JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Punk

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 548904 times)

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
Re: Official NHL Thread
« Reply #2000 on: January 09, 2013, 10:41:49 PM »
YOUR STANLEY CUP PICKS. Give it to me!!  :jphip: I gotta feeling the Oilers gonna squeak into the playoffs. Everyone gonna be on dat high and it'll be just enough in this shortened season. START FAST. LETS GO.

Hockey analysts are giving best odds to the Penguins who are closely followed by the Rangers. I gotta give it to the Rangers though if only because they're my team. We have a perennial top 5 goalie fresh off winning the Vezina. Everyone is healthy except for Michael Sauer (poor guy might never play again  :( ) Defensive is solid. Could be better but Dan Girardi, Marc Staal, Ryan Mcdonagh and Michael Del Zotto are a wonderful top 4. Admittedly we're lacking a good 3rd pair, but what can ya do. Still have Gaborik and Richards. Added Rick Nash and suddenly our sometimes stilted offense might average a higher GPG. Henrik can win us games 2-1 or 1-0 but we gotta do more infront of him to ease the pressure. Hence, the addition of Rick Nash. If we can't get it done this year, then idk when it'll get done. Henrik isn't getting any younger and neither are Richards and Gabby. Oh, and Chris Kreider coming straight outa college making an impact in the playoffs last year was wonderful. He has some high expectations this year.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2001 on: January 10, 2013, 05:34:59 AM »
At any rate, the next few days are important, as we're going to see whether or not both the owners and players vote to ratify/approve the new CBA.
Ok, the owners ratified the CBA with a 30-0 approval vote. We're now one step closer. :)

Board of Governors ratifies terms of new CBA
Wednesday, 01.09.2013 / 6:01 PM / News
By Dan Rosen - NHL.com Senior Writer

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League's Board of Governors voted unanimously Wednesday to ratify the new 10-year Collective Bargaining Agreement between the League and the National Hockey League Players' Association.

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs, who serves as the Chairman of the Board of Governors, confirmed the unanimous ratification vote during a press conference held at the Westin Times Square.

"To the players, who were very clear they wanted to be on the ice and not negotiating labor contracts; to our partners, who support the League financially and personally; and, most importantly, to our fans, who love and have missed NHL hockey, I am sorry," Commissioner Bettman said. "I know that an explanation or an apology will not erase the hard feelings that have built up over the past few months, but I owe you an apology nevertheless.

"The National Hockey League has a responsibility to earn back your trust and support whether you watch one game or every game, and that effort begins today," Commissioner Bettman later added. "The players are ready to play their hearts out for you. The teams are preparing to welcome you back with open arms. The wait is just about over. Like all of you, we can't wait to drop the puck."

The new CBA will not be official until the NHLPA completes its ratification vote, which according to a Union spokesperson is expected to be Saturday. Commissioner Bettman said the 2012-13 regular-season schedule will be released "instantaneously" after the players' ratification vote is complete and the CBA is signed.

"There is no doubt we all love this game," Jacobs said. "Together our collective future is extremely bright. Our only interest now is to look ahead and focus on what this great game can provide to the best sports fans in the world."

The Board's ratification vote comes four days after representatives from the NHL and NHLPA spent 16 hours with a federal mediator in a New York City hotel hammering out the framework of a new CBA.

The NHL and NHLPA had been without a CBA since Sept. 16.

"Our fans are incredibly passionate about our game and were frustrated and disappointed about the fact that we weren't playing, and, frankly, they didn't care who was at fault, they wanted hockey back," Commissioner Bettman said. "I completely understand that and, as commissioner of the League, no matter what your view of the world in terms of how and why and whatever, it is my responsibility to them to try to make it right."

Commissioner Bettman said future Olympic participation by NHL players and possible realignment of teams would be looked at in the future. Those issues are not directly covered in the new CBA.

"Both issues are important to the players, the League and the clubs," Commissioner Bettman said. "Neither are bargaining chips -- they are really working together as partners, problem solving to get to the right place."

In issuing his apology, Commissioner Bettman confirmed the length of the new CBA (10 years) and said it should "stand the test of time with a system where all teams can be competitive and have a chance to make the playoffs, and even win the Stanley Cup."

Commissioner Bettman also said the negotiations took longer than anybody wanted and he is aware the length of time hurt many of the League's supporters in various ways.

