JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tiny-G - Miss You

Author Topic: The "post cool stuff that you want" thread  (Read 77378 times)

Offline Katchoo

• GANGSTARR
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Re: The "post cool stuff that you want" thread
« Reply #161 on: February 25, 2008, 02:26:17 AM »
Klipsch RF-83 speakers.

Of course, first I need to buy a house to put them in.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2008, 02:46:04 AM »
:lol: you gonna be throwing concerts at home? :P

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2008, 02:55:43 AM »
:lol: you gonna be throwing concerts at home? :P

Nah, they're mostly for JPH!P Radio. :P

Offline BigFreaky

• 一番カワイイ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2008, 06:13:04 PM »
http://www.eye.fi/

its a sd card that will wirelessly transfer your photos to your comp or upload to an internet site. I guess it is more for fun than any real use, because I don't think it will send until the camera is off. Not like the cool things they have for professionals.

Offline Dronak

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2008, 12:54:25 AM »
I know this isn't too specific, but I'm thinking about getting a smartphone so that I can have my PDA and cell phone together in a single device.  Since I already have a Palm OS PDA, I'm looking at Palm smartphones like the Treo and Centro.  There seem to be some good options, but I'd have to work out a suitable calling plan (and carrier), and decide how to deal with existing phone services should I get a smartphone.  My land line hums, sometimes very loudly, when it rains, and I'm having difficulty getting Verizon to fix it.  So the search for a smartphone came from the idea of possibly dropping the land line and switching to only cell phone use, with something that could also serve as my PDA to consolidate devices.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »
i've been seeing some nice japanese phones everywhere, on CMs, dramas, shows, etc.  and i've taken a liking to them, especially the very popular flip phone design.  compare to here in the US, their flip phone seem, simple yet nice and very kool looking, although seems big, but not yet it's flat and rectangular in shape. it's nice and long, simple on the outside, but really nice interior design. 

in case u don't know what i'm talking about, check out some of Sony Ericsson Japan flip phones and compare it to US models.  i believe there are companies in japan that only produce phones like that in Japan and not international, to my disappointment.
just in case, i google some pics for u to see....

Sony Ericsson W44S super-flip Bravia phone
Sharp SH704 TV phone
just check out the Sony Erisson Japan and Sharp Japan site and
especially this Sharp W61SH AQUOS phone for KDDI

Japan come out with the koolest technology and their designs really suits my taste, but too bad i live in the US and Japan doesn't have any plans of launching their coolest phones internationally or compatible with US... 
While this news "KDDI Busts Onto US MVNO Scene" interest me a little, but they are offering it for Sprint Nextel and not for T-mobile. plus it's like the hand-me-downs compared to the ones Japan have.  seems like those are several years old....
T-mobile use SIM card, so as Cingular and several other phone service providers in the US.  the fact is that i just recently bought a new Nokia N95 8GB smartphone unlocked and i'm not planning on switching service to one that doesn't allow me to use this great phone. 
I'm actually looking for a japanese-style flip phone for my mother and she seems to like their design as well, that's why i want to find one for her that uses SIM card and unlocked for T-mobile.
I'm really hoping that Sony Erisson would release some of their Japan models into the US.  but meanwhile, i'm checking up on Sony Ericsson, Sharp, Samsung, Nokia, etc. for phones similar in japanese flip-phone style regularly...  That compatible for T-mobile use, i.e. SIM card, unlocked, English, etc.

EDIT:  i just discover this phone THAT'S ABOUT TO HIT JAPAN!   Sharp AQUOS 822SH
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 04:58:26 PM by BigDnm01 »

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2008, 05:40:36 PM »
^ That style of Sharp AQUOS phones have been around for ages now, and are fairly popular with business men, so they can watch tv on the train.. I didn't get one of those, because I just don't watch that much tv, so I got this instead.. W53CA

Anyways, you should check the homepages of the mobile phone companies in Japan, since they also have English.. Any info you are after, you should be able to find there..
DoCoMo English Page
au by KDDI English Page
Softbank English Page

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2008, 11:28:43 PM »
^ hey thanks i'll check it out.  probably isn't compatible with US service providers, but doesn't hurt to see for myself. 

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2008, 09:16:46 AM »
I believe only a few softbank phones are unlockable and able to be used by US providers, as long as it uses a sim card. Japan uses a completely different network, so sadly most phones won't work.

The best way to find out what works is to look for a Japanese run cell phone shop somewhere, but I wouldn't know if there are any in your area.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2008, 12:14:25 PM »
No "post cool stuff that others might want" so I'll do it here.

Only in Japan?? (w'll they are the inventors of this)

A model (C) displays lingerie maker Triumph International Japan's "Photovoltaic-Powered Bra" during an unveiling in Tokyo May 14, 2008. The camisole bra, which the company calls it as "earth and human friendly", features a solar panel which can display messages on the removable small electric board when the cell generates electricity. The bra is also equipped with pads designed to hold beverages so that the usage of cans and plastic bottles can be reduced, the company said.

Link to article: http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUST29336420080514

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2008, 10:22:47 PM »
and the solar panel is for what? o_O

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #172 on: May 23, 2008, 07:16:29 PM »
I want this Okami plush:

There's one on ebay right now, but it's already @ 355 dollar   :doh:

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2008, 05:38:25 AM »

Sony's new 1.8metre high, 360 degrees glass Sountina Speaker System

(just need a million yen!!)  :banghead:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2008, 05:43:43 AM »
^
That's a speaker system!?!??? :o

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2008, 06:38:57 AM »
I'm only a 2min walk from the showroom on Monday, so I might just go and check it out..  :D

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2008, 07:46:58 AM »
wow interesting system. Nice design too. Would love to hear how it sounds.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2008, 12:13:54 PM »
Been looking for an mp3 player now as I think it's time for an upgrade. My old Sony is only 1GB, and it's a pain having to go through Sonicstage in order to put files on there. Besides, I'm missing out on tracks that I would like to put on there but can't. So I've been thinking of going for the Sony NWZS818 8GB video walkman:

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3476801/Sony-NWZA818B-8GB-Video-Walkman-MP3-Player/ProductReviews.html

The cheaper alternative is the NWZS618 model at £59.99 but as I understand it, the 818 comes with better quality headphones and it's within an acceptable price range for me. Besides, I much prefer the look of the 818 to the 618.

Think I should go for it?

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tiny-G - Miss You