JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kashiwa Daisuke - Rabbit`s_quartet

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 997873 times)

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #840 on: October 08, 2010, 08:47:09 AM »
:cow:

I just got all the achivements for Altitude! And it took me only 154 hours! :P
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #841 on: October 08, 2010, 09:53:49 AM »
Well, I don't really expect to win anything from this, but the gear that any of us could potentially win is pretty swanky.

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=d84a4a0e185d2087a29db23bb936debb

Pretty simple stuff. Click on someone's link, sign up, they get something called a frag point. Get 10 frag points (basically get 10 other people to sign up) and you're in the running to win something. There are 1337 prizes being given away as well even if you don't win first prize. Yeah :thumbup

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #843 on: October 13, 2010, 12:16:31 AM »
Played The Force Unleashed II demo. Not bad. Just screams as a rental to me. Downloading the Lords of Shadow demo now to see what I think.

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #844 on: October 13, 2010, 01:45:07 AM »
Just got finish playing "The Writer" DLC for Alan Wake. It was a lot better than "The Signal".

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #845 on: October 13, 2010, 04:40:58 PM »
I watched some videos of Heavy Rain and OMG ;_; The OST of this game is sooo awesome!!
And the plot... so great... I need to buy the game! And it is so cheap in Amazon right now!!!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #846 on: October 13, 2010, 11:52:44 PM »
Played the PES 2011 demo. Just couldn't get into it at all, despite the overhaul. Whose bright idea was it to have manual passing mapped to the same analog stick as to make you player run? Many a time I want to pass a player in front of me, to my left but have to turn right to get past a defender, and when I point towards the right and make a pass, he makes a manual pass back to the opposition or out of play. In essense I have to stand still if I have to make a pass to the closest player to me which kills the flow of the game. It's either that or run straight into the opposition. Maybe there's an option to map the controls differently but it's not my only complaint. The referee is super picky, you don't really feel in control of the ball and it's just the feel of the game that's still off. FIFA still remains the best footy game IMO.

Offline Disco

• Member+
« Reply #847 on: October 14, 2010, 01:50:58 PM »
I beat the original Golden Sun yesterday. Tried twice unsuccessfully to put that behemoth of a password into The Lost Age... :bleed eyes:

Credits to Kawaii Beam for the awesome sig.
Visit my channel!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #848 on: October 15, 2010, 07:20:22 AM »
Gundam Extreme VS intro looks nice.
Can't wait to see the day when gameplay also looks that good. :P

Offline xyish

• Masuda's bitch
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • :3
« Reply #849 on: October 15, 2010, 08:22:20 AM »
Just found out about http://hom.guildwars2.com/ today. Only wanted the cat initally, but eh, might as well go for it all. I think I have a bunch of unded minipets and shit too. Achievement gridan tiem GO! Anyone else play GW? Didn't see a thread for it :(

Edit: Holy, this looks much tougher than I expected. Good-bye, life. If anyone has minipets let's trade! I have duplicates, help me out :D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 09:32:33 AM by xyish »

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #850 on: October 15, 2010, 04:36:31 PM »
I beat the original Golden Sun yesterday. Tried twice unsuccessfully to put that behemoth of a password into The Lost Age... :bleed eyes:

Trust me it takes a while. I had to input mine seven times to get it goddamn right.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #851 on: October 15, 2010, 05:41:16 PM »
FInally, I can play as Snow in FF XIII again! XD (CHapter 7 in Palumpolum, after Lightning left Hope behind!)
Snow is my favorite male character!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #852 on: October 15, 2010, 09:16:40 PM »
^ Nice one Ayako! Bit of advice, though the game will tell you to make use of Snow's Sentinel class, you can get by just fine if you have a COM/RAV paradigm for the enemies you meet so far. You'll eventually come to fight an enemy now and again where you absolutely will need to switch to Sentinel if you wanna survive. I'll let you figure that out for yourself though ;)

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #853 on: October 15, 2010, 10:49:56 PM »
^ Nice one Ayako! Bit of advice, though the game will tell you to make use of Snow's Sentinel class, you can get by just fine if you have a COM/RAV paradigm for the enemies you meet so far. You'll eventually come to fight an enemy now and again where you absolutely will need to switch to Sentinel if you wanna survive. I'll let you figure that out for yourself though ;)

Thanks for your advice, Tuffty! I'll keep that in mind! :D Yay, I read about it... I was a bit of shocked, after I read it adn thought: What could happen, that I should change Snow to Sentinel from time to time?! :shocked
Well... I will figure it out sooner or later!

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #854 on: October 16, 2010, 12:04:37 AM »
Well, I finally WON at Team Fortress 2.  I wanted a hat, and it actually dropped for me.  I've been playing the game since beta and I've never had a hat drop for me in all that time.

I now have the Bombing Run run hat for my Scout. <33

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #855 on: October 16, 2010, 12:53:46 AM »
Thanks for your advice, Tuffty! I'll keep that in mind! :D Yay, I read about it... I was a bit of shocked, after I read it adn thought: What could happen, that I should change Snow to Sentinel from time to time?! :shocked
Well... I will figure it out sooner or later!

Just thought I'd let you know cause I know many people who reach that part and think that they have to use Sentinel at the early stages of that chapter when they really don't. The game introduces that concept too early IMO, like I said it's not needed for the most part, until you see a different enemy type that you fight. Again, you'll see what I mean XD

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #856 on: October 16, 2010, 01:18:26 AM »
Played the Dead Rising 2 online mode for the first time!!
reminds me of some kind of gladiators type tv show, complete with titles and announcers and everything, it's very strange for an online game, but it's really good!!

I sucked so badly though at the games, I ended up like 10000 points behind everyone else and had a 6 second handcap in the final bloodbath game!
I was kind of annoyed because I always thought I was really good at Dead Rising ;__;

...but then I went from last place to first place and won the whole show!  :lol:
No-one else knew how to drive the bikes and were just flying around everywhere while I just killed everything and I ended up with $68,000 to take to the main game

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #857 on: October 16, 2010, 11:40:02 AM »
LOL Fable II for free on XBL???

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307f1/?p=1&of=6&bt=0&sb=1&did=00000001-0000-4000-8000-00004d5307f1

One could easily be misled into thinking that.
I tried dl it, but I get redirected to the same page  XD

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #858 on: October 16, 2010, 10:32:59 PM »
^ lol it worked for me yesterday so I guess they "fixed it" since then. Don't really want to play it again but it's nice to have (I only have a 60gig hd so I'll probably delete it eventually and I could just get it for like $10 anyways if I really wanted it). I've also heard if you had any of the DLC on your save it won't work either but I never bought any of that.

I'm pretty much the biggest cheapskate there is when it comes to games. I'm always great at taking advantage of unintended deals at stores. I got Castlevania for $35 at Best Buy from stacking deals ($10+$10+15%) and I got a little more than that for trading it in for Fallout NV with the pre order bonus. I also got Shadow Complex for free because of a bug in the demo. Oh and I bought 7 copies of Lost Odyssey for $12 each from Target and traded them in for $22 each. mwahahahaha :twisted:

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #859 on: October 16, 2010, 11:54:58 PM »

And what we learn about it? Right! Always fix your Wiimote on your hand! XD

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kashiwa Daisuke - Rabbit`s_quartet