JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aya Hirano - Monstar

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 997742 times)

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1160 on: March 23, 2011, 01:48:52 AM »
So my 360 kicked the can. The internets tell me that a E73 error has something to do with the ethernet port. In any event, fuck.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1161 on: March 23, 2011, 04:25:01 AM »
^Damn that sucks...I remember when my 360 got the RROD. I was so lucky that it was still under warranty.

Played a little Killzone 3 single-player last night.
Kinda funny. Cos I only played the multiplayer bit of the game for KZ2. Same for KZ3 for the past few weeks.
Lotsa nice graphics. And wide variety in gameplay (metal gear style. LOL :P). Maybe even a little too wide. :roll:

But I don't get much of a rush from it, hmmm. Multiplayer seems to do better in that area. :)
I know what you mean! When I first got Killzone 3 I started with a little campaign but wasn't really feeling it. But when I hopped online...I was having so much fun.

Offline Shin Asuka

• Wub U
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1162 on: March 23, 2011, 05:58:19 AM »
So my 360 kicked the can. The internets tell me that a E73 error has something to do with the ethernet port. In any event, fuck.

At least yours didn't have that damn no video problem. Wasn't even covered by the warranty so I switched to my PS3 :lol:
Don't expect me to reply to any post. I tend to not care.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1163 on: March 23, 2011, 07:25:25 AM »

Did you try messing with the power adapter and video connections? Hard Drive too. I've gotten errors codes a couple times but have been able to get it going again by unplugging the power adapter or hdmi cable. I also had one when I plugged a usb flash drive into one of the usb ports while it was booting but just had to reset it in that instance.

I've been pretty lucky I think, my big problem is the DVD drive is close to shot so I get "Error: This disc is unreadable", crashes every couple minutes or the games just run like absolute shit. :angry: But I can still install and they actually work that way. Crazy. :lol:

Actually all my systems I've ever owned still work with the exception of my first Dreamcast, which I soldered a mod into (so I could play Shenmue imported before they had boot disks). That one overheated and bricked after 5 years or so. But I blame myself. x_x

Anyway haven't played many games lately but picked up Crysis 2 yesterday. Really awesome. I like how immersive it is. They mix up the action with times that slow things down. Chances to just stroll around and enjoy the scenery or poke around rooms and stuff. I love games that do that. And man the outdoor area's are freaking really really pretty O_O

The suit is really fun, you feel like a bad ass. You can put on armor and run at an enemy who shoots you a bunch of times and he scream's stuff like "oooohhhhhhHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY GOD HE'S INVINCIBLE!"  XD

Seems like a really long game too which is nice this day and age of 4 or 5 hour single player games.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1164 on: March 23, 2011, 07:55:13 AM »
I tried those combinations of plugging and unplugging different things but nothing is working. Ill think about coughing up the money to get repaired. Mine is way past warranty
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #1165 on: March 23, 2011, 07:45:18 PM »
Wiii... I can't wait for the 3DS to release! |3
Then I can play Pokémon Black on my 3DS!!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1166 on: March 24, 2011, 12:14:08 AM »
Read some sites about Saints Row 3. Can't wait :w00t:

I left Yakuza 4 back home. At least I have the motivation to make it through the semester. Yak 4's waiting at home for me. XD
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1167 on: March 24, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »

XD

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1168 on: March 24, 2011, 06:59:24 PM »
Haha I love her on the Daily Show, she's so funny

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1169 on: March 24, 2011, 07:40:21 PM »

I kinda predicted the ending, but that makes it no less hilarious :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1170 on: March 25, 2011, 09:32:12 PM »
Watched the Yakuza 4 Quick Look on Giant Bomb and that game looks really cool. Very delibrately paced though, in the 50 min footage it was non-stop cutscene after dialog after running for a bit into more cutscene. But then they were going down the critical path, they only really explored the places near the end. The city looks incredible. It does seem like the next best thing to Shenmue. I'd get a PS3 just for that, that is my killer app.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #1171 on: March 25, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »
So, anyone else get the 3DS at launch? 8D I hadn't decided on whether I wanted one or not, but then bie brought one home, and I couldn't stand watching all the fun he was having.

My birthday was yesterday, so I figured I could splurge and buy myself a really nice birthday present :lol:

I'm incredibly impressed with the system. I have to say I was skeptical of how the 3D effects would work, but it's actually really entertaining~ The mini-games that come pre-loaded on the device are amazing fun. I can't wait until the Download Store/Virtual Console thing opens. LINK'S AWAKENING! *o*

Anyway, I got Nintendogs + Cats as my launch game, and I'm very happy about it :D I have the original Nintendogs too, but am apparently still not sick of playing around with virtual pets :lol:

Screenshots:

Pugsy :heart:

Testing out the AR-cards... this is just something you have to experience for yourself @_@; It's so totally bizarre, and SO MUCH FUN.

