JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Anita Mui - Dream Partner

Author Topic: (Group) Wonder Girls (원더걸스)  (Read 316438 times)

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
Re: [KOR] Wonder Girls
« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2008, 06:09:27 PM »

d/l : [MU]
cr. : 아싸달려 & me =P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:49:53 PM by sh15uya »

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #321 on: September 26, 2008, 06:40:45 PM »
Uhm... I think they certainly have some kinks to work out when it comes to nailing a performance for this... It seems pretty awkward and choppy with the going straight from live singing to the recording and they let themselves down a little with the vocals too :(

I think it's important to note that this performance is coming off of a 14 hour flight from the USA with plenty of jet lag, right like the day before. So, their bodies are essentially performing at 5:30 AM. That would be rough on anyone. I give them props for performing as well as they did in those conditions.

sh15uya... you... are my hero. I think I've said that before, actually. But if you keep providing so many damn beautiful uploads, I'm going to keep saying it.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2008, 06:49:40 PM »

But if you keep providing so many damn beautiful uploads, I'm going to keep saying it.
:lol: it's ok for me

enjoying alone those kind of stuff is quite stupid lol

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2008, 11:28:46 PM »
The more I watch that Music Bank performance, the more I think they did a really, really amazing job. I can't stop watching it.  :heart: The five of them are so talented.

I can't wait for the Inkigayo and Music Core performances!!

Edit: I really, really hope they perform "Saying I Love You" live sometime. It's really beautiful. I actually like it a little more than "Nobody".
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 11:58:05 PM by Pharadox »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #324 on: September 27, 2008, 12:28:17 AM »
Thanks for the vid and the album.

The choreography with the mic stands is cool and the lighting chairs were cool.

The walking down the stairs, they looked stupid awkward. :lol:

If it was after a plane ride from the US, I guess I can forgive some of the not so good parts of the performance. And as I thought, YeEun was the only one with the vocal style to sing this song the way I think it should sound. I think they should rest before performing. The way Korean agencies push their artists is unreasonable I think. And the performers of course will push themselves as not to disappoint people, and that way they're not performing at their best, which is just as bad as them not trying at all.

comeback perf @ Music Bank

:muffin:

hottest WG pic ever

But really though, the ballad version of the song is so boring compared to the dance version. And that ballad YeEun wrote is also boring. They don't have the vocal ability as a group to carry ballads as they should. As much as lots of the fans want them to promote slower songs, in a marketing point of view I don't see that as wise.

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #325 on: September 27, 2008, 02:42:36 AM »
^ The ballad Ye Eun wrote is not boring.  :angry:   Dude, our taste in music is so different. I don't know, maybe it's because I'm a girl. :P But yeah, the walking down the stairs does look really bad. I wince a little every time I watch that part.

... I agree, that IS the hottest WG pic ever. Just when I think Yoo Bin's as hot as is possible, she gets hotter.

Okay, I'm going to pull a card, now. I studied music nearly my entire life, including a focus on vocal music in college. These girls can pull off ballads beautifully. And that's the opinion of an authority.  :P Maybe So Hee isn't the greatest singer (she is actually improving a little), but she draws fans more than any of the other girls. Therefore, she is necessary.

Edit: I don't know if anyone is interested, but I made a WG wallpaper for myself, if anyone else wants to use it:

It's very pink.  :P

Edit 2:

Quote from: coolsmurf
Sun Ye and Yoo Bin Rates Their Nobody Music Bank Comeback Performance
September 27, 2008 by coolsmurf

While most people saw the Wonder Girls comeback performance as a success, the Wonder Girls expressed dissatisfaction. On the 26th, the Wonder Girls had their comeback performance on KBS “Music Bank”. After their performance, they went to their dressing room to reflect on their performance.

Leader Sun Ye expressed, “I felt like a load has been taken off my shoulders but I still feel dissatisfied somewhat.” Sun Ye said that when “Nobody” was released, she was overwhelmed at how well-received it was by the fans that it gave her the confidence to perform on stage today. Sun Ye expressed her thanks and said, “When I heard the supportive cheers from our fans in the audience today, my tense shoulders were instantly relieved.”

