JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: YUI - My Generation (Acoustic Version)

Author Topic: (Group) Wonder Girls (원더걸스)  (Read 318972 times)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [KOR] Wonder Girls
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2008, 01:02:25 AM »
^ I always love watching those idance videos of the dances.

Yay fo WG reaching 1 million views for So Hot!    I wonder if it's gonna surpass Tell Me's 4 million..
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2008, 12:52:29 PM »
WG performance of Kissing You was awesome. It was a really nice change of pace and they seemed pretty comfortable singing that style, while they added their own little touches to it.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #142 on: July 04, 2008, 02:27:55 PM »
^ nice to hear  :D

download: [MU]

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 02:36:34 PM by sh15uya »

Offline ChiruChaCha

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • cuak!
« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2008, 02:49:39 PM »
Cool perf of Kissing you, it was nice watching the song with different singers, they did add a little their personal touch to it.

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2008, 04:33:27 PM »
WG performance of Kissing You was awesome. It was a really nice change of pace and they seemed pretty comfortable singing that style, while they added their own little touches to it.

Haha, somehow I really believe praise when it's coming from you. You don't dish it out for nothing. ;)

But. Just WOW. They did so well. They sang SNSD's music better than they sing their own music... which kind of begs the question, is SNSD's music easier to sing? I will not say yes or no because I could get roasted for the answer either way. I could get roasted for even asking the question. o.o;;

So Hee actually sounded really great for once. Kissing You is a good style for her voice because it doesn't make her voice seem weak, like the songs they usually sing. And they all looked so, so, so cute in those white outfits. The cute is epic. It's such a different look for them!

SNSD did really well singing Tell Me, too! The only problem I had was Yuri rapping... I really like her (she's one of my favorite SNSD girls) and she did well in her own right, but I think the only person I will accept rapping those lines is Yoo Bin. It was too different for me.

Edit: sh15uya, you with all your generous downloads, are my unsung hero.  :heart: Seriously, people don't thank you enough. Thank you.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:50:45 PM by Pharadox »

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2008, 06:12:34 PM »
WG's KY was awesome, I really loved it! YeEun was sooo good here, I really loved it!!!  :heart:

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2008, 06:31:33 PM »
So Hee actually sounded really great for once.
lol I agree.

Edit: sh15uya, you with all your generous downloads, are my unsung hero.  :heart: Seriously, people don't thank you enough. Thank you.
hehe you're welcome
don't worry about the thankies thing ^_^

Offline ChiruChaCha

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • cuak!
« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2008, 08:19:12 PM »

But. Just WOW. They did so well. They sang SNSD's music better than they sing their own music... which kind of begs the question, is SNSD's music easier to sing? I will not say yes or no because I could get roasted for the answer either way. I could get roasted for even asking the question. o.o;;

Oh well I only listened to Irony, Tell Me, So Hot, Ee Babo and Wishing on a Star and based on that I would say WG songs are more difficult to sing that SNSD's(well Wishing on a Star not that much), but I personally still think SNSD's vocals are better, just an opinion though.

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2008, 02:03:38 AM »
^ You should check out some of their other music! They really sing a wide variety of music which is one thing I really like about them.

I just noticed that So Hee's little yellow skirt in the Kissing You performance is very see-through. If they're trying to avoid the complaint that their youngest members are too sexualized, this isn't going to do it ... o.o;; Not that I personally have a problem with it, but I can imagine some people throwing a fit about it.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 02:08:31 AM by Pharadox »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2008, 02:55:02 AM »
Well I really think it depends on the songs. A couple of SNSD's more ballady songs are harder to sing and have lots of harmonizing, but some of their poppier songs are definitely really easy, sorta like singing grade school songs. :lol: WG tends to have more 'mature' elements in their songs.

Though both have their good singers and their bad, SNSD has Taeyeon and that automatically makes them stronger vocal wise :lol: If you don't count her, you can't really say who is better when you consider the amount of members and their ages. But SunYe and YeEun can keep their own when compared to say, Jessica and Tiffany. I still think SunMi could get a bit better in the next couple years though.

:lol: sorry for analyzing so much, I don't really like comparing different artists too much, but since the subject came up my mind went crazy with thoughts... >_>

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2008, 07:26:20 AM »
^ Haha. You're forgiven.