"In the end, neither side got everything it wanted -- and everyone lost in the short term," Commissioner Bettman said. "But the NHL gained a long-term agreement that's good for players and good for teams and should guarantee the future success of NHL hockey for many years to come. It will help the game to grow, ensuring greater economic stability for all of our teams.

"Once the players ratify the Agreement, all the things that you love most about NHL hockey -- the speed, the intensity, the skill, the teamwork and the incredible passion -- will greet you once again," he added. "As I said, we know that no words of apology or explanation will soften the disappointment. I read the letters, I followed the tweets, I read the blogs -- we have a lot of work to do."
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=649659
VIDEO CLIP (INCLUDES BETTMAN'S APOLOGY) - http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=192205

Now it's up to the players; their vote will be done electronically over two days (this Friday and Saturday).

With that being said, the staff at the MTS Centre figured it's time to bring the big-ass logo back.  :thumbsup
VIDEO CLIP - http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=96&id=192040

Lol what IS up with the Jets? Pvalelic got a DUI too? They the Detroit Lions of the NHL :P
That whole thing with Pavelec is that it wasn't until AFTER the contract was signed that people (and in particular, the Jets' ownership) found out about it, which then made it look like he deliberately kept it (his DUI arrest and conviction) a secret from them out of fear that he would not be able to get as good of a deal.

EDIT:
VIDEO CLIP - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/multimedia/video/jets/pavelec-speaks-to-media-on-dui-conviction-186181502.html

EDIT 2:
   :thumbsup
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:57:52 PM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2002 on: January 13, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
Union ratifies new CBA
Saturday, 01.12.2013 / 4:55 PM / News | NHL.com

The National Hockey League Players Association has voted to ratify the new Collective Bargaining Agreement with the NHL.

The Union announced the results of the ratification vote its membership conducted over a 36-hour period ending at 8 a.m. ET Saturday. The vote was done electronically, via secret ballot.

The National Hockey League ratified the proposed 10-year CBA on Wednesday with a unanimous vote by its 30 teams at a Board of Governors meeting in New York City.

Now that both sides have ratified the agreement, each side must sign a Memorandum of Understanding before the CBA becomes final. The MOU is basically an abridged version of the CBA, spelling out the terms under which the League and its players will operate.

Once the MOU is signed by both parties, the mechanics of the 2012-13 season -- the release of the regular-season schedule, the opening of training camps and official contact between teams and their players -- will begin.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=649889

NHL, NHLPA sign Collective Bargaining Agreement
Saturday, 01.12.2013 / 10:37 PM / News | NHL.com

NEW YORK/TORONTO -- The National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players’ Association today signed a Memorandum of Understanding reflecting the terms of a new, 10-year Collective Bargaining Agreement. Team training camps will open on Sunday, and a 720-game regular-season schedule (48 games per team) will begin on Saturday, January 19.

The wide-ranging Agreement includes an economic system under which Hockey Related Revenues (HRR) will be shared 50%-50% between Owners and the Players. The Agreement includes terms that limit the length of individual Player contracts to seven years (eight when a team is re-signing its own Player) and regulates the compensation structure, year-to-year variability and defining minimum value.

The new Agreement, the longest in League history, also features a new defined benefit pension plan for the Players; enhanced revenue sharing among the Clubs; creation of a Revenue Sharing Oversight Committee, on which the Union will participate; creation of an Industry Growth Fund, designed to make long-term improvements in the revenue-generating potential of low-grossing Clubs; the ability of Clubs to retain a certain amount of salary in Player trades; a Player playoff prize pool that doubles in size to $13 million in Year 1, rising to $17 million for 2020/21 and 2021/22, and the creation of an Owner-Player Relations Committee – one of several joint initiatives not present in the previous Agreement. The Owner-Player Relations Committee will meet at least twice a year to discuss matters of mutual interest and to consult regularly on how best to continue to grow the game for the mutual benefit of the parties and the fans.

Other significant Joint Committees created or retained: Health and Safety, Competition and Broadcasting/Marketing. The NHL/NHLPA International Committee will identify, create and pursue jointly developed International projects and initiatives as well as continuing to manage regular NHL events (i.e., Regular Season and Preseason Games) conducted by the League outside of North America.

