JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ano Natsu no Yoru (Miyoshi Erika)

Author Topic: [TV] AKB48 1st Anime + Manga "AKB0048"  (Read 133958 times)

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
Re: [TV] AKB48 1st Anime + Manga "AKB0048"
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »
It's a wrap?

Onto NO NAME then...

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2012, 03:41:06 PM »
Blu-ray DVD Vol.01 - Picture update of the contents

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2012, 07:40:08 PM »

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2012, 06:22:31 PM »
New AKB0048 merchandise!

Binders (2 versions)

Stickers (3 versions)

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2012, 08:32:32 PM »
SPOILER ALERT. THIS ENTIRE COMMENT CONTAINS SPOILERS.

The dancing animation has gotten so much better, as they've finally gotten the shading more like traditional animation, so it doesn't feel so out of place.
RIVER was fucking awesome, and RIVER's lyrics are always great, and the way they set up the relevance of the lyrics to every subplot (TundraStar's situation, the little girls and 77th's growth, Takamina) was great. I can foresee a ton of anime fans falling in love with that song.

I know I've said this every episode, but the writer has some serious character biases. And right now it's ALL about the YukoTakaminaKanata. It's a well-written subplot for sure, but Nagisa's becoming less and less of a main character to the Chieri and Kanata show, who are in turn being overshadowed by the very real portrayals of senbatsu, which of course would overshadow and be more interesting than the trope personalities that the original characters are. Sure, we still get our "77th is SPECIAL!" moments, but they feel so obligatory, with no sense of care having been put into them compared to the angst.

The way that the character focus has shifted makes me wonder how much the writer was writing episode-to-episode and letting the characters direct her inspiration, instead of working from a complete plot outline and structure from the start. Maybe they'll start developing Nagisa's protagonist side more in the second half. I don't know.

Loved the Mariko/Tsubasa moment with the wota. Both her and Sae/Youko's subplots are marvelous, looking at the issues associated with balancing yourself against the overlay of expectations your succession name brought. While in the Takamina subplot, becoming the position is the ultimate goal, obviously Tsubasa is treating it differently as a graduate, while Megumi is also struggling with the fact that Sae is both still and not Youko. (And as I pondered last episode, are successors beholden to upholding the same dynamics with the other successors? Is Saeyaka obligatory?)

Yukirin's little moment was pretty intriguing. It fit so well with her "passive sisterly captaincy" style. Unfortunately, with the way the writing is going, I can probably expect zero development for her, Sayaka, Haruna, and any further development for Tomochin. Then again, I never expected the Sae subplot, so who knows?

Huh, we know for a fact that Megumi is not one of the Chosen Ones, so I really do wonder where her subplot is going. Will she become a successor of another AKB girl not named in the series yet, a la the Miichan Yui, and Sasshi references? Is she gonna die? Quit AKB? Maybe even join DES in a fit of rage and disillusionment, for Nagisa to work her Therapy no Jutsu powers on? It says something, though, that Megumi is getting so much development that 77th isn't getting. Man, the writer gives so little fucks for the supposed main characters.

LOL cry tally is tentative for this episode. We got tears in the corner of eyes, but not actual crying. So cry tally at 7.5 episodes in a row?

In the end, this episode was kind of treading the same ground as last episode, with Takamina doing a development circle of trying to be selfish about her dreams, as Yuko advised last ep, only to find that she still felt the same way about Kanata being right for the job. So I wasn't as engrossed in that part of the episode, which, again, clearly showed that it was the part that the writer cares about.
The moments with the Lancastar ( XD XD XD these planet names) four were nice, as was the mini-concert, but it was just lacking in tension or a sense of real development on the character's parts, because we haven't really seen the growth of character that they've supposedly undergone. It was all shallowly shown in the montages each episode has done, but it means that we have no strong emotional connection with that growth, so it rings false.
When it comes to the KKS, this show is kind of suffering from the Glee syndrome, where the characters develop, but off-camera, which means that I hated their bratty past selves, but also scoff at the suddenly-better new selves because it's so out of character with their past selves and we don't "live through" the circumstances of their change.  Suddenly the Lancastar four are all buddy-buddy and equals? Give me a break. The Sasae perf at the end felt completely tacked on, with the character dynamics completely out of whack.

Ah well, I'll stop expecting proper character development for the KKS and just enjoy them covering beloved AKB songs. I mean, thus far AKB0048 has still been a million times better than MG2, other than AKB0048 not having Gekikara whacking someone in the face with a boot.

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2012, 04:44:03 PM »
Waited till today to post my thoughts to reduce the chances of spoiling the episode for some since it is rather image-heavy.

SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 9

Best part of the episode for me is the distraction performance of Heart gata Virus due to the surprise element and the cheekiness displayed by the KKS. Snowman decoys? What a way to taunt the DES soldiers! :thumbup That said, the RIVER performance was blockbuster-worthy but it lost out to the show put up by the KKS in terms of enjoyment because I was constantly worried about Takamina. That's a pity as RIVER is my all-time favourite AKB48 song.

I'm loving the growing bond between rivals-cum-buddies Chieri and Nagisa. Their friendly rivalry reflects the relationship between the real Yuko and Atsuko; they help each other grow and realise things that they might have missed on their own. I'm looking forward to see whether they can strike that perfect balance when succession time rolls around. And there's that million dollar question: Who will Chieri succeed? Yuko seems to be the obvious choice if the anime wants to go through with the friendly rivals idea. However, Chieri's personality is far from Yuko's and the current Yuko is still going strong and doesn't show signs that she will graduate soon... unless the animation team kills her off.

Choice Chieri x Nagisa caps

Moe moe Chieri~~ :heart:

Unexpected shit eating grin from Chieri :grin:

Rooftop rendezvous :P

Mayuyu, the most relaxed 00 member. :rofl:

Snacking wherever she goes. Seriously, where did that taiyaki come from?

