JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - I F A Surfer

Author Topic: (Group) Wonder Girls (원더걸스)  (Read 319457 times)

Offline Rayle

• Member+
Re: [KOR] Wonder Girls
« Reply #740 on: December 08, 2009, 02:44:49 AM »
http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_story/wonder_girls_in_los_angeles_getting_ready_for_so_you_think_you_can_dance/

Aaaaaand it looks like nothing special for SYTYCD.  :smhid Not even using the Nevins remix or anything.

Hey look, the girls feel the same way  :lol::

WONDER GIRLS in L.A #2 (EXCLUSIVE)

Leather jackets  :w00t:

Sun Mi is my favorite now. :lol: Leadah and Sub battling it out for second, and sometimes Yoobin gets in the fray too. Sorry Sohee!

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #741 on: December 08, 2009, 07:13:07 AM »
True, they are sick of it (I loled watching them practice XD) and I guess we kinda are too, but at the same time, its still a brand new song to most of the SYTYCD viewers, it'll be the first time their hearing it, and the girls need to remember that too. Even though its the same old same old, I'm really looking forward to it :D

Realised how little skinship & girlbonding we get now the girls are in America, that makes me really sad T_T
I miss the days of Yoobin being ALL over her girls with her charming boy persona... COME BACK!

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #742 on: December 08, 2009, 07:31:47 AM »
Sun Mi is my favorite now. :lol: Leadah and Sub battling it out for second, and sometimes Yoobin gets in the fray too. Sorry Sohee!

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!  :frustrated:

That's exactly how I would describe my order. ^_-

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #743 on: December 08, 2009, 01:30:47 PM »
YAY let the countdown begin! Album due for release in February (credit to WGspectacle) :heart:

Yoobin is still my favourite but Ye Eun has certainly pushed Sohee from 2nd spot... Can honestly say I love all the guys sooo much though :wub:

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #744 on: December 09, 2009, 03:00:34 AM »
Can honestly say I love all the guys sooo much though :wub:

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #745 on: December 09, 2009, 04:48:26 AM »
I totally meant to do that... Guys, girls, all the same! YooBin's old manliness confuses me at times. :P

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #746 on: December 09, 2009, 01:38:50 PM »
Quote from: asianbite
Wonder Girls Collaborate With Famed Producer Dave Stewart

Korean girl band Wonder Girls will be collaborating with famed producer Dave Stewart for their U.S. debut album [Feb 2010], according to the producer's official twitter page.

On Saturday, Stewart posted on his twitter page a photograph he took with the Wonder Girls and revealed a demo of their single "Always Without Me", which will be included in the group's debut album.

"Dave Stewart will be participating on the Wonder Girls' debut album in the U.S., which will be released early next year," an official at agency JYP Entertainment was quoted as saying. "'Always Without Me' is one of the three songs that he produced for Wonder Girls."

The official quoted the members of the girl band saying that they were honored and excited to work with such a famous producer.

Stewart, an English musician, is best known as the member and producer of popular 1980s band Eurythmics. Some of his well-known hits are "Sweet Dreams(Are Made of This)", "Here Comes the Rain Again" and "Would I Lie to You?" He also produced albums for other successful artists, such as Aretha Franklin's "Whos Zoomin' Who" and Tom Petty's "Southern Accents".

Wonder Girls, who debuted in Korea in 2007, is one of the most successful pop groups in Korea with three consecutive No. 1 singles, "Tell Me", "So Hot", and "Nobody". In October, the group's U.S. debut single "Nobody" entered the Billboard Hot100 at No. 76, making them the first Korean artists to be placed on the chart in its 115-year history.

They recently wrapped up a concert in China and are scheduled to appear on popular U.S. dance show "So You Think You Can Dance" on December 9.

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #747 on: December 09, 2009, 01:57:03 PM »

I dedicate my 2000th post to the girls who make everything extra special for me and can ALWAYS cheer me up no matter what has happened :heart:
I may miss them incredibly not having them in Korea all over music & variety shows, but at the same time I feel closer to them. Succeed or fail, we fans are going on this journey with them and with all the twitter, youtube, blogs & chats etc, we get to see the highs & the lows & let them know that we're behind them. There is something special about being their fan! I guess its the mutual love & respect between fans & idols, and Ye Eun showed that when she stood up to that loser on twitter who was badmouthing the fans. They ARE a part of us & we ARE a part of them! :heart:
Making 2000 was my jphip goal this year so who better to dedicate it to then the 5 girls who, more than ever before, owned my world & heart completely this year! :wub: (how fitting that 'wishing on a star' is playing on my random itunes now XD)

Plus, you know, they answered one of my questions on their chat today, so this my thank you! :P
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 02:01:26 PM by lollipopgirl »

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #748 on: December 09, 2009, 02:01:29 PM »
^
congrats ! \o/
and yay for wonder girls \o/

Offline Rayle

• Member+

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #750 on: December 10, 2009, 01:48:12 AM »
There is SweetS in them Wonder Girls? I already liked WG before, now it just got better!

Congrats Pop!!!!!
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #751 on: December 10, 2009, 02:08:13 AM »
who's watching the show tonight? I'm too excited to see this..HISTORY BABY!!! :thumbsup

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #752 on: December 10, 2009, 02:19:58 AM »
I'm...half-watching. I've got the TV on, but muted right now. If not for Pop's request to watch for the Wonder Girls, I wouldn't be watching this, as these dancing shows bore me to tears.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #753 on: December 10, 2009, 06:24:49 AM »
got home in time to watch their performance, then shut the tv off. Hate"reality"programming. have it dvr'd for later viewings.
Life is one time.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #754 on: December 10, 2009, 06:50:42 AM »
In case anyone missed the appearance on SYTYCD:

EDIT: Had to get a new YT upload.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 03:09:50 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #755 on: December 10, 2009, 09:09:44 AM »
I taped it and I thought it was good, maybe a little hope  XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #756 on: December 10, 2009, 01:56:16 PM »
^ You should just listen to me more often :P

I'm...half-watching. I've got the TV on, but muted right now. If not for Pop's request to watch for the Wonder Girls, I wouldn't be watching this, as these dancing shows bore me to tears.
That seriously means a lot to me, thank you! I obviously can't watch it like you guys (and I wasn't home so I couldn't watch the livestream either) so knowing people like you are watching & supporting makes me feel like indirectly I am :heart:

The performance wasn't their best, Ye Eun looked really nervous for once :O But still super happy & proud, they did good! Love the little cheer for Yoobin XD & it was awesome to see some people dancing and clapping along in the crowd, even if they were Wonderfuls, I don't care! It would have done a lot for the girls' confidence to have seen that :D
+ this thread got more love WOOHOO~ they should do American prime time TV shows more often :lol:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #757 on: December 12, 2009, 02:10:20 AM »
Dick Clark says fuck you JFC :rofl: link down again. one more time!

but I saw it on TV. Yeah POPS - the perfs. weren't as sexy as the ones I seen on Korean TV - first time on network TV in prime time? And a lil mixed response from the audience.

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #758 on: December 12, 2009, 03:23:29 AM »
I'm really excited they got to perform on the show! Sure, it's crappy reality TV... but it gets TONS of viewers and it's really all about marketing these days. Plus, I'd rather them do stuff like this than freaking Wendy Williams.

But you go girls!  :heart:

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #759 on: December 12, 2009, 05:04:35 AM »
Well somehow they will have to find a niche into the market whatever way possible
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - I F A Surfer