In addition, the Agreement modifies the Prohibited Substances List to include additional illegal substances (e.g., stimulants, amphetamines, etc.) and contemplates the creation of a committee to study the issue of HGH testing and to make recommendations relative to whether an HGH testing program should be established in the NHL. The Agreement also provides for enhanced drug testing policies and protocols, including with respect to the number, timing and scope of testing.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=649967

Ok, NOW we can properly say that it's
:cow:  GAME ON!!!  :cow:
 :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

NHL's 99-day schedule starts with 13 games Jan. 19
Saturday, 01.12.2013 / 10:42 PM / 2012-13 regular season schedule | NHL.com

The sprint that will be the 2012-13 NHL regular season starts Jan. 19 as 26 of the League's 30 teams open their schedule. It ends 98 days later with a final-day slate of 13 games on April 27.

The 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs begin three days later.

But before that can happen, each team will play 48 games entirely against clubs within its own conference. There will be no interconference play until the Eastern and Western champions arrive at the Stanley Cup Final in June.

The 2012-13 schedule matrix will accentuate the most-heated rivalries in the game, especially with each team playing 18 of its games against division foes. Eight of those 18 games are against two of the teams in the division (four each; two home and two away); five games (three home and two away) are against one team from the division; and five games (two home and three away) are against the remaining divisional opponent.

Clubs will play three games against each of the 10 remaining non-divisional opponents from within the conference, playing half those clubs in a two-home, one-away series and the other half in a two-away, one-home set.

Things certainly start with a bang Jan. 19.

The defending champion Los Angeles Kings, who defeated the New Jersey Devils in a six-game Final last June, raise their banner before a matinee game (3 p.m. ET) against the Chicago Blackhawks that will be carried by NBC in the U.S. and CBC in Canada. Both networks will cover the pregame ceremony.

A riveting playoff rematch is the other matinee TV game that Saturday: The Pittsburgh Penguins visit the Philadelphia Flyers to renew acquaintances in the battle for Keystone State bragging rights. NBC will carry that game regionally after the Kings' banner raising.

That night, NHL Network viewers in the United States will see the first of its 78 live games this season when the New York Rangers, and new star Rick Nash, visit the Boston Bruins.

Canadian fans will enjoy a CBC triple-header on Opening Night. In the afternoon, the Ottawa Senators visit the Winnipeg Jets. Then, at 7 p.m. ET, the Toronto Maple Leafs visit the Montreal Canadiens to renew their passionate Original Six rivalry. Finally, the Anaheim Ducks close out the night with a game against the Vancouver Canucks at 10 p.m. ET.

Three nights later, Canada's TSN kicks off its national coverage with a doubleheader: Winnipeg at the Washington Capitals (7 p.m. ET), and the San Jose Sharks at the new-look Edmonton Oilers (9:30 p.m. ET).

Many other marquee games are included across the League's 99-day schedule, which features at least one game every night.

TEAM-BY-TEAM SCHEDULES - http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=85750
FULL REGULARSEASON SCHEDULE - http://www.nhl.com/schedules/20122013.html
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=649886

Offline ischym

• ecchi
« Reply #2003 on: January 14, 2013, 07:48:49 AM »
I'm calling a repeat of the last finals before this lockout streak... NYR - VAN... NYR wins in 6...

I'm a Sens fan... I'm hoping either we make the playoffs or we miss by a mile... given our holes on D right now what with Cowen out for the year, I could see us not winnin' n gettin' Mackinnon... Or any of the top-5 would be pretty nice

Still, it'd be better to get into the playoffs again

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2004 on: January 14, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »
NOW THIS IS HOW SHIT SHOULD BE DONE...winning back the fans by reaching out and going to the local park and playing a game of Shinny!! through their up and coming superstars:

CLASS. The Oilers Model FRANCHISE!! First they jacked our outdoor game, let's see other teams do shit like this for the fans. Sure it's rigged by the PR department but to take the time and meet and greet the fans. EVERYONE. Even Horcoff came back. All the Rookies and OKC geeks. GO OILERS GO!!