Let's just say I appreciate the geekery in this video a whole lot more now :lol:

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #1172 on: March 26, 2011, 12:22:26 AM »
That video is awesome!! XD

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1173 on: March 26, 2011, 02:13:10 AM »
I tried it out at the store (Pilotwings). I was also skeptical of the 3D but I gotta admit it was pretty cool playing it. It doesn't like pop out at you but it's like you can see into the window. Really neat. Everyone I saw play it was saying how they want one. :lol:

Maybe I have been gaming on ipad too much but the one negative for me is the screen is sooooooo small. I think I would have to hold off till a revision or XL version or something.  :)

Watched the Yakuza 4 Quick Look on Giant Bomb and that game looks really cool. Very delibrately paced though, in the 50 min footage it was non-stop cutscene after dialog after running for a bit into more cutscene. But then they were going down the critical path, they only really explored the places near the end. The city looks incredible. It does seem like the next best thing to Shenmue. I'd get a PS3 just for that, that is my killer app.

As much as I like Yakuza they really need to update some things. They have made the cutscene and battle transitions a little more seamless but it still feels like a last gen game mechanics and production wise. They need to better the pacing as well. Make objectives more clear because there are always a couple points in the games where I get stuck and have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing to move the game forward. For me it's nothing like Shenmue but it does have the best story and characters of any kind of JRPG type game (or any game at all for that matter) and the beat em up fighting is just so satisfying. Oh and the people that do the dialog translation are damn hilarious XD love the taunts and stuff they come up with. I feel bad not getting 4 since I really like to support the franchise but I still need to finish 3.  :lol:

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #1174 on: March 26, 2011, 04:41:09 AM »
Read some sites about Saints Row 3. Can't wait :w00t:

I left Yakuza 4 back home. At least I have the motivation to make it through the semester. Yak 4's waiting at home for me. XD

I'm also looking forward to Saints Row 3. I enjoyed the hell out of SR2...I just hope part 3 gets a better PC port since that's the version I'll be getting (no room/money for PS3/360).

As for Yakuza 4, have you (or anyone else) gotten to Mari Yaguchi's part yet? XD
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1175 on: March 26, 2011, 06:45:41 AM »
I'd tell you but I still need to finish 3, but anytime I play that I always go to karaoke, over and over >.>;

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1176 on: March 26, 2011, 04:36:39 PM »

.... wat

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1177 on: March 27, 2011, 12:33:08 AM »
Playing Dead Space 2, in the dark, is the only way to play that game. Had this great moment where the AI bitch put me on lockdown with those lasers of hers, then I see a necromorph jump down just outside the lasers. I waited to see if it would jump into them but I realise there's a window beside him. I put two and two together and I was like, 'Oh no no no no no no!' and sure enough the necromorph jumps into the lasers and blows the window, decompressing everything and sending me frantically scrambling to shoot the switch to bring up the barriers before I get sucked out into space. Awesome.

I'd also just like to say that it is a stunning looking game. That elevator ride going up and you can see the rest of the station and Saturn in the background? It was incredible.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1178 on: April 03, 2011, 02:06:36 AM »
As for Yakuza 4, have you (or anyone else) gotten to Mari Yaguchi's part yet? XD
I sure did! The sad thing; I forgot how to play her mini-game.  :banghead:  The fail scene is quite funny cuz she's all like "you fell asleep", and then the main character just shakes his head in shame. The instructions only show up the first time you play. I rushed through them.  I played the same game in Yak 2. Those skills have left my brain. :doh:

and that's exactly what I did. Yakuza is the only PS exclusive title that interests me. I basically get all my games for the 360. I got Mafia 2 in hopes of building up my PS3's library, but the game disappointed me in the end (I sold it for in store credit towards Yakuza 4  XD). I sometimes wonder if it was worth it (buying a system for one series) but I can't help it....I really like Yakuza!

Saints Row 3
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/saintsthethird.aspx
It's gotten to the point where I think about this game everyday. Fall is too far away.  :bleed eyes:
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1179 on: April 03, 2011, 07:40:16 AM »
So...I started playing some Halo Reach online again because I heard about the Classic Playlist they got up and running. Only bad thing about that playlist is that all the map layouts are all grey lol. But yea...I forgot how fun Reach can be :D

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aya Hirano - Monstar