JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miss A - Touch

Author Topic: The random idol festival thread  (Read 39043 times)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
Re: The random idol festival thread
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2016, 11:47:21 PM »
I didn`t go to TIF but went to Idol Koushien at Shin-Kiba.

quick comments:

I bumped into a drunk guy that posts here regularly.

Nanase (PRGT) seems to not be angry anymore with me. time really heals wounds, folks.

Passpo had a problem with their sound (not the first time this happens...) which made their performance turn, from an announced 'music non-stop', into a 'never ending MC'.  :sweatdrop: all ended well, though. they sang some old classics. me gusta.

Koto, the creepy doll, off-stage is as lovely as you can get from an idol. such a nice girl with powerful performance. almost as good as Mari Mizuta.  :P2

Emiri (PiiiiiiiN), the half-brazilian girl is... well, I dunno. I`m still trying to reincarnate after our first talk (mixing japanese and portuguese), that was so fucking awesome and embarassing at the same time that it made me die in spontaneous human combustion.

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #181 on: August 15, 2016, 09:50:00 AM »
hey guys, i dont usually post at this forum (usually just a lurker lol) but well....

i went to TIF2016 last week (for my 5th time in a row), i thought that was one of the best TIF to date. almost had no complaints except few (maybes) but overall not really a major complaints. And yea, the security is abit too tight this year, saw so many security teams dragging out some fans who went overboard with high jumps or lifting (especially at smile garden during night time haha)

Posted the whole experience in my blog below (huge wall of text though !)

TIF Day 1
http://www.20daysinjapan.akbingo.org/?p=608

TIF Day 2
http://www.20daysinjapan.akbingo.org/?p=609

TIF Day 3
http://www.20daysinjapan.akbingo.org/?p=613

Also met up with many other south/east asians idol fans over there as well, we took a group shot at the gundam statue after TIF2016 ended, it was awesome.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #182 on: August 15, 2016, 05:40:37 PM »
Lol, your TIF recap is already a tradition for me to read. Although you have thrown PASSPO away from your No. 1 spot, please continue with it   :P2
Great to see you have met a lot of friends there.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #183 on: August 15, 2016, 10:25:54 PM »
Lol, your TIF recap is already a tradition for me to read. Although you have thrown PASSPO away from your No. 1 spot, please continue with it   :P2
Great to see you have met a lot of friends there.

Yeah met with many friends, most of them is my twitter/facebook friends tho, but i think the huge increase of gaijins/foreigners during TIF lately is because the 'Free pass' they're giving away to foreigners in the last 2 years (this year, thanks to TGU, even though you have to be a premium member first haha)

as for passpo, think my lack of interest is because there's nothing much new about them (plus the members keep decreasing every year), they need to do something 'unique' to bring them back to the top of my list. Haha. dont worry, i still like them tho :3 (Annya is still fun to see as always) Else i wouldn't watch them 4x during TIF (5 if you count their hatcheketai sub unit haha)

Anyways,i hope they bring back #TGIF segment next year with more bikini gals  :w00t: :w00t:

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #184 on: September 03, 2016, 06:42:48 AM »
I remembered this thread exists just now so let me pit here this info:

next 17th 18th and 19th a big circuit known as "Tokyo Calling" will be taking place in Shimokitazawa, Shinjuku and Shibuya areas, respectively. tons of shows in basically all the live houses of these districts, mostly rock but several idols will attend too. =) Lyrical School, Hime Kyun, Passcode, BPM15Q, Akishibu, Dinosaur Brain, Zenbu Kimi no Sei da, PRGT... quite interesting, I'd definitely go if I could, but already have other plans for these days.

Offline Kayseur

« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2016, 03:37:41 PM »
Might be a long shot but would anyone want a 25/09 ticket for the @jam? I ended up with 2 thanks to TGU and would sell mine for 4500y. (Granted tgu's ticket might not come with a free cd but I'd rather get some money back.)

