JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Minami Takahashi - ITOSHIKUTEKOISHISUGITE

Author Topic: [News] Hangry & Angry Concert in Seattle (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Recap)  (Read 192752 times)

Offline Naomi

• Member+
From the article with H&A, I loved that Rika said that she wanted to play Mario Kart with the fans lol! Can you imagine? XD Ill be Yoshi!
If I went and they played, I couldn't play because I refuse to be anyone but Yoshi. XD Sometimes I can play Toad, but I can't if it's against Yoshi. :lol: It's cute that Rika plays. I'm not one bit surprised that she plays as Peach, either. :lol: Plus, Yoshizawa, so I'd have to be Yoshi since Yossie and him have the same name. =P

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Hangry&Angry tour announcement... today! (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Plans)
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2009, 06:19:03 AM »
^ ROFL. I suck at Mario Kart, just ask Kuno_Thunder :lol:

OHSHIT!! Barely 6 weeks to go.

I got word of saud joining via IRC. so..that makes 5 people XD

So they are fo sho going to the Reception?! I haven't really gotten any word from the message board or japanfiles so :?

Best believe I been thinking about H&A Long and hard.

- rev2hd suggests artworks that we could print/frame
- tru is sending me stuff Wed
- T-Shirts !!! Working brainstorming some ideas. rev2hd got this patch idea I like.

ISHIYOSHI FANS! WHERE U AT?! send/scan in your messages even. I'll print em out and put em in a book.

Shit, even thinking of things we do off hours XD

I figured if I went to a Mariners game, I'd be broker than a joke so - Qwest / Safeco tours fo sho.

Fuck! Hope Seattle is warmer than the -20C we been getting up here :D

WHO DOWN?! (as of now)
daigong
rev2hd + buddy
differentstory12
saud

Am I missing anyone? Where u at differentstory12? Let's meet up later too.

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
Yays, more crew aboard.

Affirmative. It's been confirmed that they WILL be at the reception.
Hangry and Angry will be there. Also, all of the guests being announced this weekend will also be there. As for autographs and pictures, you can alwas ask, but please respect if a guest declines. Also no photographs of guests eating please. We want to make this an enjoyable atmosphere for everyone.

Apparently they'll have a cash bar at the reception, too...lawl.

I'll ask my friend for her permission to print out the artwork if you guys are down with that idea. I doubt she has time to whip up new stuff. Also, I can play around a little more with that T-shirt idea I had goin' on. Clean it up a little. Hopefully friend's birfday party + paper + studying for midterm won't suck my time dry. XD

Haha nice little itinerary there dai, all sounds pretty epic. :D
BETTER BE effin' warmer than that, I lack fatty insulation to keep me warm and cozy on cold days in NorCal! :(

Yar, Ishiyoshi/Yossy/Rika fans, better start sending those messages. Even if it's super short and brief, juss do eet. If you want stuff translated I have a close friend who's fluent in Japanese.

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
man...

DIS IS HECTIC, YAW!!!!

i'm borrowing big bucks from my folks to FedEx the stuff from here to Canada ASAP!! hopefully, i would have raised the funds by wed to do so... that is why my gifts are restricted to cardboard thin stuff... since anything bigger ann heavier would be more ex...

and... ah!!!! MY NOSE IS BLEEDING!!!! seriously, it is!

Offline stark

• Stark!
I will of course be there, but I probably won't have time to join any of you.  I will most likely get to hang out w/ them if they spend any time in our green rooms. 

Did any of you get into the guest dinner or anything else?  I know there will be autograph signings and all that too.

So here's my problem... I don't have a clue what sort of picture books or cds or dvds I'd feel ok w/ walking up as a business guy and asking them to sign.  I mean, autograph session is one thing, but if I got them to sign I wouldn't want to have the Karen PB and look pervy...  so what's your thoughts?

Also, if you thought there was one thing from the fandom that either of them actually appreciate, let me know.
-stark!

