JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aiko - Hatsukoi

Author Topic: Ai Kago attempts suicide  (Read 7647 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Ai Kago attempts suicide
« on: September 11, 2011, 01:12:46 PM »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
Re: Ai Kago attempts suicide
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 01:21:15 PM »
roughly nikkansports article says:
Former Morning Musume Talent Kago Ai (23) was found by official persons in her mansion at minatoku (tokyo harbor ward) around noon on the 11th. She did show symptoms of drug abuse and had cut her wrist, so they called the ambulance. At the hospital they say her life is not in danger but that is looks like she attempted suicide.
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 01:59:20 PM »
Oh my God this is heartbreaking. :( You wonder what Nozomi thinks of it all. I'm not even sure I can look at her times at H!P in the same way now, knowing this. Please Kago, take care, seek help, GET RID OF YOUR ASSHOLE BOYFRIEND, and I can only hope things work for you.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 02:42:33 PM »
Truly sad turn of events, but thank God she is alive. Aibon,there are many of us who are praying, or sending our best thoughts out to you.

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 03:33:57 PM »
Oh god ; ___ ;
I thought she had attempted/considered suicide in the past(?) and I was expecting this to be about an interview she'd done on that recently! D:
I hope she's ok, I thought she would be more happy within herself now that she'd been getting her career back on track but it seems that's not the case. I hope that she's getting all the help and support that she needs! >___< Get well soon!

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline Pauekn

• Kyuuto no tenshi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/kago-ai-in-stable-condition-after-apparent-suicide-attempt/

^Details in English. It's a good thing she called her manager before she attempted the suicide...
It's Airi time, bitches!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 06:53:58 PM »
I think the saddest thing about this is that it's very difficult to think of any way to help her at this point. It seems she's been having varying levels of depression for a while now and keeps getting involved with bad types of people, especially men. Only she really has the power to change her life, but it seems she's not mentally or emotionally in a state to do that. Feeling trapped like that, it must feel like there's only one way out. :/ I don't know how to fight depression so I just hope that she finds someone who does know how to make her life a little shinier again, step by step.

The fact that she called her manager first gives a ray of hope that this was a cry for help; I believe it was a serious attempt (as in, not for attention as some jerks would surely claim), but it seems a part of her hoped that someone would save her. Not all of her is ready to give up, I think.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline shainingj

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ IshiYoshi ~ No doubt about their friendship
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 07:13:49 PM »
You've stated what most of us feel today!
Really hoping and praying that somebody would stand up for her and save her.
Don't give up Aibon!

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 09:05:47 PM »
I don't know what you can do about her dating old men, especially rather criminal ones.

But I think best to change her life would be if someone gave her a job she has "fun" doing and pays her well so she doesn't need help of those kind of guys.

Personally I would like to see her back in the upfront family. Maybe not as idol, since she's too old and with the past people won't accept her, but she could do various other things like work for the cultural department of the upfront company.
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 09:36:41 PM »
I feel like if anything, she needs to step down from the pressure of being a celebrity and a past idol as much she can, I'm not sure working within the company that she had to leave is the best thing for her. None of us know fully what's making her want to leave this world but I feel like the way she's been working lately is only causing more hardships for her...
I think that ideally she should get the counselling and support she needs to become happier within herself and get a nice, pleasant job somewhere away from the media and things that may cause her hurt or get here into trouble. Then eventually meet a kind man who will look after her. I don't know, she's so talented, but I'd rather see her out of the public eye and safe and happy than living the way she is now.

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 12:47:18 AM »
True dat. Take the positives in her past to change the negatives in the present. Call up Rika or Yossy since they seemed so close, or even Mari or Yuko. Tsunku!?

Though I don't know Aibon personally, on the outside it looks like a cry for help (like shirenu mentioned), and hope she gets the help she needs. but a cause of concern when one considers taking their own life.

