
AKB0048 has officially become my most anticipated weekly anime! I'm sorry Fate/Zero! AKB0048 has the right blend of drama, action, humour, music, and characters that keeps me yearning for more every week!

Potential spoilers for Episode 3 ahead! Read at your own risk.

Nice reference to AKBINGO's forfeit of the girls getting spun around by the scary and muscular woman when Nagisa was spun around by the robot during training.

Kawasumi Ayako got Sayaka's commanding and this-is-for-your-own-good tone down pat! The anime characterisation of Sayaka is spot-on too!

Takamina is a dork even in anime. Just check out the screencap I made below:

I was like "WTH is this dork doing??" when Takamina bent her knees while raising her arms as if ready to do a karate chop. Now I can't stop laughing whenever I rewatch that scene. It's just such a funny action and makes her look even shorter! :rofl:

Then there's this role reversal going on between Yukirin and Mayuyu. Who looks like the big sister now? :lol:

We always hear that the real Mayuyu is often spoilt by the other members. Guess that carries over into the anime. Why was this cyborg girl the only 0048 member who got to eat with the selection round candidates while the other members were nowhere to be found except Sayaka who was overseeing the meal? Oh Mayuyu, you little princess!

On a more serious note, I'm loving the cool and harsh portrayal of anime Mayuyu. Tamura Yukari's voice really gives off the cyborg vibes. Call me biased but I'm digging both Mayuyu and Chieri. They have pretty much taken the favourite characters spot in my heart. My eyes can't stop following them and my ears keep picking up on every single variation in their voices. Just listen to Chieri's battle cry "Ooohhho~~!" when she ran out from her hiding spot to distract the aggressor! Keep up the good job and no one will be able to tell Mayuyu's a newbie seiyuu!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:12:21 PM by seigus »

Offline Sieka

• YukiRena, SayaMilky & AnniNaga Banzai ( ・ω ・ )
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~All hail Gekikara, Milky & Annin~
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2012, 05:59:14 AM »
I like how they retained some of the characters personality, though, lol at the MaYuki reversal, it was eye catching to be honest, but don't you think its cute? :rofl: I'd totally love to see another scene like that...

That aside, I was completely dumbfounded when I saw her eating with the trainees, with a lot of plates at that, lol. And there was another scene where she was eating again..... :lol: I thought she was exactly a cyborg......I mean, cyborgs don't eat right? Unless she's just partly a cyborg or something, but I think a good example of what Sayaka wants the girls to do at dinner is what Mayuyu is doing, such a great role model. :lol:

BTW, did anyone noticed, Acchan was missing in the practice of Beginner, and I think in the Beginner live itself....where did she go? :huhuh
[ Author Profile | Tumblr ]
~I also ship NMB48's SayaMilky~
~From MG3, I wave the AnniNaga shipping flag~
~Shipping hard BlackGeki, and the princess pairing, YukiRena~

Fanfics:
[ Divine Intervention || The Beauty of Love || Sieka's Collections ]
[ This Distance Between Us || (Collab) Let Love Bleed Red ]
[ Memories of the Heart ]

Status: Semi-hiatus, Semi-I-don't-know-if-want-to-come-back-now

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2012, 08:17:04 AM »
BTW, did anyone noticed, Acchan was missing in the practice of Beginner, and I think in the Beginner live itself....where did she go? :huhuh
I'm juggling between the ideas of them showing less Acchan to prepare fans for her grad (and have a feel of an AKB without her),  if she has some incurable disease (drama! laying the foundation for a KKS to get center), or maybe she's just too busy to be in all the lives and tv shows (just like in real life!)

BTW. Mayu x Cheri scene not making some hadron colliding time paradox. :bow:

Offline carenduna

• Member+
[TV] AKB48 1st Anime + Manga "AKB0048"
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2012, 09:42:15 AM »
That aside, I was completely dumbfounded when I saw her eating with the trainees, with a lot of plates at that, lol. And there was another scene where she was eating again..... :lol: I thought she was exactly a cyborg......I mean, cyborgs don't eat right? Unless she's just partly a cyborg or something

A cyborg is a human/mechanical mix, and so still has to eat. An android is fully mechanical and so would not need to eat (unless there was some sort of design requirement that necessitated the consumption of food as a means of power regeneration).

I am SO enjoying this series too! I think all the girls are doing a wonderful job, but Sonata is just edging forward as my favourite character, she was so funny in ep2. :D

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2012, 01:08:16 PM »
I like how they retained some of the characters personality, though, lol at the MaYuki reversal, it was eye catching to be honest, but don't you think its cute? :rofl: I'd totally love to see another scene like that...

That aside, I was completely dumbfounded when I saw her eating with the trainees, with a lot of plates at that, lol. And there was another scene where she was eating again..... :lol: I thought she was exactly a cyborg......I mean, cyborgs don't eat right? Unless she's just partly a cyborg or something, but I think a good example of what Sayaka wants the girls to do at dinner is what Mayuyu is doing, such a great role model. :lol:

As carenduna said, a cyborg has both biological and artificial parts. I'm thinking the reason behind Mayuyu's huge appetite is that a lot of energy is required for her mechanical parts to function, hence she constantly needs to eat to fuel/recharge herself. If my theory turns out to be right then Mayuyu's moe factor will shoot up another notch! :heart:

The MaYuki role reversal scene is indeed cute but I was hoping to see anime Mayuyu being all child-like and carefree in the presence of Yukirin just like how the real Mayuyu behaves. However, anime Mayuyu is a cyborg so that's probably why she ends up being the cool and dependable one.