Note: anything posted by stark on this or any other fan site is his personal opinion and is not the official statement of any organization.

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
^Hi there stark!
Aww, well, hopefully we'll run into you and get to say 'Hi' at least. If we don't get to I'd like to thank you and your team ahead of time for organizing and giving us the chance to see them. =)

A couple of us signed up for the guest dinner/reception, but we haven't got any e-mails or notifications yet, or at least I haven't. I've been following up on the Sakura-Con forum and I read that there will be an e-mail concerning reception details going out shortly. Okaasan over at the forum said to PM her our info if we want to confirm if we're on the list, I guess I should just go ahead and do that? We'll jump at any chance to see the girls for sure. ;) Once in a lifetime thing.

Autograph material that's business appropriate? I think any CD or DVD with them in it is fine...maybe one that holds a certain value to you? A favorite? Past concert merchandise or H!P licensed photos would probably be good too. If you really want a signed copy of the Karen PB, we could temporarily trade items so I can end up looking like the pervy one at the autograph session haha.. :lol:

As far as something they'd appreciate from the fandom, this is probably something the rest of the board members should discuss, too. I wouldn't want to be representing with just a lone voice. XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
^ WERD REV2HD! I best sign up for the sakura forum then.  :lol:

What's your username over there? I gotta spam hehe.

Affirmative. It's been confirmed that they WILL be at the reception.
Hangry and Angry will be there. Also, all of the guests being announced this weekend will also be there. As for autographs and pictures, you can alwas ask, but please respect if a guest declines. Also no photographs of guests eating please. We want to make this an enjoyable atmosphere for everyone.

Apparently they'll have a cash bar at the reception, too...lawl.

BEST NEWS I HEARD ALL WEEK!!  :bleed eyes:

Saving those pennies. Fuck yeah I'm gonna get drunk  :lol:

I'll ask my friend for her permission to print out the artwork if you guys are down with that idea. I doubt she has time to whip up new stuff. Also, I can play around a little more with that T-shirt idea I had goin' on. Clean it up a little. Hopefully friend's birfday party + paper + studying for midterm won't suck my time dry. XD

Haha nice little itinerary there dai, all sounds pretty epic. :D
BETTER BE effin' warmer than that, I lack fatty insulation to keep me warm and cozy on cold days in NorCal! :(

Yar, Ishiyoshi/Yossy/Rika fans, better start sending those messages. Even if it's super short and brief, juss do eet. If you want stuff translated I have a close friend who's fluent in Japanese.

Translations? Cool! Looking forward to hearing from your friend. I'm thinking we gonna take some original graphics from our few events made by our few peoples. (tama, hakai, tru, me lol) and have a snap shot of our bleeding Rika fans.

You have a preference in T-shirt color? Pink?

MASA! Get your ass together and write someting dude. We Bossmen gotta rep it.  O0

i'm borrowing big bucks from my folks to FedEx the stuff from here to Canada ASAP!! hopefully, i would have raised the funds by wed to do so... that is why my gifts are restricted to cardboard thin stuff... since anything bigger ann heavier would be more ex...

and... ah!!!! MY NOSE IS BLEEDING!!!! seriously, it is!

WERD UP TRU.

Dun worry, I'm picking up shit for tru, zay, ckd, Yankii, Naomi? who else? Of course me closest homies.

I will of course be there, but I probably won't have time to join any of you.  I will most likely get to hang out w/ them if they spend any time in our green rooms. 

Did any of you get into the guest dinner or anything else?  I know there will be autograph signings and all that too.

So here's my problem... I don't have a clue what sort of picture books or cds or dvds I'd feel ok w/ walking up as a business guy and asking them to sign.  I mean, autograph session is one thing, but if I got them to sign I wouldn't want to have the Karen PB and look pervy...  so what's your thoughts?

Also, if you thought there was one thing from the fandom that either of them actually appreciate, let me know.

Yo stark! Did any of your crew get my email about press passes haha.