The end. Wait for it.  And considering she strips half her clothes off, that shouldn't be too hard for you to do. :lol: I have a feeling it's probably staged, but I still got a kick out of it.  :P

And oh my god, cutest thing ever! So Hee doing an impersonation. :D

I love the way So Hee beats the pillow in her lap when she laughs at the end. She's having a full body laughter attack there. :D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 07:56:41 AM by Pharadox »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #151 on: July 06, 2008, 06:22:15 PM »
XD So hee is funny.  My liking for her grew even more <3
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2008, 03:16:34 AM »
^ I know, me too.  :heart: That combined with her better than usual performance at music bank on the 4th. Keep it up, So Hee!

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2008, 07:21:00 PM »
That clip was funny and cute *___* SoHee is growing for me (mostly because one of my friends LOVE her).

WG's KY was good, YeEun was the best *_* I can't stop loving that girl more and more  :heart:

One thing I noticed (or it's more what I think) their earlier performances were better then the new ones O_O I watched their debut and got blown away with everyones voices *_* Damn even SoHee sounded good *___* and then I watched their debut of Tell Me and I got blown away again *_* but . . . . . I don't get blown away like that whe I hear their voices in "So Hot" for me it feels like the got worse O___O?

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2008, 01:53:34 AM »
^ They haven't gotten worse. The trouble is that So Hot is not the type of song that is going to showcase beautiful voices. The singing style required for it is very clipped and abrupt. If you listen to them sing "This time" though, it's clear they can really sing.

Offline ayubon

• Shoujo A
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2008, 08:49:04 AM »
I actually thought their 'Kissing You' performance was very weak. Especially in the singing department. The girl who sung TaeYeon's high-pitched part at the end of the song made me cringe ;)

Offline Kuja

• Member+
« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2008, 10:51:50 AM »
I loved WG's KY and I think this time YeEun totally stole the show, she was so wonderful and gorgeous  :heart:
Though I think they both (SNSD and WG) are best when they are on their own strongest area (for WG it's songs that never ever leave your head and for SNSD it's showing their voices in songs that put emphasis on their voices), this was nice for a change.

^ They haven't gotten worse. The trouble is that So Hot is not the type of song that is going to showcase beautiful voices. The singing style required for it is very clipped and abrupt. If you listen to them sing "This time" though, it's clear they can really sing.
Very true that.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 11:37:50 AM by Kuja »

Graphics by Miichan and Yangstars@soompi

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2008, 06:00:36 PM »
I actually thought their 'Kissing You' performance was very weak. Especially in the singing department. The girl who sung TaeYeon's high-pitched part at the end of the song made me cringe ;)

Considering you don't even know the names of the members, I can't imagine you're a fan. So you came here just to put them down?

I loved WG's KY and I think this time YeEun totally stole the show, she was so wonderful and gorgeous  :heart:

Yeah, I agree! Ye Eun DID steal the show and I was proud of her. It was really nice to see her shine for once. :)

This is pretty damn awesome. It's the "male version" of 가져가 by Wonder Girls. If you check out otokee's videos at YouTube, she's made a LOT of male versions of different songs from Korean Girl groups, like WG, SNSD, Kara, and others. She's really good at it. She does it by lowering the pitches of the original voices. I really like what she's done with them!

Edit: There's a So Hot male version! There's nothing better than hearing a male voice rapping "All the boys be lovin' me, all the girls be hatin' me". :D

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 06:52:29 PM by Pharadox »

Offline ayubon

• Shoujo A
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2008, 06:20:28 PM »
Considering you don't even know the names of the members, I can't imagine you're a fan. So you came here just to put them down?
I came here to express my opinion, isn't that what message boards are for?
So I have to know their names and be a fan to express my opinion on their singing? O___o

I happen to like Wonder Girls, not as much as SNSD but still. I watched both performances, SNSD's and WG's, and was rather disappointed with the latter. I think reasonable criticism is allowed here.

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2008, 06:26:34 PM »
^ I just think it disregards the feelings of those who enjoyed it. I didn't like some things about SNSD's performance, but I didn't run to their thread to say it. Why rain on their parade?

Edit: And forgive me if it came across like "You can't express your opinion". Not knowing their names and obviously being a SNSD fan, I assumed you had come here on a "SNSD's so much better than WG!" mission.

Edit 2: I also may be a little sensitive right now because I've been dealing with a complete dickwad on another forum, so please forgive me if that is coming through here, as well.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 06:40:56 PM by Pharadox »

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: YUI - My Generation (Acoustic Version)