JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - 10 Seconds

Author Topic: Apple announces ‘iPad’ touchscreen tablet  (Read 15284 times)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Apple announces ‘iPad’ touchscreen tablet
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 06:22:22 PM »
Same price. I'm not buying though. The 1st gen still chugging along, with 5.1 making performance less painful. One thing I noticed is that the power consumption shot up from 3.1 watts to 5.26 watts from 2nd to 3rd gen and increase of more than 50% (according to Apple's own environmental reports). It's virtually the same size, yet Apple is promising the same 10 hour battery life. How do they do that  :?

Maybe we'll soon be hearing reports of crappy battery life when it hits shelves.
Its 4mm thicker and a lot heavier then the iPad2, there is where the extra battery is coming from.

The screen is a step foreward, the weight is a step backward.

Offline RoyMoy

• Member+
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »
Its 4mm thicker and a lot heavier then the iPad2, there is where the extra battery is coming from.

The screen is a step foreward, the weight is a step backward.

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPad-3-4G-Teardown/8277/1
Yup, they made the battery 70 percent bigger by adding 0.6 mm thickness (Not 4mm) and about 50 grams. (definitely a lot heavier  :lol:)

Design management: Cheap, Fast and Good (pick two)

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »
The new one's batteries have greater capacity. (and still close to the same size)
As a result, it takes longer to charge, and there have been reports of one of the corners becoming warm with use.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2012, 07:33:56 AM »
^^ Oops, yes but still this is an expensive battery holder... :)

^ If you look at the iFixit the electronics (CPU wireless etc) is along one side, would not pre surprised if there is what the heat is coming from. The display might have improved, but I do not think the other components really have. This display should have been on the iPad2, then that would have been a good improved model.

Oh, and who makes the display? Samsung! Seems they are the only one who could produce enough numbers and quality.

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2012, 08:52:19 AM »
Anyone camp out to get?

That's right  frblckstr1 watch em break it down NOW: http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPad-3-4G-Teardown/8277/1

I think i saw it at Future Shop (Canadian Best Buy) yest. and couldn't tell if it was "New" "HD" "3" or whatever lol just that it was sold out so I swiped and squeezed http://nandake.com on all of em :pimp:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - 10 Seconds