JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Starboard - Urge

Author Topic: US Elections 2012  (Read 16790 times)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
US Elections 2012
« on: May 30, 2012, 11:13:32 PM »
We had an 08 election thread, so I thought we could do that again.
As a note, politics can be heated. Remember the forum rules when you post. No personal attacks or baiting.

The incumbent (D)                                                                                                                                  Republican nominee
Barack Obama                                                                                                                                        Mitt Romney

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:20:46 PM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Shin Asuka

• Wub U
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: US Elections 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 11:41:37 PM »
This is probabaly a choice between the lesser of two evils for me.

I don't think Romney would actually do anything that will help the middle class. My theory is that he would cut more taxes, especially for the rich.

Obama on the other hand is more of a popular figurehead that hipsters like.

This does not mean I'm choosing Obama but he isn't a Bush :lol:
Don't expect me to reply to any post. I tend to not care.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 10:37:40 AM »
Honestly, I would vote for Obama because we always need a second term to see how everything will pan out but Romney to me sometimes is out of touch with people in general and in the end we will find a way to get out because mostly everything drives by private corporations and with that realization I have this:

I'm not registered  :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 07:10:40 PM »
Added a poll  :)

I added the 'not allow to vote' option for non-US or under-aged people. Should be interesting to see if there's some sort of difference.

Personally, I think Romney is very scary and I would not like to see him win. He seems obsessed by money and he's gaining it over the backs of the common man by using every evil scheme in the book. No thanks. And I'm not even American. lol

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 09:12:48 PM »
I'm not American, but if allowed to vote I would go with Obama. As an outsider, I think Obama's done a fairly decent job in the 4 years he's been in charge though I get the impression that American's feel like he hasn't made good on all his pre-election promises. Which is understandable, we have a coalition government here in the UK which did the same thing and honestly, it's like the country's gone downhill since they came into power. Don't like Romney, and yet frighteningly, he's the lesser of evils from all the other Republican nominees that came before.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 10:46:11 PM »
Just realized how the people underage and outside of America are Obama people, well technically being outside of the 48 states, I guess I would have that distinction and sometimes I wonder if Hawaii is a state or just something the U.S. just wanted for strategy :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 11:02:01 PM »

Offline Shin Asuka

• Wub U
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 02:58:15 AM »
^ :lol:
If whoever wrote that must've been part of that Bush's no child left behind that should've been left behind.
Don't expect me to reply to any post. I tend to not care.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 06:18:30 AM »
I'm a liberal person, so Obama will be my pick come November.

Romney (Mittens) seems to be running as a business man, and not a former governor. Wouldn't the role of a governor be more relatable to the role of president?

I really do hope that Meghan Mccain is the future of the GOP.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/25/meghan-mccain-republicans-freak_n_1545186.html (Different video within-article summary)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:41:47 AM by mode107 »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 05:13:30 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/01/jobs-report-may-2012_n_1561927.html
Eh, not looking to good for the President. Congress really needs to work together.
5 more months. Let's see if he can turn this around.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:19:15 PM by mode107 »

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 06:10:42 PM »
^ It is really a deceptive number sometimes although they don't break down a lot of the other numbers which are far more worst than it shows.  Overall it shouldn't be too much panic because of one bad month in between a few good ones.  Then again, long-term accomplishments overrun short-term losses/gains
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 06:34:51 PM »
It's kind of shame because Obama spent a lot of the beginning of his term trying to please everyone and then when he DID try to get shit done, the other side shot him down no matter what. It's really become less of a race about issues and more just about hating on the president (at least from a media standpoint). I've not seen Mitt say a lot about what he would do except scream some empty promises.

Plus, at least under Obama I got my health insurance back for another year... so he's at least done something right. :)

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 05:23:44 AM »

Just think about the amount of footage one had to have gone through to compile this.

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 03:26:27 AM »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 06:48:51 PM »
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 06:54:16 PM by mode107 »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 08:04:58 PM »
The reports of America's death because of this are greatly exaggerated. Apparently Romney goes off something fierce about it, would like to see that for myself. I did however see Fox News' coverage of it, which was basically point a camera and let crazy people rant about communism in front of it.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 05:14:56 AM »
I have been very unhappy with the republican party for a very long time.  Under W they did everything they could to get as much money as they could to as few people as possible(those that already had a butt ton and don't relly need more).
 One of the first things they did when they took office was cram a bill that gave tax breaks to corporations to send jobs overseas. Overnight about 3mill lost their jobs.
And dear old Mitt, his job was to go in send jobs overseas, take most of the money, and watch as the companys failed(see KB Toys).
Also During  Obama 's first term, those in office have done nothing at all to help repair the damage the Bush/Cheney administration  left. They never even had a plan to enact, it was whatever the Dems try.....fight it no matter what.  They have acted like spoiled children throwing tantrums, taking their ball and walking away untill the Dems cave and give them what they want.

So if you couldn't tell from the rant I'll be voting Obama.
Life is one time.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 09:28:43 PM »
Investigation: Mitt Romney's Offshore Accounts, Tax Loopholes, And Mysterious I.R.A.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/03/mitt-romney-offshore-accounts_n_1645787.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Offline redstrike

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 01:15:28 AM »
2012 is not really Obama vs Romney but more Obama vs Not Obama because no one really loves Romney even the Republicans.  The house Republicans basically shrug at Romney, they like him enough but when it comes November they are going to vote against Obama and not for Romney.  I would be surprised if Romney wins and if he does I hope he remember no one loved him and does what he thinks is right and not what the right wing lobbyists want him to do.

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
'Dark Knight Rises' accused of thinly-veiled attack on Mitt Romney
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 05:59:11 AM »
Controversial US media personality Rush Limbaugh has accused The Dark Knight Rises of being a thinly-veiled left-wing conspiracy against Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

Talking on his syndicated radio show on Tuesday, Limbaugh took issue with the role of the film's main antagonist Bane.

Mitt Romney has come under fire from Democrats and the Obama administration for his record as CEO of investment firm Bain Capital, and the right-wing radio host saw no coincidence in the similarity between the name of the company and the character played by Tom Hardy.

"Do you think it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire-breathing, four-eyed whatever-it-is villain in this movie is named Bane?" he told listeners, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

"The audience is going to be huge. A lot of people are going to see the movie. And it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd, and they're going to hear Bane in the movie and they're going to associate Bain.

"And the thought is that when they're going to start paying attention to the campaign later in the year and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, not Bain Capitol but Romney and Bain, that these people will start thinking back to the Batman movies - 'Oh yeah, I know who that is!'"

Bane has been established in the Batman universe for 19 years, having first made his appearance in the 1993 comic arc 'Knightfall'. He also appeared in a minor role in 1997's Batman and Robin.

The Rush Limbaugh Show is the highest-rated show in the US, and Limbaugh is among the highest paid people in US media, signing an eight-year contract in 2008 for $38 million a year.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Starboard - Urge