Sun Ye added, “All the members were nervous because they really want to give it their all. The performance was not that of a bad performance that we can’t evaluate ourselves. We prepared a lot but it was not easy to show it all at once.” With a bright smile, Sun Ye said, “We are not going to be hasty, we are determined to show how Wonder Girls have steadily improved.”

Yoo Bin on the other hand rediscovered the joy she feels as a singer.

She said, “I was somewhat nervous when I went on stage, but then I heard the fans and their loud cheers and I was so happy. In that moment, I realized how lucky I was to be given a good song and to even be standing on stage.”

Yoo Bin went on to explain the ‘Nobody’ concept, “With ‘Nobody’ that has a 60-70s retro concept, we wanted to get the concept perfectly right. Our costumes and hair was not the only point we focused on. We also thought about the stage direction because we wanted to show a more mature performance.”

Both rated their comeback as 30 points out of 100. “We worked hard. We were greedy and wanted to show a lot of things, so we can only give 30 points for our performance. Please look forward to our future performances.”

credit: joojoo@seoul.co.kr + wonderkid (translation)

I love what Yoo Bin said. :) She's such a sweetheart.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 07:30:09 AM by Pharadox »

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #326 on: September 27, 2008, 12:33:01 PM »
for sure they did improve ... even SoHee was heardable xD

-------------

cr. : 제리케이
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 01:41:12 PM by sh15uya »

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #327 on: September 27, 2008, 03:14:42 PM »
Holy crap. O.O That performance was perfect. And the energy level was out of this world! I'm so proud of them.  :D  :D  :D

Just... Wow. If you're not happy with that performance SITS, I give up.  :lol:

Thank you for the upload sh15uya.  :heart:

Edit: I don't know why, but the copy I downloaded seems to be out of sync when Sun Mi starts singing in the Rainstone Remix. Should I try downloading it again?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:00:25 PM by Pharadox »

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #328 on: September 27, 2008, 04:46:05 PM »
^
T_T it seems to work fine here; maybe .mkv format doesn't suit to your pc lol
I've made a mp4 ver. : here

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #329 on: September 27, 2008, 04:51:03 PM »
^ AWESOME. You are the best. Thank you so much! I'm downloading the mp4 version now. :D

Edit: ... Except that I've apparently exceeded my download limit on MegaUpload. Soooo... someone doesn't want me to watch this performance in HQ today. Haha. I'll try again tomorrow. :D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:54:57 PM by Pharadox »

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #330 on: September 27, 2008, 05:21:14 PM »

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #331 on: September 27, 2008, 05:51:35 PM »
Now THAT was awesome :heart: :heart: Uber proud of them for stepping up and improving on the last performance so much... Hell I'm wasn't even keen on the Rainstone Remix (except Yoo Bin's rap :lol: ) but I am now :wub:
For me, this single is all about So Hee, not necessarily vocal wise, but she is performing really well, facial expression etc... YAY yay :w00t:
I'm all excited coz they just rocked that big time and look mighty fine doing it :drool:

One think I don't like in the lives of the song (which didn't bother me as much this time but it still did) is how in the chorus they go from the live solo lines to the recorded 'Nobody etc' part... It bugs me coz it sounds choppy, but I'll get use to it :P

Thanks sh15uya... I'm lazy with d/l but I'm pretty certain i will get around to grabbing this one :D

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #332 on: September 27, 2008, 09:01:32 PM »
Hehe. sh15uya, you're so good to me. Mediafire works. But unfrotunately I have to pack up my laptop and go on a 4 hour drive, so I still can't download it now (because a half hour is not long enough to download what takes, unfortunately, over 2 hours for me because I have a sad, saaaad internet connection). As I said, someone just doesn't want me to watch this performance in Hi Quality today. But I promise, I will download it. And I will enjoy it spectacularly and all of your efforts will be well worth it for me. :D Thanks for everything.

