JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dip - It`s Too Late

Author Topic: [CONTEST] Who is JPH!P’s Ultimate Geek?  (Read 3347 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[CONTEST] Who is JPH!P’s Ultimate Geek?
« on: January 25, 2010, 07:41:25 AM »
[CONTEST] Who is JPH!P’s Ultimate Geek?

Straight up, geeks make the world go 'round. There's a geek inside us all. This could mean collecting comic books, buying the latest mobile internet gadget, or you have the sorest thumbs on the planet. The Ultimate Geek could also mean someone extremely helpful in tech problems, dedication to a certain fandom, unparalleled gaming prowess. Whatever your definition is, we want to hear about who you think is JPH!P’s Ultimate Geek.

You can submit your entries in two ways:

* Video entry – submit a video (ideally featuring the person) telling us why this HiPster deserves the honour of JPH!P’s Ultimate Geek. Max length is 5 minutes. Please post your video on YouTube and include the link with your registration.
    * Written and photo entry – submit an essay (max 500 words) and a photo/illustration (max 5 images) telling us why this HiPster deserve the honour of JPH!P’s Ultimate Geek.

PM ENTRIES to Masa or daigong

The Prizes:

Grand Prize: What would a contest be without some amazing prizes? Winner of the JPH!P’s Ultimate Geek will receive a $25 Gift Certificate to an online store of their choice!

Best Video Entry: The lucky winner of the JPH!P’s Ultimate Geek video entry contest will have their winning video showcased on JPHiP.com and JPHiP.tv - a chance to introduce their video alongside their favorite JPH!P Radio host of choice! Winner of the video contest will also receive an autographed sticker signed by the Crack Staff.

Contest Details:

This contest will run from January 25 – 31 and closes on January 31 at 11:59 p.m. YOUR TIME!

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
Re: [CONTEST] Who is JPH!P’s Ultimate Geek?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 09:42:50 AM »
I'm pretty sure tamatron is the winner of this :3
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 11:47:07 AM by Davetron »

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 11:13:26 AM »
OI!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 06:38:24 AM »
I resisted using the Evil Super Villain with glasses :tama: for the thread pic LOL!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CONTEST] Who is JPH!P’s Ultimate Geek? (THE WINNER IS...)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 06:23:13 AM »
^ Unfortunately, Crack Staff are not eligible...so with the ONE entry we got, your winner of JPH!P's Ultimate Geek Contest is:

KUROSAWA87 :jphip:

Here is his entry:

Quote from: kurosawa87
A geek is usually defined as a person who is outside of the box, not being part of the normal society, and I believe I am the ultimate geek.  Now, to define what type of geek am I?  I don't read a lot of books but I keep myself up to date with news and learning as much trivia as possible.  Jeopardy! Is my favorite show and I usually try to catch it when I have the time.  Now, to be a trivia buff, you have to be knowledgeable in all areas and that is particularly difficult when you are a student.  In addition, the knowledge is always progressing and you have to pick it up right away before it becomes general knowledge.
In high school, we used to have trivia competitions and it was hilarious that the person they turned to was me.  When we had a scrimmage against the top class, everyone was trusting on me to get all the answers correct.  In a way, all the eyes were concentrating on my brain, which in another way that has brought the attention of women.  Women like the smart and witty me, they have thought me a lot more about women themselves and I hope that could work out for me in the end.  I have been a continuous learner of everything possible and why not take on such topics as psychology or history. 
In addition, Japanese culture has also caught my attention and I guess as a Japanese geek too, I like to look around places that provide Japanese food and reading material.  I live by a Japanese goods store and I frequent the place quite a lot and I bought stuff like taiyaki, takoyaki flour, takoyaki pan, and sushi rice on one occasion or another.  I learned a lot from speaking too and many have corrected my noobish Japanese to sort of a hybrid in where I can talk to more local Japanese than the nationals.
This ends my essay about me being a geek in trivia and Japanese culture, it has brought me a lot of friends that I would have never made if I did not obtain this knowledge.  Therefore, I am a happy person to learn and continuously learn.

CONGRATS!! PM daigong your email for prize claiming.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 11:33:27 AM »
Well I would like to thank Dai and Masa for this forum and putting up this competition, I thought there were many out there wanting to get a little prize for themselves, so I just thought of putting in something from my heart about not defining myself as a geek but a normal person who does geeky stuff.  In conclusion, I can never stop being a geek but I an wanting to make geek a known profession.

Thank you again Dai and Masa :)
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 09:09:33 PM »
WOOHOO! Congrats.  Them's the two most beautiful words in the English language.  "DE-FAULT!"

You are truly #1 (out of... 1?)
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dip - It`s Too Late