Panels! Can JPH!P still get in on it? I totally missed it  :doh: It would be a true honor for our humble forum to represent the multitude of Ishiyoshi fans across the globe. Any word on getting me and rev2hd getting behind the scenes :lol:

As a hardcore Rika Fan, I know Rika will appreciate just about anything. They put so much effort in all they do, whether it is Photobooks, bikni magazines, or music CDs. One thing that - even tho I roll the suit in my day job...I don't care if I am a perv, if anyone thinks I'm a perv - EVEN Rika :lol:

If there's something they'd cherish? - probably their original single. Happy Summer Wedding where they first debuted.

Offline stark

• Stark!
A couple of us signed up for the guest dinner/reception, but we haven't got any e-mails or notifications yet, or at least I haven't. I've been following up on the Sakura-Con forum and I read that there will be an e-mail concerning reception details going out shortly. Okaasan over at the forum said to PM her our info if we want to confirm if we're on the list, I guess I should just go ahead and do that? We'll jump at any chance to see the girls for sure. ;) Once in a lifetime thing.

If Okaasan hasn't gotten back to you yet, ping me on the scmb.  I'm stark there as well.  I'll fwd it to her.  I know this last week was the craziest week for us.

Autograph material that's business appropriate? I think any CD or DVD with them in it is fine...maybe one that holds a certain value to you? A favorite? Past concert merchandise or H!P licensed photos would probably be good too. If you really want a signed copy of the Karen PB, we could temporarily trade items so I can end up looking like the pervy one at the autograph session haha.. :lol:
Nah, I was just using Karen as an example.  I'll probably grab a new cd as I rip and dump mine.

Translations? Cool! Looking forward to hearing from your friend. I'm thinking we gonna take some original graphics from our few events made by our few peoples. (tama, hakai, tru, me lol) and have a snap shot of our bleeding Rika fans.
random note.. the japanese guests usually like it when people make the effort to translate stuff.  just don't lie about how well you know the language.  we had girls screaming at ketchup mania with big ol' signs.

Yo stark! Did any of your crew get my email about press passes haha.
I never heard a thing.  Did you hit up http://www.sakuracon.org/press/index.php and fill out the form?  Ever get an email from publicity@sakuracon.org?
You did all the steps, they should at least tell you yes/no.

Panels! Can JPH!P still get in on it?
Not on the schedule, but email panel@sakuracon.org and ask kami to add you guys to the 'night panels.'

...behind the scenes
...yeah no.  no chance.  no how.  sorry.

~stark
-stark!

Note: anything posted by stark on this or any other fan site is his personal opinion and is not the official statement of any organization.

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
I signed up but didn't really post over there lol. I did PM one of the staff members over in the Reception thread to confirm reservation. Username is none other than dinny.

Saving those pennies. Fuck yeah I'm gonna get drunk :lol:
LOL.

Cool idea about the graphics, should we compiled it all in a scrapbook or something? (Along with all the pictures, etc.)
My friend ended up cleaning up the artwork and she signed them. They were originally drawn on iscribble, so we shouldn't blow it up too big, otherwise the quality might be a bit poopy. I'll just link it here:

If JPH!P gonna go pink, then pink it shall be. Pink/black would be cool though, since it fits the whole H&A theme.

Yeah, the girls work their butts of to please all of us fans. We'll be glad if they know how much we appreciate them! :)

If Okaasan hasn't gotten back to you yet, ping me on the scmb.  I'm stark there as well.  I'll fwd it to her.  I know this last week was the craziest week for us.
I already got a reply, thanks stark!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
^ WOO COOL Dinny. I still waitin for my username (daigong) over at scmb to be activated. CANT WAIT GUEST RECEPTION.

Totally, the pastels/realism in your friends artwork is really excellent. We'll use a scrapbook/photo album type sheets. I'm a research a few joints. Talk to Fen/Ten.

haha Pink with a touch of black. Just as badass as JPH!P can be.

:D great slack...as long as I get to breathe her in, I'm a satisfied.

