JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Fra-foa - Tsuki to Sabaku

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 998775 times)

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #460 on: April 10, 2010, 05:43:08 AM »
DP kinda reminds me a lot of an old Dreamcast game I used to like called Illbleed in that the gameplay is terrible but it has eccentricity and a unexpected (maybe unintended) humor.

This. No matter what the game, even a budget game like Deadly Premonition where everything's not up to a shiny level of polish, Vinny tries to see the positive side out of it. He's pretty much the face behind Giant Bomb's claims that it doesn't take reporting on videogames too seriously. Also, he looks exactly as I imagined he would before I saw him XD

IKR! The best Bombcaster IMO

<3 Vinny

Oh man, I can tell this endurance run is going to be great. I can see David Lynch/Twin Peaks references aplenty. The female sheriff looks uncanny to Naomi Watts. And that whistling song you hear in light hearted cutscenes. Legendary.

I must find/make a ring tone.

The weird part is, the scenes they use it in aren't even light hearted. They'll be talking about some grizzly murder at the scene and the whistling in the background makes everything seem all right.  :)

and I guess it used to be even more like Twin Peaks when they first showed it but they toned it down because of the legal issues.

If Itagaki (creator of the DOA games) ever saw real boobs up close, he'd be freaking out over how wrong his boobie physics were in game :lol:

Interesting fact: Itagaki is married and has a 12 year old daughter. :P2

I am with giantbomb in saying the best part about Deadly Premonition is the soundtrack. Well that and Zach.

WHO IS ZACH!! AAAAAAaaaaaaAAAaaagggggggghhh!

Edit:  Found the Illbleed trailer. lol

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 06:00:26 AM by zoolander »

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #461 on: April 10, 2010, 11:54:47 AM »

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #462 on: April 16, 2010, 09:22:57 PM »
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #463 on: April 17, 2010, 06:55:03 AM »

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 07:03:25 AM by shurastriker »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #464 on: April 18, 2010, 01:18:12 PM »
It's weird. I changed my clan tag on Modern Warfare 2 to 'SNSD' (yes that one) for the hell of it and ever since, I've won so many matches, particularly Free For All's, with really good results, better than what I normally get. Think my worst might have been 30-9 and the best has been 30-1. More than that though, as I came to that realisation last night when playing it, a user joins the game called DoctorJessica! XD

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #465 on: April 18, 2010, 05:30:51 PM »
I played today Tekken 6! XDD
After I saw how much Fight money I had, I headed to the Scenario Campaign Mode and collected some Fight money!! :twisted:
But the money was a few minutes later all gone, because I bought the Aura customizations for Lars! XD Next are the Ki's...
And then... Do the same for Lili too X_X

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline orac

• SNSD Jessica for life
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #466 on: April 22, 2010, 06:05:41 PM »
Even though I've been logging into Final Fantasy 14, my system is rather crapily, so, it doesn't run well, meh, wish I had a better laptop.  Might also be running like that though because it is Alpha version.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #467 on: April 23, 2010, 05:27:52 AM »
Recently got Mass Effect 2, 12 hours in. Pretty damn good.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #468 on: April 23, 2010, 06:42:44 AM »
Replaying Castlevania Symphony of the Night for the n-th time. Still as good as ever. Just got the Diamond Plate, so I'm kicking lots of ass.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #469 on: April 23, 2010, 06:44:24 AM »
I hear people pick that game up every few years just to stay sharp on their Castlevania/general video game skills. Doesn't sound that bad actually
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #470 on: April 24, 2010, 04:51:45 AM »

Hermes what a wuss

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #471 on: April 25, 2010, 02:02:17 PM »
Just thought I should let you know for all you Xbox users, Red Dead Redemption are doing a promotion for the game where, if you download the Multiplayer Free Roam trailer from the Xbox Live Marketplace, you can get free 400 MS points and a token to a free Red Dead theme.

