JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Aimai ME MIND

Author Topic: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread  (Read 331895 times)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread
« Reply #260 on: January 09, 2013, 09:17:49 PM »
^ I prefer to use an image hosting site such as imgur. Then you post the forum embed code that they give you.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2013, 10:18:52 PM »
Its been about a week and I was curious about what is happening about the idea Hitobo suggested and if there is enough interest for it?

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2013, 02:42:57 PM »
As for interest, it's just been the handful of people whose names you can see as having left thank yous for the relevant posts.  (What happened to all the members that participated in that last debate?  Where did they all go?  Here we are, all chummy, and they probably think that there's still an argument taking place.)

I guess that is a little surprising, considering how many people kept going on about that discussion, but with something like this I think a lot more people will make use of the forum/service once its up and running :)

I did think of another section for the initial post: a links section, meant to help others find quick and easy access to helpful sites (i.e., the English language learning sites that were shared elsewhere in this thread.)  Any objections to this idea?  If not, any sites to suggest?
Nice idea so people can do some research of their own; can only think of simple sites like dictionary.com or thesaurus.com but people underestimate just how useful they can be :thumbup

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2013, 04:59:03 AM »
I apologise for the late response. My brain was being fried by a fever of close to 40°C and I wasn't capable of typing coherently, especially on a serious topic such as this. I'm still burning (though with a lower temperature after taking the medicine) so pardon me if my words don't make much sense.

I was planning to do up a proposal this coming weekend when I have more free time but if Hitobo doesn't mind, can you draft a proposal since you have a clearer idea of how the first post should look like? Then nori (if nori doesn't mind too) and I can work with you through PM to finalise the proposal.

I did think of another section for the initial post: a links section, meant to help others find quick and easy access to helpful sites (i.e., the English language learning sites that were shared elsewhere in this thread.)  Any objections to this idea?  If not, any sites to suggest?

This is a good idea and I do have a couple of websites to share - WordReference Forums and Marked by Teachers.

Offline Sieka

• YukiRena, SayaMilky & AnniNaga Banzai ( ・ω ・ )
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~All hail Gekikara, Milky & Annin~
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2013, 06:26:02 AM »
(What happened to all the members that participated in that last debate?  Where did they all go?  Here we are, all chummy, and they probably think that there's still an argument taking place.)

I'm sorry for not taking part in the conversation, I was kind of busy last week due to university's call and such, and frankly, I still am busy because classes had just started for me. Anyhow, I'll try to participate as much as I can given with my time. :sweatdrop:

For learning sites...not much on my part because I mainly do my studies by reading lengthy stories and novels on my spare time, it helps a lot to cultivate you, also watching English shows also helps too, on some occasions anyways. For writing though, I mainly use Webster as my weapon when writing and dealing with inputting words/vocabularies. Also, one of my habits to expand my vocabulary is when I see a word unfamiliar to me, I tend to list them and afterwards, I look for the meaning through dictionaries/sites and try to remember them by associating them with another word (thesaurus comes in handy there).

Anyhow, if there are some concerns for anyone, I'm free for discussions through the pm system. For anyone who needs something, help or questions, feel free to message me, I'll reply back as soon as I can.
[ Author Profile | Tumblr ]
~I also ship NMB48's SayaMilky~
~From MG3, I wave the AnniNaga shipping flag~
~Shipping hard BlackGeki, and the princess pairing, YukiRena~

Fanfics:
[ Divine Intervention || The Beauty of Love || Sieka's Collections ]
[ This Distance Between Us || (Collab) Let Love Bleed Red ]
[ Memories of the Heart ]

Status: Semi-hiatus, Semi-I-don't-know-if-want-to-come-back-now

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2013, 11:13:55 AM »
Then nori (if nori doesn't mind too) and I can work with you through PM to finalise the proposal.

I don't mind at all, in fact I'm really happy to be included :D
So yeah look forward to seeing the draft  :bow:

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »
I was going through all the pages here and noticed there is a decent amount of fanfiction that is already finished. In my opinion it would be good to have a separate place for them for these reasons:

• There are many new writers and many new fics and it got kind of cluttered here.
  • I know a few silent readers (and I believe there are more) who look only for finished stories. That would make things more simple.
  • I think that kind of system would allow us to get more order around here and also it would be nice to have a place where you look through your past works and can work on your mistakes and flaws to make your future works better. Isn't this what others suggested?