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2016, 05:30:05 PM »
IIRC, the CD is for sale at the venue anyway, just the cover is different.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #187 on: September 24, 2016, 10:48:43 PM »
NICE - TIF & @JAM will arrange a festvial on the 2nd and 3rd of January 2017.

http://www.newyearpp.jp/

I'm going :)

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #188 on: September 24, 2016, 11:21:53 PM »
First day of @jam was great. Got to see almost everyone I wanted. There were a few conflicts in my schedule but most of these groups played twice, on top of playing Sunday, so hopefully I'll catch them before the end of the weekend.

Makuhari Messe is pretty damn huge. Room when going from one stage to another is never a problem. Getting good spots is also pretty easy if you show up during the previous act and grab a spot when the crowd is leaving.

Not much else to say about it. I like how there's almost no time between each act. 2-3 minutes sometimes. This is both a blessing and a curse because sometimes you really have to hurry to get to the next act on a different stage.

The most energetic crowd so far has been for BiS from the shows I've seen. The mosh area was huge and I had to get far on the side to be out of it. Bish and Passcode were a close second. Is it me or is the lifting getting worse?  :lol: This is only my first idol-type festival but it's way worse than in any online videos I've seen. I personally don't have a problem with it. It's kind of funny to see. During Passcode, there was a pretty high concentration of these in the front and they almost fell into the VIP area. lol I think one of them did.

Anyway. Day 2 should be fun. Band Passpo will open.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #189 on: September 24, 2016, 11:52:14 PM »
Is it me or is the lifting getting worse?  :lol: This is only my first idol-type festival but it's way worse than in any online videos I've seen. I personally don't have a problem with it. It's kind of funny to see. During Passcode, there was a pretty high concentration of these in the front and they almost fell into the VIP area. lol I think one of them did.
Lifting is not that much of a problem at bigger venues, but at small places your view of the stage can be completely blocked which is why it is annoying.

I'm surprised if the organizers aren't doing anything about it though.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #190 on: September 25, 2016, 12:03:31 AM »
^ It's only a problem if it's 50% of the crowd, imo. The odd bit of lifting, like one bloke during the solo of some girl, seems more to add to the fun of the live, in general.

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2016, 11:34:53 AM »
Lifting isn't too bad when you know it will appear. But when I experienced it the first time during an idol show, it was terrible. If I could choose I rather have shows without it. It may be fun to watch but makes it impossible for more casual fans to enjoy the performance/music.

Anyway, it seems the @JAM at the new location is a success. Nice to hear.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #192 on: September 25, 2016, 04:38:22 PM »
Hopefully if they have it there next year, they'll do something about all the sound bleeding from the stages. Despite hosting a lot of big music events, Makuhari Messe probably doesn't have the best acoustics or ventilation. Who am I kidding? They have way bigger events like Knotfest, Summer Sonic, and Countdown Japan there so there's no reason for them to make things better if they know people will come anyway.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2016, 05:06:18 PM »
So how must I imagine the location? You mentioned a ventilation system, so stages where inside? Not open plane hangars? Where stages in one building then, because someone told me the sound from other stages was audible at other stages.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #194 on: September 26, 2016, 12:55:26 AM »
Makuhari Messe is a convention center. There were 3 giant halls with super high ceilings very similar to airplane hangars connected by giant doors. Basically one huge building.

Strawberry took up one of the halls, Blueberry, Orange/Grape took up the next one. Grape/Orange were back to back with the speakers for each facing in opposite directions. Kiwi and Peach took up the 3rd hall and were almost parallel to each other with the main walkway in between and the doors on 2 sides open to let people out into the food/tokuten area. At times Strawberry would be comfortable because it was pretty closed off but, when it got hot, it was pretty awful.

Unless you were right in front of the speakers or far away from the other stages, the sound would be pretty garbled. Worst was when bands on Kiwi Stage would be close to drowning out whoever was on Peach.