Look at that confident pose in episode 2! It gives the feeling that nothing can get past the powerful Mayuyu. If I have someone like her on my team, I'll be assured that there will always be someone watching my back.

Viewers are speculating that something might have happened to Acchan in the years after the guerrilla concert in episode 1. She is missing from the dance sequence in the OP animation. All the images of the trainees crying in the OP also suggest that things will take a tragic turn. It's all fun and good now but entertainment is serious business in their world. Perhaps something happened to Acchan? Or she could simply be too busy with other activities as she's the group's ace and viewers are just reading too much into her absence :nervous

Offline Sieka

• YukiRena, SayaMilky & AnniNaga Banzai ( ・ω ・ )
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~All hail Gekikara, Milky & Annin~
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2012, 01:46:05 PM »
I'm juggling between the ideas of them showing less Acchan to prepare fans for her grad (and have a feel of an AKB without her),  if she has some incurable disease (drama! laying the foundation for a KKS to get center), or maybe she's just too busy to be in all the lives and tv shows (just like in real life!)

I think that may be a reason why she isn't there, or she really is busy, but for some reason, I think she's busy....given how I think her presence is still...well there, especially in this pic, unless someone tells me that I'm hallucinating and that isn't her hairstyle. :lol:

A cyborg is a human/mechanical mix, and so still has to eat. An android is fully mechanical and so would not need to eat (unless there was some sort of design requirement that necessitated the consumption of food as a means of power regeneration).

I see, that makes sense. Sorry, I'm not a fan of sci-fi so I didn't knew about that. That really takes things to light.
Hmm, yes, I think she'd rely on food more to fuel up all of her parts, I mean machines take up a lot of energy, unless she actually has a battery on her somewhere there, then we'd just put up that she just loves the food basically because its good.

The MaYuki role reversal scene is indeed cute but I was hoping to see anime Mayuyu being all child-like and carefree in the presence of Yukirin just like how the real Mayuyu behaves. However, anime Mayuyu is a cyborg so that's probably why she ends up being the cool and dependable one.

I think a difference is necessary sometimes, but who knows, we're still in ep 3, we might see Yuki taking up the cool dependable mother-like person she is to Mayuyu, here's to hoping for some more screenshots of them together. :cathappy: Though a cool Mayuyu is a bad-ass Mayuyu, I'd personally love to see her more this way, combining that, her cyborg state and her adorable big appetite makes it awesome. XD

About the KKS, hmm, I think their crying because of the trials and hardships.....but it can happen, lol, given how the guerrilla concerts are quite dangerous, there will be a chance that either someone gets caught by the anti-entertainment squad or gets killed in the process. Haha, let's just assume that the viewers are over reading it, but the possibilities is high on the other option, that is if they wanted to give some kind of reference to Acchan's graduation here.... :sweatdrop:
[ Author Profile | Tumblr ]
~I also ship NMB48's SayaMilky~
~From MG3, I wave the AnniNaga shipping flag~
~Shipping hard BlackGeki, and the princess pairing, YukiRena~

Fanfics:
[ Divine Intervention || The Beauty of Love || Sieka's Collections ]
[ This Distance Between Us || (Collab) Let Love Bleed Red ]
[ Memories of the Heart ]

Status: Semi-hiatus, Semi-I-don't-know-if-want-to-come-back-now

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2012, 06:01:08 PM »
Hah, I thought I knew where they were going with (spoiler, highlight to read) Chieri getting shot, I thought it would be the impetus for her to be cyborgified and become the next Mayu, but nope, I'm still predicting a Chieri/Yuuka/Nagisa triumvirate to replace Takamina/Yuko/Acchan, although not necessarily respectively. And yet Sonata's still the perfect match to be Yuko!

Speaking of which, although Chieri's clearly going to be the fan favorite for being the cool Lancer character, Sonata's still basically stealing every scene she gets, with Sawako's character (still don't remember her name  :nervous) coming at a close second.

Makoto, on the other hand, can STFU.

Oh man, I was lol'ing all over the place for this ep's battle. Lolis dying from explosions and shit!  :panic: :w00t: (spoiler, highlight to read) I mean, they didn't really after all, but still. LOL. The show went there. And for Beginner, how appropriate.

This script will desperately need to make a Sakaestar or Nambastar joke at least once in the future. Shanghaistar!  :panic:  :lol: I mean, if they can make Sasshi and Paruru references, Wmatsui will have to show up at least once, right?

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2012, 10:59:00 PM »
AKB0048 – 03

Random Curiosity's review of the third episode. I think he's starting to enjoy it but what do I know.

Need to catch up. D:

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2012, 02:17:33 PM »
Looks like there is no video preview of Stage 4 this week but we do have a short text and screencap preview on the official site.

