JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Country Girls - Peanuts Butter Jelly Love

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 993831 times)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #800 on: September 15, 2010, 12:21:07 AM »
By 10 mins do you means 90 (FIFA game version) mins?  :lol: My brother is the FIFA player so I feel that someone like him should be able to pick up on the differences. I've read about the goalie feature this year, that seems interesting to me.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #801 on: September 15, 2010, 01:56:26 AM »
Yeh exactly XD 10 mins of FIFA game time is like 30 secs so it wouldn't make the best demo! lol Being a goalie would be the most realistic mode. Be a hero for 89 mins but then concede a goal in extra time and become the villian. It's something you're gonna get a lot of hate for if you let goals in XD

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #802 on: September 16, 2010, 05:45:40 PM »
Warning: This clip has some harsh language.

Ten FTW's "Top 10 Classic Video Game Theme Songs".
It may be the only top 10 where they don't let you hear any of the songs.
I laughed. :) And I actually kinda like Mega Man's one.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #803 on: September 16, 2010, 09:46:47 PM »
Lol, I liked the Mega man one as well, along with the Duke Nukem and Blades of Steel.

That reminded me of this:
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #804 on: September 17, 2010, 01:28:58 AM »
So I checked my mail and I won some stuff from ROCKSTAR. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #805 on: September 19, 2010, 01:14:44 PM »
Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick said it's likely his company will begin selling in-engine cutscenes as full movies in the near future.

Speaking today at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference in California, Kotick said StarCraft II's in-game cinematics are so good that the publisher could edit them into one film and distribute it to fans digitally, a move, he said, is likely to happen sometime in the next five years.

"If we were to take that hour, or hour an a half, and take it out of the game and we were to go to our audiences, who we have their credit card information a direct relationship, and say to them 'Would you like to have the StarCraft movie?'

Kotick continued to say he believes his business model is superior to that of current film studios, saying a StarCraft movie distributed by the publisher would crush any opening weekend box office record ever.

"My guess is unlike film studios that are really stuck with a model that goes through theatrical distribution and takes a signification amount of the profit away, if we were to go to an audience and say 'We have this great hour and a half of linear video that we'd like to make available to you at a $20 or $30 price point,' you'd have the biggest opening weekend of any film ever," he said.

"Within the next five years, you are likely to see us do that. It might be in a partnership with somebody or alone, but there will be a time where we'll capitalize on the relationship we have with our audience; deliver them something that is really extraordinary and let them consume it directly through us instead of theatrical distribution.

"If we were to deliver a film digitally this way, I'd say an extremely high percentage would then go to the theater and watch it again."

Would you pay to watch an in-game cutscene movie?

You see, this is what happens when people are stupid enough to pay £15 for 5 maps! You give the guy ideas like this!

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #806 on: September 19, 2010, 04:31:25 PM »
I played today a lot of Pokémon HeartGold, thanks to my cousin, who wanted an Eeve egg from me! 8D

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline a_P

• Usa-ChanPeace Lova!
  • Member+
The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #807 on: September 19, 2010, 08:36:33 PM »
Argggg been testing god of war ghost of Sparta for a month now t_t can't wait to finish it.....they better not  put me on another psp game. Anything but psp please

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #808 on: September 19, 2010, 09:27:47 PM »
You see, this is what happens when people are stupid enough to pay £15 for 5 maps! You give the guy ideas like this!

Oh god, I read about this shit yesterday.
And you know what the sad thing is if this would really happen?
There would still be stupid people out there who would actually pay for it!!!

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #809 on: September 20, 2010, 12:51:04 AM »
I played today a lot of Pokémon HeartGold, thanks to my cousin, who wanted an Eeve egg from me! 8D

XD I need to go get my Eevee then try and make it an Umbreon :/

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #810 on: September 20, 2010, 02:07:45 AM »
Joined a L4D2 Versus match in Dark Carnival on the 2nd stage on the losing team. Played as survivors first. Got thrust right into the middle of a horde attack and made a couple of bad calls to orientate myself, got seperated from the rest at one time and the smoker got me which led to them having to rescue me. "What an idiot", one said. Someone even voted to kick me out. It failed. All I'll say is this:

NEVER COUNT ME OUT!!!

