JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Red Velvet - Russian Roulette

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 567682 times)

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #560 on: May 14, 2012, 07:35:10 AM »
Tell me more about the Passpo Festival

A few details from the schedule at their website:

PASSPO Fes @ Hihiya Outdoor Music Hall
When: Sunday, Jul 8, 2012

There are two shows: 13:00 and 17:30. There will also be a handshake event, probably after each part.

Tickets are included with the dvd version of their next single "Next Flight". More info:
http://passpo.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/next-flight/

Tokyo Idol Festival lineup was just announced and is on August 4-5, so kind of makes me rethink going in July. I think you went to TIF last year right?

edit: just thinking about PASSPO's festival, wouldn't it be cool if after the concert, each girl operated her own booth (like the type you'd see at a real Japanese festival). Each girl would design their own booth and set up their shop at different areas of the venue. Morishi could operate one of those cliche goldfish booths (since her color is yellow), Mio could do a caricature booth (although I don't know if they do those in Japan), Makoto (or Sako) could have a takoyaki booth and call them Makoyaki (or Sakoyaki) or they could both have one and pretend they're rivals, Natsumi could sell PASSPO ice cream, and since Aipon and Yukki are the leaders, they could sell PASSPO merchandise. Anna is too cool to set up a booth though.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:20:07 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #561 on: May 14, 2012, 08:12:33 AM »
Dammit i really want to go to the Tokyo Idol Festival...but i also want to go for the Passpo Fes....

Most likely i can't attend both though  :banghead: :banghead:

Offline PASSPO

• PASSPO Lover :D
  • Member+
  • I love PASSPO! :D
« Reply #562 on: May 21, 2012, 03:40:50 AM »

:wub:

I've been busy lately so I haven't had time to post on the forum a lot, but I've gathered and translated a whole lot of information on the new single here:
http://passpo.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/next-flight/

Offline pigmin0239

• Member+
« Reply #563 on: May 21, 2012, 04:31:34 AM »
^It seems a amazing PV, FIRST CLASS! :cow:

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #564 on: May 21, 2012, 07:14:18 AM »
Economy class for me! That's where all the cool kids sit 8).

I love the song so far! Morishi :wub:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #565 on: May 21, 2012, 03:52:31 PM »
I'm all for rock and all for pretty girls in cute costumes, but somehow this song hasn't really grabbed me yet.
Maybe after some more plays and listening to the full version. All the key elements are definitely there, they look great.

What do you guys think about the musicians line-up?

They're all well established musicians, but imo they lack a bit of appeal. They're all good, that's not the problem, but most of them are either session players or members from ancient bands. From Passpo's perspective it may have been more beneficial to collaborate with more popular/younger musicians? I mean, I doubt Cinderella fans are going to care about Passpo. It won't give them an extra push in the western market. But maybe that wasn't the idea behind this at all, I'm just speculating here. Just thought the choice of musicians was a bit odd.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #566 on: May 21, 2012, 05:30:48 PM »
i know no one of the backup band members... i read one works with shakira? i was like wtf shakira have her own band? lol... song sounds nice but can't decide how nice until a full listen

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #567 on: May 21, 2012, 07:22:05 PM »
Hmm... I don't really have an opinion about the musicians they collaborated with since I don't listen to "metal" and I'm not familiar with those bands. I guess I would have preferred they work with L.A. punk groups, since they are more relevant to me. But this is all meant to appeal to their Japanese fans. It's definitely not about the western market, because there isn't a western market for PASSPO. They didn't have to go to L.A. I'm sure there is an airplane graveyard in Japan they could have filmed at, and plenty of Japanese rock musicians they could have worked with, but that wasn't the image they were going for. If they had more resources or time I'm sure they could have gotten a better lineup, since I do feel a lot of American rock groups are fascinated by Japanese pop culture, but Universal Japan either didn't have connections to them, or they already knew who they could work with.

I'm just glad they rebounded from Kimi wa Boku wo Suki ni naru. Next Flight is a massive improvement over their last single.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #568 on: May 22, 2012, 03:17:58 AM »
If there's one thing I love as much as Japanese pop music, it's classic American rock music. Maybe that's why I've consistently enjoyed Passpo so damn much. They definitely have an American-esque rock sound to most of their music. It's evident their producers care about how the instrumentals sound. I think this is something that takes a backburner in the idol realm some of, if not a lot of the time.

However, this... wow. Instantly recognizable names for me working with an idol group I already love. I don't think it's a stretch for me to say this is probably one of my favorite J-Pop song in a long time, and that's just going off the preview. I'm totally smitten, definitely buying.

