JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miimi - Ephyra

Author Topic: Shatner ready to take ‘Trek’ feud to TV  (Read 1909 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Shatner ready to take ‘Trek’ feud to TV
« on: November 13, 2008, 08:38:12 PM »
In a new online video, “Star Trek” legend William Shatner says he’s ready to move his cyberspace feud with former co-star George Takei to the set of his upcoming Biography Channel talk show, “Raw Nerve.”

Just last month, Shatner blasted his fellow actor over a perceived wedding invitation snub that left him feeling “nothing but pity” for Takei. Now, in his latest YouTube offering dubiously titled “Shatner Tries To Settle Takei Feud,” the 77-year-old claims Takei’s the one with the problem.

“George has been mean to me for a long time — I mean, decades and decades,” Shatner insisted. “I’m not mad at him. I’m just annoyed that he keeps saying mean things about me ... I just wish he’d stop.”

Of course, Takei may not have any reason to stop his alleged bad behavior, what with Shatner taking new swipes at him in the form of old “Star Trek” stories.

Shatner reminisced about one exchange he shared with Takei after learning the Sulu character would get his own ship. “I remember saying to him, ‘George, you’re going to be on another starship and all the action takes place on our starship; aren’t you going to be missing that?’” Shatner recalled. “He said, ‘Yes, but I’ll have my own starship.’ I didn’t want to remind him that this was fiction and not reality. I didn’t want to destroy his world.”

On the off chance that Takei’s world remained intact after hearing that, Shatner then offered his former friend the chance to hash it out on his talk show.

From MSNBC
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Shatner ready to take ‘Trek’ feud to TV
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 08:55:19 PM »
^
Wait, Shatner's got a talk show? :O

I'm a self-admitted Trekker, but jeez these two really, REALLY need to just let this go already.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miimi - Ephyra