Smyttie :wriggly:

:doh: and I missed it cuz I was doing my Hockey Draft and watching football. Social Media Honk I am not FUCK!!!

but whatever GO OILERS GO!! I'm sure they got some more fan rallies down the road when WE WIN THE CUP!!! blah blah blah CBA this and that. I fucking believed they would get it done. They be stupid not too and NOW WE GOT A SEASON WHATEVER LET'S PLAY. I totally would cut and paste Ryan Miller's rant about Gary Bettman being and idiot and how I agree but fuck, I wanna know where I can but tickets and HOW to do it now cuz I am going to as many games as my fuckin wallet can handle and BEST BELIEVE I beed orange and blue!!

Here's some Ol' Nostalgia Oilers JUST FOR YOU :hipheart: HOCKEY FANS!! Blast from the 80s with Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Anderson, Coffey, Sather, and narrated by Kevin Lowe, in the most candid and raw sports documentary you ever did see:

GET IT

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2005 on: January 17, 2013, 10:40:10 AM »
2 1 TODAY IS THE SEASON OPENER!!!! :twothumbs

Is hockey hard? "I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner, and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us, oh yeah did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick? Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."
-Brendan Shanahan

edit -- SportsCenter's latest commercial!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:02:08 PM by Forthisgift »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2006 on: January 19, 2013, 09:03:52 PM »
HOCKEY STARTO!!!

I'm getting chills Broz, and A GRIN as wide as Joey Moss' face!!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2007 on: January 20, 2013, 08:30:22 AM »

Welcome to the NHL, Mikael Granlund! :finland:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2008 on: January 20, 2013, 08:50:27 AM »
I see two ex-Oilers on his line :lol:  that was some SICK hands. minnesota is gonna be a threat with how they loaded the FUCK UP!!

Best name ever, Grant Clitsome: http://jets.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471482 put him on the PP!! Scheifele was wiffing!

WHATTA start to the season, holy shit did the Kings look rusty - or was it Quick who was just grabbing air haha!!!

CANT FUCKING WAIT! Oilers first game of the season and home opener, gonna try to go as many games I can afford = nosebleeds in Section 335, everyone worried about Dubnyk he'll be fine. with some veteran goaltending pushing him - he'll take it to the next level GET DAT SANDPAPER. Mark Fristic was just what the Oilers needed, the first clip you see is him blowing up Lander.  Hope Hordichuk and Eager get some fights in - Kreuger "let em play" style only sets up the stars getting targeted. ESP. with Eberle and Hall getting "A" now.

MY PREDICTION: Oilers vs Rangers in the Finals. CUP #6 DAT OIL DYNASTY SHIT!! Oilers so badass, they were sponsored by Nike before they made jerseys on the regular:

FUCK THE NUCKS!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2009 on: January 20, 2013, 10:15:34 AM »

Dat Teemu :thumbup

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2010 on: January 20, 2013, 06:48:29 PM »
CHILLS BRO

:lol: Eberle goatee

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2011 on: January 20, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »
Sorry Canucks, but I couldn't help but start giggling when poor Schneider got yanked in the 2nd period after letting in 3 goals within 5 minutes. :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2012 on: January 22, 2013, 09:29:21 AM »
who said the lockout would benefit the young guns. OLD MAN POWER!! Selanne and Jagr ripping shit up:

OH FUCK!! too bad Luongo, holy shit, back in the daze when Canucks would just back break you with timely goals like a Sedin spin-o-rama doorstep popper, and Luongo standing on his head - PPs up the ASS. Dubnyk letting a bad goal. Oilers would fold. BUT SHIT the young guns keep coming in waves until BOOOM #83 locks and loads.

Still Eberle got a sick ass backhander WHOOT

Liked Justin Schultz jumpin in on the PLAY WOW. And Yakupov lookin a lil lost at times but he stayed within the system, him being with Gagner and Hemsky - he's bound to get 20 goals.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2013 on: January 23, 2013, 09:57:19 AM »
Gotta say MAD PROPS to Josh Harding battling MS multiple sclerosis whom he feels this season is like "a tryout."

"I've got to go out there and prove to everybody that I can still do what I've been doing all my life," the goaltender said last week. SHUTS EM DOWN!

Anyone who is fan of LIFE gotta love what he's doing.

OOH Sharks just stepped it up, Dubnyk SUCKS! FIRE THE COACH!! TRADE EM AL!! Lol fuckin bandwagon Oiler fans booing? Come on just 6-1 after 1 period. Yakupov and Justin Schultz got their first goals of the season!! What's this Luongo to Oilers rumor?? XD fuck that'd be wack.