I don't wanna brag, but I effectively won that match for them. Was always supportive as the survivors, there were many, many times when someone could have been incapped or worse had I not been around knowing they were gonna get snatched. As the infected, I racked up the most points every single round, I make a great Jockey, but a pretty ineffective Charger. I made a great call in one stage as the Boomer, I spat on someone and hid, someone else as the Jockey came in and rode him away, and just as the remaining 3 were coming into support, I jumped right in front of them and staggered them back, it actually led to the whole team being incapped. It was glorious. And like I said, we won the match in the end. Funny enough, I didn't get any more votes to be kicked after that ;)

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #811 on: September 20, 2010, 06:47:55 AM »
Let me bring you in to the frustrating world of TF2 item crafting. 

Been doing the item grind in TF2 for a hat.  I've been playing the game since beta and have yet to see a hat drop, so I've been scrapping all the items I get for materials.

2 identical items of the same type (two force of natures, etc.), or any 2 items from the same class (force of nature and a sandman, etc) = 1 Scrap metal.
3 scrap metal = 1 Reclaimed metal.
3 Reclaimed metal = 1 Refined metal.
Class Token = 3 class weapons
Random Class hat = 4 Refined metal + Class Token.

In other words, it takes 75 items to make a random class-specific hat.  <Jeremy Clarkson dramatic voice> Or does it? </Jeremy Clarkson dramatic voice>

Well, it does.  But how long it takes to get the right combination is what's frustrating.  Take a look at the items I have in my backpack.  These are about all the items I got to drop over this weekend:

These items cannot be combined in any order so that smelting down to a scrap metal occurs.  This is the worst part about crafting:  that even if it only takes 2 identical same-type slot items, or two of a certain class' items, you may not get any combination of those two options for a while.

It's maddening.  :angry:

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #812 on: September 21, 2010, 06:57:52 PM »
iDOLM@STER 2 for XBOX 360 comes with something surprising.... :D
The new Idol Unit of the 961Pro is a Boyband (aka Johnny's?) named JUPITER!
Here is their Promosong Alice or Guilty!

The names of the boys are:
brown-haired Boy: Touma Amagase (17 years, 175cm tall)
blonde-haired Boy: Hokuto Ijuuin (20 years, 180cm tall)
green-haired Boy: Shouta Mitarai (14 years, 163cm tall)

Namco wants more female players for IM@S as I can see by this... Because the boys are too Johnny's like! :DDD

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Disco

• Member+
« Reply #813 on: September 22, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »
Rainbow Valley (RCT1) is infuriating. :angry:
That is all. :nervous

Credits to Kawaii Beam for the awesome sig.
Visit my channel!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #814 on: September 23, 2010, 08:12:20 PM »
Tune in Symphonic Legends - Music from Nintendo Videogames performed live by the WDR Radio Orchestra and Choir in Cologne right NOW!!! (20:00-22:00 CET)
Copy into your MediaPlayer
http://www.wdr.de/wdrlive/media/wdr-tv-event_web-m.asx
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:17:37 PM by coachie »

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #815 on: September 24, 2010, 02:34:39 PM »
I only play first person shooters with simple graphics on non-Windows PC. My 9600GT died this week  :smhid, but spare 7300GT still displays 60-80 fps at 1920x1200 in game which I mostly play.
new posts on this forum can be followed using page http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent, which registered users can filter with Ignore Boards Options http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #816 on: September 25, 2010, 05:17:54 AM »
PLaying Pokémon HG until dawn is so awesome! xD

Offline Disco

• Member+
« Reply #817 on: September 25, 2010, 05:37:19 AM »
I beat Roller Coaster Tycoon! :twothumbs Got some Mega Park action now. :thumbup
Probably going to attempt to beat the Battle Factory on Heart Gold right now. :nervous

Credits to Kawaii Beam for the awesome sig.
Visit my channel!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #818 on: September 25, 2010, 12:41:17 PM »
Sony Warns of Fake, Exploding PS3 Controllers

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1122981p1.html

:lol:

« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 01:21:50 PM by coachie »

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #819 on: September 25, 2010, 04:12:17 PM »
experimented with the Reach file share, recommended to all my friends my Killtastraphe!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Country Girls - Peanuts Butter Jelly Love