JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aki-la - Freak da Club

Author Topic: Offical MLB Thread!  (Read 342027 times)

Offline WishForFany

• SNSD Coming Back!
Re: Offical MLB Thread!
« Reply #960 on: September 11, 2008, 08:03:29 PM »
Haha, I'm flushing.. even thought I don't live there anymore.. But I do live near Shea Stadium like 10 minutes from it...Dbacks just suks.. even thought they have haren and webb and johnson..

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #961 on: September 11, 2008, 08:44:33 PM »
Nice... Mets fan?  Looking forward to Citi Field?  I read that the Yankees are wrapping up some stadium sponsorship deal with Bank of America but I can't imagine that involves any sort of naming rights.  Can you see "The Bank of America Yankee Stadium" on the marquee?  Is the logo just going to be plastered all over the facade? 

Being how streaky the Dodgers are, I can't imagine the Diamondbacks switching to panic mode.  Yet.  One LA columnist is ready to start printing playoff tickets but Joe Torre isn't that brash when the subject comes up.  It ain't over yet!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:20:45 PM by Saburo »

Offline WishForFany

• SNSD Coming Back!
« Reply #962 on: September 11, 2008, 09:11:05 PM »
yeah.. I'm really looking for to Citi Field. And Bank of America Stadium??? eww... that suks.. At least Citi Field is much better (Citi Bank).

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #963 on: September 12, 2008, 01:01:46 AM »
Joe Sheehan at Baseball Prospectus breaks down K-Rod's season-o-saves:
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=8060

Offline WishForFany

• SNSD Coming Back!
« Reply #964 on: September 13, 2008, 05:29:51 PM »
I really want K-Rod to come to Mets!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
K-Rod = $$$$$$-Rod
« Reply #965 on: September 13, 2008, 10:01:56 PM »
There will be a lot of pressure on the Mets' front office to sign K-Rod.  However, I'm not sure it will be worth the inflated price.

Like the Sheehan article pointed out, there's nothing special about K-Rod's performance this season.  I'm not sure the Mets should offer top dollar for his resume but they'll probably will.

Offline WishForFany

• SNSD Coming Back!
« Reply #966 on: September 14, 2008, 07:14:56 AM »
But, during Mets Pre game.. I heard from this guy from SI that its highly unlikely that K-Rod will sign with Mets cuz he asks for big money.. and mets need SPs..

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
K-Rod gets save #58
« Reply #967 on: September 14, 2008, 07:29:31 AM »
Mets seem to be sensitive to media criticism.  Didn't the NY media basically can Willie Randolph?

If the Angels win it all then they'll give K-Rod his megabuck$.  And then they'll have to decide who the other person they want to sign: CC or Tex.

K-Rod got #58 tonight so now they can rest him more down the stretch run, unless they're hardup for home field throughout the A.L. playoffs.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Sunday!
« Reply #968 on: September 15, 2008, 09:15:12 AM »
What a Sunday!

Doubleheaders galore, and a no-hitter by Carlos Zambrano!  Tough game for the Astros.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #969 on: September 15, 2008, 02:54:44 PM »
EPIC!!!! I was like n-n-no HE DIDN'T JUST DO THATTT is it the peanuts or the beer talking to me? Thanks WGN!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #970 on: September 15, 2008, 09:50:06 PM »
Ned Yost canned as Brewers manager.  That is one, nutty hospital.

And Ted Lilly is holding Houston hitless through...  5 1/3 innings.  Poor Astros.

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
Re: Sunday!
« Reply #971 on: September 16, 2008, 11:05:52 AM »
Doubleheaders galore, and a no-hitter by Carlos Zambrano!  Tough game for the Astros.
I watched the game. Zambrano was awesome.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Complete games
« Reply #972 on: September 16, 2008, 11:00:40 PM »
OT: what was worse, Big Z throwing 110 pitches coming off shoulder problems to get the glory of a CG no-hitter?

or

Tim Lincecum throwing 133 pitches in a nothing game to get the glory of a CG shutout?

Eric Karabell of ESPN.com gave the Cubbies hell for the former and Gary Huckabay at Baseball Prospectus gave the Giants and Bruce Bochy hell for the latter.

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #973 on: September 17, 2008, 08:07:40 AM »
I think Tim Lincecum throwing over 130 pitchers was worse. I can understand Lou Piniella leaving in Zambrano to pursue the no-hitter. It doesn't happen often and it had been 36 years since a Cubs pitcher had thrown a no-hitter. Plus, Zambrano's pitch count didn't end up being that bad. Lincecum should have been taken out.

Offline WishForFany

• SNSD Coming Back!
« Reply #974 on: September 18, 2008, 12:37:21 AM »
The Tim Lincecum one!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
George Brett talks about shitting his pants
« Reply #975 on: September 19, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »
Mostly OT: this YouTube vid is all over the blogosphere and I'd like to share it here.

Hall-of-Famer George Brett talks about pooping his pants.  Enjoy!

UPDATE: removed from You Tube due to...  trouble.
http://overthetop.kansascity.com/?q=node/458
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 12:52:32 AM by Saburo »

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #976 on: September 22, 2008, 09:16:09 AM »
The Cubs clinched the NL Central division and the Rays clinched a playoff spot over the weekend.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Victorino vs. Tavarez
« Reply #977 on: September 25, 2008, 05:40:59 PM »
Funny stuff about Tampa Bay having no candiates to throw out the first pitch at their first-ever postseason game.  Geez, not even a filthy greaseball politician?

http://www.thefightins.com/meechone/shane-victorino-and-julian-tavarez-exchange-words-benches-clear/

In other funny news, didja see this "altercation" between Shane Victorino (Maui No Ka Oi!) and Julian Tavarez?  Bottom 8th, Victorino on third and certified looney tune Tavarez on the mound.  Victorino is dancing off third and, instead of faking a throw to the bag,  Tavarez actually steps off the mound and makes a RUN to the bag.  We always see the fake-to-third, throw-to-first place so this is a new wrinkle.

After that Tavarez kept eyeing Maui Boy at third, who in turn began yapping at Koo-koo pitcher to PITCH, damn it!  The Phillies were six runs down and I doubt Shane was aiming at a steal of home.  Of COURSE Tavarez took it personally and the dugouts emptied.  No swings, no punches landed, no hits...   in other words, your typical baseball "fight."

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Derek Jeter’s All-Star Dating Line-Up
« Reply #978 on: September 26, 2008, 12:50:08 AM »
Via The Big Lead, The rundown on Derek Jeter's ladies.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Last day of the regular season... minus one
« Reply #979 on: September 29, 2008, 05:45:39 PM »
Sunday notes...

Brew Crew IN, Mets OUT.  Shea way out!  CC gets CG #10.

Mussina wins 20, might retire.  Brightest spot for Yankee fans?  That, and the oddball "Yankee Stadium Hit Record" that only could have been brought up in today's information/garbage stat era.

Yanks-BoSox split the doubleheader.  Josh Beckett has an oblique strain?!  Sweet.

ChiSox-Tigers makeup game today.  Win or lose, Ozzie's gonna blow!

Tim Lincecum fans 13 in seven innings against LA.  Is CC still in the NL Cy race?  Rick Sutcliffe won it in '84 pitching two-thirds of the season for the Cubs.  Anyway it's Johan against Lincecum.  And BTW: it's Pujols as NL MVP.

They didn't mention it on ESPN but Big Unit Johnson pitched a CG and won career game #295.  I figure he gets picked up by the D-Backs for PR purposes in '09, getting the hometown discount.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aki-la - Freak da Club