JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Jewelry - Look At Me

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 998320 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #760 on: September 02, 2010, 02:13:25 PM »
The 8 hours a week thing doesn't sound so bad really. I would probably put in less time in an MMORPG in a week than that. But as I remember WOW had something similar, fans loathed it and eventually it had to be reworked. Most likely something similar will happen here.

They always say children are our future. If this 7 yr old girl hurling abuse over Call of Duty is anything to go by, then the future is grim. Should warn you, there's very foul language in the video.

7 Year Old Girl Talks Trash in Call of Duty Video from GameVideos

What a hateful little witch in training.  :smhid

*EDIT*

Oh I'm excited. Seems like Devil May Cry 5 may be in the works! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

It seems Capcom’s Keiji Inafune has confirmed the existence of Devil May Cry 5, after saying in an interview the next game in the series will have a “western touch” to attract potential UK-US buyers.

Speaking to Spanish website 3DJuegos (via CC), he said the company wanted more western sales for the series.
“Devil May Cry 5 is a game that, when started development, this will change a lot in relation to the above,” said Inafune.

“The reason is that, despite the franchise has some very loyal followers, their sales are not particularly high, especially overseas.”

He went on: “For this reason, it is likely that in the fifth chapter will incorporate certain western touch to make it more attractive to American and European players.”

It’s been rumoured that DMC5 has been in development for a while, with Enslaved studio Ninja Theory handling it.

Pfft, doesn't need a western touch. Please, no checkpoints every 2 mins, regenerating health and generic looking characters. DMC4 was the best selling in the series. Bayonetta may be the true evolution to DMC but DMC4 was a fantastic game regardless. And despite what people complained about, it is accessible. Certainly much more so than DMC3.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:02:12 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #761 on: September 02, 2010, 07:57:44 PM »
Bought today Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii! 8D
I played it a few years ago with my brother together after I bought my Wii and on that time, I had only Mario Kart Wii xD So I rented the game over the weekend. My brother and I havd a lot of fun during gameplay :lol: But I lost all the time...
Well.. anyway! I'll start this wonderful game this weekend (after I'm back from the City, searching for the Golden Sun games at all GameStop stores <.< One is done today, two are left!)! I'll train with this game, before I take some Invitations for some Battles! xD

The main reason why I bought this game is that Isaac from Golden Sun is in the game too! :grin:

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #762 on: September 02, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »
^^Any PC 2-4 years old should be able to run most games with dynamic DX10 effects and high resolution textures enabled. Anything else is just poor coding on the developers part. FFXIV doesn't look especially demanding from previews, and that sponsored PC is just stupid.

As for the experience system in WoW, it's entirely different, and in reality Blizzard only changed the name of the system, to make it sound like you got a bonus for not playing, rather than a penalty for playing a lot. An 8 hours cap on experience/week is retarded, and presumably they would remove it to not deter people that like to be rewarded for playing after launch.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #763 on: September 02, 2010, 08:13:56 PM »
FFXIV is a bit on the excessive side though, my PC is usually running pretty hot (and loud) when I play it, maybe the 8 hours thing is good because it stops my PC from exploding XD

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #765 on: September 04, 2010, 01:53:14 PM »
http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/theme-hospital-ps3-psp.html GETS
OMG!!!
I watched my sister play this on ps1 back then, it was damn hilarious XD
Mice were running everywhere in her Hospital and the speaker announcements made us LOL alot!

Only played the first MK (or the second?) on SNES, but I'd play this one just for the gore fun of it.
Too bad germany won't ever see this released.
Importing ftw!!!

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #766 on: September 05, 2010, 01:14:44 AM »
I am replaying Batman: AA and I still get freaked out about the body bags in the morgue.  :nervous

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #767 on: September 05, 2010, 03:37:16 AM »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #768 on: September 05, 2010, 03:52:33 PM »
^ I have high expectations for this game! ^^

That's some cool way of game advertising  :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #769 on: September 06, 2010, 01:08:26 AM »
Does anyone else have problems watching videos on Gametrailers? I swear it loads videos slowly to start off with, then plays fine for a few seconds before lagging and eventually coming to a complete stop which freezes all activity on that page, or at worst, crash Firefox completely. Doesn't matter to me so much seeing as I can usually find them uploaded on Youtube too. I blame the advertising.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #770 on: September 06, 2010, 09:22:55 AM »
Gametrailers has sucked for me for a while now ever since they switched to the new flash player. It uses more cpu than it should and runs choppy in HD. I usually download the video if I can but I have trouble doing that half the time.

