JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Husking Bee - A Small Potato`s Mind

Author Topic: [News] Hangry & Angry Concert in Seattle (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Recap)  (Read 193519 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
I need that cut out of you tru! a la H!M XD

Great insight stark!

Personally, giving gifts during the autograph session, seems most appropriate. That's what they did for local hockey players.

I sure am up for da press pass, we have some of the top news gatherers in H!P folklore going on 5 years now, plus 2ch loves us.

Where u staying again differentstory12?

@dai & tru
From what it sounds like the con staff are trying set things up in a way we could chat, chill, and mingle with them in some way or another. Not sure how it'll work, the question has been addressed on the board, but hasn't been properly answered yet. Not sure if you could just walk up to them, but I know that we'll get the chance to be near them at some point.

HAHA oh man, we're gonna be in so much lines like they were handing out rice. BUT BABY DONT MATTER!

I KNOW. What if its like the "Hey. Celebs come and sit at your table and chat ask questions." I'd so keep the half eaten sando Rika ate and frame it XD

SHIT I'M FUCKING JAKKKKED UP

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
man... this is becoming serious bidness, yo!

chatting and mingling would be good... it would look like they're damn rockstars just chillin' an' drinking beer with dem groupies

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan~

anymore people boarding the Love Machine to Seattle?

the tremors from teh MIGHTY JPH!P must be felt in all corners of the ven!

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
Thank you so much for the help rev2hd!
LOL I tried logging in again like you said and it worked  :doh: *feels stupid*
I saw the question posted so thank you!<3 Hopefully someone answers it in detail.

I'm sure you still have to line up if you have a wristband. Either same or separate line.
I really hope this is the case! Too bad I couldnt be there early Friday morning. The cheap flights arrive in the afternoon XD

I was telling my sister about the reception and now she regrets not coming =/.

@daigong: A friend and I are staying at the Paramount Hotel.  :D
I read somewhere, I forgot where, maybe H!O, but they said that giving gifts during autographs might hold up the line. So you might hand it to a manager or someone? Or leave it in a table. Dont really know.

Offline stark

• Stark!
so you cannot give stuff to them directly.
you do in fact have to give them to the manager.
-stark!

Note: anything posted by stark on this or any other fan site is his personal opinion and is not the official statement of any organization.

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
^Thanks for the info! Now we have to figure out who the manager is and how to present it to them.

Offline wings4dreams

• ecchi
  • Member+
Hope its not to late, but I just wanted to say that I am diffinently (sp?) going to seattle in april. :grin:  I've got the time off and my plane tickets.  I'm totaly syked and hope to see some of you guys there (but it will be ninja style, because I'm terribly shy and probably wont have the nerve to approach anyone)  :sweatdrop:

Offline Naomi

• Member+
Hope its not to late, but I just wanted to say that I am diffinently (sp?) going to seattle in april. :grin:  I've got the time off and my plane tickets.  I'm totaly syked and hope to see some of you guys there (but it will be ninja style, because I'm terribly shy and probably wont have the nerve to approach anyone)  :sweatdrop:
Definitely. XD

I'm still sad that I can't go. :cry: I'm not surprised, though. Sigh. =/

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
^ i feel horrible that I can't go :cry:

the only chance I'll EVER see Rika and it'll never happen for me :cry:

Offline Naomi

• Member+
the only chance I'll EVER see Rika and it'll never happen for me :cry:
Me too. What makes it worse is that Yossie and Rika are my top two idols/celebrities ever, so it sucks that the both of them (and not just one) are finally in the same country as me, but I have no money to go. I've always wanted to see Yossie in person, but Yossie and Rika? Plus autographs and stuff?! GRR! I don't think I'd ever get the money to go to Japan to see them, either. :cry:

I hate being poor. :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong

Hope its not to late, but I just wanted to say that I am diffinently (sp?) going to seattle in april. :grin: 

NEVER TOO LATE!! Wondering where u was wings :P

I'm in Seattle April 9th 10am-ish, I actually have to formally submit my time off even tho I've talked to my boss - let's meet up at the Roosvelt hehe!  Paramount Hotel ain't too far, eh diff? lol

And LOL wings, daigong don't bite. Maybe Dinny :P It'll be an honor and a pleasure to meet y'all!

The Attendees BE:

daigong
rev2hd  + buddy
differentstory12
wings4dreams

:twothumbs

Gimme yer T-shirt sizes. We gonna be PIMPED OUT! Dinny got da hook up already :P

I'm still sad that I can't go. :cry: I'm not surprised, though. Sigh. =/

Aww cheer up Naomi & ckd. :)

There will always be a time and place, like when ebc and Masa saw Rika, I said. SOmeday! My chance meeting with GOD will come!

Let's get some messages to EM!!! Cum HELL or High Water. Shoot me down. We gonna deliver these messages/gifts to their manager. Me, tru_harmony, and rev2hd got so much planned. Fen's hooking me up with messages.

If stark could be of kind assistance! :halo:

We HiPstaz in Seattle be determined to find Yossi and Rika's manager and deliver the goods repping all the fine Ishiyoshi HANGRY & ANGRY fans worldwide. AND! Be your seeing eyes as Ishiyoshi invade America. Keep it locked on JPH!P baby :otomeikra:

EPIC NEWS!!

I got a response from da peeps about press pass, and they wanted additional info about our site. Well, JPH!P has the credentials and has been operating for 4 going on FIVE years now! So I showed them examples of our threads hehe Hope we get it! :)

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
(but it will be ninja style, because I'm terribly shy and probably wont have the nerve to approach anyone)  :sweatdrop:

Awww, it's okay, I'm pretty shy, too. But I'm not gonna let that get in the way of having some fun!