Also, I think the sound would bounce and echo off the floors/walls b/c concrete.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2016, 05:18:44 PM »
since I avoided all BiS related groups (or should I say, BiS descendents?) I had no problem with trash wotas and their antics.

so my only complain about this @Jam was the mentioned audio bleeding. particularly in the Grape/Orange stages, you couldn`t hear shit. it was just a big noise from the sound of three different stages all mixed together. okay, we are talking about idol shows afterall, where music is not the main attraction exactly, but still... at the very least the stages should be a little more far away from each other. could easily be done if they rented the other half of the convention centre, not the 9-11 halls. usually big festivals with multiple stages happen in that other half.

oh yeah I felt they could have used better the space in the tokutenkai area. the space for each group was very tiny and right next to other groups. that external hallway is huge, could easily have given more meters for each group. my 2 shot with Arisa (from PiiiiiiiN) almost became a group shot since we were all smashed in an almost two square meters area.  :sweatdrop:

Offline Kayseur

« Reply #196 on: October 02, 2016, 08:22:39 AM »
So it's been a week since @JAM. Thanks guys/this forum for having made me discover this. It was my first idol festival and I loved (almost) every bit of it. The sound was certainly a bit bad on the smaller stages, and, well, I wanted to experience those "trash wota" at least once - so I went frontline during PassCode's show. I almost broke my glasses and lost a shoe, haha. Must be the only performance I didn't enjoy so much.

I went/am planning to go on a bunch of other live/festivals for my remaining two weeks now.
Just booked for Idol Koushien at Shibuya Cuattro on the 11th. There's also @Jam Party on the 9th & Deep Girl Shinen Shoujo vol.2 on the 12th. Anyone going there? (Oh and Girls Award 2016 on the 8th, not really sure what's going to happen there but Keyakizaka46 are invited so I'll go have a look.)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2016, 01:02:56 PM »
New groups added to the TIF & @JAM new year concert - I'm really excited about it.

BiS, BiSH, Party Rockets GT and Dorothy Little Happy.

I got my ticket already it was really expensive but with the lineup it'll be worth it.

Lineup so far -> http://www.newyearpp.jp/lineup/

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2016, 09:50:50 PM »
Well, it's been 3 months since TIF2016.

And i just realized Fuji TV FOD website has much more footages from TIF2016, including the Ship Stage footage, which isnt shared anywhere yet so far (jpopsuki/aidoru online has full Smile Garden, Doll Factory, Sky Stage and Hot Stage footages btw...)

Here is the link btw
http://fod.fujitv.co.jp/s/genre/variety/ser2333/

The problem though, i think you must you must be in japan (they detect ip address), and must pay. Haha. I think after reading through their website using japan proxy / vpn, there is a "free trial" etc etc, but you need to be a softbank/docomo/au etc etc user? Not sure also if they accept foreign credit cards if they decide to charge some money in the end. Haven't tried it yet, because it seems complicated enough.

Kinda sucks that they invited foreigners to come TIF for free  -- but Video on Demand service like this they only limit for Japanese viewers ? What the hell are they thinking. I dont mind paying their fees if its not region locked seriously. :angry: If they want to expand overseas, they should make it easier for us to access to such contents.

Of course viewing it outside japan still can be solved using a VPN (although must find a decent one to get decent speed). And if you know how to get around it, then you can see the Tokyo Idol Gravure Festival 2016 segment at info centre for free here (link below lol)  ;)

Tokyo Gravure Idol Festival 2016 Segment @ Info Centre Free viewing (use japan proxy/ vpn if you outside japan)
http://fod.fujitv.co.jp/s/genre/variety/ser2333/2333810002/

I've been collecting TIF2016 footages ever since the first TIF2010, so i really kinda want that Ship Stage footages (considering i was there for hours during Day 3 of TIF and got myself sunburnt in the process, hahaha. so many memories) and any other TIF footages that isn't shared yet. and oh...they also have the Sparkling Night segment also with Ebisu Muscat ! (i kinda want that too, since i also attended the Sparkling night segment that day lol)

Not sure if any kind souls will be able to capture/upload these footages in the future - or if i can find myself to get around it and capture it myself. although they have time limit until next year (summer of 2017) so plenty of time to figure it out lol
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 10:07:19 PM by infzer0 »

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2017, 03:17:30 PM »
*bump*

http://www.idolfes.com/2017/

TIF2017 website has been updated! Anyone else going this year? (For me, im thinking to go Japan from 28th July  until 7th August 2017)
Strangely they dont have "english" page for this year TIF yet. Wonder if they will still giveaways gaijin tickets.  :grin:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miss A - Touch