Aw, I did email panel@sakuracon.org but got postmaster failure.

I never heard a thing.  Did you hit up http://www.sakuracon.org/press/index.php and fill out the form?  Ever get an email from publicity@sakuracon.org?
You did all the steps, they should at least tell you yes/no.

Yep, I did all the steps but no reply.

Hmm, upon further review. Guest Reception.

casual/business casual-not sloppy. You got your finest suits/dress dinny? :lol:

YESSIR we will need to get Yossi a birthday gift. But no cake guys XD

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
Oh about the activation thing. I never got a second e-mail from them to activate my account, so after a week of waiting I decided to just give it a try and it worked. xD So maybe give it shot and try logging in.

Hm, dai, are you trying to set up and host a JPH!P panel or trying to attend the H&A panel?

casual/business casual-not sloppy. You got your finest suits/dress dinny?
DID SOMEONE SAY SUIT UP? /barney
Well, I was thinking if we wanted to wear JPH!P shirts to the reception we could toss a business suit (jacket) on, slap a tie on it and no one will complain. Though I have a feeling they're not gonna be strict about it, unless you went in rags...or nude. :lol:

This is the reply I got for my PM:
Yep hon you are on the list.

I'm going to be sending out an email to all of the guest reception attendees once I get the menu finalized.

As far as seating, hmmm I'm not sure as we are doing a cocktail event this year. I believe it is going to be more of a mingle around meeting the guests that you want to rather than the sit down affair we've had for years.

Hopefully I'll have an answer for you and can include that in the email as well.

Sheesh I have so many windows open, wtf. Okay, DONE.

Offline stark

• Stark!
This is the reply I got for my PM:
Yep hon you are on the list.

I'm going to be sending out an email to all of the guest reception attendees once I get the menu finalized.

As far as seating, hmmm I'm not sure as we are doing a cocktail event this year. I believe it is going to be more of a mingle around meeting the guests that you want to rather than the sit down affair we've had for years.

Hopefully I'll have an answer for you and can include that in the email as well.

Sheesh I have so many windows open, wtf. Okay, DONE.

Why do I want to meet up with you freaks and have a night at the roxbury  moment?
-stark!

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
^Lol. What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me...no more.
I know, the temptation is hard when two forces of awesome exist. :D

Oh hey, quick question stark. I read somewhere that people shouldn't gift the girls? :( I'm not sure how accurate the sources are, but do you think we can prepare something for the girls on the behalf of JPH!P/fans outside of Japan to show our undying love and gratitude to them? It would mean a lot and I'm sure they would appreciate that!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
We're the one with jizz in our pants. Ain't too hard to MISS! :hump:

haha, I have no idea. I wanna be THE JPH!P rep. asking questions to the H&A Panel? I'm so clueless in anime cons. You so want my autograph XD I'mma keep hammering the scmb for the latest updates!! Almost less than 40 days.

That would REALLY suck, Dinny. We been working our asses off with gifts for the girls. This is the TRUE and BEST Rika fans represented overseas and it would mean more than anything in the world that they recieve our thanks.

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
Quote from: daigong
haha, I have no idea. I wanna be THE JPH!P rep. asking questions to the H&A Panel? I'm so clueless in anime cons. You so want my autograph  I'mma keep hammering the scmb for the latest updates!! Almost less than 40 days.

From the anime cons I've been to (never been to Sakura-Con myself though), usually there is an open mic stand in front and when it's time for Q&A anyone can line up and ask the guests a question. Don't need to sign up or anything. You can just say you're from JPH!P when you go up. ;)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
YES!! I thought you needed a press pass for those Q&A. That's exactly like the Kevin Smith show I went to, one dude was so nervous he fainted lol

Is it true with guest reception you can walk up to em and chat?

JPH!P REPRAZENT!! CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH  :otomerika:

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony

Is it true with guest reception you can walk up to em and chat?

if this is tru, you definitely have to bring "me" along with you, dai!