One reason why I hardly go there anymore even though their reviews are usually closest to my views of any of the media out there.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #771 on: September 07, 2010, 11:43:43 AM »
^I don't seem to have choppy HD playback, or crashing problems with GT clips. But yeah, I'd rather they kept the wmv and mov playback options too.
I had a continuous login problem before, but it seems like that was fixed at least.

Doctor Who Wii and DS controllers!
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=19702
Or how I like to put it. Doctor Who goes Wiiiiii~ :P

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:05:57 PM by winner »

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #772 on: September 07, 2010, 01:35:28 PM »
^
My boyfriend will go ballistic when he sees that xD;;;; He pre-ordered the 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver replica after seeing the first episode of the previous series.... I have a pretty good feeling he'll do his best to get his hands on one of those wiimotes xD;;;;

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #773 on: September 08, 2010, 01:14:52 AM »
There's another gaming forum I visit occassionally (doesn't hold a candle to JPH!P's own VG forum in terms of activity and healthy debate IMO), and I just cannot voice an opinion without being shot down about it. People were hating big time on FF specifically FFXIII and Vaan from XII. I was the only one in the topic offering a defense of it (I did label Vaan a bad character but attempted to reason why he was included in the game in the first place) because I genuinely felt that way, and did it for the sake of a reasonable debate. Straightaway I was accused of trolling or being stupid because 'everything about the game is stupid'. Nice, that's a real logical critique there. Assholes. And I said I wasn't interested in Duke Nukem Forever and explained why, but again, people saying I'm one of these ones that writes premature reviews up on Amazon and it's impossible to judge on it at this stage. Fair enough, it is early days but you know what? I've seen videos. I've read opinions from people who've played it. And I've played a Duke Nukem game before and never really got into it. So no I'm not interested by the new one. It could be amazing by the time it comes out, but until then I'm just looking at a game that looks and plays like any other shooter out there in the market, so I think my view that it looks average is justified.

There, rant over XD

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #774 on: September 08, 2010, 05:01:05 AM »
Yea it's the way of the internet. People like to sit and complain about things instead of thoroughly thinking about them and having thoughtful and fruitful discourse. Best to just ignore the idiots. They would probably be appalled to know my favorite is Final Fantasy 12. :lol:

As far as Duke Nukem goes, of course it won't be the greatest game in the world I'm sure reviews will tear it a new one but I would much rather play it than gritty military corridor shooter #3525225 taking itself way too seriously again. Also I like that Gearbox has a hand in it, I remember those guys talking about borderlands leading up to it's release and they seemed like the perfect type to do a game like Duke Nukem with how enthusiastic they seemed to get talking about crazy guns and stuff. Hopefully they will keep the level openness, interactivity, destructibility, absurd, cheesy humor and atmosphere from the original. You don't see many of the old school type games anymore. Serious Sam, Painkiller those are the closest I can think of. The new Bulletstorm game looks great too.

Now we just need Shenmue 3 for the opposite of the 'game that's never gonna be released' extreme and I'm good.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #775 on: September 09, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »
OK! I'm really in a BAD mood right now!
Couldn't find GOlden Sun at the second GameStop store today ;_; Damn, need the games so badly...

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #776 on: September 10, 2010, 09:52:12 AM »
That sucks Ayako. Maybe ebay's your best bet?

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #777 on: September 10, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »
^^ Is Golden Sun released already? Or are you talking about the old one for gameboy?

One day late but anyway Happy Birthday!

Man, I can't quite remember when I got my Playstation, must've been around '96/'97, can't even remember if I bought it or if my parents gave it to me, I still have the same one from back then and it still works fine. My PS2 slim stopped playing DVD's though last year (probably out of protest when I put up the new shiny Xbox360 next to her :lol:)

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #778 on: September 10, 2010, 05:32:22 PM »
^^ Is Golden Sun released already? Or are you talking about the old one for gameboy?

Yay,I'm talking about the old GBA games, coachie! ;) The DS game will be released on October, 28th in Japan and on NOvember, 29th in USA! No release date announced for EU yet...

That sucks Ayako. Maybe ebay's your best bet?

Gonna give it a try... Maybe I can find something worthly there! :P

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #779 on: September 10, 2010, 08:32:21 PM »
^ you could also try amazon marketplace

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Jewelry - Look At Me