Kanata (Ishida Haruka) and Mimori (Sato Sumire) finally make their entrance and round up the main KKS cast.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:44:33 PM by seigus »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2012, 04:50:58 PM »
 :heart: :heart:

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2012, 08:02:21 AM »

Published on May 22, 2012 by AKB48

Caps credit erohimenoheya

« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:50:12 AM by YKT »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2012, 05:30:16 PM »
Oh man, I thought I had prepared myself for the cheese levels in this thing, but  XD. It's like watching Digimon Adventure all over again!  :wub:

Lolololol I though that the sister issues was going to be our daddy issues equivalent in this pink bishoujo ghetto, but it turns out that we still have daddy issues for Kanata, and no doubt Chieri. Maybe even Nagisa will have some, although the focus has been on her mom thus far.

Holy crap Makoto needs to STFU. She better get an episode of development soon so I can stop being like "YOU USELESS BINT SHUT UP"

Lolololololol we have more references! Miichan and Yuihan. Come on, there's going to be a SKE reference in the future, right? Jurina had to have been a center at some point. (They can use that episode to use Oogoe as the insert song. XD) Maybe by the end of the series 75th+77th will have revived the glory of AKB0048 so much that they can start SKE0048.

Hah, Suzuko, Nagisa and Chieri rooming is so no subtle. As if Suzuko is going to be a significant presence in that UST-fest.
I wonder if Suzuko is going to get a character arc, or if she's going to be the writer's self-insert character that's just kind of perfect and badass in the third tier of characters. That's what she's been so far. I wonder if they're going to make use of Sawako's normal voice.  XD "VICTORYYYYY~"  XD

Wow, I can't recognize Sonata as Kuumin's voice at all! That's skill.

I'm starting the Cry-tally now. With Nagisa in Ep 3, and Kanata in Ep 4, we've had emotional crying for two episodes in a row now.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2012, 11:14:40 AM »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2012, 04:56:52 AM »
WOW!  I'm dying for the subs* after looking at these caps

*thus far ep/stage4 has been released http://evetaku.com/blog/2012/05/akb0048-episode-04-released/

Waiting for stage5

EDIT subs out http://evetaku.com/blog/2012/05/akb0048-episode-05-released/#more-5393
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:00:07 AM by YKT »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2012, 03:41:46 PM »
Laughs at all the member references. :D
This show seriously needs more Yuihan!! :angry:
:P

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2012, 07:59:44 AM »
AKB0048 stage 6 / episode 6

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2012, 01:46:52 PM »
Tomochin everywhere~ :panic:

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2012, 04:52:20 PM »
Tomochin everywhere~ :panic:

IKR!?  :panic: Every time I saw them together I  :panic: 'd  :rofl:

Urgh, the writing this episode was kind of bad. The moral was there, the concept of execution was there, but the execution itself was horribly off, from pacing to payoff. The writer clearly only had the NagisaChieri and the SonataSuzuko elements fully visualized, and everyone else (non-successor) was just given vague cursory scenes where the moral was STILL bungled and confusing. Are they foreshadowing that the girls are going to become roles that they aren't currently suited for? MakotoKanata aren't shoo-ins to become Saeyaka successors? If that one family has been every Tomochin, then out of the current crop, will none of them become Tomochin, because none of them are from that family? Even the SonataSuzuko parts were disappointing. We know they weren't going to find out anything about SSSS, so why not take the time to develop a proper dynamic between them?

That said, it's amazing that Sonata and Suzuko are both complete scene stealers while remaining completely one note. It's that SKE magic, I guess.  :lol: I can't recognize Kuumin at all, and Sawako manages to inject actual acting into her exposition-bot monotone lines. I really, really, like Karen's acting for Nagisa. Why do most people seem to single her out negatively? Is it just because she's not using a nasal head-voice like everyone else? And for the first time, Mayu wasn't recognizably Mayu in her Chieri acting this episode.

The best parts of the episode were the little throwaway lines revealing more about various character relationship dynamics: the SonataKanata moment in the bath, YukaOrine missing Nagisa, and NagisaChieri both deciding to aim for Yuko and completely missing the fact that Nagisa is inevitably the next Acchan.  :lol:

I did really like the NagisaChieri moment with Yuko, because heh, AcchanYukoTakamina OTP. Chieri's still a best fit for Yukirin, though, by process of elimination, unless some of these girls become successors other than the nine main successors. It's not out of the question, since they've named Sasshi, Paruru, Miichan, and Yuihan, and they may not want to graduate all nine of the main successors to let their voice actresses continue to cameo.

Second best parts of the episode were all of the in-jokes, of course. The bit where Sae apologizes for Sayaka carrying Mimori off was so Saeyaka.  XD Then of course the TOMOCHINS EVERYWHERE  :panic: And Mayuborg, of course.  :rofl: WOO CYBORG OSHIRI OBSESSION. OSHIRI IS YUMMY. TAP DAT UNDERAGE ASS.

Had a super  :smhid moment this episode, though, when I realized how fucking skinny these character designs are. Urgh. 

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - love 2000 theme