And I'm so glad you enjoyed the Media Core performance lolli! :D I knew they could do it if they just had some more time to breathe and prepare! And Yoo Bin's rap in the Rainstone Remix? ... Yeah, I'm speechless (because I'm too busy drooling).  :drool:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #333 on: September 27, 2008, 10:28:19 PM »
^ The ballad Ye Eun wrote is not boring.  :angry:   Dude, our taste in music is so different. I don't know, maybe it's because I'm a girl. :P But yeah, the walking down the stairs does look really bad. I wince a little every time I watch that part.

Okay, I'm going to pull a card, now. I studied music nearly my entire life, including a focus on vocal music in college. These girls can pull off ballads beautifully. And that's the opinion of an authority.  :P Maybe So Hee isn't the greatest singer (she is actually improving a little), but she draws fans more than any of the other girls. Therefore, she is necessary.

Well I'm not really going too much into "can they sing the song well?" To me ballads are special in that someone who sings amazing can sing it, but can they convey the emotions connected to it in their singing? Like some person with a powerful voice sings some Whitney ballad, but they can never give off the same feeling as when Whitney sings it. There's this certain feeling and emotion that comes with ballads. Does it give me chills when I listen to it? And to make it that it's not just my biased opinion of who I like, I don't like Whitney all that much, and I used to be pretty much an Aya Matsuura anti, until I listened to her sing The Last Night, that song shook me up. Of course talent is important, but there always has to be something more than that for me, no matter what kind of song it is (which I think is actually more important than talent). Hell I love listening to music where the people can't sing worth shit. :lol:

And thanks for the performance sh15uya, I'll admit right now, this is the first time I've actually dled WG stuff (other than that movie, which wasn't exactly WG) and not just stuck with YT vids. :P

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #334 on: September 28, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »

did not even watch it yet xD

avi version / no interview / 200Mb
d/l : [SS]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 04:58:24 PM by sh15uya »

Offline Kyobu

• PLATICA
  • Member+
  • GAO!
« Reply #335 on: September 29, 2008, 05:20:10 AM »
Huge Ye Eun fan here!  Just wanting to thank you all for all these downloads  :heart:

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #336 on: September 29, 2008, 06:42:08 AM »
^ Awesome. :D I love hearing about Ye Eun fans because she doesn't get enough credit!

Okay, I've downloaded all three comeback performances now.  :heart: Thanks sh15uya!!!

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
« Reply #337 on: September 29, 2008, 10:26:33 AM »
YAY! More YeEun fans  :heart: She has jumped from "last" too first in no time. She's one talanted and beautiful girl.
I really hope she writes more songs, becuase she's great at it.

I really like Nobody and I really love the Rainstone remix, because the girls sounds GREAT!

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #338 on: September 29, 2008, 05:40:55 PM »
YAY for Ye Eun fans *high fives Kyobu* :w00t:
I finally finished watching season 3 of MTV's WGs and it made me love and appreciate her so much more, once again... It also made me love each of the others even more but that's unimportant at the moment :P
They are such an awesome family and each one brings something so special to the dynamic of not just the group we see, but the love and friendship they have for each other... awwwwww! :heart:

Time for something random:

XD Niiice job there... seems hard to get it all fitting so nicely, but I may just be slow :P

I had something else WGy & random to say but I forgot what it was :(

Can anyone recommend some good Korean groups other than WG, Big Bang, KARA and Jewelry... Or even just some really good DBSK, SNSD or Super Junior songs, I've tried to get into these groups and failed besides the odd song that I kinda liked... PM me if you like seeing this is hella off topic... hehehe...

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #339 on: September 30, 2008, 07:49:02 AM »
I keep watching the Music Core comeback performance. I  :heart: YooBin's rap in the Rainstone remix. And when she got to perform it at Music Core, she was so passionate. She makes my insides flip-flop all over the place.

The long ponytail look? She really, really needs to keep that look.. :drool: And you know what? I never really got the whole female rapper thing before. But when she raps, it's so damn hot.

I think if I ever got to meet her, I'd be a pathetic mess. I'd make a fool of myself, I swear I would.  :lol:

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Anita Mui - Dream Partner