Free stuff: something everyone loves!  In a promotional deal for Rockstar’s Red Dead Redemption, Microsoft is holding a lottery for 400 free Microsoft Points.  To qualify for the raffle, all you have to do is download the Gameplay Series: Multiplayer Free Roam trailer from Xbox Live between now and May 10.  You basically have the chance to be paid to watch a video game trailer; who can argue with that?

While the free points are limited to 5,000 winners, everyone who enters will receive an exclusive Rockstar Theme for their dashboard, so even the losers win!  The tokens for both the points and the theme will be sent via e-mail 4-6 weeks after the promotion period ends and will not expire until the end of the year.  So check out the new trailer and hopefully get yourself some free virtual money.

Source

Hope I win, that could be used to go towards MW2's Stimulus package. Maybe. I'll have to win it first of course. Red Dead Redemption continues to look awesome btw.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #472 on: April 27, 2010, 12:09:40 PM »
^Looks like the RDR promo is different in each country.
On the german marketplace it says you get the free rockstar theme and a coupon to dl the movie "The Wild Bunch" (limited to 10.729), sadly no mention of winning MS Points. Also the coupons will already expire on June 30th, so depending on when you get your coupons sent, you have only 2-4 weeks to use them!
I'd rather have the chance to win points instead of a movie I'm not interesseted in  :(

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #473 on: April 29, 2010, 05:30:57 PM »
I bought today Wii Sports Resorts! :w00t: Gonna play it in the weekend!
And bought a black Wii-Remote + MotionPlus and a black Wii Nunchuck! :inlove:

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #474 on: April 29, 2010, 10:59:11 PM »
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 is coming out:
http://gameinfo.yahoo.co.jp/special/square-enix/dqm2/

Which makes me think, why aren't SE making a DQ Vs FF game yet. Could be done with the monsters or the main characters.
I don't mind if it's a pokemon, Smash Bros or Dissidia clone. Just think of the bloody huge fanbase :panic:

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #475 on: April 30, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 is coming out:
http://gameinfo.yahoo.co.jp/special/square-enix/dqm2/

Which makes me think, why aren't SE making a DQ Vs FF game yet. Could be done with the monsters or the main characters.
I don't mind if it's a pokemon, Smash Bros or Dissidia clone. Just think of the bloody huge fanbase :panic:

Holy shit, you're damn right! XD (By the way, I added you to my PSN :3 Thanks for the invite!)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #476 on: May 01, 2010, 07:21:48 PM »
For the first time in a long while I've been the target of some pre-pubescent on Modern Warfare 2. Kept calling me 'gay' and ridiculing me for a negative K/D ratio. Oh how I enjoyed being on the other team and killing him. And I really enjoyed it for the next 3 games when he was the one ending up with negative K/D ratio. I could never be offended by someone who sounds like they should be watching Ben 10 rather than play an 18 rated game.

Played Tales Of Vesperia after a long-ass time. Partly because of Uni work and many other games on the go, but also because I thought I was approaching the end. The story certainly hyped it up to be. So I figured I may as well complete it when what do you know? It's not over at all :w00t: So I'm gonna try and get more involved with that again.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #477 on: May 02, 2010, 03:45:38 PM »
I hate playing against little brats.  I've dedicated to wasting away playing Mass Effect 2.  Reconsidering the fact I upped the difficulty.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #478 on: May 04, 2010, 08:00:32 PM »
Trying to beat the last Samedi mission in Saint's Row 2 - think I need a bigger rocket launcher....

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #479 on: May 05, 2010, 10:16:25 PM »
Anyone playing Nier? Apparently the story is very good and apparently the soundtrack is exceptional. Combat looks just a tad repetitive though, although admittedly it was at the beginning of the game and as it's an action RPG it's probably a slow burner. Getting average critic reviews but apparently those who have played it call it a cult classic.

I'm interested in it if only because of the teaser below, where you hear Rise from Persona 4 being very pissed off :lol: :lol:

Apparently the character she plays is a hermaphrodite :o Which in this game just looks like a chick with a dick XD

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Fra-foa - Tsuki to Sabaku