JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfect Piano Lesson - Two Hundred And Forty One Mondays

Author Topic: Meet the world's top World of Warcraft player  (Read 2236 times)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Meet the world's top World of Warcraft player
« on: December 02, 2009, 01:29:06 PM »
That's an unofficial title, though I think it's pretty safe to say that "Little Gray" has played more Warcraft than you. A lot more.

Courtesy of Gamepro comes word of the Taiwanese player's absolutely insane Warcraft accomplishments. In addition to having nabbed every single one of the game's achievements (minus a brand new one that cropped up in the game's latest patch), he's the first player to complete all 986 tasks listed in the game's Armory. Considering that over 11.5 million people play the game worldwide, that's one heck of an honor.

And that's just the tip of this online gaming iceberg. Playing as a Tauren Druid, Little Gray has racked up some staggering numbers: he's completed nearly 6,000 quests at the rate of about 14.5 per day and killed nearly 500,000 enemies while dying only 8,543 times himself.

How? By doling out an awe-inspiring 7,255,538,878 points of damage...but before you label him some sort of mindless brute, know that he at least had the heart to heal 1,377,435,762 points of that back. Unsurprisingly, he's also a bit of a loner, having "waved" at other players only once.

If it's tough to put these massive numbers into a real-world context, consider this: a member of our Yahoo! Games team (who will remain unnamed) once logged an average of six hours a day playing the game over the course of a year -- and never came close to achieving so much with his character.

We could hazard a few guesses, though. At 14.5 quests per day, it would take about 414 days to reach Little Gray's 6,000 quest mark. Speaking conservatively, a veteran Warcarft player can pretty handily knock out three quests in an hour, which would mean about five hours a day for Little Gray.

But that's just for quests. You do a LOT more than that in Warcraft, such as going on raids, engaging in player vs. player combat, and tinkering with your abilities and gear. It wouldn't be even remotely surprising to find out that Little Gray has spent in upwards of ten hours a day playing the game.

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Meet the world's top World of Warcraft player
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 05:55:16 PM »
Now that's hardcore game player I call there!
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 07:45:10 PM »
totally agree and a shitload of money  :rofl:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 08:09:01 AM »
But what does he do in real life? That's what I thought. Unless playing WOW puts food on your table, or pays the rent, it won't impress the people that matter.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 08:28:03 AM »
If he only he entered a Warcfraft tourney, he could got some whores with the prize money :lol:

Offline RoyMoy

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 04:41:01 AM »
Meh, he's got nothing on the Korean Starcraft pro-gamers. I've have several friends who went through their 'WOW phase'. At least watching else playing Starcraft is not completely boring. I wonder how much his player account would go for at auction though.

Offline ADogg162006

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 09:53:58 AM »
My brother plays WOW all the time it's annoying some times he spend countless hours on it. I don't know any of his levels or what not. I just now he plays alot.

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 02:02:11 AM »
Wow, I feel like a noob again. :lol:

And 10 hours a day?! :shocked Sheesh. I barely play one. XD

Offline RoyMoy

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 03:19:17 AM »
Wow, I feel like a noob again. :lol:

And 10 hours a day?! :shocked Sheesh. I barely play one. XD

Wow, I didn't know casual WOW players existed  :lol:.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 06:32:01 AM »
How? By doling out an awe-inspiring 7,255,538,878 points of damage...but before you label him some sort of mindless brute, know that he at least had the heart to heal 1,377,435,762 points of that back. Unsurprisingly, he's also a bit of a loner, having "waved" at other players only once.

wtf kind of damage is that. He can solo the game with that shit.

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfect Piano Lesson - Two Hundred And Forty One Mondays