Quote from: daigong
And LOL wings, daigong don't bite. Maybe Dinny :P
Shhh! Quit making me look scurry! I'm like...the least intimidating person evar.

Small shirt size for me. I got the shirt in the mail, BTW. Good stuff, thanks dai!
And fuck! I need to work on that design! Doing eet nows...

Good call on those press passes, hope you can get them. :D

EDIT to avoid double post:

@differentstory12 and others who were curious, I received an answer about the wristband and line question:

Quote from: Wormling
Hello Dinny. Thank you for the question. As stated by another member, there will be two lines. I will be forming the wristband line early, and will position it so that that line can access the room early and make way to the front. After a designated amount of time, another set of doors will be open and the secondary, non wristband line shall be permitted entrance and will make way into the room.

This Sunday I will be going over this in detail with my team and finalizing the plan with Kerensky18 to get all kinks worked out. The gist of it though, is that armband line gets to go in first, and has better seating.

Here is a question that I get asked on this topic that I want to clarify:
Question: If I don't have a wristband, but my friends/family do, can I stand in line with them in the wristband line.
Answer: No. No one is permitted in the wristband line without a wristband. The only exception to this so far is small children with their parents.
Side note** I am currently seeing if handicapped personnel are also exempt to this, or if I can get a separate line and seating arrangement for them as I have in prior years.

Hope this answers your questions. :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:01:45 PM by rev2hd »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
GJ Dinny! Double post away!!!

HEY!! That was fast for the T-shirt. hope it fit well :D

Aight. So we all have wristbands cuz we're at Con-sanctioned hotels? I can do standing in line, dunno what else to do at an anime con lol

I wonder how y'all gonna find each other. You do know what daigong looks like, eh? Gotta get ur number too wings4dream.

I'm a go research Michael's and Wal-mart, maybe Staples tmr nite. And gotta shoot that letter to Fen!

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
I tried the shirt on and it's a little baggy, so I'm gonna see how much it'll shrink in the wash/dryer. I think it'll fit fine after that. =p

There's an update on the dress code for the reception:
http://scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18370&start=30#p534420

Basically it comes down to "No Bare Feet" and "No Indecent Exposure".(:lol:)

This was also posted up:
1) I will NOT allow anyone to line up for any event 30 minutes before the start of the event. This is the rule of the con and I enforce it. I do not do this to be mean. It is just con policy, and so, in the best interest of the con, lets all abide by it ^_^

So I guess we'll just have to "wander" around in the area until they let us line up.

Oh, daigong, I might need you to PM me your number since I'm not gonna be getting into Seattle until a few hours after you. We can arrange a meet at Roosevelt after I get my ass over from the airport.
I've attended anime cons in the past, the excitement kinda died down for me though...and the fact that some people drive me insane D: Only thing I really end up doing is hitting up the exhibitor's hall for crack goods.

Oh shit, are we sending the letters to Fen?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
oh no, Fen sending letters to me. and i'm gonna get her to translate a general one in kanji thang :twothumbs

Then u mean Rika ain't gonna show up in some hotpants! Fuck I'm disappointed! I'm a get us some extra JPH!P goods too. Looks like I'll have to look into ladies sizes. SRSLY! Look at miniwheat's small xD

OMGASS. Less than ONE month and we be kicking it with Ishiyoshi :hump:

Hmm...lol u still up Dinny? I'mma text u right now lol

I did get a look at scrap books, and I got some ideas tho they fuckin expensive as hell!! Stickers, beads, like 5-10 bucks a pop - we can insert photos of ourselves too. Or like epic posts/quotes. Even record a message in a birthday card for Yossi. You know how Hallmark has that shit?

Fuck 3 am XD

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
and fudge, it's HOLY WEEK!!! which means one thing: i'll be in the boondocks and all internet cafes will be closed...

... hmmm... i better get some prepaid broadband thingy so i can keep in touch with you guys...

you can hook up skype with your phones ne? ... but that might be expensive..

i'm just starting to write my letter to both of them... keeping it short... don't wanna scare them or something... XD
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:59:28 PM by tru_harmony »

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
here's the pic, ya!
YOU WON'T BE SEEING ANY OTHER ISHIYOSHI FAN DOING THIS, YA! XD
btw, that's part of my room, ya... you know, at home :lol:

more to come XD

post your pics too so dai can put it in the scrapbook for ishiyoshi!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:00:22 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
You're too awesome TRU XD

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
^
^
Bitchin'!!! :rockon:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
Mad props to TRU! :pimp:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
OSHIT!! DATS WHAT IM TALKING BOUT TRU!!

Above and beyond...that's how we do at JPH!P :pimp:

WERD. Got Fen to translate a general letter repping JPH!P, hey shh maybe she'll do more like tru's...butcha gotta get em in.

I did get a scrapbook of sorts. What to GET YOSSI  :banghead: I saw those record your voice Hallmark cards and none really suited a Japanese young lady. PLUS I got the dopest T-shirt idea. It's so genius, I'm getting a boner just talking about it. Those who are coming and those who wanna plan this shizznit jump onto #Rika24 Wednesday or Thursday. Oh, man I still gotta like confirm with the guest reception?  :sweatdrop:

After Hours in Seattle. Gotta holler at zomb and get him to chill, he's busy helping the kids during the day so mad respects. Coffee Hunt? Space Needle! Shopping! Wharf!

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Husking Bee - A Small Potato`s Mind