JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aeronauts - 5 days

Author Topic: [Misc] The Hairstyle Thread  (Read 50380 times)

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
[Misc] The Hairstyle Thread
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2006, 10:42:53 AM »
<-- angrily protesting Rika's blonde hair:tama-mad:

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2006, 05:32:57 PM »
I believe I read on epiphanes that the blonde color is for Viyuden's new single. Hopefully, we won't have to wait long for a new color

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2006, 05:50:07 PM »
Quote from: cool_kickin_dude
I believe I read on epiphanes that the blonde color is for Viyuden's new single. Hopefully, we won't have to wait long for a new color

"There is lots of positive feedback from the listeners regarding their first Beaury Hour 21 last week, but the girls want to do better (especially Rika, who just dyed her hair blonde. Rika says this is a time-limited experience, and the decision had something to do with preparations for new Biyuuden single."

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2006, 06:13:36 PM »
see? we won't have to deal with it for long:)

Offline HiME

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2006, 06:18:37 PM »
Pfff, it sucks.

I hope that at least she will dye it black again then.

Offline thelastangel

• get DEF to the bone
  • Member+
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2006, 08:11:24 PM »
^x3

Phew!....I mentioned the very same thing on the “Official Rika Thread”….that she could always dye it back to a more suitable colour….and now we have reason to believe that she will be doing that soon (unless she has other limited-time experiences in mind :o  )  I wonder in what way this experimental hair colour relates to the new single?  I suppose we will have to wait and see.

I hope all of the “processing” that she is doing to her hair does not have a negative impact on the overall health and the ability for it to grow long and silky QUICKLY.

-_-The HANA----------The MGF------------The AME-----------The RIVE

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2006, 01:31:41 AM »
Quote from: thelastangel
^x3

Phew!....I mentioned the very same thing on the “Official Rika Thread”….that she could always dye it back to a more suitable colour….and now we have reason to believe that she will be doing that soon (unless she has other limited-time experiences in mind :o  )  I wonder in what way this experimental hair colour relates to the new single?  I suppose we will have to wait and see.

I hope all of the “processing” that she is doing to her hair does not have a negative impact on the overall health and the ability for it to grow long and silky QUICKLY.

i was thinking about the same thing. i remember a friend of mine dying her hair and didn't like it, so she dyed it a different color...it ended up all fried due to the chemicals, and she ended up wearing a towel on her head for a couple months till it started to grow out again

Offline HiME

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2006, 05:07:01 PM »
Quote from: john_hung
i was thinking about the same thing. i remember a friend of mine dying her hair and didn't like it, so she dyed it a different color...it ended up all fried due to the chemicals

Well, it depends of the hair, my sister dyes her hair a lot, and she did the same thing some months ago, ugly color, so she quickly dyed it back to black, but her hair is still silky and shiny.
Anyway, I'm sure Rika uses products to keep her hair healthy after dying it. At last I hope for her.

Offline Kyobu

• PLATICA
  • Member+
  • GAO!
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2006, 06:21:56 PM »
I quite like it, but I hope when she dyes it back to the original colour she will let it grow back again.

Offline haro2lee

• Member+
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2006, 10:20:18 PM »
This is one of the things what I really like in Rika. Always surprise us with something. I was totally shocked when I see her with blond hair, but I always qurious to see Rika in this way. I hope she will try some new hairstyle with this color, before changing back.
Thanx....for the 1000 Thanks

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2006, 06:00:02 AM »
God, the bad hair attacks agains! First Rika's short cut, then Nono's deadly bun, then Blonde!Rika? When will it end?!

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2006, 07:49:11 AM »
I'm kinda dissappointed in hearing it was a limited time only. I really wanted to see what kind of styles would look nice in her blonde hair. Hopefully she'll have it long enough for a little experimenting >_>

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2006, 06:14:49 PM »
I don't really like the new style too much, but I didn't like Mako's at first either. It kinda sucks that she's already decided it's just for a limited time. I hope she doesn't change it right after I start to like it(If I do).

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2006, 08:06:38 AM »
Just posting these here too.

She's so cute! I'm hoooked, Blonde Rika <3 <3

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2006, 08:42:40 AM »
I like her hair a lot more in the H!M pics. It may be because now it's styled and she doesn't look so dark like in the futsal pics.(Like JFC(I think) said in chat earlier) Whatever it is about her hair I like, it's growing on me fast.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2006, 09:01:26 AM »
Meh...I'm kind of torn between liking it and just loathing it.

I guess it's because we've never seen her with this colour before, and it just happened so quickly, that it came as a "Woah!" for us. Generally, Japanese people with dark complexions like Rika (or even Asians in general with dark skin) can't really pull off the blonde colour, but she's kind of pulling it off...I guess.

It definitely looks MUCH better when it's styled though, like in the H!M caps. It doesn't look that wig-ish anymore when it's curled, or any other style they'll attempt with it. I also think they could have chosen a better shade of blonde too...

Offline thelastangel

• get DEF to the bone
  • Member+
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2006, 10:15:52 AM »
I am looking at the H!M screen caps above now more closely. You can really see from a couple of the pics that she is developing split ends (the brittle fly away stuff).

I used to have long hair (I mean really long...in my heavy metal...hair band rock days) and I used to use a lot of chemicals to make it more straight (it is very thick and wavy naturally). Anyway all I know is my hair suffered from all the chemicals, blow dryer heat, and other crap. You have to chop off all the unhealty hair ends to get it to grow nice an shiny and new.

So, I wonder if Rika will need to cut it before she can really focus on the growth. :cry:   I was really hoping she was going to let it grow naturally and not do things like colouring and perms which are inherrantly counter productive.
-_-The HANA----------The MGF------------The AME-----------The RIVE

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2006, 10:39:07 AM »
That new style looks way better than the style she was sportin' in that futsal tournament :)

Quote from: arian
I guess it's because we've never seen her with this colour before, and it just happened so quickly, that it came as a "Woah!" for us. Generally, Japanese people with dark complexions like Rika (or even Asians in general with dark skin) can't really pull off the blonde colour, but she's kind of pulling it off...I guess.
I love it when chicks with dark skin go blonde. IMO Jessica Alba, Christina Milian, Beyonce etc. all look hotter with blonde hair.  

Quote from: thelastangel
So, I wonder if Rika will need to cut it before she can really focus on the growth. :cry:   I was really hoping she was going to let it grow naturally and not do things like colouring and perms which are inherrantly counter productive.
I don't think dyeing your hair a couple of times does much damage. And fortunately Rika ain't not Masae when it comes to dyeing hair :P

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2006, 10:49:41 AM »
Quote from: Masa
I love it when chicks with dark skin go blonde. IMO Jessica Alba, Christina Milian, Beyonce etc. all look hotter with blonde hair.  

Yeah, but the girls you listed aren't Asian XD What I meant was Japanese people, and some Asians in general, can't pull it off. But that Rika somewhat can, especially if it's styled, not just 'left like it is'.

Offline ishikawamaki

• Member+
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2006, 03:23:24 PM »
i like it!!! ahahah
it looks beta now...
i don't like her short black here before..
but now..it reminds me a bit of NAKAZAWA YUKO No.2??

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aeronauts - 5 days