JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - No.1

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 566301 times)

Offline clem84

• Member+
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #2480 on: August 06, 2017, 11:54:36 AM »
Hachaketai's set from day 1 of TIF.

Good stuff.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2481 on: August 06, 2017, 01:00:57 PM »
Yeah I really liked them, saw both their performances and all PASSPO except yesterday when I felt bad - didn't know they would play as BAND PASSPO today so that was a nice surprise.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2482 on: August 06, 2017, 07:59:47 PM »
Amazing live. Thanks for the link. I should consider to attend TIF some time again.
Hopefully Hacchake Tai will perform more often again.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2483 on: August 11, 2017, 01:16:07 AM »
just got back from my TIF/japan trip few days ago (long summary can be found on my blog lol.

haha dammit. i only watched passpo 1x during this japan trip (lol) so confirmed my priorities has shifted somewhere else.  XD On day 2, i wanted to watch the Passpo hot stage performance, but kinda unlucky as i arrived last minute and for some reason the queue for the Hot stage is damn crazy. i can enter the hot stage just fine on day 3 even though i entered just 1 hour before Nogiz and Grand Finale (and so does my friend who arrived like 5 mins late before nogiz on day 3), so maybe really just back luck there on Day 2 (o maybe its because HKT48 lol). Abandoned the queue and went for sky stage for maneki kecak instead xD

I did watch them on day 3 heat garage performance though. They sing Natzusora Hanabi *yay*, vivi Natsu, Pretty Lie,  Bachelorette, and one more song (i think a new song). The new outfit is kinda weird tho.

This year TIF is not as hot (day 1 and 2) due to the cloudy weather, although day 3 is definitely back to the "summer hell" weather. My skin burned again even though i have used 2 different types of sunblock  :lol: The security is damn tight again this year though. so many dramas in twitter i saw on the day (saw some jap fans RT'ing their videos and pictures including a guy fighting with the BONDs until they're bleeding xD)

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #2484 on: August 11, 2017, 05:33:38 PM »
Last time I saw the band was before their band tour and I must say, they're making good progress. Naomi even did some nice soloing and her overall sound is way better now. Wanted intro also sounds pretty good. Nice!

If you haven't seen it yet, the TIF performance can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/iDOLplus1D/videos/vb.351793158524340/462570387446616/?type=2&theater
(Thanks to Michael 'Obaasan' for sharing the link)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2485 on: August 31, 2017, 05:41:00 PM »

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2486 on: September 01, 2017, 06:04:22 AM »
I think the song is ok. It's fun and upbeat so it works for me. But then, I'm not very picky when it comes to Passpo.  :lol:

The video is very cool though.

This sounds like it should be a pretty good live song.

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #2487 on: September 01, 2017, 09:28:47 AM »
New uniforms.

I thought they were just ok at first but I'm starting to like them.

Oh I like those uniforms!  Cute with the above knee stockings for some members and below for others;  and naughty teasing suspenders for two.  And the colour panels are so nice.  I really really wish there was more video material of Passpo around...  I have most of their DVDs but they have hardly done any blu-ray, and nothing at all for over two years I think.  Get off your butts, Universal Japan!  (Discography here btw, click the tab for DVD/BD).

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2488 on: September 01, 2017, 01:18:26 PM »
Ehm, Passpo isn't at Universal anymore.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2489 on: September 01, 2017, 03:01:33 PM »
Get off your butts, Universal Japan!  (Discography here btw, click the tab for DVD/BD).[/size][/size]
As wattstax said you wont find anything new there since they changed to Crown Records more than a year ago.

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #2490 on: September 01, 2017, 05:29:35 PM »
^ and ^^   Thanks guys!  Still, it seems that Crown hasn't released anything much for them yet, or am I wrong?  Nothing on the online stores that I can find.

What happened, did Universal drop them, or did they move on themselves cos they weren't getting much out of Universal?

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2491 on: September 01, 2017, 05:30:51 PM »
Isn't it a shame that possible DVD releases are being held back by such a small technicality? I realize all the material prior to Mr. Wednesday belongs to Universal but wouldn't it be possible for them and Crown to reach some kind of deal to split the revenues according to the number of songs? 60% of the songs from this live belong to Universal so they get 60% of the profit? And vice versa for Crown? Something like that. Surely that has to be possible. Maybe the potential profit isn't significant enough to justify all the headaches that would come with a contract like that.

Hopefully one day it'll happen.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2492 on: September 01, 2017, 05:32:59 PM »
^ and ^^   Thanks guys!  Still, it seems that Crown hasn't released anything much for them yet, or am I wrong?  Nothing on the online stores that I can find.

What happened, did Universal drop them, or did they move on themselves cos they weren't getting much out of Universal?
Their last CD is with Crown but you are right no video releases.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2493 on: September 01, 2017, 05:51:29 PM »
Correct. And only Universal releases are available for official download, like itunes store.

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #2494 on: September 02, 2017, 12:28:06 AM »
Ah, so that's the issue...  legal wrangling over copyright.  But they are still performing their Universal era songs?  They must have an agreement for public performance then, just not for electronic media.  So that still leaves the question, who initiated the label switch?  If Universal are playing bastards, it sounds as if the members / management made the move against Universal's wishes.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2495 on: September 02, 2017, 07:58:48 AM »
Hm, not sure. My impression was rather that Universal didn't want the group anymore. Maybe this notion lead to less support by them and in consequence to PASSPO wanting to leave.
I have the feeling though that Crown makes a better job than Universal, as the latter don't really have an idea of the idol market.

Don't worry. The still perform all their Universal tracks. Even Shoujo Hikou and Pretty Lie. Despite the fact I don't like this two songs, it gets on my nerves that on every big stage PASSPO limits themselves to just perform their 4 crowd classic (Shoujo Hikou, Pretty Lie, Wanted!, Material Girl). Best examples are TIF and @JAM. Makes it kind of useless to watch the performance for me, if it is always the same.

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #2496 on: September 02, 2017, 11:04:51 AM »
I have the feeling though that Crown makes a better job than Universal, as the latter don't really have an idea of the idol market.

I guess something like PASSPO is small fry for Universal J, and they are likely glad to be rid of them.  Pity they have to be so stinky about rights though.

Don't worry. The still perform all their Universal tracks.

Cool...  but it's just that Crown can't release any lives which contain material still licensed to Universal.  So the best we can hope for, as their Crown repertoire expands, is a disc release with any pre-Crown tracks edited out.  *sigh*

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #2497 on: September 03, 2017, 01:07:02 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Great energy, pace, dynamics, fun melodies.  :thumbup  And bonus points for the booger of death.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2498 on: September 05, 2017, 06:14:05 AM »
Dance version released.

Seems pretty fast to get to 50,000 this time.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2499 on: September 12, 2017, 08:40:59 AM »
Additional to a new tour PASSPO announced their next big One Man, which will happen in one years time on 22.September 2018 at Nakano Sun Plaza.
Now that allows for planning and reservations of flights/hotel in time.

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - No.1