I'm a just take to twitter and encourage y'all to send your support to her via @lovbus

Offline white232

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 12:59:31 AM »
This news is sad as fuck...

whats even worse is that it really doesn't surprise me all that much  :( 

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 01:23:33 AM »
Saw this sad news via my twitter feed, then told my roommate who rushed to look it up as well.

It's terribly sad to see someone who was doing so well in the limelight before to be bashed so hard by the media (and her own not-so-wise decisions) and then this happens as a result. I was never a huge Aibon fan but since she's been getting into these troubling things, I've been supporting her because I do believe there is a great entertainer inside her somewhere.

Her biggest problem seems to be her poor choice in men. That is what has ultimately brought her to this low. I don't wanna be saying too much but her lack of a steady father figure during her childhood probably has something to do with her getting involved with the wrong men.

Maybe this is the all-time low that she needs to get herself back onto the right path, but only time will tell.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 01:37:58 AM »
Lots of finger-pointing going on at another forum regarding this development and what led to it...can't really blame them considering the seriousness of this and the kind of heated emotions it can bring out (and that yes, she probably should be held at least partially at fault for some poor decisions recently), but the truth is there are too many factors involved that influenced what happened, some of which us fans will probably never know about.

I'm thankful she's physically okay, but deeply saddened that things have come to this again. To think, it was only a year ago that she was in NYC connecting with American audiences in jazz clubs and Central Park, finally making some great progress from where she was four years ago.

The word "kago" (加護) means "divine protection"...it sure seems she could really use some right now, maybe not necessarily actual divine protection, but just [noembed][/noembed] and give her some real help in getting her shit together.

Despite all this, I still don't see her permanently disappearing...all she's ever known is the spotlight, and the fact that people from all over the world have been flooding her Twitter account shows that she's still in demand. Leaving H!P/UFA probably should've been the end of her career, but she was determined to make a comeback and managed to pull it off for a while. It might be more difficult this time, but I think she can still do it...not a matter of "if", but of "when".
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 02:13:57 AM »
It strikes me that one of her big problems is her choice in male companionship.
From the pattern we've seen, she seems drawn specifically to older, shady men.
Given what I've heard of her childhood and family life, I'm starting to think she isn't equipped to make good choices when it comes to men.

How is someone supposed to change that?
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 12:43:11 PM »
I think some of the old crew is trying to reach out to her.

Tsuji, who's been blogging multiple times every day for the past 4 months (save for some phone issues last week) has suddenly gone silent.

Tsunku addressed Kago by name in a new blog entry, expressing his worry and lamenting his inability to get in contact with her.
http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-11015827159.html

I remember watching Kago's first post-UFA press conference where she mentioned that Yossy was the first person to contact her after being fired...somehow I wouldn't be surprised if Yossy is once again quick on the draw this time.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »
I don't know what to say.......hearing this news makes me really sad.  :cry:
I hope Kago gets better and that there are people helping her through this difficult time.

Offline diav

• Member+
Ai Kago attempts suicide
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 03:37:48 PM »
I'm glad she's ok, but like others before me, we can't really point fingers at her for this. Given that a variety of factors may have influenced her decision to do this, she should seek help or at least some counselling. I don't care if it's frowned upon in Japan, but Aibon should have a happy life, post-idol status.

What's unnerving for me is that she's only two years older than me and has done a tonne of stuff that I will probably never be able to achieve (in UFA and her jazz career). Whether she lacked a fatherly figure in her childhood or she has poor choice in male partners, I still think it's her life - she can do what she wants but only she has the power to change the direction that her life is currently heading in.  If she's troubled by what happened in the past, I hope she learns to let it go and look toward the future upon her recovery.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »
Like all of you I feel sadden at what has happened and hope that she gets better.

Yes she does need to get help, support, and guidance, but she needs to want help. Maybe a change in scenery might work.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »
For the longest time, my impression of Japanese society is that psychological issues as a medical condition have been neglected and/or stigmatized. I don't think this will change things for this generation but hopefully some peeps take this to heart and attitudes are affected somewhat...

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aiko - Hatsukoi