Of course this is just an idea and moderators probably won't agree with me but I just wanted to share my opinion on this matter. It would be easier to find fics that way, nee?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:20:47 PM by sakura_drop_ »
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2013, 01:29:41 AM »
Hi everyone! As you may already know from the recent posts here, a few of us are planning to propose the creation of a new pinned thread tentatively called 'The AKB48 Fanfic Community Advice Thread' in the AKB48 Fanfics Board. This proposed thread will be a place for writers and readers to help each other improve in their writing. How so? Please refer to the following for a summary of the features of the thread:

1A. Each writer can have his/her own advice post (limited to one post per writer; however, there is no limit to the length of the post) to share writing tips and personal thoughts on writing. The contributing writers' usernames will be compiled in a list in the initial post of the thread and linked to their respective posts.

1B. Similarly, readers can have their own advice posts (also limited to one post per reader) to share suggestions on writing as readers are a very important part of the fanfiction community and they may notice important aspects of writing that writers have missed. The contributing readers' usernames will also be compiled in a list in the initial post of the thread and linked to their respective posts.

2. List of voluntary proofreaders

3. Quick links to helpful writing and English learning sites

4. FAQs (to be implemented when the thread gets more questions)

5. Writers who need further advice after trying their best to look for the answers to their questions can pose their questions in the thread and other writers and readers can kindly offer their suggestions.

The proposal is almost done at the moment and we would like to include a list of members who are in favour of the new advice thread in the proposal; therefore, please leave a 'Thank You' for this post if you support the creation of this thread. If you would like to go a step further and are ready to contribute your advice, please PM me, Hitobo or nori your interest and if you are a writer, two of your fanfic titles. We will indicate that you are a ready party that will be posting in the proposed thread when it has been created. The following text in blue is an example of how the list of contributing writers will appear in the proposal (underlined text indicates links to corresponding posts in the thread):

Authors:
seigus - Dr. Watanabe x Nurse Kashiwagi series, MaYuki one-shots
Hitobo - Portraits (AtsuMina), Majisuka Gakuen one-shots
nori - Friend's Lover
Author 4 - Fanfic Title 1, Fanfic Title 2 (Maximum two fanfic titles to be listed per writer so as not to overwhelm the list.)

Similarly, anyone who is keen to be listed as a voluntary proofreader, please PM any of us your interest and your genre/pairing preferences (if any).

We will be officially proposing to the moderators in a week's time so please get your votes in soon!

Thank you very much! :deco:

Yours sincerely
Hitobo, seigus, nori

Offline caghaunt

• Shinoda Mariko-sama!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ShawAkarin wa saikou! MariHaru mo!
« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2013, 09:28:39 AM »
Hello, everyone. I just want to share (maybe a useful) link.

I hope it will help anyone who has a difficulty on writing details.

litreactor.com/columns/writing-powerful-descriptions
One-shots: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
Tumblr:
caghaunt

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #269 on: January 29, 2013, 03:50:46 AM »
^ another suggestion could be separating the one-shots and fic stories (should be done soon :nervous)

Anyways going away from the discussion, I always wondered how you guys feel about having unusual pairings.  Just forcing two girls together with no apparent clue to why they should be together.  I know many here know I do H!P fanfics but I just wanted to dip my foot into these waters to test it out for a while (other than making pervs of course )

Anyways I hope for a few comments about it...
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #270 on: January 29, 2013, 05:44:34 AM »
^ I guess in a way it has to be believable other than that it seems fantasized  :nervous

Well thank you for the reply.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #271 on: January 29, 2013, 08:34:40 AM »
You're welcome.  And that's a nice, concise way of putting things.

Just to be clear, though, when it comes to an unusual pairing's success, I don't feel that it needs to be at all believable in real life so long as you make it believable in your story.

Of course, there are times in which random, inexplicable pairings can be refreshing.  Also, I'm sure there are readers here that will enjoy reading about a pairing no matter how fantasized it seems.

very true I asked because I posted one such pairing and I just needed a little bit of advice
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Hitobo

« Reply #272 on: February 02, 2013, 07:54:51 PM »
This proposal was submitted to the moderators just moments ago.  Here's hoping for the best!