Sounds like Oilers getting THAT Arena Deal, with Bettman in town over the weekend. FINALLY shit is gonna look up, and Downtown doesn't look like a hellhole.

AND UNNGH got nosebleeds to the Kings game Thursday. That's some dope shit they doing around Rexall, jerseys in ice:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2014 on: January 25, 2013, 03:58:31 PM »

OILERS WIN!! OMGASS WHAT A FUCKING GAME!!!!

Went to Rexall last night and FUCK!! WORST REFS IN THE WORLD!! Stupid Kings flopping giving em 5 on 3s all over the place and DUBNYK stood on his fucking head!!! when the make up calls came Oilers couldn't cash anything in against QUICK :tama-mad: but like WHAT THE FUCK!!

REFS :tama-mad: I mean fucking srsly NUge went off for 2 face off violations, Smid got massive game misconducts for instigating with a VISOR?!! I know there's new rules but SHIT looks like they got TEXTBOOK on the Oilers and it was gonna be like a RIOT when Gags skate got caught in Quick's pads and NUGE scored the so-called tying goal AND IT GOT DISALLOWED GONNA BE A RIOT!!! shit on the ICE BULLSHIT chants:

BUT FUCK YAK SAVES THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!

Penalty in OT and FINALLY GET IT DONE!!!!! Of course Gagner and Yak said the place felt like a playoff atmosphere. Cuz I was there :pimp: had to rush back to get my FAP on for The Anti STRUGGLE BUT GOT IT DONE!!! CUM ON DOWN and visit US when we rebuild the Edmoton ARENA! Bring on tHE CUP!!!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2015 on: January 26, 2013, 02:36:15 AM »
there was actual beefs about his celebration?? XDDDD fucking whiners, SWEET JUSTICE!!

that gotta be his rookie card (which upper deck and panini are releasing NEXT year) or McFarlane figure. too good bout all this run he's getting.

And check out the Pelicans Finest! Niko Hovinen gets claimed by the Oilers! doubt he'll make it to the big club but hey, he in the system

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2016 on: January 28, 2013, 09:59:17 AM »
Parise looked REAL good, fucking strong to the goal but SHIT if you got Tom Gilbert on D, best believe St. Louis gonna come back. Whatcha think of the NHL season so far? MASSIVE injuries dropping like DAMN Lupul out from a Phaneuf shot lol WHO KNEW the Blackhawks can get back on top again 6-0!! Flyers and Rangers stumbling, Kings finally got the first win....I'm sure shit will even out by the midway point.

meanwhile FUCKING Oilers can't buy a consistent game lol - one bad outing every other game by Dubnyk, like shit letting pucks poop into the goal. Then again those same FUCKING REFS from the LA game came and let Flamers just stand in the crease :tama-mad:

GO J.SCHULTZ!!

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2017 on: January 28, 2013, 07:49:21 PM »
"I thought that little shit(silenced) Ferriero played well"

Ahh Torts... the right coach for the right market. It's at 1:18.

Lets get a big W tomorrow and build off that feel good win 2 nights ago.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2018 on: January 29, 2013, 09:09:37 AM »
LOVE IT!! He was already "Next Question" Game 1 of the season. FUCK DA LEAFS!!!

slice and DICE the Avs, wow Yakupov didn't over-celebrate but that was pure precision on the PP. Ebz! Horc! Hemsky!

LOL Oilers have a Shoop Contest, more Jerseys to be WON! http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=86345

this is my entry with Horc and J. Schultz

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2019 on: January 30, 2013, 08:35:08 AM »
LOL Arnott was gonna sign with the Rangers but he didn't pass the physical. DAMN even with the Slats MAd Connect.  Hope it ain't nuttin serious, if this is the last hurrah, MAD PROPS Jason Arnott, getting the Cups with Jersey, the trade got the Oilers Bill Guerin and that magical upsets in the late 90s YOU GOTTA BELIEVE.

Just look at The Pure Pimp. Horcoff may have passed Tikk in the all time Oilers scoring list but DUDE ain't nobody gonna touch his class.

Lookin forward to that rare "My FAVE TEAMS iN Same City" night tmr!! Khabby back against the Coyotes!! Lakers reuniting with the Suns!

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Punk