JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Day By Day

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 997681 times)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1360 on: August 12, 2011, 09:36:17 PM »
I was downloading some custom items for Sims 2, and came across this masterpiece:

A Sims/Assassin's Creed crossover.  :w00t:

I don't plan on creating an Altair, but I have one sim whom I'm gonna treat as a guy joining the Order of the Assassins.
To add even more crack, this sim has a half brother whom he doesnt know exists....yet (and vice versa). I'm gonna dress up that sim in hero's clothes; more specifically, like Link from The Legend of Zelda.  The tale of warrior brothers. XD
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1361 on: August 13, 2011, 02:51:25 AM »
WTF @ some of these commercials. Glad I never saw that possessed baby thing. Love that Mario cart one though.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1362 on: August 13, 2011, 09:36:04 PM »

I think I'd die if I ever ran into one of these.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1363 on: August 13, 2011, 09:56:41 PM »
Getting some serious amount of nostalgia for Unreal Tournament GOTY. One of the first FPS games I played and I played the hell out of it. Good times. Looking up Youtube videos of it now and I kinda want to buy it XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1364 on: August 16, 2011, 09:18:06 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1365 on: August 17, 2011, 12:07:52 AM »
Sorry for the now triple post but just want to say FU to the Devil May Cry reboot (again).

What's with the pause between animations? Completely ruins the flow. Even that move where Dante spins downwards in mid air while shooting his guns has been slowed down considerably. It looks ridiculous, like he's sinking in quicksand.  :thumbdown:

Also a quick note about Resonance of Fate. As a grown man 23 years of age, is it wrong of me to say that I rather enjoy dressing up the characters in various outfits? :nervous I've made Leanne look awesome with her red dress, dyed black hair and purple eyes. I'm gonna save that one and play around with everyone's appearance once again. The fact that there's a lot of clothing items to purchase and a lot of them are really expensive, is like some big carrot dangling on a stick to me. At the moment that's all there is for me to purchase as there's not much in the way of gun parts to buy and upgrade my weapons. But I don't see myself caring as much for the character customisation if your changes didn't persist across the gameplay and the cutscenes as well. But they do here, I like it a lot.

In fact, after unlocking style B for each character last night, and seeing the clothing items to buy that's unique for that style, there's some shirts I've seen for Zephyr that I could see myself wearing in real life, even the SEGA made ROF t-shirts. Sadly no pictures of them to show you all. I've looked but I don't see them being sold in real life either. I'd buy one!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:15:10 AM by Tuffty »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1366 on: August 17, 2011, 04:10:52 AM »
Wow. Uncharted 3 is looking really nice. :w00t:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1367 on: August 17, 2011, 02:49:03 PM »
Lollipop Chainsaw seems pretty good XD

Lollipop Chainsaw (by Suda 51) - Debut Game Trailer --HD 720p--

I watched the trailer during lunch break and got the song stuck in my head all afternoon and driving my collegues half mad with my humming the melody XD

After the first pictures I wasn't exactly interested in this, blond bimbo cheerleader stereotypes just don't do it for me, but I have to say after watching this in motion my interest went up a notch or two.

Also a quick note about Resonance of Fate. As a grown man 23 years of age, is it wrong of me to say that I rather enjoy dressing up the characters in various outfits?

Haha, my friend is a few years older than you and he enjoyed the character customization A LOT as well. When I visited he couldn't wait to show me his creations and was babbling enthusiastically on and on and I was just "uhm ... yeah that's nice"  :nervous
I may have hurt his feelings back then XD

He loved the game so much he went all out and did EVERYTHING and even got the platinum trophy (he has the ps3 version)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1368 on: August 18, 2011, 02:39:59 AM »
A friend picked up The Sims OFB for me. Don't know when I'll see him though.

When I do, time to open up a bakery!
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #1369 on: August 18, 2011, 03:05:25 AM »
gamescom, I'm coming!!!  :w00t:

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #1370 on: August 18, 2011, 08:04:58 PM »
I was today at gamescom and it was crowded as nearly every year! XD
Since I had today not much time, I just walked through the halls and watched what's new etc. But I played the Demo fo Sonic Generations in 3D!!!! Man... that game is EPICNESS!! And with the 3D effects it's more epic! 8D

Tomorrow, I'm going there again and will play the FF XIII-2 Demo and Mario & Sonic in Olympic Games London 2012!!!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1371 on: August 18, 2011, 08:38:14 PM »
Nice!! Make sure to give feedback on what XIII-2 is like!