Edit: The new thread has been established!  Find it here.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 02:07:00 AM by Hitobo »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #273 on: February 02, 2013, 08:36:39 PM »
^ Good work. I just sent you a PM Hitobo.

Sorry if anyone saw the thread which is now deleted. Still gotta fix some things.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2013, 09:27:31 PM »
Okay this hasn't been updated since the pages filled with discussion about writing styles, we need a change :nervous

It could have come up before but I wanted to ask, which member plays well as an antagonist in your fics, if there is one?  Since I'm asking this question, I would like to hear which member plays well as a protagonist in your fics?

First question has always been Mayuyu for no apparent reason, it is not like I don't like her, she just plays it well in my fics

Second question it varies on how I feel about it, I have a member-first mentality compared to run with the coupling first, so there is always one who does become the main protagonist like  Sae in Dark Side of the Moon and Yuko for Blink.  As for Bittersweet... I'm still thinking even if it is Mayu at the moment :lol:

I would love to hear it from all the writers :jphip:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2013, 09:33:28 PM »
1. Antagonist... Well, I can make anyone antagonist in my story, even Yuko-sama. Though probably Mayu fits the role really well... yet... mhm, I think I cannot choose, so many possibilities. Well, now when I think about it, Jurina fits the bad player role  XD

2. Well, as for protagonist, Takamina... i never saw her as a bad character...  She was always the one on the good side. But overall, it can be anyone actually.

I believe it's because I'm open to all kinds of pairings and story lines.  :yep:
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline caghaunt

• Shinoda Mariko-sama!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ShawAkarin wa saikou! MariHaru mo!
« Reply #276 on: March 05, 2013, 01:22:25 PM »
Both antagonist and protagonist, for me it could be anyone.
I don't have any preferred member for both roles.
One-shots: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
Tumblr:
caghaunt

Offline BbSis

• Girls love rules *.*~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Clean the nosebleed and keep reading/writing! @.@
« Reply #277 on: March 05, 2013, 04:28:38 PM »
Now thinking about it, I don't think I ever wrote a thing with bad characters. Maybe the parents. None of my fics here have a bad characters; malicious and perverted, yes, but not bad. But, if I were to write a bad character, I would just chose anyone who fits in the situation.

As for the protagonist, anyone can be. I end up treating almost every girl I chose as a protagonist xD

<3
Sorry about my lack of activity... I'm kinda stuck in life...

My fics:
It started in a wedding (MariMii + usual couples) - ongoing
The fanfiction post thread (KojiYuu, WMatsui) - ongoing
The cry of a lonely star - ongoing
Oneshots
Oneshots at Perv area

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #278 on: March 05, 2013, 06:34:38 PM »
Hmmm that's interesting, I would say any member can be used as a protagonist but I would personally choose a member who's pairs will then allow me to include Jurina, purely a bias for my oshimen XD

As for antagonists I think you can also choose all most any member as well. This could be due to their role in Majisuka Gakuen, Nezumi or Gekikara as a few examples, or that member has that kind of cool persona about them, like Sae or Jurina, but certain members I could never imagine as a antagonist. I think I would struggle making Takamina or Miichan an antagonist in any story :nervous

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #279 on: March 05, 2013, 08:09:05 PM »
I think I would struggle making Takamina or Miichan an antagonist in any story :nervous

Takamina would definitely prove to be a real challenge. She's the embodiment of justice and righteousness :lol: Miichan, on the other hand, is still plausible especially if you've been watching a certain AKB48-related anime. I won't say anymore to spoil the plot though.

Anyway, I have trouble making any of my favourite girls an antagonist in my story because I love them too much :nervous If I had one of them as an antagonist, she would probably swing over to the protagonist's side eventually. That's not to say I dislike reading stories with them as antagonists though. In fact, it makes the stories all the more exciting due to the conflicts between my beloved idols. That said, this antagonist issue is on my list of challenges to overcome XD

Here are the girls who will probably play well as antagonists:
1. Mayuyu - One word. Nezumi.
2. Mariko - Sadist queen.
3. Miyuki - Scheming fisher.
4. Yuko - She'll be one heck of a powerful adversary.
5. Jurina - The rebel.

As for protagonist, anyone can be one as long as I have enough passion for the girl to write a story about her.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Aimai ME MIND