Daww.... Sleeping before the performance       Adorable just-woke-up face :wub:

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2012, 05:22:05 PM »
^awesome review  :bow:

Not mine:

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2012, 05:31:22 PM »
^ Thanks! :deco:

And nice find! :thumbup Leaked image of NO NAME's single (Type B)? I spot a Kirara at the top right corner! Hope I get that Chieri card when my copy arrives :wub:

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2012, 06:50:21 PM »
So Kinoshita Momoka (NMB48) is Megumi, and Murashige Anna (HKT48) was the little girl speaking Russian this episode.

Momoka's been doing great, (lol she's getting to flex her acting chops even more than the main cast) and you can never have too much Anya.

Takeuchi Miyu (Team 4) also cameo'd as another member of 76th, either ep 7 or 8.

LOL AIRIN WAS THE LITTLE GIRL AT ORINE'S HANDSHAKE LOLOLOLOLOL did not recognize her AT ALL. Wow, SKE has some voice-acting talent.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2012, 02:02:49 PM »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2012, 06:44:20 AM »
FFFFFFfffffff this show is only gonna be 13 eps?  :doh: Why the fuck was there such a large cast, and the only ones getting developed are Chieri and Kanata... :doh: And now they're focussing more on senbatsu and 76th anyways... :doh: I was fine with that under the assumption that we'd get a full 26-episode run and thus another 13 episodes to focus on the main cast and Nagisa especially, but 13? (Some websites say 12 eps, which would be even more bullshit.)

:doh: :doh: :panic:

grumblegrumble looks like they're going to squish Makoto and Suzuko's development together next ep, which means Yuka will get her ep after that, leaving the last two for finale ChieriNagisaSenbatsu plottiness. Looks like Sonata's only development was "Her sister is Kanata and she's audacious enough for Tsubasa. The end." Yay? (And I'm not ruling out the preview being misleading again, and actually no development for the main cast, more senbatsu succession drama!  :doh:)

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2012, 11:22:38 AM »

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2012, 11:37:14 AM »
I didn't notice this before, but after watching the first episode Mariko/Tsubasa had hearts in her hair and eyes when she was still part of the group, and after graduating is sporting diamonds. Also the past Tomochins have diamonds. Guess diamonds represent graduation status and hearts idol status/idol potential. I wonder what spades and clovers represent?  :P

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2012, 12:45:55 AM »
Samples of bouns pics that come with the AKB0048 VOL.01 Blu-ray & DVD. However, you only get one random pic out of nine types with each copy.

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2012, 06:20:56 AM »
Beach episode? What is an anime without beach & bikini episode? Nothing!  :lol:
Only 13 episodes? Boooooo!

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2012, 08:16:22 AM »
Beach episode? What is an anime without beach & bikini episode? Nothing!  :lol:

^
caps by eriol:

EP10 SUBS

http://evetaku.com/blog/2012/07/akb0048-episode-10-released/

Offline jeffyer

• ecchi
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2012, 03:45:43 PM »
Thank you for the link!
I am so in love with this anime, so cuteeeee.
And its like going to end soon >:
The suspense is building up so much >_<

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2012, 03:59:36 AM »
Wow...this episode....I don't even...this episode was so wrong, but so much LOL!  :rofl:

SO MUCH YURI.  :panic: :lol: And in a combination bikinis and hot springs episode, dealing with gravure!? They really are still AKB after all, lol. Not watered down for the kiddies at all! How underage is Sonata!?  :shocked

HERE BE SPOILERS

Are they running out of money? The cafe scene was really low budget, and there was an off-model moment for Chieri on the docks.

LOL KanaTakamina, canonically acknowledged as part of fulfilling the yuri quota!

ROFL SUZUKO WHY YOU SO AWESOME. SAWAKOOOOOOOO <3 <3 <3 (WHY IS SHE ON A BANANA)

Oh wow, MarikoAcchan's friendship is canon in the future! Gotta love how they manage to incorporate real life AKB member dynamics, although 0048 missed out on AcchanxYuko being on equal footing. The dynamic that does exist does make sense, though, in a world where Yuko isn't older than Acchan and enters the group much later.

LOL Minegishi yuri goggles! LOLOLOLOLOL (And blatant Suzuko promotion of yuri! As the super-fan, it would figure that she'd want to uphold the AKB tradition of super-ship-happiness.)

WHY. WHY. WHY. WHY. BOOBIES. WHY. I DON'T EVEN. WHY. WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. BOOBIES WTF.
 :panic: :panic: :panic: :shocked :bleed eyes:

Lol, Hinata/Mariko was like the crack-ship of choice from Mendol. Looks like someone was listening.

XD XD XD these pairings in the form of bedmates. Show is not subtle. Wait, YukaxMimori and KanataxOrine? That seems mixed up. Lol, Suzuko/Makoto/Sonata trio has suddenly become a power trio of comedy.

They're finally starting to pack in the development! The exposition about Acchan and the Centers was somewhat predictable, but I didn't expect the little tidbit of backstory we got for Yuko about Atamistar, though.

And the cry tally is finally broken! It stands at 7.5 episodes in a row!

I did not expect this episode's structure at all based on previous episodes. And while the SuzukoMakoto "development" was still as cheap as Orine's, continuing to affirm the writer's bias, it was still nice to get a little more insight into how Suzuko thinks, and the little twist on her ambitions. The interspersing of the plottiness did keep things interesting, but more importantly, I wasn't too bothered by the shitty A-plot for Makoto because it was FUCKING HILARIOUS. It was both  :bleed eyes: and  XD at the same time.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ano Natsu no Yoru (Miyoshi Erika)