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #1372 on: August 18, 2011, 11:24:15 PM »
Nice!! Make sure to give feedback on what XIII-2 is like!

You can count on me for that, Tuffty! :thumbup
Pictures are coming later. Need to transfer them from my mobile phone to the comp and I'M too lazy right now! :nervous

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1373 on: August 19, 2011, 01:03:19 AM »
With Deus Ex out next week, I should really get a game I'm still playing finished up. So to that end, I'm gonna finish Assassins Creed : Brotherhood this weekend. I feel ready to finish it, just need to finish off one last Romulus lair and one more Borgia tower and I'll focus on the story.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #1374 on: August 19, 2011, 05:52:26 PM »
Second day of gamescom for me is over!

Feedback: Got to play FF XIII-2 demo and it was so awesome!! *___* Can't describe it clearly but only awesome!! I played Mario & Sonic Olympic Games London 2012 and wow! I sweated a lot during the game! XD Oh and I saw the Retro Gaming Area!!!! *____* They showed there ALL the retro games and consoles like Sega, Atari, Nintendo, Playstation... everything was there!!! 8D I made many many many photos of the Retro Gaming Area!! SO be prepaired, when I upload the photos! You even could play some of the Retro Games! *__*  Like Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros., Bubble Bobble etc.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #1375 on: August 19, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »

At first look I though it was right :lol:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #1376 on: August 20, 2011, 02:01:25 AM »
I need to get one of those Minecraft masks for myself, when I'm again at gamescom! :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1377 on: August 20, 2011, 02:20:31 AM »
Sorry, I kinda have to get this rant out of the way after reading this silly article of toadyism on the Devil May Cry reboot.

I like Eurogamer a lot, but I found that preview to be horribly condescending to the long term fans like myself against this game for what I believe to be valid, understandable reasons. For the last time, IT'S NOT ABOUT HIS FUCKING HAIR.

Now I like to think I'm pretty open minded about games. I'll play every FF spinoff that comes up and while I don't like some, I'm happy to try out the next one. I think starting from a clean slate, be it in movies or games, can be refreshing and creatively invigorating. I don't even play DMC games for the story, but if they want to maybe put a focus on that aspect by making it more serious and character driven then that's fine with me. Or they could keep it the same, I'm ambivalent.

Considering all that, I think what I've seen and heard so far is just very disappointing. They're getting it at 30FPS but trying to emulate the feel of 60? Well how about you just ditch the engine and use one that is capable? I don't think 30FPS is necessarily the death toll for this game, but statements like that only go to piss people off who do care about something like that. At the very least, you're getting a game that's not even as smooth running as it's predecessors.

That preview can harp on about it as much as it wants to, but I've seen the gameplay trailer with my own eyes, and I've seen moves that don't smoothly link into each other, making rather awkward looking combos and I've seen nothing that builds upon past DMC games nor add any fresh concept. DMC3 had the styles and DMC4 had the Devil Bringer/Devil Trigger aspects. Maybe something will be included in the final game, but as seen in the EG preview, when you read the developer saying that the air juggling is what sets this one apart from past games, I'm left scratching my head thinking, haven't you played any of the games before? Seriously, they all had that as a main emphasis. I'd suggest the developer and the journalist take a look at some DMC4 combo videos on Youtube and see the difference.

Lastly, my gripe at this stage is with the actual character. I thought there's nothing wrong with old Dante, but new Dante now no longer does anything for me. The 'edginess' they're giving him just doesn't look good. It doesn't stand out, it's very much in line with what any other 3rd rate hack writer would come up with. If they're aiming for an unlikeable character right from the get-go, then my hat's off to them cause they're dong a bang up job of it. I'm not against antiheroes, but there's a way you can do it in which that's interesting and makes the story compelling. This doesn't look like it.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1378 on: August 20, 2011, 02:35:20 AM »
I played a bit around with the El Shaddai demo.
Visually it's like playing a LSD trip but I don't get the hang of the combat.
It seems I won't get far with button mashing in this game XD
I keep dying and dying over and over, this quick recover function works like 2 out of 5 times, don't know what I'm doing wrong.
The loading times when you die are imense, I hope this is only in the demo and not the actual game.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1379 on: August 20, 2011, 04:20:46 AM »
Just bought Professor Layton and the Curious Village~!

I've been wanting that game ever since it was released. :U

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Day By Day