Offline PASSPO

• Member+
« Reply #569 on: May 22, 2012, 03:28:12 AM »
I think it's better that they used older [ex-]band musicians from well known groups (Guns N' Roses, Cinderella) than current ones. After their anniversary shows on Sunday, there were a lot of tweets and blog entries regarding the musicians. A lot of the ones I read were speculations on who the musicians that collaborated on this single were (this is before staff announced who). A lot of people were saying Guns N' Roses and were sure Slash would be one of them, as well as other bands including.. Cinderella!

Once the band members were announced, there was one blog entry that really caught my eye. A man born in the 70s blogged about how he really loves the new song/PV and how it brings him back to his youthful days. He said how he remembers when he was a teenager that worked a bunch of part-time jobs just to save up money to buy the latest American metal and rock CDs. That really made me smile because I'm sure he's not the only person who remembers their younger days listening to these bands after finding about PASSPO's new single.

(I'm really not good with words so the past two paragraphs probably don't make as much sense as they do in my head :nervous)

This single is definitely a step up from their last one, which I thought of as a 'throwaway single' anyway. The purpose of their last single was really to get people to vote for girls - Which didn't work out the way management wanted. Fans don't want new members (unless Kaho comes back). They love PASSPO as they are and they showed this by not buying as many copies of their last single, as much as that hurts for the girls.

I think they will be releasing two other singles this year where they fly to other countries for "metal" themed tunes with other metal/rock musicians. I really want them to go to Finland/Norway/Sweden/Germany, but I don't know how likely that would be. They'll probably go to England at least.

What I find funny is how the band members in their PV are not the musicians who recorded for this single, lol.  :P

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #570 on: May 22, 2012, 04:13:39 AM »
This single is definitely a step up from their last one, which I thought of as a 'throwaway single' anyway. The purpose of their last single was really to get people to vote for girls - Which didn't work out the way management wanted. Fans don't want new members (unless Kaho comes back). They love PASSPO as they are and they showed this by not buying as many copies of their last single, as much as that hurts for the girls.

I can say this is definitely the case for me. I couldn't have cared less about voting unless there was an option for "keep as-is". Passpo is fine just the way it is. :)

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #571 on: May 22, 2012, 06:36:56 AM »
I think they will be releasing two other singles this year where they fly to other countries for "metal" themed tunes with other metal/rock musicians. I really want them to go to Finland/Norway/Sweden/Germany, but I don't know how likely that would be. They'll probably go to England at least.

Interesting, so PASSPO x Iron Maiden is a possibility. Hopefully they don't ignore Iceland. Everyone does though. It's always, "We'll go to Iceland next year".

Offline eyeless

• Member+
« Reply #572 on: May 23, 2012, 08:16:43 AM »
All these talks about Next Flight are interesting. I myself grew up with American heavy metal music. And seriously, the song reminds me a lot to the old time, even better, instead of the band members wearing makeup and looks like a girls, here we get real cute dancing girls. Just perfect.

I'm curious, who's actually the man behind Passpo's concept.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #573 on: May 27, 2012, 01:04:14 PM »
don't get me wrong, I am excited about the new PV......

Offline eyeless

• Member+
« Reply #574 on: May 31, 2012, 02:56:51 AM »
Found something on Youtube  XD

Offline eyeless

• Member+
« Reply #575 on: May 31, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »
This worth double post, enjoy!!

Offline PASSPO

• Member+
« Reply #576 on: May 31, 2012, 01:20:19 PM »
Thanks for uploading it to YT!

"I will fly, dareka ni Jesus Child" <-- Please let this be the actual lyrics! Even if it's not, I will continue telling myself it is, just like how in 'ViVi Natsu' I will believe they are really singing " sing song to loving you".  :P

I love the song, dance and PV! I'm sad at the lack of Yukimi in all their PVs buuuut I think she will be the star in 'Bathtub', can't wait!  :wub:

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #577 on: May 31, 2012, 02:43:57 PM »
Simply put, this might be my favorite idol and J-Pop song... ever. It only got better as the song went on. Holy shit. :inlove:

Offline PASSPO

• Member+
« Reply #578 on: June 07, 2012, 02:52:16 PM »
PASSPO will be live streaming their show at 6:30pm on Saturday (Japan time)! http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv95927340

This is their second show of the day, the first one is with predia but unfortunately that one isn't being streamed.

Offline PASSPO

• Member+
« Reply #579 on: June 09, 2012, 12:11:34 AM »
OMG so it turns out the 1st show today with PASSPO and predia will also be live streamed!!

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv96020067

It's at 12:30pm JST so in about 5 hours!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Red Velvet - Russian Roulette