Offline stark

• Stark!
There will most likely be an autograph session in one of the huge rooms.  Also there's a good chance that there will be a Q&A and autograph in of the panel rooms.  That might just happen to be on the last day of the con.   Subject to change.  For the Q&A it'll most likely be open mic at the front with their translator involved. 

As for the press thing, the soft rule is a news site with 3 years and relatively new updates.  The press folk didn't recognize it when I said jphip.  So you might want to send it again if you're up for it.

As for gifts, I honestly don't know.  Each person is different so I can't tell for sure.  Also, it is supposed to be a time to relax during the receptions.  If you have presents, ask nicely first and don't rush them with a love knife.   :lol:  If you have a big ol' box, it might be best to ask during the reception and then bring it at the Q und A.

~stark

-stark!

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
That's exactly like the Kevin Smith show I went to, one dude was so nervous he fainted lol
:lol: LOL
I would love to ask them questions. I know Ill be nervous as hell though. I get nervous really easily.

Im worried..... :cry:
Im still confused on how the concert tickets work. I cant even ask a question in the forum since my activation email hasnt come(its been a month already).

The thing is, Ill be arriving at my hotel around 4pm Friday.
They said the hours for the event booths are:
· Friday - 10am-4:30pm
· Saturday - 10am-4:30pm
· Sunday - 8am-10am

When you get the wristbands do you also get a concert ticket at that exact moment?
Do the people who get their wristbands first get the better seats? OR
Do you get the wristband but you still have to make the line for the concert during concert day?

Im really confused. I was planning on being in line for hours for good seats but the whole wristband 15 minute advantage thing is getting me confused   :frustrated:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 05:39:08 AM by differentstory12 »

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
@dai & tru
From what it sounds like the con staff are trying set things up in a way we could chat, chill, and mingle with them in some way or another. Not sure how it'll work, the question has been addressed on the board, but hasn't been properly answered yet. Not sure if you could just walk up to them, but I know that we'll get the chance to be near them at some point.

Stark, do you have any info to confirm this? Sorry to keep buggin' ya, but we're a curious bunch.:lol:
Thanks again for more updates and info. Don't worry, we'll be sensitive about the gift thing. Promise not to do any stabbing with the love knife. ;) (Why did that sound so wrong to me?)

@differentstory12
Hahaha, no worries. I'm normally a really big wuss, but if it's Rika and Yossy, I'll go embarass myself in front of them if it'll make them remember me. :lol:

Quote from: differentstory12
Im worried..... :cry:
Im still confused on how the concert tickets work. I cant even ask a question in the forum since my activation email hasnt come(its been a month already).

The thing is, Ill be arriving at my hotel around 4pm Friday.
They said the hours for the event booths are:
· Friday - 10am-4:30pm
· Saturday - 10am-4:30pm
· Sunday - 8am-10am

When you get the wristbands do you also get a concert ticket at that exact moment?
Do the people who get their wristbands first get the better seats? OR
Do you get the wristband but you still have to make the line for the concert during concert day?

Im really confused. I was planning on being in line for hours for good seats but the whole wristband 15 minute advantage thing is getting me confused   :frustrated:

About the activation e-mail for the SCMB, I didn't get a 2nd e-mail either. But after waiting for about a week I found out I could logon anyways lol. Perhaps give it another try?

From what I read, none of Sakura-Con's events are ticketed, so I'm guessing you just line up and go in.
Quote from: Dessa
There are no tickets for any event at Sakura-Con.

There are Event Passes that you can get if you stay in an affiliated hotel, which get you in early to the concerts, but there are no tickets.

I'm sure you still have to line up if you have a wristband. Either same or separate line. I've addressed this question on the board for you, so we'll find out what's going on when they give me an answer. So wristband just means you're only competing with other wristband people for seats, and you don't have to worry about the rest of the crowd without one.

XD If you're still confused let me know if you got anymore questions, I'll see if I can help you out. :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:11:44 AM by rev2hd »

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Minami Takahashi - ITOSHIKUTEKOISHISUGITE